Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus Is God: Part 1

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
As I expected, again, you didn't answer my question.
You've asked me no question(s). Instead, what you've been doing is writing nonsense, in your broken English, and then miscalling your nonsense, "questions" and "my question".

If you want to ask me a question, be my guest: if you do, I'll answer it. But understand that just because you continue to meaninglessly, reflexively string some words together and stick a question mark onto the end of them, I'm not about to play along with you at your game of make-believe, pretending that your nonsense—your non-questions—are questions.

Twice, I've asked you: "Is the Father Lord? Yes or No?"
You: <NO ANSWER, STILL>

Why do you refuse to answer "Yes"? Why do you refuse to declare that the Father is Lord?

Last edited:
You've asked me no question(s). Instead, what you've been doing is writing nonsense, in your broken English, and then miscalling your nonsense, "questions" and "my question".

If you want to ask me a question, be my guest: if you do, I'll answer it. But understand that just because you continue to meaninglessly, reflexively string some words together and stick a question mark onto the end of them, I'm not about to play along with you at your game of make-believe, pretending that your nonsense—your non-questions—are questions.

Twice, I've asked you: "Is the Father Lord? Yes or No?"
You: <NO ANSWER, STILL>
Once again, you rattle on. You do know that the ad hominem is a sure sign you've lost the argument, Right? And, yet again, you haven't answered the question. You can deny it all you want but it's there for everyone to read. I know why you won't answer. Because your position is indefensible. That's why we get these diatribes and rattling on. You have no defense for you position.

But, let's talk about the language since you seem to be stuck on pagans gods.

Then the LORD appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day.
2 So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground,
(Gen. 18:1-2 NKJ)

Here Moses writes that the LORD appeared to Abraham, then he says three "men" were standing there. Was the pre-incarnate Christ a man? The Bible calls Him both LORD and man. He hadn't been born to Mary yet. So which is it? According to your argument He must have been a man because Moses wrote that He was a man.

16 Then the men rose from there and looked toward Sodom, and Abraham went with them to send them on the way. (Gen. 18:16 NKJ)

Then the men rose and looked toward Sodom. Again, they are called men. As the story continues we find this.

Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. (Gen. 19:1 NKJ)

Now Moses calls the two "men," that went on ahead of the LORD, angels. So, what were they? Were they men or angels?

You see, if we understand language this is easily understood. However, if use the method you've based your argument on, well, It's a roll of the dice. Just pick whichever you want. I could give you many more examples of this if you'd like. It's all through the Bible. If we use your line or reasoning, that because Isaiah called a statue a god, therefore it a god, then you have to say the pre-incarnate Christ a man.

Then the LORD appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day.
2 So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground,

(Gen. 18:1-2 NKJ)
Here Moses writes that the LORD appeared to Abraham, then he says three "men" were standing there.
Does he say three "men" were standing there, or, instead, does he say three men were standing there? I don't see your sneer quotes in the Scripture text, do you?

Which does Moses write?

1. "[Behold], three men were standing by him..."
  2. "[Behold], three non-men were standing by him..."
Was the pre-incarnate Christ a man?
Yes.
The Bible calls Him both LORD and man.
Good eye!
He hadn't been born to Mary yet.
You're on a roll.
So which is it? According to your argument He must have been a man because Moses wrote that He was a man.
You're on fire, tonight! You da "man"! And, yes, indeed, He must have been a man because Moses wrote that He was a man. Why do you prefer to contradict Scripture against believing it?
16 Then the men rose from there and looked toward Sodom, and Abraham went with them to send them on the way. (Gen. 18:16 NKJ)

Then the men rose and looked toward Sodom. Again, they are called men. As the story continues we find this.

Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. (Gen. 19:1 NKJ)

Now Moses calls the two "men," that went on ahead of the LORD, angels. So, what were they? Were they men or angels?
They were men and they were angels.
You see, if we understand language this is easily understood.
IOW, you don't understand language.
However, if use the method you've based your argument on, well, It's a roll of the dice. Just pick whichever you want. I could give you many more examples of this if you'd like. It's all through the Bible. If we use your line or reasoning, that because Isaiah called a statue a god, therefore it [sic] a god, then you have to say the pre-incarnate Christ [sic] a man.
Since Isaiah said that certain statues are gods, therefore, those statues he said are gods, are gods.
Since Moses said the pre-incarnate Christ is a man, the pre-incarnate Christ is a man.

Q. Why do you prefer to contradict Scripture against believing it?

A. Here's why you prefer to contradict Scripture: Since being a god does not necessitate being personal, being a god does not necessitate being unipersonal, nor does being a god exclude being tripersonal. This fact does not help you sell your extra-Biblical, false doctrine of unitarianism.

Last edited:
Does he say three "men" were standing there, or, instead, does he say three men were standing there? I don't see your sneer quotes in the Scripture text, do you?

Which does Moses write?

1. "[Behold], three men were standing by him..."
  2. "[Behold], three non-men were standing by him..."

Yes.

Good eye!

You're on a roll.

You're on fire, tonight! You da "man"! And, yes, indeed, He must have been a man because Moses wrote that He was a man. Why do you prefer to contradict Scripture against believing it?

They were men and they were angels.

IOW, you don't understand language.

Since Isaiah said that certain statues are gods, therefore, those statues he said are gods, are gods.
Since Moses said the pre-incarnate Christ is a man, the pre-incarnate Christ is a man.

Q. Why do you prefer to contradict Scripture against believing it?

A. Here's why you prefer to contradict Scripture: Since being a god does not necessitate being personal, being a god does not necessitate being unipersonal, nor does being a god exclude being tripersonal. This fact does not help you sell your unitarianism.
You ask more questions and yet haven't answered the first.

Tripersonal? Please do explain. This should be good. How exactly is one tripersonal?

Wait.....getting the popcorn... carry on.

@strawman.

11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.
12 And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spake to Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceived me? for thou art Saul.
13 And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.
14 And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.
15 And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.
16 Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy? (1 Sam. 28:11-16 KJV)

So, was Samuel a god? If so what kind of god was he?

@strawman.

11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.
12 And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spake to Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceived me? for thou art Saul.
13 And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.
14 And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.
15 And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.
16 Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy? (1 Sam. 28:11-16 KJV)

So, was Samuel a god?
Not that I'm aware of. Why do you ask? Oh...nevermind. I see why you say that: you apparently revere a witch's word at least as much as you revere God's word.

Exactly! You can't defend what you said. Checkmate!

I asked you: "How can one be unipersonal? One anything. But, particularly a god. Please explain a unipersonal god."
You: <NO ANSWER>

Something can be tripersonal by being three persons: that's how something can be tripersonal. Thus, a god can be tripersonal by being three persons: that's how a god can be tripersonal. It's not difficult, see. It's similar to how something can be three-legged: by being three legs. It's similar to how something can be two-armed: by being two arms. It's similar to how something can be five-roomed: by being five rooms. It's very elementary.

Checkmate!
Ah, so the fact you've just demonstrated—that you revere the word of a witch over the word of the LORD—makes you a winner in your own eyes, eh?

Last edited:
So, was Samuel a god?
Like I said: not that I'm aware of.

And, I asked you: "Why do you ask?"
You: <NO ANSWER>

Does the word of the LORD declare that Samuel was a god? If you think so, please quote/cite the passage you're thinking of. He certainly does not declare that in the passage you already handed me. So what (if any) point do you imagine you were making by handing me it? You should learn from Saul's error, and stop consulting the witch of Endor. Besides, even she did not say Samuel is a god, so your broaching of the passage is irrelevant, at best.

Back