Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Jesus saves from unbelief !

gm

No they were not, only a small remnant was. The rest were heathens..

You got to be kidding me ? I mean a unbeliever. The Christ I serve saves His People from being a unbeliever.

Everyone is an unbeliever before they come to Christ by faith...But, once they hear the Gospel of their salvation, been convicted by the Spirit, and put their faith in Christ, then, they are no longer "unbelievers..." And the Israelite's were "the chosen people."

That had nothing to do with salvation.

They, the corporate nation were not God's Chosen People in regards to Salvation.

Nobody said it had to do with "salvation" but, none the less, they were called the "chosen." Just as today, both Jewish and Gentile believers are considered the "elect" (not to be mistaken for the elect chosen before the foundation of the world) but in the "truest" sense of the word...

The Fact still remains, the Jesus Christ I serve saves all for whom He died from all their sins, which unbelief is the main one ! No one shall die in their sins for whom the Christ I serve died for. None of whom He died for shall remain a unbeliever all there life neither.

Sin is sin no matter which sin you prefer to bring up. Sin is, disobedience towards God. And this takes many forms and is called by different names, but, it's still sin. (Semantics aside) Christ died for the sins of the entire world. He made it possible for ALL mankind to come to a saving knowledge of God's Grace...Through our faith...

gld

Yes, but it doesn't say for all without exception ! So the elect by nature are ungodly.

Yes, all that the Father gave Him The Elect, nowhere does it say all without exception..

Not everyone without exception, are you a universalist ?

Without exception, Christ died for the sins of ALL mankind. God's Grace is available to ALL who will place their faith in Christ and Him crucified...

gb

Thats the point, it was a type, indicating that Salvation was for only a Particular People.

And the Christ that I believe in saves His People from unbelief !

In your post "79" you say the following, ("That had nothing to do with salvation.

They, the corporate nation were not God's Chosen People in regards to Salvation.") And yet in this post your saying,"it's a type, indicating that Salvation was for only a Particular People. There seems to be a contradiction here??? Could you please explain. You can't have it "both" ways...

g

And yet in this post your saying,"it's a type, indicating that Salvation was for only a Particular People.

Correct, and this thread is not for that discussion. This thread is about Jesus Christ I serve saves His People from unbelief.

If you want to discuss the Israel matter, go to my thread here, i suggest you read my comments there and we will take it from there. Here is the thread:

http://www.christianforums.net/f17/saviour-unto-israel-26717/

g

Without exception, Christ died for the sins of ALL mankind.

Not the Christ I serve, He only died for all that believe..All unbelievers as here Rev 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

My Christ did not die for them. Maybe the christ you know died for those unbelievers who shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death..

So you witness for your christ, and I will witness for mine. The One I serve saves His People from their sins which includes unbelief.

gb

Sin is sin no matter which sin you prefer to bring up. Sin is, disobedience towards God.

I know that, thats why I am mwitnessing to the Fact that the Christ I serve saves His People from all their sins, which INCLUDES unbelief !

g

Not the Christ I serve, He only died for all that believe..All unbelievers as here Rev 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

My Christ did not die for them. Maybe the christ you know died for those unbelievers who shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death..

So you witness for your christ, and I will witness for mine. The One I serve saves His People from their sins which includes unbelief.

The reason those folks will be thrown into the lake of fire is that, their names were not written in the "book of life" and they rejected God's only provision for forgiveness and mercy, that being Christ and Him crucified...

g

Correct, and this thread is not for that discussion. This thread is about Jesus Christ I serve saves His People from unbelief.

If you want to discuss the Israel matter, go to my thread here, i suggest you read my comments there and we will take it from there. Here is the thread:

http://www.christianforums.net/f17/saviour-unto-israel-26717/

You didn't explain your "contradiction" is there a reason for that, or perhaps you merely forgot to answer??

