Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Legalism

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The devils do not believe,( in Jesus Christ/God) it is testified they believe there is ONE GOD.
It is written..."Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." (James 2:19)
That is why they who believe there is one God without works have a dead faith. ( no faith/belief, in Jesus Christ)
James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Believing is only one step towards salvation.
It isn't the last step.

The water from the belly of Christ is Heavenly, and is the water unlike of this world that we do not thirst again.
Isn't the Spirit of God "heavenly"?
You are stuck in legalism and cant accept faith when it is shown to you.
No, I have no faith that circumcision, tithing, feast keeping, or dietary rules will garner salvation.
Isaiah 49:10 They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.
John 4:13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
John 7: 37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
Water is, as you kindly point out, frequently used to depict the Holy Spirit of God..
But normal, wet, water, is also scriptural and necessary for baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins. (Acts 8:36-38)
If it is done after a true repentance from sin, you will receive your Spiritual baptism, called the gift of the Holy Ghost in Acts 2:38.

Last edited:
Immersion in water of earth is just that, it is earthly planting.
It certainly can be.
Perhaps that is why God used the metaphor of "planting" for our immersion into Christ and into His death and burial in Rom 6:3-7?
( the seed for them is of the devil so they cannot grow in the Lord and are earthly, devilish)
Who is "them"?
Planting of Heaven, is when the seed is from Heaven( the Word of God) and when the water is of Heaven( from the belly of Christ) and when the sun which we grow by is the Son of God, and the good ground is not of this earth, it also is in a good heart which is the new covenant of the Lord taking the old( covenant) away of stone/stony heart, and giving us an heart of flesh by the Spirit of the Lord( the good conscience of the Lord Jesus Christ rising from the dead min our heart.)
You mix your metaphors well, in this case.
But you try too often to use metaphors when plain English would be quicker to the point.

All receive the Spirit through belief in the rising of Jesus Christ.
If they are indeed "in" the risen Christ after their repentance from sin they are promised the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38)
You think you cant resist against the Holy Ghost, 9 truth of the Spirit) but you cant.
Would you rephrase that?
John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Galatians 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Again, mixing your metaphors.
John 5 deals with the resurrection of the dead.
Gal 3 deals with the rewards of faith juxtaposed to the lack of rewards by the works of the Law of Moses.

I was reading a teaching letter from a Derek Prince. Many may know him as a long time preacher, teacher, etc. he was a charismatic in that he believed the HS still worked through man to produce the miraculous. He even believed that God talked to him directly. But this is a quote from him.

the greatest single hindrance to the purposes of God in the church is legalism.
I’ll give you a definition of legalism. Legalism is trying to obtain God’s favor by what we do, trying to attain salvation by doing something to earn it. Another definition is thinking that we are earning God’s favor, earning salvation by what we do. I find the majority of professing Christians around the world today are caught in that trap, the snare of legalism
.”

Is this true? That being accepted by God has NOTHING to do with “what we do”? This is what people who teach “legalism” (which is a term that is not in the Bible) want you to believe.
But what does the Bible say???
Ac 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
Who is God going to accept? Those that “work righteousness”. Sounds like this takes a lot of effort and “doing” on the converts part.

Jn 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
Labor? Isn’t that work? So we are to WORK for that that leads to everlasting life? I didn’t think we could “do” anything to achieve everlasting life?

Mt 7:21,24,26 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Who will enter the kingdom? Those that DO!

Look at how Paul closed out his life......
2 Tim 4:6-8 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
This sounds like a man who was proud of the life he lived for the Lord.
He “fought”. Do you know how much effort that takes?
He “kept the faith”. The faith here is referring to the system of faith, the gospel that was taught and that he was obedient to. He had to work in order to do this.
He “finished”. This was work to the end. He remained faithful and obedient to the Lord all the way to the end.
He expected. He expected a crown because of his actions. This crown is promised to all who endure through obedience.
What he didn’t say was...
I am about to depart and I did nothing but I give all glory and all my salvation to the Lord and the Lord alone. Thank God I wasn’t one of those legalist!
The point that I want to make is that when ANYBODY brings up the term “legalism”, be very afraid of what this person is about to teach. They most likely have no idea of what they are talking about.

There are two spirits, one is of fear of man, and the other is fear of the Lord.

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Isaiah 11:2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

One is the spirit of righteousness, one is of unrighteousness.

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Ephesians 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Blessed are they who thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Everyone that thirsts is to come to the waters ( out of the belly of Christ) it is without price( He paid the price in His own blood)

Why do we labour for what satisfies not ? ( as we die for that meat/bread as the Hebrews did in the wilderness.)

If we hearken dilligently to Christ, then we eat that which is good( His flesh so we do not die, as He is the living bread) and our soul is delighted in fatness( fed in a good pasture in Jesus Christ) we incline our ear for the Lord to make the everlasting covenant with us, the sure mercies of David.

