Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Murder

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
HI

This theory of yours is not biblical whatsoever ! But if you wish to remain with this type of understanding, you have every right to believe as you wish.

The first man Adam was both male and female in the one man Adam. God made woman from the one man Adam by taking one of his ribs and made he woman. After they come together they become one again. The same with the revealed Mystery, the Last Adam ! Christ the head, and the female side of Christ is the body of Christ. The two have not come together as of yet. They will at the gathering up of the saints. I Thess. 4:13 - 18.

Bless – MM

It’s not a theory, it is truth.

Let’s go to the scriptures to get this sorted out.

Genesis: 1:27
“So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.â€

Alright so here we have a sum-up humankind being created as two distinct genders. No where does it talk about male and female he created them and then melded them together into some androgenous dual sex being.

And here’s the breakdown of the details of the verse above.

Genesis 2:4
“4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created. When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens- 5 and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth [c] and there was no man to work the ground, 6 but streams [d] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground- 7 the LORD God formed the man [e] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.â€

Alright pretty straight forward, God makes man from the dust of the earth. Moving on…

Genesis 2:20-24
“But for Adam [h] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib [j] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
23 The man said,
"This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called 'woman, [k] '
for she was taken out of man."
24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.â€

So here we have women being created, a female, different, but still human.
Now verse 24 is where you’re not understanding that this is the description of the marriage covenant. The term “one flesh†is meant as “one unitâ€. Read about any of the covenants in the OT, at no point do the people making them literally become a super person, but instead become unified in their lives. This Paul clearly references in Ephesians 5:31 when he speaks of the roles of men and women in a marriage relationship.

And yes, Christ will come together with the Church for the marriage of the bride and the groom, but they don’t become the same thing, they are still two distinct entities. The Church isn’t going to become Jesus any more than I’m not going to become my fiancée when we get married. The Church is going to be LIKE Christ, the church isn’t going TO BE Christ.

Quote Lacrum: "So here we have women being created, a female, different, but still human"

Hi Lacrum

You call this truth ? I call it private interpretation !

Woman was never created. She was "made"

And she was not called a female, she was called "woman". Of course she was a female, but that is where you get your private interpretation, along with calling the woman a created being.

God uses a singular - plural, in describing Adam. God used only singular in Genesis 5:1 - "This is the book of the generations of Adam. (Only, man (adam) was created). In the day that God created "man" (singular), in the likeness of God made he him. < God created and made man (male gender) in the image of God. God is our Father (male gender) . And the fact that God is - ONE ! Verse 2 deals with the singular - plural.

Verse 2 - "Male and female created "HE"(singular) them (plural); and blessed them (Plural), and called their (plural) name Adam (singular), in the day when they (plural = male and female in the one man Adam) were created". The Woman's name was Eve, not Adam. And the woman was not created, she was made.

Male and female were created in the one man Adam. God created man - Genesis 1:27 - both male and female.

God made woman - Genesis 2:22

I
Mysteryman said:
Quote Lacrum: "So here we have women being created, a female, different, but still human"
Hi Lacrum
And she was not called a female, she was called "woman". Of course she was a female, but that is where you get your private interpretation, along with calling the woman a created being.
God uses a singular - plural, in describing Adam. God used only singular in Genesis 5:1 - "This is the book of the generations of Adam. (Only, man (adam) was created). In the day that God created "man" (singular), in the likeness of God made he him. < God created and made man (male gender) in the image of God. God is our Father (male gender) . And the fact that God is - ONE ! Verse 2 deals with the singular - plural.
Verse 2 - "Male and female created "HE"(singular) them (plural); and blessed them (Plural), and called their (plural) name Adam (singular), in the day when they (plural = male and female in the one man Adam) were created". The Woman's name was Eve, not Adam. And the woman was not created, she was made.
Male and female were created in the one man Adam. God created man - Genesis 1:27 - both male and female.

I’ll try and keep this simple so you can follow.

You claim that God didn’t create Eve, that she was “madeâ€, yet in Genesis: 1:27 it clearly states:
“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.â€

This proves that: 1) Eve was CREATED and 2) She was FEMALE

You’re twisting of scripture is sickening, perverse and full of lies. I will no longer engage in debate with you.

LaCrum said:
I
Mysteryman said:
Hi Lacrum

You claim that God didn’t create Eve, that she was “madeâ€, yet in Genesis: 1:27 it clearly states:
“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.â€

You’re twisting of scripture is sickening, perverse and full of lies. I will no longer engage in debate with you.

Hi

One who lies, is one who tells a falsehood.

Eve was not created ! And she didn't have a name either when she was made ! Gen. 2:22 tells us clearly that the woman was made, not created ! For she was taken out of the one man , who was both male and female !

Now, you can call me a liar, which does not bother me, becaues I know I am telling the truth !

