Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus Christ THE FIRST and THE LAST

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Running: I say none of them believed Jesus is God.
Me: Then please quote the verse or passage that proves your assertion.

Christ isn't Jesus' name. Did you know that? It refers to the anointing he had. So when the Bible says "in Christ" it isn't referring to being in a human. It's referring to being in something spiritually.
Then why is He called "Christ Jesus" multiple times?

Please explain how you believe I did that.
Runningman said:
Being "in Christ" doesn't refer to being in a human. Being in a human isn't a Christian teaching.

So sola scriptura isn't useful for you?
It is. Islamified Jesus is NOT Sola Scriptura.

Acts 10:37,38 prove that Jesus wasn't anointed with the holy spirit and power until his water baptism of repentance and that the works he did were not of his own power, but because God was with him.

Acts 2:36 proves that Jesus was not the Lord and Christ until God made him such. There was a point in which God had to make God the Lord and Christ? Then Jesus isn't God.

Actually, I would believe Jesus was God if he would just say so. He denied it many times. You are running from the truth, but it's chasing you now.
Doubtful.
Says the 'runningman'. And He clearly implied it.
".. Before Abraham was born, I AM .."
Explain this if Jesus is a simple human with NO DIVINE NATURE.

The sermon concludes with a summary. Simply, all Israel should know that even though they crucified Jesus, God has declared Him both Lord and Christ.

i. It is as if Peter said, “You were all wrong about Jesus. You crucified Him as if He were a criminal, but by the resurrection, God proved that He is Lord and Messiah.”

ii. When Peter exhorted them whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved (Acts 2:21), there is little doubt who the Lord is that he spoke of: Jesus.

iii. “That the early Christians meant to give Jesus the title Lord in this highest sense of all is indicated by their not hesitating on occasion to apply to him passages of Old Testament scripture referring to Yahweh.”

I am just showing you what the Bible says. It's your choice to believe it or not. So do you believe a human is God?
Jesus had a Divine Nature.
If He didn't, His death was nothing. Any ol human could die and save us, with your damaged worldview's logic. Only Jesus could save us and be sinless - BECAUSE He was God.

1 John 1:1-3 says in the beginning the Word of Life was an it that manifested in a man. What's your work around for John 1:1 saying the word was God and that 1 John 1:1-3 saying the word is not God?
Actually it is implying that the Word is God.
Show me "THE WORD IS NOT GOD" anywhere in the whole Bible.
Show me "JESUS IS NOT GOD" anywhere in the whole Bible.

"Jesus the Man" verses DO NOT COUNT. You are only seeing ONE part of Jesus' Nature.
Until you can see BOTH parts - your understanding of the Bible will be skewed.

So those who disobey the gospel also get eternal life? That isn't scriptural.
Not eternal life in the sense of being in Heaven. They burn.

I suggest you read John 3:16. Only those who believe in God's begotten Son will have eternal life. All others perish. Do you believe that?
You really think dying means cease existing. That's unBiblical.

It is appointed for man to die ONCE.
According to you, men die TWICE.
All sinners die TWICE according to your unBiblical annialationism.

Doesn't say anything about eternal torment. It only mentions the smoke rising forever. Nice try.
Yes it does.
The smoke of their ____ rises forever and ever? Fill in the blank. My try is a success.

Three persons who are each called God are three Gods, but let's get a baseline on what you believe exactly. Do you adhere to the trinity as described in the Athanasian Creed?
No. By your logic humans are also gods.
Three PERSONS - ONE God.
God can be anything He wants. If He wants to be triune, He can be such. God was always triune as He never changes.

Not according to scripture. I would like to discuss the Greek of this passage with you. There are two uses of the word for god in this verse. The first usage is "Ton Theon" which means The God (the definitive God) and theos which means a god. God was with God isn't a biblical concept.
It's not UNBiblical.

Then why is He called "Christ Jesus" multiple times?

It is. Islamified Jesus is NOT Sola Scriptura.

Acts 10:37,38 prove that Jesus wasn't anointed with the holy spirit and power until his water baptism of repentance and that the works he did were not of his own power, but because God was with him.

