Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My friend said I should look into this so here I am lol

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Did you read to the end? "the stranger WITHIN YOUR GATES?"

If you live in the Land of Israel, or even in a Jewish community, then it could apply. But if not ....
If it the law was only for the literal people of Israel, why is the whole world condemned by it?

There are no differences in requirements for those of any nation D, be it natural Jews or Gentiles. Christians are under the law of the Christ. Even the Israel of God are made up from people of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues Rev 5:9,10
"Requirements" for what, exactly? Salvation - you are right.

But different requirements for how to live, that is another story.

There are many differences in both the Mosaic covenant and the New Covenant.

The general Israelite could NOT do what was commanded for the Levites. The majority of the Levites could not do what was commanded of the Aaronic Priests. And there were certain functions only the High Priest could do.

There were different requirements for men and women, and for children.

In the New Covenant there are restrictions put on the elders and deacons that do not apply to the rest of the congregation. Men do not "submit to your husband" nor do women "love your wife as Christ loves the church."

So why is it so much of a stretch to believe that Jews and Gentile believers have somewhat different covenant lifestyles? Have you read Acts 15 and Acts 21?

If it the law was only for the literal people of Israel, why is the whole world condemned by it?
It isn't.

Romans 2:12
For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;

"Requirements" for what, exactly? Salvation - you are right.

But different requirements for how to live, that is another story.

There are many differences in both the Mosaic covenant and the New Covenant.

The general Israelite could NOT do what was commanded for the Levites. The majority of the Levites could not do what was commanded of the Aaronic Priests. And there were certain functions only the High Priest could do.

There were different requirements for men and women, and for children.

In the New Covenant there are restrictions put on the elders and deacons that do not apply to the rest of the congregation. Men do not "submit to your husband" nor do women "love your wife as Christ loves the church."

So why is it so much of a stretch to believe that Jews and Gentile believers have somewhat different covenant lifestyles? Have you read Acts 15 and Acts 21?
Under Christian law we are all under the same requirements sir, common sense is of course involved as you pointed out with positions, and sexes.

Under Christian law we are all under the same requirements sir, common sense is of course involved as you pointed out with positions, and sexes.
But you did not answer "requirements for WHAT?"

Jews and gentile believers have different requirements for how they live, but NOT for salvation.

It isn't.

Romans 2:12
For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;
19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Romans 3:19

But you did not answer "requirements for WHAT?"

Jews and gentile believers have different requirements for how they live, but NOT for salvation.
God's requirements D-D-W, God's requirements do lead to salvation true, maybe I should word is as the law of the Christ Gal 6:2, which would encompass all commandments given to Christians found in the Greek Scriptures/ New Testament.

I don't think I understand your meaning of Jews and gentile believers sir, might you elaborate?
My understanding of Jews is the Israel of God Gal 6:16 which are made up of spirit begotten Christians from all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues Rev 5:9,10 and that the "gentiles" are the other sheep not of that fold sir Jn 10:16. Do you see it that way?

God's requirements DDW, God's requirements do lead to salvation true, maybe I should word is as the law of the Christ Gal 6:2, which would encompass all commandments given to Christians found in the Greek Scriptures/ New Testament.

I don't think I understand your meaning of Jews and gentile believers sir, might you elaborate?
My understanding of Jews is the Israel of God Gal 6:16 which are made up of spirit begotten Christians from all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues Rev 5:9,10 and that the "gentiles" are the other sheep not of that fold sir Jn 10:16. Do you see it that way?
No, our understandings are not the same. Jews are physical decedents of Jacob, plus those who have formally converted to Judaism. Gentile believers are those from all other nations who have accepted Jesus as Messiah and are grafted in (Rom 11) to the cultivated olive tree of Believing Israel.

No, our understandings are not the same. Jews are physical decedents of Jacob, plus those who have formally converted to Judaism. Gentile believers are those from all other nations who have accepted Jesus as Messiah and are grafted in (Rom 11) to the cultivated olive tree of Believing Israel.
Aah! Thanks for clarifying that D-D-W . We have parted company in our beliefs sir. Now we will have to wait for the return of Christ for the answer.

Jewish branches and gentile branches are one thing, but what/who is the tree from which both branches partake of the root and fatness? Romans 11:17.

the law of the Christ Gal 6:2, which would encompass all commandments given to Christians found in the Greek Scriptures/ New Testament.
Or, perhaps more to the point, the law of Christ is the law Jesus would follow seeing's as he did not have to submit to or acknowledge the law of sacrifice for sin. Strip those parts out, being unneeded and inapplicable, and, walla, you have the law of Christ.

