Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Masturbation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

friend

Hi I'm new here and I know the title is probably off putting but its something I'm really struggling with. I'm a 23 year old woman and I've been with one sexual partner (around when I was 18) but no one since. After my first partner, I have wanted to wait until marriage for sex so I haven't been with anyone else but my problem is, I still really struggle with my sexual desires.

I have started masturbating pretty frequently (2-3 times a week) and after every time, I feel so gross and disgusted with myself but I continue to do it on a frequent basis. It's like, all my reason goes out the window when I start feeling lustful. I don't know what to do and I feel so guilty and dirty and that God is disappointed in me but I can never seem to curb the urges. If anyone has any advice on how to help with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

This is a sensitive topic for me so please, if you could keep judgment or harsh words out of your replies, I would appreciate it :sad

Some times the quickest way to a destination is a straight line.
The OP'er seemed to want a way out.
That is what I provided.

Or, you could quit walking after the flesh and start walking after the Spirit.

If this is all the information/counsel you could muster up.... well...
perhaps this thread would have better been served by your silence.

Well - the OP has not been back since last weekend. Perhaps she is too embarrassed to come back. I hope not.
It is also possible that she has seen the posts without logging in and has not seen anything to reply to.

I do hope she comes back because I have a book suggestion that IMO could be quite helpful.

Well - the OP has not been back since last weekend. Perhaps she is too embarrassed to come back. I hope not.
It is also possible that she has seen the posts without logging in and has not seen anything to reply to.

I do hope she comes back because I have a book suggestion that IMO could be quite helpful.
Hopefully, she learned there was a way out of her predicament, and took it.

Hi I'm new here and I know the title is probably off putting but its something I'm really struggling with. I'm a 23 year old woman and I've been with one sexual partner (around when I was 18) but no one since. After my first partner, I have wanted to wait until marriage for sex so I haven't been with anyone else but my problem is, I still really struggle with my sexual desires.

I have started masturbating pretty frequently (2-3 times a week) and after every time, I feel so gross and disgusted with myself but I continue to do it on a frequent basis. It's like, all my reason goes out the window when I start feeling lustful. I don't know what to do and I feel so guilty and dirty and that God is disappointed in me but I can never seem to curb the urges. If anyone has any advice on how to help with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

This is a sensitive topic for me so please, if you could keep judgment or harsh words out of your replies, I would appreciate it :sad
I suppose you could just keep praying on it, and have pastors pray for you constantly. The best thing we can do is do it less. Most people say its impossible to completely stop. Its hard to stop mainly because of the feeling we get from orgasms and arousal. The body loves the chemicals from arousal so it demands more, it is what makes masturbation addictive. If that problem is dealt with i think it would be much easier to stop. I believe that we can at least do it less. I wish you all the best. The only thing i can say, is get married. That was bible Pauls advice.

Back