Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Judaism and Christianity

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
How do Christians respond to Rabbi Singer‘s challenge to Christianity? Rabbi Singer is well read and knowledge and has had numerous debates with Christians. Many of them agree with his stand. His website is Jews for Judaism.
Thanks

One belief held by Jews for Judaism is that Jesus didn't fulfill messianic prophecies such as destroying the enemies of Gods' people, bringing them into their own land and bringing peace to all mankind.
Misconceptions like this are easily corrected by understanding that only believers are Gods' chosen people, regardless of race and that death is the enemy Messiah would destroy.
Jews for Judaism believes that, at best, Jesus was a deluded false messiah that got caught up in his own delusion. At worst he was a false prophet that intentionally drew Jews away from the God of the bible to serve a false god; something the OT repeatedly warns against.

Either way, it is absolutely forbidden for Jews to even think about Jesus.

How do Christians respond to Rabbi Singer‘s challenge to Christianity? Rabbi Singer is well read and knowledge and has had numerous debates with Christians. Many of them agree with his stand. His website is Jews for Judaism.
Thanks
Well since he believes the NT was made up and full of lies he won't listen and he already knows a lot of the NT teachings. I certainly don't agree with him. I think he actually believes Christians are the ones who will perish for worshipping a false God.
Since he refuses all testimony given.
Disregard him for If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

I know my Lord and Singers problem isn't with Christians' but with Jesus and since Jesus was sent by the Father and conveyed the Fathers message then Singers problem is with the one he claims is his God. In regard to judgments made I would state its Jesus's words that will prevail.

I can see his end. As for Jesus His kingdom can not be destroyed and will never end.
Jesus-But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Jesus never changed His testimony despite knowing what they were going to do to Him for stating the truth.
Then the high priest stood up before them and asked Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 61But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.

Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”

62“I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

So Jesus Himself stated the truth. Singer doesn't believe God. I feel no need to further evangelize one who repeatably rejects and attacks the truth.

Anyone who calls themselves a Christian, ( abiding on forums for many years daily) will have an equally hard task, to show they are any better than a Rabbi, or anyone in Judaism, or any non Christian religion, atheist etc.

Everybody shows a lack of humility in their words ( we see no actions because it is easier for people to impress you with good words and fair speeches, than to lift one of their fingers to do any action for another's good.)

Who cares if the only interest these people ( who have a form of godliness) have is themselves ( lovers of their own selves) and that the unbelieving profess they believe in God, but in works deny Him, as they are abominable and disobedient and morally abandoned ( they don't lay their life down for you, they want to take your soul off of you instead)

Luke 11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

So, to tell who is a believer in Jesus Christ the Messiah, is anyone who can show belief in being the least, and the lowest:

Luke 9:48 And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

Luke 14:7 And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them.
8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Matthew 13:32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Thanks

With Truth:
Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?

“I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

For we did not follow cleverly devised stories when we told you about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in power, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.

Singer is on a destructive path before the Lord. He is going to come before the one who judges and Jesus will state to Him, "I don't know you" -

Singers problem is with Jesus not us.

7 So Jesus asked the twelve, ‘Do you also wish to go away?’ 68 Simon Peter answered him, ‘Lord, to whom can we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 We have come to believe and know that you are the Holy One of God.’

Hi loveendures
Thanks
I respond with: You know, if we look across the wide expanse of history, most of the Jewish teachers have been wrong. Let me ask you, Does Rabbi Singer explain that Jesus is the Savior/Messiah sent from God? If not, well, are you really willing to believe that someone who doesn't understand that most simple and basic concept of what the Scriptures were designed to teach us, to tell you that he knows the truth about some other spiritual or theological matter?

I'm just saying it may be well worth considering that even though Rabbi Singer may have a great following, consider that the crowd surrounding Jesus, who were pretty much all Jews and the Scriptures even tell us that the Jewish leaders and teachers were there, he can be very much wrong. And based on my understanding of the Scriptures, he very much is, much like his previous ancestors.

Not sure what is messianic Jew.
If you're going to post about such things you really should be somewhat knowledgeable on the subject.

God bless,
Ted

HI loveendures

Just for fun, let me explain how I understand the purpose and present status of Judaism.

God spoke a universe into being and when completely built and finished, placed man in it to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. About 1500 years after God created all that exists in this realm of His creating, He called out a man named Abram of Ur to be His servant. He promised through Abram (Abraham) that He would build them into a great nation...which He did over the next 1500 years or so.