Quote Word S man : "There is no Bible verse saying Adam was of both sexes."

Hi W.

No, not sexes ----- but genders -> male and female.

The first "Man" Adam was created in the image of God, both male and female in the one Man Adam

Quote Word S man: "If your theory were true then none of those hearing Peter's sermon could possibly have been saved, being murderers "

Hi W.

People sway other people into believing a lie. Those who cried out - crucify him , crucify him, crucify him, were possessed with devil spirit. But there were other Jews there, and it was the others that Peter was talking too in Acts chapter 2:36. The Jews knew that Jesus was not guilty of any wrong. They did not have any witnesses, and no one spoke up . Pilate found no wrong in Jesus. So he put the responsibility back on the Jews.

Quote Word S man: " It was not created initially "with life". -- ". He chose to make Earth that way with nothing on it but water. "

Hi W.

Here is what Isaiah 45:18 says > " For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens ; God himself that formed the earth and made it ; he that established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited : I am the Lord ; and there is none else"

This is what the earth looked like in Genesis 1:1.

Then came Genesis 1:2 which could have been millions of years -- "And the earth became without form and void ; and darkness came upon the face of the deep"

God formed the earth to be inhabited, which it was inhabited in Gen. 1:1

God is light and in him is -- no darkness -- and in him is no darkness at all -- I John 1:5

The devil is a murderer from the beginning ! Just as Jesus Christ said !

LaCrum said:
I
Mysteryman said:
Hi Lacrum

That's the exact same conclusion I came to...it was time to shake the dust off.
I can't think of when I've heard such slander to the Word of God. :shame

Hi Lacrum
God made woman - Genesis 2:22[/quote]

You’re twisting of scripture is sickening, perverse and full of lies. I will no longer engage in debate with you.[/quote]

That's the exact same conclusion I came to...it was time to shake the dust off.
I can't think of when I've heard such slander to the Word of God. :shame[/quote]

Hi glorydaz

The problem with most people, is that they have become indoctrinated with wrong teachings, and they are not willing to let go of their wrong teachings.

God did not create woman, he made her ! Gen. 2:22

Woman came from the man, not the man from the woman.

The image of God is a man, and this is why we call him Father.

This is also why , "Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord " - Luke 2:23

God gave the commandment and the responsibility to the man Adam. In Adam all die.

We were redeemed by a man - Jesus Christ, for the sin of this man Adam. In Christ all shall be made alive.

The new creation is what God created in the new man Christ. - Colossians 3:10

God didn't create woman ! Now its time to renew your mind to this fact and truth.

Mysteryman said:
The problem with most people, is that they have become indoctrinated with wrong teachings, and they are not willing to let go of their wrong teachings.
Just wondering if, as you typed the above, you could see your own reflection in your computer monitor? :nono2

Sinthesis said:
Mysteryman said:
Just wondering if, as you typed the above, you could see your own reflection in your computer monitor? :nono2

Hi

One should be concerned about truth ! :yes

Don't trip on that stumbling stone on your way out the door. :eyebrow

I will :pray for you, like I do for everyone else here. :yes

:wave

Genesis 5:2 "Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created."

The Hebrew bara' was properly translated "created". "made" is used in a broader sense, from Heb. `asah, as used in Genesis 2:[3] "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. [4] These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,"

In the same sense Eve was created out of a rib section from Adam, Adam was created out of clay. Eve was created as much as Adam was created, for the scriptures do not lie. The source materials were different, both made, both created, both made from something.

WordSwordsman said:
Genesis 5:2 "Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created."

The Hebrew bara' was properly translated "created". "made" is used in a broader sense, from Heb. `asah, as used in Genesis 2:[3] "And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. [4] These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,"

In the same sense Eve was created out of a rib section from Adam, Adam was created out of clay. Eve was created as much as Adam was created, for the scriptures do not lie. The source materials were different, both made, both created, both made from something.

Hi W S M

If this is the way you want your translation to read, I suggest you make up your own personnal translation so that it will read exactly the way in which you want the script to read. Then you can quote your own bible translation.

The rest of us will or should say, that your words are nothing other than private interpretation .

Adam created out of clay ? Not formed ?

My bible reads - God created man in his own image - Gen. 1:27

My bible reads - God made man in his likeness - Gen. 5:1

Mysteryman said:
WordSwordsman said:

Hi W S M

If this is the way you want your translation to read, I suggest you make up your own personnal translation so that it will read exactly the way in which you want the script to read. Then you can quote your own bible translation.

The rest of us will or should say, that your words are nothing other than private interpretation .

Adam created out of clay ? Not formed ?

My bible reads - God created man in his own image - Gen. 1:27

My bible reads - God made man in his likeness - Gen. 5:1

When God makes something, He creates it. No interpretations needed.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back