Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Mystery Babylon

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Mystery Babylon
Quoting: Mr. Rev. Clarence Larkin.
“When Attalus, the Pontiff and King of Pergamos, died B.C. 133, he bequeathed the Headship of the Babylonian Priesthood to Rome. When the Etruscans came to Italy from Lydia (The region of Pergamos), they brought with them the Babylonian religion and rites. They set up a Pontiff who was head of the Priesthood. Later the Romans accepted this Pontiff as their civil ruler. Julius Caesar was made Pontiff of the Etruscan Order in B.C. 74. In B. C. 63, he was made Supreme Pontiff of the “Babylonian Order,” thus becoming heir to the rights an title of Attalus, Pontiff of Pergamos…Thus the first Roman Emperor become head of the “Babylonian Priesthood” and Rome the successor of Babylon (p. 151-152).” ...Constantine the Great coinage carried the symbols of the sun-cult until 324. Even when he dedicated the new capital of Constantinople, which became the seat of Byzantine Christianity for a millennium, he did so wearing the Apollonian sun-rayed Diadem. Constantine was the Pagan High priest of the Babylonian Mystery cult.
Attalus III (in Greek Attalos III) Philometor Euergetes (ca 170 BC – 133 BC) was the last Attalid king of Pergamon, ruling from 138 BC to 133 BC.
Rev. Alexander Hislop states: “… There never has been any difficulty in the mind of any enlightened Protestant in identifying the woman sitting on seven hills, and having on her fore head the name written ‘Mystery, Babylon the great,’ with the Roman apostasy. No other city in the world has ever been celebrated, as the city of Rome has … for its situation on seven hills (p. 2).”
Mystery Babylon.

That city is Rome, and more specifically, Vatican City.

Catholic apologist Karl Keating admits that Rome has long been known as Babylon. Keating claims that Peter's statement "The church here in Babylon ... sends you her greeting" (from I Peter 5:13) proves that Peter was writing from Rome. He explains further:

"Babylon is a code word for Rome. It is used that way six times in the last book of the Bible [four of the six are in chapters 17 and 18 and in extrabiblical works such as Sibylling Oracles (5, 159f.), the Apocalypse of Baruch (ii, 1), and 4 Esdras (3:1).

Eusebius Pamphilius, writing about 303, noted that "it is said that Peter's first epistle... was composed at Rome itself; and that he himself indicates this, referring to the city figuratively as Babylon."

As for "Mystery," that name imprinted on the woman's forehead is the perfect designation for Vatican City. Mystery is at the very heart of Roman Catholicism, from the words "Mysterium fide" pronounced at the alleged transformation of the bread and wine into the literal body and blood of Christ to the enigmatic apparitions of Mary around the world.
Every sacrament, from baptism to extreme unction, manifests the mysterious power which the faithful must believe the priests wield, but for which there is no visible evidence. Rome's new Catechism explains that liturgy "aims to initiate souls into the mystery of Christ (It is 'mystagogy.')" and that all of the Church's liturgy is "mystery."

I just state the Truth or correct the errors of mainstreamers.

Whether you accept them or not, it is not my concern.

Jesus says not to throw the pearl to the swine.
And I am asking you to prove that what you are saying is truth. And you refuse to do so.
We have not even gotten to the point of accepting anything. Just asking you to prove your ideas.
You think you have pearls to throw.

You have taken all this time just to avoid answering one question.
You have not had a discussion at all.
Maybe just answer the question.
I am showing you how your questioning is nothing but manipulation to justify or disprove my reasoning.

It is so disingenuous, friend.

You are man-made doctrines believers are so clever in tactics.

You cannot see simple answering.

Remember I said that mainstreamers make simple gospel as complicated.

All these debates are going on and on without end.

I will not join in this kind of silly mainstream game.

This is my analysis of mainstream debtors.

I am showing you how your questioning is nothing but manipulation to justify or disprove my reasoning.
I do wish to disprove your reasoning.
Because you have not proven it.
It is so disingenuous, friend.
I am being very honest. You just have not asked me anything that I wished to answer.
You are man-made doctrines believers are so clever in tactics.
It is not man made doctrine that is clever... it is your tactics that are lacking.
You cannot see simple answering.

Remember I said that mainstreamers make simple gospel as complicated.
And I am asking you for the simple answer... and you are not providing it.
Again... will you provide the simple proof that Babylon is false religion.
All these debates are going on and on without end.
Because you will not provide any verses that back your opinion.
I will not join in this kind of silly mainstream game.
So just answer the one simple question I have asked many times.
This is my analysis of mainstream debtors.
So in your special language, what does debtor mean in this context.

I do wish to disprove your reasoning.
Because you have not proven it.
Nope, you just don't know simple scripture.

You trained yourselves to make everything complicated.

You need to get rid of your pride and accept the simple teachings of Jesus.

Jesus says "My yoke is light".

blessings.

Nope, you just don't know simple scripture.
Trust me I am simple.
You trained yourselves to make everything complicated.
You have no knowledge of what I think... because you have not asked a single thing.
You need to get rid of your pride and accept the simple teachings of Jesus.
That is what I am doing. You are refusing to provide the simple reference.
Jesus says "My yoke is light".
I know.
blessings.
Yes I am blessed.