The reason those folks will be thrown into the lake of fire is that, their names were not written in the "book of life" and they rejected God's only provision for forgiveness and mercy, that being Christ and Him crucified...

It doesn't matter what the reason was, The Jesus I serve saves His People from unbelief, unbelief and rejecting Christ, all that is sin. Those my Christ died for are saved from the sin of rejecting him !

"Insufficient example"
Not really.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

He cooked for everybody:

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Not everybody will sit down and eat:

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

AMEN, Brother, Your 100% right on the money... Nice to here you speaking truth...

It doesn't matter what the reason was, The Jesus I serve saves His People from unbelief, unbelief and rejecting Christ, all that is sin. Those my Christ died for are saved from the sin of rejecting him !

Christ died for the sins of the world. Not ALL will place their faith in Him, but it's available to ALL...

Christ died for the sins of the world. Not ALL will place their faith in Him, but it's available to ALL...

So there you have it, you believe that a man is saved by what he does [placing their faith in him] and not what Christ did [dying for sins] !

Thats works salvation. Thank you !

Jesus ensures that His Sheep shall believe in Him !

John 10:16

16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Whenever the Divine Being says that something shall or will happen, its a sure thing, and its sure because His Divine Power is engaged to perform it, as with Isaac, who was a child of promise. God said Gen 17:19
And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

When the Son Issac was born it is written Gen 21:1-2

1And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken.

2For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.

So it is with any Divine Promise, and so here Jesus promises that His Sheep shall hear His voice. He has all power both in Heaven and Earth to make good the promise Matt 28:18

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Now His Sheep are those He lay down His Life for as stated in Jn 10:11,15

11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

And it to these only is it promised that they shall hear His voice. To hear His voice in this respect means to believe on Him, thats the purport of Jn 10:16

16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The hearing of His voice means that they shall live Jn 5:25

25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

They are the ones that liveth and believeth on Him Jn 11:26

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

This is so , and those who do not never believe, Jesus says there is a reason for that, which is this Jn 10:26

26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Simply stated, Jesus is saying if ye were of the Sheep that I lay down my Life for Jn 10:15, then shall ye believe, but since you are not, ye will not believe ! In fact, in another place it is revealed that they cannot believe Jn 12:39

Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

The difference therefore between those who are believers, and those who cannot or will not believe is the Death of Christ, He died for His Sheep, and ensured that they Shall hear His voice, which means they shall live and believe on Him..

So there you have it, you believe that a man is saved by what he does [placing their faith in him] and not what Christ did [dying for sins] !

Thats works salvation. Thank you !

It's God who has asked us to believe...He has provided the "provision" by which we can be forgiven and shown His mercy, and that is through the "work" of His Son on the cross. All He asks of us is, that we place our faith in His Sons "work" and we shall be saved. That's the wonderful, "Gospel" of God's salvation plan for man. It's the way it's been set up by the creator of the universe...

gld

Yes, but it doesn't say for all without exception ! So the elect by nature are ungodly.

Yes, all that the Father gave Him The Elect, nowhere does it say all without exception..

We're to read the Word for what it says....not for what it doesn't say.

Every man that's ever walked the earth is ungodly (except Jesus), so, yes, even the elect were ungodly.

The elect are those who come to Him by faith in Jesus Christ.

No, I'm a Christian. :)

gld

The Fact still remains, the Jesus Christ I serve saves all for whom He died from all their sins, which unbelief is the main one ! No one shall die in their sins for whom the Christ I serve died for. None of whom He died for shall remain a unbeliever all there life neither.

Since Jesus died for the sins of the whole world...wouldn't that make you a universalist?

You continue to speak of the Jesus you serve, as if the rest of us serve some other Jesus.

(Don't you realize that you're just one member of His body?)

I say this because it's so distracting that I have a hard time reading beyond that. It invariably makes me think of a child who tells his brothers and sisters, "My daddy works at McDonald's and he only brings fries home for me." Just saying. ;)

Back