Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Kundalini Warning To The Church Of Jesus Christ....True or False.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
im not saying that we don't go out there.some say, that being joyful is a blessing. I have a hard time with emotions for such thing if legit to occur, would indeed be a blessing. I don't do usually like to feel. I have learned to allow them but that is my natural state. to assume that laughter in the spirit is wrong then what exactly is joy when we see our sport team win? most pentacostals I know rejoice and run when they think about the Lord's blessing. seen it and done it a few times.

btw vineyard church is in my town. I know people that attend there. they aren't possessed. one of them that has went there as a visit is my sensei. another that I have known for years and I have served with is pentacostal while not perfect isn't demon possessed.

I had to stop this at five minutes. I went to a local church that was doing this prior to this and didn't even attend this stuff. I was raised in this stuff and not on the Toronto scale, we didn't shout and shriek.we did have some that shake but nothing that large.
I did finish the video, since I haven't seen that here, and I have been a few pentacostal churches and I attend one. im not gonna to say its here, unless one church does this stuff.

This thread is about a Kundalini warning, not an attack on Pentecostals. Far eastern religions began their exodus into the United States back in the 60's, primarily from England..The Beatles brought the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi into our living rooms and none of us at the time thought much about it because it was wow man this dude is cool, kinda weird but gee the Beatles wouldn't feed us anything harmful would they?? You've seen the similarities in the video, I'm thinking this is what Chopper was addressing..

tob

This thread is about a Kundalini warning, not an attack on Pentecostals. Far eastern religions began their exodus into the United States back in the 60's, primarily from England..The Beatles brought the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi into our living rooms and none of us at the time thought much about it because it was wow man this dude is cool, kinda weird but gee the Beatles wouldn't feed us anything harmful would they?? You've seen the similarities in the video, I'm thinking this is what Chopper was addressing..

tob
you find a lot more that is common to this, but the video presumes that all that do that are that way. I have shaken but nothing like that. does that mean at present im possessed? the video implies from the start that this was the case. laying of hands and falling out. I have done been there.
the bible does mentioning laying of hands but it doesn't mention falling out.

so in a way since most pentacostals that are into that and allow it are being attacked.

Who threw themselves into a fire?

God does major things in people's lives and it's done usually with a purpose in mind, but I don't see much purpose in what is going on in the video. Or am I missing something?

Thanks.
I believe it's Mark 9. Demons trying to destroy the son of the father who said "I believe, help my unbelief".

I guess part of what irritates me so much is the blindness toward what internal turmoil may be in the lives of people experiencing God's power in this way. Most of the people who sound like a lot of what I am hearing in this thread seem to think that these people are just seeking out a big party to show off how much they can act weird. However, unlike many people who will never go through any of this, a lot of these people come to our more accepting churches precisely BECAUSE they have a lot of spiritual baggage, and more repressed churches almost come right out and tell them to just get over it... to "start acting more like a Christian, and you will just snap out of it."

With the exception of a few theatrical people that will always come out of the woodwork, these people are not putting on a show, or trying to get their kicks out of jumping around. God is tapping them. Yes, most certainly, they don't have to do ANY of that stuff. Just as I did for years, and just as many people here do today, they can firmly grip their emotions, and feel almost nothing. But that is not their reason for seeking out God. They believe that when they say, "I surrender all.", that is what they are doing. "Mold me and make me", isn't just a song they sing, but a true desire they have for their lives... starting at that very minute.

You said you see no purpose. Well, maybe it's not for you to study, but for them to experience. None of us will ever see any of this unless we go in search of it. And there seem to be only two major reasons to search it out. One, is because you need and want God. Do I have to say the other? I think it is shown every time someone puts a video like that one to "woooo wooo" scary music, and waits all night to film whatever they can.

I believe it's Mark 9. Demons trying to destroy the son of the father who said "I believe, help my unbelief".

I guess part of what irritates me so much is the blindness toward what internal turmoil may be in the lives of people experiencing God's power in this way. Most of the people who sound like a lot of what I am hearing in this thread seem to think that these people are just seeking out a big party to show off how much they can act weird. However, unlike many people who will never go through any of this, a lot of these people come to our more accepting churches precisely BECAUSE they have a lot of spiritual baggage, and more repressed churches almost come right out and tell them to just get over it... to "start acting more like a Christian, and you will just snap out of it."

With the exception of a few theatrical people that will always come out of the woodwork, these people are not putting on a show, or trying to get their kicks out of jumping around. God is tapping them. Yes, most certainly, they don't have to do ANY of that stuff. Just as I did for years, and just as many people here do today, they can firmly grip their emotions, and feel almost nothing. But that is not their reason for seeking out God. They believe that when they say, "I surrender all.", that is what they are doing. "Mold me and make me", isn't just a song they sing, but a true desire they have for their lives... starting at that very minute.

