Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Lets have a little trivia game

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A Colt 45 :biggrin2

I'll accept that, close enough. Doc Holliday carried two Colt 45's, one was the full sized SAA (Peacemaker), and the other one was the "quickdraw" model with the shortened 4.7" barrel which is the one he nailed Johnny Ringo with.

What firearm brought about the demise of Vincent Vega in the flick, Pulp Fiction?

...She's hiding behind that blue couch over there. See if you can work your way up around the side of her and flank her...

:lol :poke

:hysterical I'm just funning with you. I love gun trivia, it's what I know best. Grew up with 'em, kept me out of trouble when I was married. Tinkering around in the gun room instead of hanging out at the bar with my buddies, lol.

I'll take shot at a different kind of question. Prolly wont know the answer though, lol.

...She's hiding behind that blue couch over there. See if you can work your way up around the side of her and flank her...

:lol :poke

Peeking up from behind the pig-shaped couch, TOG says: "Hey! Edward! You leave us peace-loving anti-gun types alone!"

033-1.jpg

The TOG​

She's got backup, pull back, pull back!! :helmet

Ok, back on topic. Trivia. How far did Edward pull back before he quit running? :lol

(nice Pig!)

I'll accept that, close enough. Doc Holliday carried two Colt 45's, one was the full sized SAA (Peacemaker), and the other one was the "quickdraw" model with the shortened 4.7" barrel which is the one he nailed Johnny Ringo with.

What firearm brought about the demise of Vincent Vega in the flick, Pulp Fiction?
OH MY!!! You've got to be kidding.I was guessing. :dancing

Next trivial questions...

1. How long did the Hundred Years War last?
  2. What was the first American TV show to regularly show passionate love (although not sex) between a husband and wife.
  3. What is the origin of the word "trivia"
The TOG​

Peeking up from behind the pig-shaped couch, TOG says: "Hey! Edward! You leave us peace-loving anti-gun types alone!"

033-1.jpg

The TOG​

I'm not anti-gun and hubby has a few. That is a huge piggy. Is that you in the pic?

I'm not anti-gun and hubby has a few. That is a huge piggy. Is that you in the pic?

This little piggy went to market...

That's not me. I've never shot anything in my life. That's just a picture I found on the Internet. I'm not anti-gun, per se, although I do believe that guns should be registered and that people should have to take a test and get a license, like they do before they're allowed to drive a car. I was just joking about being anti-gun at the same time I was claiming to have this huge crossbow, which is no less deadly.

The TOG​

Next trivial questions...

1. How long did the Hundred Years War last?
  2. What was the first American TV show to regularly show passionate love (although not sex) between a husband and wife.
  3. What is the origin of the word "trivia"
The TOG​

116 years, between 1337 and 1453
Mary Kay and Johnny was on Tuesday, 18 November 1947
Trivia" derives from trivium, a Latin word meaning three roads or, colloquially, crossroads.

116 years, between 1337 and 1453

Correct

Mary Kay and Johnny was on Tuesday, 18 November 1947

I had never heard of that show before, so I looked it up. It was the first show that showed a married couple share a bed. I don't know how regularly that was shown, but I do know that in the Dick Van Dyke show which aired over a decade later, Dick and Mary Tyler Moore had separate beds, so It was probably pretty radical for that time. The Wikipedia article also says that Mary Kay and Johnny was the first time a pregnant woman was in a TV show.

The thing I had in mind was passion. As I understand it, The Addams Family was the first show where the husband was passionately in love with his wife. Gomez goes wild with passion every time Morticia speaks French, which happens in pretty much every episode. But since you got one older than that, I have to admit that I stand corrected.

Trivia" derives from trivium, a Latin word meaning three roads or, colloquially, crossroads.

Yes. Trivia is derived from the Latin term for a three-way intersection, which is not as important as a four-way intersection, or in other words, trivial.

The TOG​

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back