His purpose of working with Abraham and his line, was to first bring forth the written Scriptures that would tell all mankind about Him. Second they were to bring in everlasting righteousness, which they did by killing Jesus as God's sacrifice for sin. Once Jesus died for our sin, his blood brought to mankind everlasting righteousness for anyone who would believe and trust in the sacrifice made. What we call 'salvation'.

However, once the Scriptures were written and Jesus was sacrificed, Judaism was replaced with what the new believers called 'christian'. Judaism is dead. God is no longer asking them to perform their daily, weekly, monthly, annual sacrifices for their sin, which is what the law, given to Moses is pretty much all about. Now, God says, "Look, I have done everything for you. I have used my people to tell you all about me and to bring about everlasting righteousness, but what I want from you is not sacrifice, but to strive to live the life that my Son showed you." As Paul writes to us, we're all the same now. There is no Jew or Gentile for those who believe. There is only Christ and him crucified.

So, does Rabbi Singer preach Christ and him crucified for our sin, as the basis of his theology?

So, yes, the Jews are still overly prideful as a group and don't ever want to go down that path of allowing that they were wrong. Man's heart is wicked! Who can know it?

God bless,
Ted

>>>His purpose of working with Abraham and his line, was to first bring forth the written Scriptures that would tell all mankind about Him. Second they were to bring in everlasting righteousness, which they did by killing Jesus as God's sacrifice for sin.
<<<It was their intention to kill Jesus as a "sacrifice" for their sins?
can you site a verse.

And please show where does God command them to kill the Messiah or son of God to atone for their sins?

>>>However, once the Scriptures were written and Jesus was sacrificed, Judaism was replaced with what the new believers called 'christian'. Judaism is dead.
<<<Please see Matt. 23:2-3
>>> God is no longer asking them to perform their daily, weekly, monthly, annual sacrifices for their sin, which is what the law, given to Moses is pretty much all about.
<<<Are you aware He never did? Please see Jeremiah (7:22-23) Kjv.
Sacrifices were only used as "
penalty" for "unintentional sins", something you did wrong, but you were not aware of.

>>>So, does Rabbi Singer preach Christ and him crucified for our sin, as the basis of his theology?
<<<Of course not. He (Rabbi Singer), teach no blood needed to atone for your sins.
Just do what king David did, confess your sin to God and He will forgive you, simple (2 Samuel 12:13) no blood needed.

Also, you may look at the people of Nineveh in Jonah3:9-10, they were very wicked People, but when they repent, they were forgiving. No blood needed. see also: Hosea 6:6--Isaiah 1:11-17---Psalm 50:13-14---Proverbs 15:8---Matt. 12:7 and more.

Rabbi Singer one of very few who memorize the whole Old Testament and most of the New by heart, must be respected.
Thank you.

Hi Tempo
<<<It was their intention to kill Jesus as a "sacrifice" for their sins?
can you site a verse.

And please show where does God command them to kill the Messiah or son of God to atone for their sins?
Sure. As your read through the old covenant, and with the guidance of God's Spirit, you find a story of creation, existence, and then final judgment and new existence.

God created all that exists in this realm. There is nothing that we see or know of that God didn't create, through His Son. When man first sinned, in the garden, God set forth a promise that there would be a struggle between Satan and God, and that God would win, even though God, through Jesus, would be wounded. Then in Isaiah we read that there is a servant coming, a Savior, that would bleed and die for our sins. Then Daniel tells us exactly when he would be here and many other prophets pretold things that he would do that we would recognize to identify that one whom God had sent.

But Daniel also tells us of the responsibility that God had placed on Israel.

"Seventy weeks are determined For your people and for your holy city, To finish the transgression, To make an end of sins, To make reconciliation for iniquity, To bring in everlasting righteousness, To seal up vision and prophecy, And to anoint the Most Holy.

All of that was done through the sacrifice of Jesus. He finished the transgression. He made possible an end of sins. He is the reconciliation for iniquity. He is everlasting righteousness. And Jesus was anointed with blood, just as the old covenant priests were anointed with blood. He was literally anointed with blood by the crown of thorns upon his head. The old covenant Scriptures are pretty much the only vision and prophecy that we know that we know to be true. There is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, and the writings of the first apostle that do also contain some prophecy, but that was all finished within 60 years of Jesus' death.

However, the phrase to 'seal up vision and prophecy' could very likely mean that the Jews would create a canon of the old covenant, and that process would effectively seal up vision and prophecy that future people couldn't mess with it.

God was in charge of all that happened to His Son while he was here. Did you not read that Jesus told Pilate, "Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?"