Acts 2:36 proves that Jesus was not the Lord and Christ until God made him such. There was a point in which God had to make God the Lord and Christ? Then Jesus isn't God.

Doubtful.
Says the 'runningman'. And He clearly implied it.
".. Before Abraham was born, I AM .."
Explain this if Jesus is a simple human with NO DIVINE NATURE.

The sermon concludes with a summary. Simply, all Israel should know that even though they crucified Jesus, God has declared Him both Lord and Christ.

i. It is as if Peter said, “You were all wrong about Jesus. You crucified Him as if He were a criminal, but by the resurrection, God proved that He is Lord and Messiah.”

ii. When Peter exhorted them whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved (Acts 2:21), there is little doubt who the Lord is that he spoke of: Jesus.

iii. “That the early Christians meant to give Jesus the title Lord in this highest sense of all is indicated by their not hesitating on occasion to apply to him passages of Old Testament scripture referring to Yahweh.”

Jesus had a Divine Nature.
If He didn't, His death was nothing. Any ol human could die and save us, with your damaged worldview's logic. Only Jesus could save us and be sinless - BECAUSE He was God.

Actually it is implying that the Word is God.
Show me "THE WORD IS NOT GOD" anywhere in the whole Bible.
Show me "JESUS IS NOT GOD" anywhere in the whole Bible.

"Jesus the Man" verses DO NOT COUNT. You are only seeing ONE part of Jesus' Nature.
Until you can see BOTH parts - your understanding of the Bible will be skewed.

Not eternal life in the sense of being in Heaven. They burn.

You really think dying means cease existing. That's unBiblical.

It is appointed for man to die ONCE.
According to you, men die TWICE.
All sinners die TWICE according to your unBiblical annialationism.

Yes it does.
The smoke of their ____ rises forever and ever? Fill in the blank. My try is a success.

No. By your logic humans are also gods.
Three PERSONS - ONE God.
God can be anything He wants. If He wants to be triune, He can be such. God was always triune as He never changes.

It's not UNBiblical.
On a matter as important as this one we should be basing our beliefs off of what the Bible says rather than guessing what is true because of what the Bible is silent about. It would also seem most of this post is just a rather long-winded disagreement, but not a lot of substance that says why. You're free to disagree, but I ask you to please use scripture to explain why. Your misrepresentations of things I said are strawmen. I am not going to directly engage those things anymore.

Let's get back on track using scripture. So did Jesus ever say he is God? No. Did anyone else ever clearly identify Jesus as God? I would say no, but I understand that's debatable. I think he denied being God.

Mark 10
18“Why do you call Me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone.

On a matter as important as this one we should be basing our beliefs off of what the Bible says rather than guessing what is true because of what the Bible is silent about. It would also seem most of this post is just a rather long-winded disagreement, but not a lot of substance that says why. You're free to disagree, but I ask you to please use scripture to explain why. Your misrepresentations of things I said are strawmen. I am not going to directly engage those things anymore.

Let's get back on track using scripture. So did Jesus ever say he is God? No. Did anyone else ever clearly identify Jesus as God? I would say no, but I understand that's debatable. I think he denied being God.

Mark 10
Jesus was sinless.
Jesus was God. That's why He had no sin. ONLY God was & is sinless. So was & is Jesus. Therefore , Jesus IS God.
You have proven my case. Well done.

You believe that Jesus was sinless.

The verse you gave should end your Islamified view of Jesus - and also give you the correct view.

Mark 10
There are different ways to understand the above quote by Jesus.
Although I'm not sure which one I c ould agree with, the above could also mean:

Why do you call me Good?
Only God is good.

(are you calling me God?)

This could be correct.

Jesus was sinless.
Jesus was God. That's why He had no sin. ONLY God was & is sinless. So was & is Jesus. Therefore , Jesus IS God.
You have proven my case. Well done.

You believe that Jesus was sinless.

The verse you gave should end your Islamified view of Jesus - and also give you the correct view.
I don't know what you mean by Islamified.
If this is a derogatory remark, I'd suggest that you stop using it.

If you mean it sincerely, then I could advise you that there are many persons that consider themselves to be Christian that do not believe Jesus is God but the Son of God.

Back