Or, perhaps more to the point, the law of Christ is the law Jesus would follow seeing's as he did not have to submit to or acknowledge the law of sacrifice for sin. Strip those parts out, being unneeded and inapplicable, and, walla, you have the law of Christ.
Yes sir, he was an example for us to follow for sure 1 Pet 2:21

Which to me is the law of love. As God is love.

As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 19You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.’ d ”

20“Teacher,” he declared, “all these I have kept since I was a boy.”

21Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” a and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” b 10Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Let's stay calm.. I only wanted to know how Messianic Judaism differentiates from Christianity. As for my SMALL comment on the sabbath, I will practice it if I wish. It is about relaxing and making time for God and worship, not doing things you normally would like work and distractions like drinking or whatever, and replacing that time with more time for God. Whether you want to practice your faith in this way is entirely up to you. For me I want to do it as a way of committing and making time/space for God as well as peaceful reflection. I've been through a lot for someone my age and want to live a good Christian peaceful life while I'm on Earth. However you choose to do this is your choice, God gave us all the gift of free will.

Thanks everyone :)
:study
I think Romans 14:5 kjv would agree with you.
5. One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Symbolism is not always super clear. God rested after the physical creation.

Jesus rested after his work and we enter into his rest.

We can go back and forth/clarify, but ultimately it is personal faith.

eddif

Hi Prim, although many will argue about this, Christians are not required to keep the Sabbath law maam. Paul stated:
(Colossians 2:16, 17) . . .do not let anyone judge you about what you eat and drink or about the observance of a festival or of the new moon or of a sabbath. 17 Those things are a shadow of the things to come, but the reality belongs to the Christ.

Keep in mind everyone you know has violated the Sabbath, and that under the Law covenant those who violated the Sabbath was to be executed:
Nu 15:32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks upon the sabbath day.
Nu 15:33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.
Nu 15:34 And they put him in ward, because it had not been declared what should be done to him.
Nu 15:35 And Jehovah said unto Moses, The man shall surely be put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
Nu 15:36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him to death with stones; as Jehovah commanded Moses.
That Colossians Scripture is taken totally out of context and means exactly opposite of what you claim.

Please give the Scripture, book, chapter, and verse where God changed the Sabbath to sunday ?

The Law of Moses required many things that are no longer required under the New Covenant.

The New Covenant is about each member having an exclusive and intimate relationship with the Lord.

Every believer can go to God and have a person relationship with Him, as well as be taught by Him.

Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”
Jeremiah 31:31-34

• No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD.

The Lord desires for us to “know Him”, and be taught by Him, through communing with Him, and hearing His Voice.

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
John 10:28

He desires a relationship with each of us.

”Knowing Him” is the biblical definition of eternal life.

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. John 17:3

This “knowing“ is an intimate union with the Lord, whereby our spirit is joined in union with His Spirit, so that we become one spirit with Him.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
1 Corinthians 6:17

His deepest desire is for us to know Him.

Paul said it this way —

But more than that, I count everything as loss compared to the priceless privilege and supreme advantage of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord [and of growing more deeply and thoroughly acquainted with Him—a joy unequaled]. For His sake I have lost everything, and I consider it all garbage, so that I may gain Christ, Philippians 3:8 AMP

JLB
It's funny how Christians like to quote Jeremiah 31:31-34 as if it's written to the church, chapters 30 and 31 is one oratory to Yudah and Yashar'el. And if you read the Hebrew it is a Renewed Covenant, except now the Covenant is written on the heart and not sapphire stones.

I think Romans 14:5 kjv would agree with you.
5. One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Symbolism is not always super clear. God rested after the physical creation.

Jesus rested after his work and we enter into his rest.

We can go back and forth/clarify, but ultimately it is personal faith.

eddif
If you read all of Romans 14 you will see Paul is talking about food and fasting days. He wrote Romans from Corinth and they were having similar issues....the Pharisees in the Gospels talk about fasting twice a week and wanted to know why Yahusha and His Disciples didn't fast.

If you read all of Romans 14 you will see Paul is talking about food and fasting days. He wrote Romans from Corinth and they were having similar issues....the Pharisees in the Gospels talk about fasting twice a week and wanted to know why Yahusha and His Disciples didn't fast.
Welcome aboard

eddif

Back