Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Must a Christian marry a fellow Christian

Hey, Car Guy. You and Pizzaguy oughta get together and deliver us some pizzas.

(Is that the first time you've heard that...today?)

Maybe it's not so good an idea. You'll probably get in a fight over who's car to use.

Hey, Car Guy. You and Pizzaguy oughta get together and deliver us some pizzas.

(Is that the first time you've heard that...today?)

Maybe it's not so good an idea. You'll probably get in a fight over who's car to use.

:toofunny :toofunny
Looking for a ride? I have a cool car!
The problem is, the pizza can't get home - Pizzaguy is gonna......on the way:chin

I need clarification! Does God justify the 'union' of unbelievers who enter into marriage? My parents were unbelievers before they got married.

:toofunny
Do you know the worth of that car?
...with or without that paint job? :biglaugh

You're not a dweeb, are you?
:nag

(you might have to look at the name of that smilie to get it)

...ducking for cover now... :couch

...I sing you song to make you feel better :guitar

"...drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry..."

Apple pie, Chevy, and :coke

It's what makes the world go 'round.

...with or without that paint job? :biglaugh

:nag

(you might have to look at the name of that smilie to get it)

...ducking for cover now... :couch

...I sing you song to make you feel better :guitar

"...drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry..."

Apple pie, Chevy, and :coke

It's what makes the world go 'round.

cool:)

But that car costs a billion pounds

I need clarification! Does God justify the 'union' of unbelievers who enter into marriage? My parents were unbelievers before they got married.
Back to all seriousness...for now :wink3

All of mankind is entitled to seek out and enjoy all the pleasures of life God has given.

But for his people, his will is that we do that according to his ways. In the case of marital union that means finding your own spouse, not taking someone else's. Being faithful to the one you do take. Honoring their needs as your own. And so on...

My mom led her sugar sugar (my dad) to Christ. That was after they wedded as unbelievers. One of our pastors used to always visit my parents for church stuff. Sugar sugar wasn't interested. So, most of the time the pastor only met my mom. Dad was so busy with office stuff.

Finally the Lord captured her through this man. She went to church and attended a lot of church programs. She tried to invite my dad to church, my dad was totally repulsive.

She was able to speak in tongues earlier, and this speaking in tongues thing made my dad always laugh. He was kind of: 'Where did she learn that from? This church thing is driving my wife mad' He went on laughing and mocking at her.

Most at times he stopped her from going to church or receiving church people at home. It was a big challenge on her faith.

'Please, follow me to church',:sad she kept pleading. He refused completley. But a day came when he made up his mind to follow her to church.

They got to church and my dad was in the midst of prayer warriors speaking in tongues. Incredible! Sugar sugar laughed until he shed tears.:toofunny :biglol :lol :D :)
One of the reasons he went to church was not just to satisfy my mom -- he went to church to laugh at people speaking in tongues.

'Won't we go to church today?' Sugar sugar would ask. Why would he go to church if not to laugh?

Suddenly, God captured him too. My dad, today, speaks in tongues (his sounds like a mixture of chineese and deutsche, where my mom's...wow! Booming)

I for one do believe in divine appointments for both believers and unbelievers where God arranges circumstances that ultimately fulfill his purposes when we are totally oblivious to that plan. In those circumstances we humans go about just doing what we want to do totally unaware of how God has carefully crafted the rat maze we freely travel in to suit his ultimate design for things. Crafty and wise fellow that God is.

My wife spoke in tongues many, many years ago shortly after we accepted Christ, and I laughed when I heard it. She stopped and said she didn't want to do it anymore. About 10 years ago she 'took a break' from the faith and as far as I can tell hasn't been back since.

One thing is clear: When both parents were still unbelievers they kind of were in harmony with each other. But when my mom followed Christ and His life, my dad was kind of 'not in this house' - they quarreled more.

When both became christians things changed completely. Their lives became much better.

Now there are three things:

1. Both were unbelievers (and they were in a kind of harmony)
2. Mom became a christian while dad was still living in sin (arguements, depression etc)
3. Both are christians (......................)

Fill it up!

One thing is clear: When both parents were still unbelievers they kind of were in harmony with each other. But when my mom followed Christ and His life, my dad was kind of 'not in this house' - they quarreled more.

When both became christians things changed completely. Their lives became much better.

Now there are three things:

1. Both were unbelievers (and they were in a kind of harmony)
2. Mom became a christian while dad was still living in sin (arguements, depression etc)
3. Both are christians (......................)

Fill it up!
I hate to say it, but according to my observations a lot of Christian married couples don't do too well as to how Christian couples should treat each other.uukjuykhlkj.,o;

(That last part is my down syndrome son's contribution...I thought he knew not to do that without an interpreter present)

Are we limited to marrying ONLY fellow Christians? There are very good guys and Ladies in the world.
Can't a man or a woman love an unbeliever?

If it is absolutely yes (that a chrstian must marry a fellow christian), then how does an unbeliever make decisions on whom to marry? Does God direct them? Some unbelieving couples later in life accept Christ and they have happy homes - and just like other christians.

Most couples were never born-again before they got married. Today they are born-again, and are living happily.

I think it is advantageous for Christians to marry Christians. Not only that, but to marry someone from their own church.

I believe it is short-sighted and unwise to consciously head into any relationship, and especially a marriage, with a non-believer. Yeah, the whole "being unequally yoked" and "light and dark" things are simply Wise of the Lord, but there are the practical considerations too. There is the commitment to a covenant that one of the two will enter into when the hard times come, and there are all the battles that come with raising children in the faith.

I'd never do it.

keep in mind just because they say there a christian and go to church for a while and say and do the right things, DOESNT MEAN THEY KNOW THE LORD. i have learned that lesson.

to the best of your ability make sure that person is a christian.

Back