Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Mystery Babylon

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Mystery Babylon
Quoting: Mr. Rev. Clarence Larkin.
“When Attalus, the Pontiff and King of Pergamos, died B.C. 133, he bequeathed the Headship of the Babylonian Priesthood to Rome. When the Etruscans came to Italy from Lydia (The region of Pergamos), they brought with them the Babylonian religion and rites. They set up a Pontiff who was head of the Priesthood. Later the Romans accepted this Pontiff as their civil ruler. Julius Caesar was made Pontiff of the Etruscan Order in B.C. 74. In B. C. 63, he was made Supreme Pontiff of the “Babylonian Order,” thus becoming heir to the rights an title of Attalus, Pontiff of Pergamos…Thus the first Roman Emperor become head of the “Babylonian Priesthood” and Rome the successor of Babylon (p. 151-152).” ...Constantine the Great coinage carried the symbols of the sun-cult until 324. Even when he dedicated the new capital of Constantinople, which became the seat of Byzantine Christianity for a millennium, he did so wearing the Apollonian sun-rayed Diadem. Constantine was the Pagan High priest of the Babylonian Mystery cult.
Attalus III (in Greek Attalos III) Philometor Euergetes (ca 170 BC – 133 BC) was the last Attalid king of Pergamon, ruling from 138 BC to 133 BC.
Rev. Alexander Hislop states: “… There never has been any difficulty in the mind of any enlightened Protestant in identifying the woman sitting on seven hills, and having on her fore head the name written ‘Mystery, Babylon the great,’ with the Roman apostasy. No other city in the world has ever been celebrated, as the city of Rome has … for its situation on seven hills (p. 2).”
Mystery Babylon.

That city is Rome, and more specifically, Vatican City.

Catholic apologist Karl Keating admits that Rome has long been known as Babylon. Keating claims that Peter's statement "The church here in Babylon ... sends you her greeting" (from I Peter 5:13) proves that Peter was writing from Rome. He explains further:

"Babylon is a code word for Rome. It is used that way six times in the last book of the Bible [four of the six are in chapters 17 and 18 and in extrabiblical works such as Sibylling Oracles (5, 159f.), the Apocalypse of Baruch (ii, 1), and 4 Esdras (3:1).

Eusebius Pamphilius, writing about 303, noted that "it is said that Peter's first epistle... was composed at Rome itself; and that he himself indicates this, referring to the city figuratively as Babylon."

As for "Mystery," that name imprinted on the woman's forehead is the perfect designation for Vatican City. Mystery is at the very heart of Roman Catholicism, from the words "Mysterium fide" pronounced at the alleged transformation of the bread and wine into the literal body and blood of Christ to the enigmatic apparitions of Mary around the world.
Every sacrament, from baptism to extreme unction, manifests the mysterious power which the faithful must believe the priests wield, but for which there is no visible evidence. Rome's new Catechism explains that liturgy "aims to initiate souls into the mystery of Christ (It is 'mystagogy.')" and that all of the Church's liturgy is "mystery."

No doubt you realize that the whore is not from God, therefore it is a representation of something from satan's world. When dealing with satan's world it will fall into one of three categories sir. It will be of government, commerce, or religious. The Scriptures reveal that babylon the great is a harlot that is in bed with the Kings of the earth, therefore she is not governmental, and that upon her demise (by the kings of the earth) the traveling merchants will cry at the loss, hence she is not commercial, thus leaving her to be religious by nature. Are not many lead churches in bed with the kings of the earth, giving support to their leadership? Does not this simple truth lend credence to her identity?
Your "truth" has not been proven to be correct.

Everything you posted is NOT in Revelation.

I ask for where.in Revelation the Whore is said to be false religion.

I care not about your philosophy but rather prefer Bible backed truths when dealing with Biblical issues.

You answered a Biblical question with a worldly philosophy. Not a great start.

Your "truth" has not been proven to be correct.

Everything you posted is NOT in Revelation.

I ask for where.in Revelation the Whore is said to be false religion.

I care not about your philosophy but rather prefer Bible backed truths when dealing with Biblical issues.

You answered a Biblical question with a worldly philosophy. Not a great start.
The world is wicked, false, false religion keeps it wicked, the whore rides the beast, the beast keeps the whore from where holiness is.