You said you see no purpose. Well, maybe it's not for you to study, but for them to experience. None of us will ever see any of this unless we go in search of it. And there seem to be only two major reasons to search it out. One, is because you need and want God. Do I have to say the other? I think it is shown every time someone puts a video like that one to "woooo wooo" scary music, and waits all night to film whatever they can.
the purpose? joy if its holy and pure.

Nope, sure haven't, a friend turned me on to this video, I don't spend much time in You Tube.

Gotta link?
I believe there are just 4 parts. David Wilkerson makes that statement in part 3, I think. It's an interesting and very moving testimony. Well worth watching, I think.

Hey, when I do the word search "demonic" on this thread, there's only two of us who called the video demonic: Gary and myself. As a matter of fact, I'm the biggest "blasphemer" by adding "mass hypnosis" to it yet. The others either just agreed, or mentioned about other demonic possession occurring today --- not a direct reference to the video.

So I guess if there's anything to be said against those who called it demonic, they should address their grievances to me, the one with the biggest guilt on this issue. But I had first hand experience with this mass suggestibility at our church from a guest speaker. I was superintendent of the Sunday classes in those days (before I switched over to the Sabbath) and this proud asteroid was up there preaching all during church time and spilled over into Sunday School time. I just got angry and walked out. You should have seen the basement (almost symbolic of the inner being of a person) all in an uproar those kids did not know where their parents were. How could I explain to those kids and address the mass hysteria in the basement that their parents were upstairs falling down all over the place from some mass hypnotist? People falling over, one guy threw away his crutches and started walking again, (so my wife said because I was not there), but I knew it was evil "having the form of godliness" while the basement adequately displayed the Spirit of Confusion, panic and fear.

This was the most ridiculous event I ever saw in my life. The following week I put a sign up at my class (I also taught the adult class) that this was a learning place --- no side shows here! This is the type of Christianity which I felt uncomfortable with even back then many years ago, and today I proudly divorced myself of such nonsense.

Yep, been there, ...my wife and I taught Children's Church and when the hypnotism started the children became very agitated, throwing things, hitting one another, screaming, running around, and, ...there is the same shift in the time-space continuum as when I was coming on to LSD way back when as a teenager!

Same old lie packaged in different forms, but now being called of God.

Karl
You're welcome.
Nicky Cruz, was raised by witches in Puerto Rico. David Wilkerson, who was the son and grandson of Pentecostal ministers, spoke out about the things that were going on at some of these meetings. I wonder what Nicky Cruz would say?

Hey, when I do the word search "demonic" on this thread, there's only two of us who called the video demonic: Gary and myself. As a matter of fact, I'm the biggest "blasphemer" by adding "mass hypnosis" to it yet. The others either just agreed, or mentioned about other demonic possession occurring today --- not a direct reference to the video.

So I guess if there's anything to be said against those who called it demonic, they should address their grievances to me, the one with the biggest guilt on this issue. But I had first hand experience with this mass suggestibility at our church from a guest speaker. I was superintendent of the Sunday classes in those days (before I switched over to the Sabbath) and this proud asteroid was up there preaching all during church time and spilled over into Sunday School time. I just got angry and walked out. You should have seen the basement (almost symbolic of the inner being of a person) all in an uproar those kids did not know where their parents were. How could I explain to those kids and address the mass hysteria in the basement that their parents were upstairs falling down all over the place from some mass hypnotist? People falling over, one guy threw away his crutches and started walking again, (so my wife said because I was not there), but I knew it was evil "having the form of godliness" while the basement adequately displayed the Spirit of Confusion, panic and fear.

This was the most ridiculous event I ever saw in my life. The following week I put a sign up at my class (I also taught the adult class) that this was a learning place --- no side shows here! This is the type of Christianity which I felt uncomfortable with even back then many years ago, and today I proudly divorced myself of such nonsense.
Trust me, I would have named names directly, but the mods here have clearly told us we cannot do that.

The OP did say people will have different reactions to the video and I guess he was correct.

I don't think people believe the people in the video are "showing off", far from it.

People will disagree, but I believe the gifts are for today, but it's too easy for people to abuse and copy them, so the measure I would use is watching for Fruit. It's very difficult to know if the people in the video have any Fruit or not because it's all about something that is foreign to what the Bible tells me to measure a person's spiritual maturity by - which would be their Fruit.
If I was in a church and this began to happen, I would probably leave - no offense to people who do this in their churches - but it's not something I would be comfortable with - I'm speaking of the video.

God manifests His power in many ways and mostly what I have seen is instantaneously healings, I have seen God break laws of nature in order to divert disasters and I know the power He has manifested in my own life. Due to none of these involving what happened in the video, but that I know His power was real, I am thankful for what I have seen Him do up to this point.

I still do not see the purpose in all of the rolling around, convulsing, etc. I believe Jason said something about joy, yet I experience his joy without all that, I experience his peace without it. I guess what I'm wondering is, why would a person need it?

