Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Science __ ] Ivermectin used in New York Hospitals

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So you're peddling them because you don't care?

For one thing it has authorized medical uses. Just not for COVID-19 infections. As you learned it doesn't work for that purpose.

New England Journal of Medicine

May 5, 2022
N Engl J Med 2022; 386:1721-1731
DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa2115869

Conclusions

Treatment with ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital due to progression of Covid-19 or of prolonged emergency department observation among outpatients with an early diagnosis of Covid-19. (Funded by FastGrants and the Rainwater Charitable Foundation; TOGETHER ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT04727424. opens in new tab.)

Your source?
A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

• Overall, we rate Rumble Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of right-wing propaganda and conspiracy theories and false information, use of poor sources, and a lack of transparency.

Kinda says it all.

I am confused by this. I don't even care enough to "peddle" anything.

As you know, obviously I know Ivermectin has other medical uses, since as I just said I give Ivermectin to my pets monthly. It definitely does have side effects (the OP says Ivermectin has very few. I know that to be baloney. I see its side effects firsthand all the time).

Of course I do. How do you think I knew how unreliable Rumble is?
You read some biased left-wing source which criticizes them.

Maybe you don't actually know what I know about immunology and infection...
Like viral diseases not being spread by air rather than bacteria and fungi? If I don't, then you don't either.

You're confusing intelligence and knowledge.
No, I really think you aren't very smart. You didn't even understand the sarcasm in TNA's disclaimer.

No, I really think you aren't very smart. You didn't even understand the sarcasm in TNA's disclaimer.
These are personal attacks and they stop here, especially since he really does know more than you on this matter. He likely knows more than everyone on this forum put together on this matter.

Of course I do. How do you think I knew how unreliable Rumble is?
You read some biased left-wing source which criticizes them.
I notice that the same source lists Huffington Post as "far-left" and "misleading."
So maybe your bias is the problem.

Like viral diseases not being spread by air rather than bacteria and fungi? If I don't, then you don't either.
But they are, many of them. Different viruses often have different means of infection. Bacteria and fungi rarely spread viruses ouside of their own domains.

One good result of the uncertainty over the way COVID-19 spread was an obsessive concern with cleaning surfaces. That didn't do much about COVID-19, but it really put a dent in influenza cases. Flu viruses remain infectious for a considerable time on things like counters and door handles.

Airborne illness from viruses is a myth, but from Anthrax is a different story.
Oh my. On what basis do you make such an anti-scientific claim? Why do you reject that COVID-19, TB, colds, and the measles are not airborne illnesses, but anthrax is, although it can also be through contact, much like influenza?

Oh my. On what basis do you make such an anti-scientific claim?
Because saying viruses don't multiply well in white blood cells is not unscientific. But pretending a bacterial cell is a white blood cell. This was long ago, and gave the falsehood that viruses are produced in white blood cells. White blood cells are designed to sweep viruses, not give them food.

Why do you reject that COVID-19, TB, colds, and the measles are not airborne illnesses, but anthrax is, although it can also be through contact, much like influenza?
Food poisoning can cause certain illnesses which happen in a group at once; and contact of non-white boils, I agree is truly dangerous. Strangely, Anthrax is an exception to airborne myth, in that, it actually can be spread from a bomb, and has good fungal-bacterial spores.

Though I wonder how it would fare against aspirin or penicillin.

Last edited:
Because saying viruses don't multiply well in white blood cells is not unscientific. But pretending a bacterial cell is a white blood cell. This was long ago, and gave the falsehood that viruses are produced in white blood cells. White blood cells are designed to sweep viruses, not give them food.
You've been misled about that, too...

HIV attacks certain white blood cells, called CD4 cells.

Food poisoning can cause certain illnesses which happen in a group at once; and contact of non-white boils, I agree is truly dangerous. Strangely, Anthrax is an exception to airborne myth, in that, it actually can be spread from a bomb, and has good fungal-bacterial spores.

Though I wonder how it would fare against aspirin or penicillin.
Anthrax is a bacteria and penicillin isnt strong enough to kill it .it can be spread by inhaleing it .touching it and eating .

Cipro is the strongest antibiotic,penicillin is seldom used because most bacterial agents think the staph infection that is a common bacteria ,mrsa is that strain that resist antibiotics.because penicillin was used like candy .

You get shots for anthrax for the contact type .I had three of the six series before they stopped it .

Covid shot pales to the reactions of that .arms feel like on fire ,cold and the arm swells worse each time I got it . Some got severe reactions and had to be hospitalized.

Cipro is the strongest antibiotic,penicillin is seldom used because most bacterial agents think the staph infection that is a common bacteria ,mrsa is that strain that resist antibiotics.because penicillin was used like candy .
Sir Alexander Flemming, who discovered the antibiotic, warned that overuse of penicillin would result in the evolution of resistance in bacteria.

He was exactly right.

You've been badly misled...
No I have not been. The only that seems to infect the lungs are molds and bacteria. Your stupid masks increase the chance of this happening.

Why do you think O.R. personnel wear masks?
Masks have always been an overkill even if slightly needed.

Last edited:
Sir Alexander Flemming, who discovered the antibiotic, warned that overuse of penicillin would result in the evolution of resistance in bacteria.

He was exactly right.
The overuse of penicillin can cause illness from penicillin. He wasn't even close.

Anthrax is a bacteria and penicillin isnt strong enough to kill it .it can be spread by inhaleing it .touching it and eating .

You get shots for anthrax for the contact type .I had three of the six series before they stopped it .

Covid shot pales to the reactions of that .arms feel like on fire ,cold and the arm swells worse each time I got it . Some got severe reactions and had to be hospitalized.
Have you tried aspirin to see what it does?

You've been misled about that, too...

HIV attacks certain white blood cells, called CD4 cells.
This does not prove viruses reproduce in white blood cell, only that white blood cells are exhausted in relation to HIV infection.

The overuse of penicillin can cause illness from penicillin. He wasn't even close.
He was talking about that penicillin wasn't able to kill many bacteria and that resistance to it can be built by the bacteria that it couldn't.

My wife is allergic to penicillin .
Have you tried aspirin to see what it does?
Nsaids like Motrin which I take dont stop the infection but reduce the fever and during asthma that doesn't stop the throat closing ,wheezing ...

My incident with covid was based upon I had minimal fever and that the Motrin didn't stop the cold and hot flashes .that disappeared with Albuterol and the steroid they gave me in a shot within minutes .

I was told to use Motrin when I get a fever like I do with asthma or any fever .I climb to 103 .some aspirins also are gonna break a fever but none actually stop the cause of it .

I got a fever from bronchitis. It didn't stop that .I had to go to the hospital and they saw the white section and did a wbc count and gave me antibiotics and a breathing treatment. The fever was low but not gone with Motrin but the flashes remained .it all went away and when I took a break I noticed the fever fast and would take it again until it didn't and all medicine of predinsone and or antibiotics in the walking pneumonia case I had was taken .

My asthma is service related .it can be triggered by infections viral ,fungal and bacterial.

I had have all three .

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back