The world is wicked, false, false religion keeps it wicked, the whore rides the beast, the beast keeps the whore from where holiness is.
You have not provided any references for you opinion.

Where exactly is the Whore said to be "false religion "?
I have not found any such references.

You have not provided any references for you opinion.

Where exactly is the Whore said to be "false religion "?
I have not found any such references.
Because it is the mystery of iniquity, which is deceptive teachers.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Revelation 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

Because it is the mystery of iniquity, which is deceptive teachers.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Revelation 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.
I don't see anything in Revelation that says "false religion" is the Whore.

Reference in Revelation please.
So you disagree that whore is unfaithful or infidelity?

this is what I mean by you don't seem to know the following context.

Your questions are nothing but nitpicking and looking to fight.

Grow up, brother.

So you disagree that whore is unfaithful or infidelity?

this is what I mean by you don't seem to know the following context.

Your questions are nothing but nitpicking and looking to fight.

Grow up, brother.
I disagree because there is not a hint of religion attached to the whore.

Unless you have proof otherwise. Not opinion... references in context.

I disagree because there is not a hint of religion attached to the whore.

Unless you have proof otherwise. Not opinion... references in context.
While in Rome.
1 Peter 5:13
She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you her greetings, and so does my son Mark.

God's people in Babylon.
Revelation 18:4
Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “‘Come out of her, my people,’ so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

Zerubbabel led the people from their Babylonian captivity.
Zechariah 4:10
“Who dares despise the day of small things, since the seven eyes of (the Lord / Yahwah) that range throughout the earth will rejoice when they see the chosen capstone in the hand of Zerubbabel?”

The Seven Lamps are the Seven Congregation whom are the Seven Spirits of God, and The Seven Stars are the messengers of the Seven Congregations.
Revelation 1:4
John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne,

Revelation 3:1
“To the angel of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.

Revelation 4:5
From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. In front of the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God.

Revelation 5:6
Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

The Seven Eyes.
Zechariah 3:9
See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.

“Who dares despise the day of small things, since the seven eyes of the Lord that range throughout the earth will rejoice when they see the chosen capstone in the hand of Zerubbabel?”

Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

While in Rome.
1 Peter 5:13
She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you her greetings, and so does my son Mark.

God's people in Babylon.
Revelation 18:4
Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “‘Come out of her, my people,’ so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

Zerubbabel led the people from their Babylonian captivity.
“Who dares despise the day of small things, since the seven eyes of (the Lord / Yahwah) that range throughout the earth will rejoice when they see the chosen capstone in the hand of Zerubbabel?”

The Seven Lamps are the Seven Congregation whom are the Seven Spirits of God, and The Seven Stars are the messengers of the Seven Congregations.
Revelation 1:4
John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne,

Revelation 3:1
“To the angel of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.

Revelation 4:5
From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. In front of the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God.

The Seven Eyes.
Zechariah 3:9
See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.

“Who dares despise the day of small things, since the seven eyes of the Lord that range throughout the earth will rejoice when they see the chosen capstone in the hand of Zerubbabel?”

Nothing here addressed my questions.

I see not a trace of religion being attributed to Babylon on Revelation.

Let alone false religion.

Nothing here addressed my questions.

I see not a trace of religion being attributed to Babylon on Revelation.

Let alone false religion.
If you are not following the context and do not have insight into the metaphors, you will not understand.

There are many metaphors in the Bible.

If we don't understand Jesus' simple teachings, we don't have a simple insight into God's kingdom.

That happens when we disregard so many of Jesus' simple statements.

we cannot mock God.

If you are not following the context and do not have insight into the metaphors, you will not understand.

There are many metaphors in the Bible.

If we don't understand Jesus' simple teachings, we don't have a simple insight into God's kingdom.

That happens when we disregard so many of Jesus' simple statements.

we cannot mock God.
Absolutely... but when people refuse to engage in discussion and retreat into their silos we short circuit the work of God.

And the metaphors and not so difficult and God's teachings are simple...
until man confuses the teachings with their own worldly interpretation and interest.

Absolutely... but when people refuse to engage in discussion and retreat into their silos we short circuit the work of God.
Well, if you are sincerely following Him, you will not dismiss any of Jesus' words.

Jesus says not to throw pearls at the swine.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back