Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Jesus saves from unbelief !

You cannot have "unbelief" if you purposely "choose to place your faith in Christ as your Lord and Savior."

As I have already stated, the Christ I serve saves His People from sin, which unbelief is one of them. Does your christ do that ?

As I have already stated, the Christ I serve saves His People from sin, which unbelief is one of them. Does your christ do that ?

All sin is covered by the blood of Jesus. But, we must come to the Lord in the right way, and that is, with a repentant heart and our faith that He is who He says He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him...With all due respect, you really need to get over this, "my Christ does this and your Christ does that." You could perhaps word it this way, "You follow another Gospel."

All sin is covered by the blood of Jesus. But, we must come to the Lord in the right way, and that is, with a repentant heart and our faith that He is who He says He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him...With all due respect, you really need to get over this, "my Christ does this and your Christ does that." You could perhaps word it this way, "You follow another Gospel."

Excellent response and advice.

gb

All sin is covered by the blood of Jesus.

No its not. That is not even true to the type. When the High Priest went into the Holy of Holies, He went only a represenative of a Particular people, The People of Israel, He only confessed their sins, not the sins of the other people nations .

Now again, the Christ I serve, He saves His People from their sins,which one of them is unbelief, the main sin.

It appears you serve a christ who covered all sins, but nevertheless those whom he covered their sins, many of them shall die in their sins, what a pity..

gb

No its not. That is not even true to the type. When the High Priest went into the Holy of Holies, He went only a represenative of a Particular people, The People of Israel, He only confessed their sins, not the sins of the other people nations .

Now again, the Christ I serve, He saves His People from their sins,which one of them is unbelief, the main sin.

It appears you serve a christ who covered all sins, but nevertheless those whom he covered their sins, many of them shall die in their sins, what a pity..

That was "only" between the people of Israel and God. The Gentiles weren't included at that time, only Israel...That really doesn't present a good example (no offence intended though.)

Rejection of the Grace of God is the worst thing a man can do. But, in order to do that, he must first be approached with the truth, through the Gospel...and make a "conscious choice..."

Well, your next subject is, "It appears you serve a christ who covered all sins, but nevertheless those whom he covered their sins, many of them shall die in their sins, what a pity.

The answer to that is, It's true, Christ died for ALL men's sins, however, not ALL will come to a saving knowledge, due to their rejection of the message...

A couple of points

1) According to serious Biblical scholars, Paul did not write the Pastorals
2) One can freely choose to, say, steal or not steal. How does one 'choose' to believe or not believe? For example, if you said that I would go to Heaven if I believed in the Easter Bunny, I still could not believe in it. It seems to me belief is a matter of assessing the evidence and has more to do with facts and reason than ethics.

A worthy analysis that I would like to respond to. I do not actually agree that one can freely steal or not steal. The motives are inherently contrary in moral spirit. It would be no different than saying I can freely be good or evil without regard to the necessary Spirit that precedes us and makes one righteous.

However, your point about belief is right on. The evidence we are discussing is the Christ as the true image of God. And here what we are being asked to believe in through the presenting of the Christ is the personal character of God. As an absolute, what we say we see through our judgment of the Christ reveals who we are. There is much more I could say about that, but I will simply add that if one who dies on a cross and forgives his tormentors is not trustworthy it is because one does not believe in the Spirit of Love as eternal. This phenomenon of belief in a Love such as this is the psychological and emotional cure for the spiritual motives of sin that were first wrought through ignorance.

gb

That was "only" between the people of Israel and God. The Gentiles weren't included at that time, only Israel

Thats the point of the type. God's provision for Salvation was only for a Particular People. The only difference is that the Particular people for whom it is, they are not confined to any particular nation.

And the particular People its for in the nations will be known by their Faith, because Christ will save them from their sins, which includes unbelief..

gb

Thats the point of the type. God's provision for Salvation was only for a Particular People. The only difference is that the Particular people for whom it is, they are not confined to any particular nation.