Ezekiel 34:14 I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.

Isaiah 55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

We do not seek what causes us to thirst again( and die) we seek the water that Christ gives, so we never thirst, as it is a well of water springing up in us to everlasting life.

We do not labour( believe) unto the meat that perishes, ( or seek water that causes us to thirst again/belief in this world) but we seek what the meat that the Son of man gives which endures to everlasting life. ( He that believes on Jesus has everlasting life, as He is that bread of life, that a m an eats and does not die, as He is the living bread.)

John 4:13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
48 I am that bread of life.
49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

We ( those who mourn) are labourers together with God, we are His building, His husbandry, His planting of the Lord, to be called trees of righteousness, that the Lord may be glorified..

Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

The good tree cant give evil, nor can the evil tree ( not the planting of the Lord of righteousness, to glorify Him) give good, they say Lord Lord to Jesus, but are workers of iniquity=evil/sin, as they never believed in Jesus Christ.

But we know what commandments we were given of the Lord Jesus, that the will of God is our sanctification( not to be workers of iniquity=ungodliness=unrighteousness=sin) to possess our body in honour, not in lust as the Gentiles who know not God, that we do not defraud anyone in any matter, as God has called us NOT UNTO UNCLEANNESS, BUT UNTO HOLINESS, as He gave unto us His Holy Spirit, then we can keep the faith, keep holiness through the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

1 Thessalonians 4:2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

Again, mixing your metaphors.
John 5 deals with the resurrection of the dead.
Gal 3 deals with the rewards of faith juxtaposed to the lack of rewards by the works of the Law of Moses.

To hear the word of Jesus and believe on Him, is to not come into condemnation.

We were dead (in trespasses and sins.) Now we are quickened together with Christ( risen with Him) as that is the hour that came for the dead to hear the voice of the Son of God and live.

Now there is no more condemnation, to those who walk after that Spirit of Christ( we heard His voice through the Spirit given to us after Jesus died and rose again/glorified)

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Galatians 3, is the exact same as seen in Acts 10, and Romans 10, how the hearing of faith, comes by the Word of God, and the preaching of the Word of faith, shows the people receive the Spirit, and their harts purified through faith, as Acts 15, again testifies of the same matter.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Acts 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

To hear the word of Jesus and believe on Him, is to not come into condemnation.
Amen to that !
We were dead (in trespasses and sins.) Now we are quickened together with Christ( risen with Him) as that is the hour that came for the dead to hear the voice of the Son of God and live.
Thank God for the gift of water baptism where that quickening happens.
It is written..."Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:" (Rom 6:4-5)
Now there is no more condemnation, to those who walk after that Spirit of Christ( we heard His voice through the Spirit given to us after Jesus died and rose again/glorified)
Yep, accomplished by walking in the Spirit instead of in the flesh.
John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Those still walking in the flesh instead of in the Spirit are not believers.

Derek Prince in this same legalism teaching letter quotes from Gal 1:6 and then says this....
What was the problem that made him so upset; as we would say in modern English, hot under the collar? Legalism. That’s so contrary to our contemporary view of religion, that Paul was much more distressed by legalism than he was by the obvious sins of the flesh.”

I want anybody. Anybody to read the entire first chapter of Galatians and show me where Paul is upset that these people are trying to be accepted by God through obedience to a set of laws. That Paul just can’t believe that they would want to “do” anything in order to be accepted and pleasing to Him?
He’s upset that they are beginning to teach and to practice “another gospel”. He’s actually mad that they are being obedient (doing something) to another gospel. A “perverted gospel”.
One that he had not taught. There is NOTHING about “legalism” in any of this. This is why I say, be very afraid when people bring up this term. They are most likely teaching a false doctrine or as Paul would say.....teaching “another gospel”.

Derek Prince in this same legalism teaching letter quotes from Gal 1:6 and then says this....
What was the problem that made him so upset; as we would say in modern English, hot under the collar? Legalism. That’s so contrary to our contemporary view of religion, that Paul was much more distressed by legalism than he was by the obvious sins of the flesh.”

I want anybody. Anybody to read the entire first chapter of Galatians and show me where Paul is upset that these people are trying to be accepted by God through obedience to a set of laws.
OK...Gal 1:6-9..."I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
That Paul just can’t believe that they would want to “do” anything in order to be accepted and pleasing to Him?
What they were told to "do" by visitors, was get circumcised.
Circumcision is what Paul wrote against.
Gal 5:2-4 illustrate this..."Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace."
He’s upset that they are beginning to teach and to practice “another gospel”. He’s actually mad that they are being obedient (doing something) to another gospel. A “perverted gospel”.
One that he had not taught. There is NOTHING about “legalism” in any of this. This is why I say, be very afraid when people bring up this term. They are most likely teaching a false doctrine or as Paul would say.....teaching “another gospel”.
Judaizers were trying to reintroduce the traditions and doctrines of men; the Mosaic Law.
I would say this is "legalism" defined.