If someone else was supposed to put Jesus to death, would God have failed at that? God raised His people to do His bidding and, despite God's near constant complaint of their stiff-necked will, He accomplished all that He intended to accomplish that some of mankind could be saved to enjoy eternity with Him, just as the angels do. God killed Jesus for your benefit and He had his own people do His bidding in that.

God bless,
Ted

If someone else was supposed to put Jesus to death, would God have failed at that? God raised His people to do His bidding

>>>Well, if God the one who made them kill Jesus, do you think He will punish them or reward them for doing what He intend to them to do? You sound like they did what is right in Gods eyes!!

Just a reminder that this is not a debate forum.
Someone few months ago made the post regarding Rabbi Singer, so I discuss or offer his opinion as I listen to him more often. I don't believe it was a debate.
So, can you explain to me how can I express my opinion without breaking the forums rule?

>>>Well, if God the one who made them kill Jesus, do you think He will punish them or reward them for doing what He intend to them to do? You sound like they did what is right in Gods eyes!!
If it was God's purpose that they kill His Son to provide salvation to the whole world, I imagine He will at least overlook it. I mean, come on, all through the old covenant we're told that the Messiah would have to die. Daniel told us that he would be cut off. David wrote a psalm that details pretty much everything that happened to him on the day that he was crucified. You don't think and believe that God's hand was directing that work and it was going along just as it was always intended to go? Do you really believe that God left the salvation of the world up to whether somebody???? would decide to kill Jesus or not? I contend that God raised up a people to do His bidding, and that based on both Daniel's words and David's words, it was at the very least always known by God that His Son was going to die on the earth. I mean He at least had to know that, ...right? I dontend that He not only knew exactly what was going to happen when His Son came to the earth and that He pretty much directed it, because it was, according to the Scriptures, the only way that God was going to make right the sin of men and it is God's purpose to walk away from this, when He has called all to judgment, with a remnant of people who love Him and have trusted in the sacrifice of His Son that they might have eternal life.

If Jesus didn't die, none of us would ever have peace with God!!! You do get that right? I contend that God worked it all out just exactly how He had intended it to all work out from the beginning, and He raised up His people to do what had to be done that some might be able to be saved.

Why would God punish His people for helping Him to carry out His great plan of salvation for us?

God bless,
Ted

Just a reminder that this is not a debate forum.
You'll have to refresh my memory on what that actually means. Are we not aloud to carry on a dialogue with someone on these threads? Discuss different ideas and understandings?

I mean, I don't intend to sit down with study notes and a clock timer and do a debate, but does that mean we can't offer supporting evidence for something we might have said?

God bless,
Ted

Sacrifices were only used as "penalty" for "unintentional sins", something you did wrong, but you were not aware of.

So, your position is that a man could have sexual relations with as many women as he liked, married or unmarried, but so long as he knew what he was doing was wrong, he needn't offer a sacrifice? Ok. I'm good with that. Any man could steal billions of billions of dollars from someone and as long as he was aware that he was stealing the money, there's no need for any sin sacrifice. Is that about right? Anyone could kill whoever they wanted, and so long as they were up front about it and told everybody what a wicked thing they had done. Nope! No sacrifice needed.

Maybe that explains why the Jewish people do seem to do better financially than some others. They just steal what they need. Tell all their friends and neighbors that they knew that what they were doing was wrong. Bob's your uncle. Your free of any guilt for your sin. hmmmm. That's likely about how Hitler saw it. The Jews were getting off with robbing everyone blind because their God didn't count that as a sin...so long as they know they're doing wrong.

BTW, you might also be interested in reading what the consequences were for both keeping and not keeping the law.

God bless,
Ted

Someone few months ago made the post regarding Rabbi Singer, so I discuss or offer his opinion as I listen to him more often. I don't believe it was a debate.
So, can you explain to me how can I express my opinion without breaking the forums rule?

You'll have to refresh my memory on what that actually means. Are we not aloud to carry on a dialogue with someone on these threads? Discuss different ideas and understandings?

I mean, I don't intend to sit down with study notes and a clock timer and do a debate, but does that mean we can't offer supporting evidence for something we might have said?

God bless,
Ted

The purpose of this forum is to answer the question(s) in the opening post or any subsequent ones by the original poster. Any discussion between other members needs to be in a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Hi Free

Ok, so let me see if I have this straight. What's in question here is not any of my responses to Tempo, but rather my response to loveendures? I can respond to any questions brought up by Tempo. Ok. Got it! I'm sorry, but when you sent that message you didn't say 'what' posts were in question and your response got put in the thread after a dialogue between Tempo and myself and I thought that was the problem. Thanks for clearing it up.

God bless,
Ted

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back