The OP did say people will have different reactions to the video and I guess he was correct.

I don't think people believe the people in the video are "showing off", far from it.

People will disagree, but I believe the gifts are for today, but it's too easy for people to abuse and copy them, so the measure I would use is watching for Fruit. It's very difficult to know if the people in the video have any Fruit or not because it's all about something that is foreign to what the Bible tells me to measure a person's spiritual maturity by - which would be their Fruit.

God manifests His power in many ways and mostly what I have seen is instantaneously healings, I have seen God break laws of nature in order to divert disasters and I know the power He has manifested in my own life. Due to none of these involving what happened in the video, but that I know His power was real, I am thankful for what I have seen Him do up to this point.

I still do not see the purpose in all of the rolling around, convulsing, etc. I believe Jason said something about joy, yet I experience his joy without all that, I experience his peace without it. I guess what I'm wondering is, why would a person need it?
i usually don't post this but sometimes god does that. he must be experienced .

Can you clarify what you mean?

Thanks.
if all we did is intellectualize and debate and also never had any healing and deliverance what type of faith would we have? a dead one.im not saying that the Toronto blessing is good but sometimes when the HOLY SPIRIT falls we will have some joyous reaction. im no talking raising hands and clapping. what is wrong with shouting and so forth. we do it for sports. im neither for animal shouting etc. but i have been laid out and it wasn't demonic. i asked for prayer. and i remember being laid upon and it happened.
[

You are so right my friend! Being a Baptist myself, many, especially the American Baptist Fellowship, has gone apostate. I think there are some down South that have held on to basic theology but most are just GONE! The Baptist Bible Fellowship has for the most part stayed what I call "fundamental".
i was baptized in a Texas Missionary Baptist Assc. Church and was an official officer there dealing with county and satate business until the LORD called me into the Texas division of the southern Baptists. A young man that, foolishly, considered me some kind of hero example to follow to the point that he joined the Army, learned to play guitar to get on stage and like myself, loved 40 year old Wild Turkey was an American Baptist but about the time the Chrismatic movement hit his church, his wife left and returned to the bars and he, heart broken and losing his faith, disappeared and is still lost.

One of the Missionary Baptist Assemblies in Houston, Harris County fell into that garbage and the last I heard the Association is working anew to build a new congregation there, sad.

if all we did is intellectualize and debate and also never had any healing and deliverance what type of faith would we have? a dead one.im not saying that the Toronto blessing is good but sometimes when the HOLY SPIRIT falls we will have some joyous reaction. im no talking raising hands and clapping. what is wrong with shouting and so forth. we do it for sports. im neither for animal shouting etc. but i have been laid out and it wasn't demonic. i asked for prayer. and i remember being laid upon and it happened.
[
A few points I tried pointing out was that God heals and delivers without the convulsions, rolling around, I've seen videos where people were on all 4's barking like dogs (in a church service).

If God already provides and manifests His power in these ways (healings, deliverances, etc) what is the purpose of all the other things (convulsions, rolling around, etc.)? It's a serious question.

I agree with you about the Holy Spirit, it is the joy I'm speaking of. I don't have a problem with shouting and dancing either. I'm talking about the video and what seemed to me chaotic.

There is a difference between shouting and dancing for the Lord, David did it and he was almost naked. lol

Does your church look like what went on in the video?

A few points I tried pointing out was that God heals and delivers without the convulsions, rolling around, I've seen videos where people were on all 4's barking like dogs (in a church service).

I agree with you about the Holy Spirit, it is the joy I'm speaking of. I don't have a problem with shouting and dancing either. I'm talking about the video and what seemed to me chaotic.

There is a difference between shouting and dancing for the Lord, David did it and he was almost naked. lol

Does your church look like what went on in the video?
no, and when I went to that one that I was laid out they didn't do that.i also said that the Toronto bless goes to far.

I have to admit to having to trust very much in God not to let myself get very disgusted with repulsive people trying to make this out to be anything other than God working in ways that have always shaken up the "Religious". Yes, as I have posted before, what started as pure and Godly was taken over by some pretty misguided people, but in my opinion it takes a fairly sick person to produce a video complete with spooky Hollywood Halloween background music and only some selected shots of a phenomenon which actually spanned years and say this was what it was all about. The Vineyard backed away from this movement when it became a stage show, totally disavowing the antics, and the man who produced that video knows this.

Those of you who have been to Vineyard churches know better, and that such nonsense doesn't go on. And again, in my opinion, the rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves for just jumping on the bandwagon.

Here is an interview with the originator of our denomination...... listen carefully to the final part, beginning at about 11:38.
Willie,
there has been much I have agreed with you on but shame on you, I am part of "the rest of you" and have said naught about the Vineyard Movement. Just for good measure, again, shame on you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back