And the particular People its for in the nations will be known by their Faith, because Christ will save them from their sins, which includes unbelief..

sbg57-----Thats the point of the type. God's provision for Salvation was only for a Particular People.
Grubal------At that particular time of history, that would be the Israelite nation...

sbg57-----The only difference is that the Particular people for whom it is, they are not confined to any particular nation.
Grubal-----If your making reference to this present time, Salvation is only open to individual's and not a corporate nation, this is true...On this we agree...

sbg57-----And the particular People its for in the nations will be known by their Faith, because Christ will save them from their sins,
Grubal-----That's true, and that means ALL there sins are covered by Christ's sacrifice on the cross...

I might add that, anyone can come to Christ as Lord and Saviour. Christ's sacrifice on the cross covered the sins of ALL men...

gb

At that particular time of history, that would be the Israelite
nation...

Thats the point, it was a type, indicating that Salvation was for only a Particular People.

And the Christ that I believe in saves His People from unbelief !

gb

The Lord chose Israel to be a peculiar people...a holy people.
Deuteronomy 14:2 said:
For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

Now we see the grace of God has appeared to all men, and those who believe are the "peculiar people."
Titus 2:11-15 said:
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Jesus Christ is the elect, and those who believe on Him are a royal priesthood...the priesthood of the believers.
1 Peter 2: 6-10 said:
Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

According to the foreknowledge of God, those who come by FAITH are the elect...not the selected few.
1 Peter 1: 1-5 said:
Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

That was the Elect. Not the Physical Nation of Israel. And the Jesus I serve, saves His People from unbelief ! Its impossible for any He died for to die as unbelievers !

That was the Elect. Not the Physical Nation of Israel. And the Jesus I serve, saves His People from unbelief ! Its impossible for any He died for to die as unbelievers !

The Word says, Christ died for the ungodly...not just some and not just the elect.
Romans 5:6 said:
For when we were yet without strength, in due time [/b]Christ died for the ungodly.[/b] But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Christ gave Himself a ransom for ALL.
1 Timothy 2:6 said:
Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

What the cross did, and why Christ died, was to reconcile mankind to God.
So, yes, Christ died even for unbelievers.

But, it was the resurrection that gives man a chance to have life and be saved.

We're reconciled by His death, and saved by His life.
Romans 5:10 said:
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

gb

Thats the point, it was a type, indicating that Salvation was for only a Particular People.

And the Christ that I believe in saves His People from unbelief !

The difference lies within the fact that, the Jews were chosen as a, "corporate" nation. A special "chosen" group of people. Salvation today is on an "individual" basis, not a special grouping of people... The individual is the name of the game...Offered to ALL who will place their faith in Christ and Him crucified...

Now we see the grace of God has appeared to all men, and those who believe are the "peculiar people."

Jesus Christ is the elect, and those who believe on Him are a royal priesthood...the priesthood of the believers.

According to the foreknowledge of God, those who come by FAITH are the elect...not the selected few.

Astoundingly true!!!!

The Jews were the "chosen" people. The Jewish and Gentile believers today are, the "true elect." What do you mean, when you say "unbelief"??

gld

The Word says, Christ died for the ungodly

Yes, but it doesn't say for all without exception ! So the elect by nature are ungodly.

Christ gave Himself a ransom for ALL.

Yes, all that the Father gave Him The Elect, nowhere does it say all without exception..

We're reconciled by His death, and saved by His life.

Not everyone without exception, are you a universalist ?

gm

The Jews were the "chosen" people

No they were not, only a small remnant was. The rest were heathens..

What do you mean, when you say "unbelief"??

You got to be kidding me ? I mean a unbeliever. The Christ I serve saves His People from being a unbeliever.

The difference lies within the fact that, the Jews were chosen as a, "corporate" nation

That had nothing to do with salvation.

They, the corporate nation were not God's Chosen People in regards to Salvation.

The Fact still remains, the Jesus Christ I serve saves all for whom He died from all their sins, which unbelief is the main one ! No one shall die in their sins for whom the Christ I serve died for. None of whom He died for shall remain a unbeliever all there life neither.

Back