Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Judaism and Christianity

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
How do Christians respond to Rabbi Singer‘s challenge to Christianity? Rabbi Singer is well read and knowledge and has had numerous debates with Christians. Many of them agree with his stand. His website is Jews for Judaism.
Thanks

Managed to copy the link:-

Well, my challenge to him is what makes it so the old covenant of law is somehow man's answer to his separation from God because of his sin. Christianity has the answer.

Acts 13:38-39
38Therefore let it be known to you, brothers, that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. 39Through Him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses.

Only a blind, deceived person would think the law somehow justifies a man, making him righteous in God's sight. Those of us who can see know it does the exact opposite and shows us that we are utterly unrighteous in his sight and helpless to do anything about it. Praise God for the Good News of Jesus Christ and the forgiveness of sin the law can not provide!

• Atonement in Judaism - the process of causing a transgression to be forgiven or pardoned. In Rabbinic Judaism, people achieve atonement through repentance, sometimes followed by some combination of confession, restitution, tribulations (unpleasant life experiences), the experience of dying, or other factors.
    • Another aspect of atonement is the occurrence of Yom Kippur (the day itself, as distinct from the Temple service performed on it), also known as "the Day of Atonement", which is a biblical/Jewish observance.
  • Atonement in Christianity, in western Christian theology, describes beliefs that human beings can be reconciled to God through Christ's sacrificial suffering and death.[6] Atonement refers to the forgiving or pardoning of sin in general and original sin in particular through the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus,[7][8] Throughout the centuries, Christians have used different metaphors and given differing explanations of atonement to express how atonement might work. Churches and denominations may vary in which metaphor or explanation they consider most accurately fits into their theological perspective; however all Christians emphasize that Jesus is the Saviour of the world and through his death the sins of humanity have been forgiven,[9] enabling the reconciliation between God and his creation. Within Christianity there are, historically, three[10] or four[11] main theories for how such atonement might work:

How do Christians respond to Rabbi Singer‘s challenge to Christianity? Rabbi Singer is well read and knowledge and has had numerous debates with Christians. Many of them agree with his stand. His website is Jews for Judaism.
Thanks
One belief held by Jews for Judaism is that Jesus didn't fulfill messianic prophecies such as destroying the enemies of Gods' people, bringing them into their own land and bringing peace to all mankind.
Misconceptions like this are easily corrected by understanding that only believers are Gods' chosen people, regardless of race and that death is the enemy Messiah would destroy.

Never heard of him but if he’s a Rabbi, he should be respected.

I used to live on Mercer Island, the largest Jewish community in Washington state. Working in a grocery store, I was able to get to know many, many people, including some of the Rabbis who lived and taught there. There were all absolutely amazing people. I was in awe of them then, and I'd be in even greater awe today.

Thanks
Can you be specific please? Otherwise, there are already pretty good responses. In a nutshell, there is sufficient evidence that Jesus was the Messiah but not enough to render acknowledgment of this as embracing a fact. It still requires faith. The alternative is faith in one’s own, dare I say it, prejudice.

Last edited:
I used to live on Mercer Island, the largest Jewish community in Washington state. Working in a grocery store, I was able to get to know many, many people, including some of the Rabbis who lived and taught there. There were all absolutely amazing people. I was in awe of them then, and I'd be in even greater awe today.
First, a big hello from a former Washatonian! I’m originally from Spokane but since moved to Michigan.

From a Christian perspective, I’ve done a fair share of Jewish studies as well as minor dialog with Rabbis. When it comes to knowing the Bible, in particular what we call the Old Testament we can’t even get close to their level of knowledge and insight. But then again, they have it memorized in its entirety.

in particular what we call the Old Testament we can’t even get close to their level of knowledge and insight

100% - And it always amazes me when I hear people, particularly "said christians" who speak down about them. God placed Israel into a "deep sleep," and True Christians should never forget this, for they were led down a certain path in order that God would prove His Power to those unseen Rulers and Authorities in the Heavenly Realms.

We must have all patience with the Blessed Jews. And regardless of what they think of us, we need to Love them as God Loves them.

Romans 11:7-8 NLT - "So this is the situation: Most of the people of Israel have not found the favor of God they are looking for so earnestly. A few have--the ones God has chosen--but the hearts of the rest were hardened. As the Scriptures say, "God has put them into a deep sleep. To this day he has shut their eyes so they do not see, and closed their ears so they do not hear."

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back