Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Jesus the Man Before John !

He was the Messenger of the LORD who was sent by the LORD and is the LORD?

Yes. There is a threefold fullness being described here in the verses about this encounter between Moses and the Angel of the LORD.

The Holy Spirit is wanting us to understand Who the Angel of the LORD is.

And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”
So when the LORD saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”
And he said, “Here I am.”
Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God. Exodus 3:2-6

The Angel of the LORD is the LORD, and is God.

God the Son, not God the Father.

God the Father is God.
God the Son is God.

And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.

JLB

No. He appeared as God the Son; the Angel of the LORD.
In verses 10-11 does it say Man ?

Judges 13:10,11;15-23

10 And the woman[Sampsons Mother] made haste, and ran, and shewed her husband, and said unto him, Behold, the man hath appeared unto me, that came unto me the other day.

11 And Manoah arose, and went after his wife, and came to the man, and said unto him, Art thou the man that spakest unto the woman? And he said, I am.

Colossians points out this Manhood before Creation, Christ as Mediator and Head of His Church and Body Col 1:15-18

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 7f

In verses 10-11 does it say Man ?

Judges 13:10,11;15-23

10 And the woman[Sampsons Mother] made haste, and ran, and shewed her husband, and said unto him, Behold, the man hath appeared unto me, that came unto me the other day.

11 And Manoah arose, and went after his wife, and came to the man, and said unto him, Art thou the man that spakest unto the woman? And he said, I am.

Of course it says man.

So does Genesis 18:1-2

Then the LORD appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day. So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground, Genesis 18:1-2

Two of the three “men” were the angels that brought destruction upon Sodom and Gomorrah.

The other was the LORD Jesus before He became flesh.

Of course it says man.

So does Genesis 18:1-2

Then the LORD appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day. So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground, Genesis 18:1-2

Two of the three “men” were the angels that brought destruction upon Sodom and Gomorrah.

The other was the LORD Jesus before He became flesh.
Because of the lack of evidence connecting Jesus as the Angel, it would be just as well to claim the Angel was a representative of YHWH, or from the Hebrew root meaning Deputy, or from the Latin Envoy, meaning angel.
The writer of Hebrews seems to want to reject the idea that Jesus was an angel because he implies that none of the angels God has ever said “thou are My son”, and that Jesus has been exalted above all the angels of God.
To speak as if Jesus was in fact the angel is nothing more than opinion and not fact.

Back