Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Living without sin?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I believe all those things. It doesn't mean I agree with what you are trying to do with those truths.

You are taking some truths in the Bible and using them to support your lie. Seems like I remember reading about others doing that in the Bible.

Quantrill
If you believe "all those things", then you believe there is no sin in Christ and those in Christ don't have sin in them either.
So that means those who do commit sin are NOT in Christ.
We agree on this point.

If you believe "all those things", then you believe there is no sin in Christ and those in Christ don't have sin in them either.
So that means those who do commit sin are NOT in Christ.
We agree on this point.

No, you're lying again. We do not agree.

As i said, I agree with the truths of the statements you made which are from the Bible. I don't agree with what you are trying doing with those verses.

Go ahead and keep lying to yourself, you are very good at it.

Quantrill

[ACMP=reminder]
Hopeful and Jacob62 and Quantrill

The three of you are intelligent and it appears you love the Lord and His word.

Please tone it down with the comments.

Please don’t hurl derogatory comments at other members. I know we all are passionate about what we believe, but just use scripture and address the OP.

JLB

[/ACMP]

Ok well, it seems to me...

I have been saved. I am being saved. I will be saved. You Brothers & Sisters ever hear that? Do you agree with it?

I think that might be the source of some of the confusion. We have to understand the tenses of our salvation. Past tense: Justification. Present Tense: Sanctification. Future Tense: Glorification.

So in that, I have been Justified, I am saved and am the righteousness of God in Christ. Having been given a new Spirit and Christ is within me I am sinless. My spirit is sinless and unblemished.
Ok so I am not of myself completely sinless yet but I am still being sanctified so do make mistakes at times.
And I look forward to my future departure of funny farm earth and my Glorification.

So in conclusion it seems as if both sides of this debate are speaking truth. Hopeful has been speaking from the spirit, so can say I am sinless. The I am sinful crowd speaks from or of the flesh without realizing the minor communication glitch going on.

I have been saved. I am being saved. I will be saved. You Brothers & Sisters ever hear that? Do you agree with it?

I think that might be the source of some of the confusion. We have to understand the tenses of our salvation. Past tense: Justification. Present Tense: Sanctification. Future Tense: Glorification.

So in that, I have been Justified, I am saved and am the righteousness of God in Christ. Having been given a new Spirit and Christ is within me I am sinless. My spirit is sinless and unblemished.
Ok so I am not of myself completely sinless yet but I am still being sanctified so do make mistakes at times.
And I look forward to my future departure of funny farm earth and my Glorification.

So in conclusion it seems as if both sides of this debate are speaking truth. Hopeful has been speaking from the spirit, so can say I am sinless. The I am sinful crowd speaks from or of the flesh without realizing the minor communication glitch going on.

Here are some scriptures that teach us when our salvation will be fully realized.

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:6-9

• Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

The end result of salvation by faith is receiving the salvation we are hoping for, and the evidence of the salvation we do not yet see. (See Hebrews 11:1)

For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Romans 8:24-25

But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
Luke 20:35-36

JLB

I agree!

Amen.
It is the obligation of all semiprofessional theology obfuscants to change a given question into one which they might then tidy up with one of their shiny ideas. All moldering will thereby fall by the wayside. Let the celebrations be holy.

It is the obligation of all semiprofessional theology obfuscants to change a given question into one which they might then tidy up with one of their shiny ideas. All moldering will thereby fall by the wayside. Let the celebrations be holy.

Makes zero sense.

What are you talking about?

I agree with what YOUR saying, but I get the strong impression Hopeful really thinks he is sinless body and soul. While we are walking on this Earth, that is impossible. Actively sinning can be greatly reduced, the sin of omission is almost impossible to completely eradicate. Like Pontius Pilate, people "wash their hands" of situations thinking "Not my problem". That is sin.

I agree with what YOUR saying, but I get the strong impression Hopeful really thinks he is sinless body and soul.
I do indeed believe it.
Were it not true, then God's seed CAN bring forth evil fruit. That means 1 John 3:9 is not true..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
BTW, if the body contains the soul, how can the body be defiled without defiling the soul too?
The mind controls what the body does, so the body can't be charged with a sin the mind didn't initiate.

daninthelionsden:
While we are walking on this Earth, that is impossible.
Jesus did it.

daninthelionsden:
Actively sinning can be greatly reduced, the sin of omission is almost impossible to completely eradicate. Like Pontius Pilate, people "wash their hands" of situations thinking "Not my problem". That is sin.
If sin can be stopped 50%, why not 100%?
What prevents God from siring a new creature after His own likeness?
Grape vines cannot bring forth apples.
God's seed cannot bring forth liars and thieves.

Last edited:
I do indeed believe it.
Were it not true, then God's seed CAN bring forth evil fruit. That means 1 John 3:9 is not true..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
BTW, if the body contains the soul, how can the body be defiled without defiling the soul too?
The mind controls what the body does, so the body can't be charged with a sin the mind didn't initiate.

daninthelionsden:
Jesus did it.

daninthelionsden:
Actively sinning can be greatly reduced, the sin of omission is almost impossible to completely eradicate. Like Pontius Pilate, people "wash their hands" of situations thinking "Not my problem". That is sin.
I can make you sin by omission with just one question.

I do indeed believe it.

daninthelionsden:
Jesus did it.

daninthelionsden:

So why couldn't Hopeful seek to attain a state of sinlessness? Maybe he has attained it or a better version than most? After all, it is indeed the soul vs spirit. The flesh body will return to dust.

Lord what do you think of my plans for the day? (soul) vs
Lord what are your plans for us today? (spirit)

When we are in faith we are led by the Spirit and thus can not sin. When we are not in faith we are being led by the soul or flesh so to speak.

Does it seem arrogant to say I am sinless? I think not. We all know how faith works. First you believe and then speak the word. I believe that myself, I would rather err on the side of faith if (it did turn out to be an error) it even had not manifested yet. Make sense?

I do sin sometimes. Yet I am sinless in that Christ is in me. I have not yet been Glorified yet, so of course my spirit and my soul both do have contentions until a time when I be redeemed and transfigured.

I can make you sin by omission with just one question.
No thanks, as I have been given all I need to avoid temptation.
It is written..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)

Back