Amen to that !

Thank God for the gift of water baptism where that quickening happens.
It is written..."Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:" (Rom 6:4-5)
Rather, thank God for the gift of living water, that came out of the belly of Christ, where that quickening happens ( through the faith of Christ, now in us to believe in Him and His gift.)

John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

I want anybody. Anybody to read the entire first chapter of Galatians and show me where Paul is upset that these people are trying to be accepted by God through obedience to a set of laws. That Paul just can’t believe that they would want to “do” anything in order to be accepted and pleasing to Him?
Yes, and now everybody is still upset, and the difference this time is, they are not upset with themselves, as all are lovers of their own selves

2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

OK...Gal 1:6-9..."I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

What they were told to "do" by visitors, was get circumcised.
Circumcision is what Paul wrote against.
Gal 5:2-4 illustrate this..."Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace."

Judaizers were trying to reintroduce the traditions and doctrines of men; the Mosaic Law.
I would say this is "legalism" defined.
I would agree with that. Circumcision and binding the “Jews religion” was a problem in the early church. Trying to bind any law today that God has not bound is just false doctrine. If their is “legalism”, then I agree that binding something God has not bound would be it.
The ironic thing today is many of the churches that talk about....obedience to baptism, for example, as being legalistic are the same ones that bind “tithing” in their churches. God DID NOT give the church a tithing law but he did give the church...baptism for remission of sins as a law under the new covenant. They will bind something that God did not bind and then label something, that God did bind, as “legalism”.
How crazy.

Baptism is faith, and the purifying of the heart, and the faith only comes from Jesus Christ, as it is the faith of Christ.

People give mans wisdom and it is not of faith, because the sun of the value of their words, follows their deeds, they only live their life and breath for themselves as told for the end now( pretending they discuss lagalism while speaking it in their purposes with their FORM OF GODLINESS)..

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Rather, thank God for the gift of living water, that came out of the belly of Christ, where that quickening happens ( through the faith of Christ, now in us to believe in Him and His gift.)
That promise of the gift of the Holy Ghost occurs after repentance and water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.
Just as Peter said it would in Acts 2:38..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
I thank God again for the gift of the Holy Ghost !
Thank you for the exhortations.

I would agree with that. Circumcision and binding the “Jews religion” was a problem in the early church.
The problem was knowing how to defeat the purveyors of such doctrines.
Trying to bind any law today that God has not bound is just false doctrine. If their is “legalism”, then I agree that binding something God has not bound would be it.
As Paul never mentioned the word "legalism" it is up to us to know that he is referring only to the things of the Mosaic Law when he wrote against circumcision or dietary rules TO BE SAVED.
Just as tithing, feast keeping, or temple worship has no bearing on salvation.
The ironic thing today is many of the churches that talk about....obedience to baptism, for example, as being legalistic are the same ones that bind “tithing” in their churches. God DID NOT give the church a tithing law but he did give the church...baptism for remission of sins as a law under the new covenant. They will bind something that God did not bind and then label something, that God did bind, as “legalism”.
How crazy.
I would never call baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins a Law, but I would say that without it you will not be saved.
Getting in a life boat, on a sinking ship, isn't a law, but it is sensible.

I would never call baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins a Law, but I would say that without it you will not be saved.
I can see why one would not see it as a law because the world is already lost before they are ever obedient to this command. But people are still required to be obedient to it in order to be saved. No obedience! No salvation! That’s about the same as law.

Last edited:
It’s funny that you mentioned a life boat. Sounds a lot like Noah. Noah was given a set of directions in order to prepare for a coming flood. I call it a law given him by God because it was a MUST for him to be obedient to it or he would perish. If he would have only obeyed a part of the commands God gave him he would have been lost. Adam and Eve were given a command to obey. It was either obey it or die. This is my understanding of law. Do it, be obedient, or pay the consequences.

I can see why one would not see it as a law because the world is already lost before they are ever obedient to this command. But people are still required to be obedient to it in order to be saved. No obedience! No salvation! That’s about the same as law.
I agree.
I guess those who dreamed up the "legalism" fraud have had an impact on me.
Oh well, as long as I am legal and not illegal I will be just fine.

It’s funny that you mentioned a life boat. Sounds a lot like Noah. Noah was given a set of directions in order to prepare for a coming flood. I call it a law given him by God because it was a MUST for him to be obedient to it or he would perish. If he would have only obeyed a part of the commands God gave him he would have been lost. Adam and Eve were given a command to obey. It was either obey it or die. This is my understanding of law. Do it, be obedient, or pay the consequences.
Yep.
If there are no consequences for disobedience, it isn't a command or a law.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back