Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Kundalini Warning To The Church Of Jesus Christ....True or False.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Please correct me if I am mistaken, but is not that video the entire foundation of this thread?
Come on
Willie, the video said this movement started with the Vineyard, and it did.
Because he didn't clarify that the Vineyard stepped away from this, you take offense.
Well, you could have told us this without being so upset over it.
Your attack on the video makes me think this goes deeper than that.

I don't think anyone here believes the video is about one particular denomination or church, it's what is happening now around the globe. Not to put words into anyone's mouth, but wasn't this thread started as an awareness of false teachers and ideas infiltrating into Christian circles? The more knowledge someone has the better prepared we are of fighting against that which is false. We can pray for discernment that we would know what is from God and what is not and do the same for family/friends.

My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Hosea 4:6

My question would be how do people read the Bible, but then go away from it and think this is really the work of the Holy Spirit?

Jesse,

The truth of the matter is that most of those who get caught up in false doctrine, false religions, and false cults DO NOT STUDY BIBLE TRUTH. It is not enough to "read the Bible". We are commanded to study it (2 Tim 2:15), and then "hold fast" to sound doctrine (2 Tim 1:13,14).

Are people not satisfied with the peace that goes beyond all understanding that He pours on us, that they must add their own confusion and chaos into it?
Only those who are genuinely saved can have the peace of God because they have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Rom 5:1). Who is to say how many are truly saved when they are still running after "experiences", "dreams", "visions" and "hallucinations"?

Does anyone hear believe these people are possessed? Or is it a spirit that is roaming around these people?
When people open themselves up to false religions and false philosophies, they also open themselves up to false gods, who are in fact demons, and are very real. Demonic possession is growing, and the Roman Catholic Church is increasing its "exorcists", not realizing that the Roman system itself has already been corrupted, and will have little power over demons.

Much deeper. My surprise and disappointment is directed, not so much at some fool hyping up a video, but rather on people I didn't previously see as so dogmatically focused on calling someone shaking, demonic. People in the Bible fell to the ground "as though dead", and threw themselves into the fire, went blind, became mute, and shrieked, and all sorts of things. Yet you guys call believers who feel God in much more minor ways, demonic?

Much deeper. My surprise and disappointment is directed, not so much at some fool hyping up a video, but rather on people I didn't previously see as so dogmatically focused on calling someone shaking, demonic. People in the Bible fell to the ground "as though dead", and threw themselves into the fire, went blind, and shrieked, and all sorts of things. Yet you guys call believers who feel God in much more minor ways, demonic?
I haven't watched the video but Im pentacostal and this site isn't the most pentacostal friendly.

I am non-denominational, but my church definitely has pentecostal leanings. I have never seen it get so out of hand as what I'm seeing in that video -- the moment I do is the moment I leave and never look back.

I have to admit to having to trust very much in God not to let myself get very disgusted with repulsive people trying to make this out to be anything other than God working in ways that have always shaken up the "Religious". Yes, as I have posted before, what started as pure and Godly was taken over by some pretty misguided people, but in my opinion it takes a fairly sick person to produce a video complete with spooky Hollywood Halloween background music and only some selected shots of a phenomenon which actually spanned years and say this was what it was all about. The Vineyard backed away from this movement when it became a stage show, totally disavowing the antics, and the man who produced that video knows this.

Those of you who have been to Vineyard churches know better, and that such nonsense doesn't go on. And again, in my opinion, the rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves for just jumping on the bandwagon.

Here is an interview with the originator of our denomination...... listen carefully to the final part, beginning at about 11:38.
First off, you need to tone it down and not call people names. Secondly, there is nothing sick about producing the video nor the other two that are in the series. Why do you say it "takes a fairly sick person to produce" such a video, but then make sure to say that with Vineyard churches, "such nonsense doesn't go on"? If it's "nonsense" then just what is your problem with the video? Thirdly, your video proves nothing. It's from 1995 whereas the Andrew Strom videos are from 2010. Anything could have happened within those 15 or the 4 years since. Can you seriously account for all that goes on in all of the Vineyard churches?

Is this the Randy Clark mentioned in the video: http://globalawakening.com/home/speakers/randy-clark ? If it is, and I believe so, then the video is quite likely correct.

Sorry Wille, but there is an old saying, throw a rock into a pack of dogs and the one you hit will yelp the loudest, so it seems you have a deeper problem, ...like has already been stated.

Now after saying that, in brotherly love can we discuss this without insults and name calling?

And what difference does it really make which church teaches and practices this, ...this, ...this, ....it's already been said, form of mass demonic hypnotism, ...can you look beyond your particular church fellowship and tell us if you think it's of/from the Holy Spirit or demonic?

If you think it's of/from the Holy Spirit then in the Berean spirit show us Scripture to validate it and if you think it's demonic, don't you agree we should make our fellow brothers and sisters aware of it's danger?

I believe that the core problem is that modern day Christians have made an idol out of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and seek to produce and manifest these manifestations more than they seek God.

Much deeper. My surprise and disappointment is directed, not so much at some fool hyping up a video, but rather on people I didn't previously see as so dogmatically focused on calling someone shaking, demonic. People in the Bible fell to the ground "as though dead", and threw themselves into the fire, went blind, became mute, and shrieked, and all sorts of things. Yet you guys call believers who feel God in much more minor ways, demonic?

Who threw themselves into a fire?

God does major things in people's lives and it's done usually with a purpose in mind, but I don't see much purpose in what is going on in the video. Or am I missing something?

Thanks.

im not saying that we don't go out there.some say, that being joyful is a blessing. I have a hard time with emotions for such thing if legit to occur, would indeed be a blessing. I don't do usually like to feel. I have learned to allow them but that is my natural state. to assume that laughter in the spirit is wrong then what exactly is joy when we see our sport team win? most pentacostals I know rejoice and run when they think about the Lord's blessing. seen it and done it a few times.

btw vineyard church is in my town. I know people that attend there. they aren't possessed. one of them that has went there as a visit is my sensei. another that I have known for years and I have served with is pentacostal while not perfect isn't demon possessed.

I had to stop this at five minutes. I went to a local church that was doing this prior to this and didn't even attend this stuff. I was raised in this stuff and not on the Toronto scale, we didn't shout and shriek.we did have some that shake but nothing that large.

I haven't watched the video, but I was involved in the Toronto Blessing when It first came to Iceland. Like so many other cases, it started out as a genuine move of God. But then men started trying to control it and things got out of control. People went to all kinds of extremes, and what we see today is far removed from what started a couple of decades ago. Instead of putting the whole movement down, we should go back to the beginning and see what it was that God was trying to tell us.

The TOG​

Sorry Wille, but there is an old saying, throw a rock into a pack of dogs and the one you hit will yelp the loudest, so it seems you have a deeper problem, ...like has already been stated.
Hmm...did you watch the Nicky Cruz testimony while David Wilkerson says this very saying? :)

I haven't watched the video, but I was involved in the Toronto Blessing when It first came to Iceland. Like so many other cases, it started out as a genuine move of God. But then men started trying to control it and things got out of control. People went to all kinds of extremes, and what we see today is far removed from what started a couple of decades ago. Instead of putting the whole movement down, we should go back to the beginning and see what it was that God was trying to tell us.

The TOG​
yeah what he said.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back