Then why you cannot take Jesus' clear and simple statement of "My Father is My God?" and change it to Jesus is God?
When have I done that?
But you change the topic again.
Where is a simple reference that shows Babylon is false religion?
Why do you refuse to answer?
Just a single clear reference and I will shut up.
But your references are not clear nor correct in context.
So if you think everything is simple... provide the simple proof.

When have I done that?
I had a lengthy pm exchange with you and you mentioned that you believe in Jesus' diety.

that's when I stopped to converse with you.

Why are you refusing to acknowledge your belief?

What are you afraid of?

I already answered your question.

Just because you don't like the answer I provided, does not make it I did not answer.

It is not mature Christian behavior to go on and on forever.

You need to learn to accept and agree to disagree.

I had a lengthy pm exchange with you and you mentioned that you believe in Jesus' diety.

that's when I stopped to converse with you.

Why are you refusing to acknowledge your belief?

What are you afraid of?

I already answered your question.

Just because you don't like the answer I provided, does not make it I did not answer.

It is not mature Christian behavior to go on and on forever.

You need to learn to accept and agree to disagree.
I am not refusing anything... you are.
Please provide your simple Biblical reference that backs the claim the Babylon is false religion.

I am not refusing anything... you are.
Please provide your simple Biblical reference that backs the claim the Babylon is false religion.
It is clear that Babylon is symbolic of a false region because Jesus says to come of her lest you share her guilt.

I truly feel sad for you.

Your prideful attitude is stumping your spiritual growth.

Rev 17
John is once more caught up in the Spirit as this angel shows him the future judgment of Mystery Babylon who is the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth. Mystery Babylon is described first as a great whore that sits on many waters. She is a mystery to John when the vision was given to him, but now made very clear since the sixteenth century Reformation.

The woman is arrayed in purple and scarlet colors. These are the main colors of the Roman Catholic Church. The woman is the city of Rome known as Vatican City and the scarlet beast is the spiritual and worldly empire it controls being that of the Roman Catholic Church and all its believers through out the nations.

The seven heads are that of the Babylonian Empire: (Iraq), Medo - Persian Empire: (Iran), Grecian Empire: (Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt), Roman Empire. The ten horns represent the nations the Roman Empire scattered to when the deadly wound was put upon them, Daniel 7:23-25.

These ten nations were the Anglo-Saxons (English), the Franks (French), Suevi (Portuguese), Visigoths (Spanish), Burgundians (Swiss), Alemanni (Germans), Lombards (Italians), Ostrogoths, Heruli, and the Vandals in northern Africa. The last three being Ostrogoths, Heruli, and the Vandals had already been destroyed by the Roman Empire before their deadly wound came in 1798.

The woman was drunk with power the beast (Satan) gave her as she made martyrs of the saints and prophets of God as their blood was shed for their faith in Christ Jesus as they refused to denounce Christ in order to take the mark of this beast and bow down to this one world political, economic, educational and religious system.

The mystery of the woman is now revealed to John as being the Babylonian Empire (was, and is not). The same Empire that in time became the Roman Empire that has captured John and sent him to the isle of Patmos as a prisoner for preaching the word of God to the seven Churches in Asia. The same Empire that have always persecuted, even to death, the saints, the Prophets, the Apostles and even Christ.

The beast, being Satan, has always controlled the seven heads and ten nations as he works through those to kill, steal and destroy that which is God’s. We read back in Chapter 13 about the beast out of the sea and the beast out of the earth and who the son of perdition is as being Satan who works through the Luciferians religious system with their Jesuit Militant Priesthood and their false prophet being the Pontifex Maximus.

The beast that was and is not and yet is had its beginning with Nimrod and continuing with all the imperial kings, pharaohs and Roman Caesars that claimed to be priest/god/kings and held the official office and title of Pontifex Maximus who commands worship from their subjects.

The Pope, being the end of days son of perdition revealed, claims to have inherited the title Pontifex Maximus (Pontiff) directly from Babylon. Another title is Vicarius Filii Dei meaning in the place of God as he calls himself the Holy Father and the only one who can forgive sin.

The seven mountains are not literal mountains, but symbolic of present day Iraq, Iran, Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt and Rome being part of Satan’s ruling power found in the four nations of the Babylonian Empire, Medo-Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire. John would have known of all these nations throughout history and surely knew the Roman Empire in his lifetime.

The five fallen kingdoms that have always persecuted Gods people before John's lifetime were Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece. John could only know that of the Roman Empire in his life time as Israel was in subjection to Rome. Before John’s time Israel was in subjection to Greece, Persia and Babylon and in its earlier history was in slavery to Assyria and in its beginning was in slavery to Egypt.

One is: is that of the Roman Papal government up till 1798 when it received it deadly wound when General Berthier and Napoleon had abolished the papal government back in 1798 and established a secular one.

And the other not yet come and when he cometh, he must continue a short space is the reestablished Roman Catholic Church given back in 1929 when the Lateran Treaty had been signed between the Roman Catholic Church and Mussolini’s fascist Italian government. The treaty was signed by Benito Mussolini on behalf of King Victor Emmanuel III and by Cardinal Secretary of State Pietro Gasparri for Pope Pius XI. The Lateran Treaty and the Concordat unilaterally established the independent State of the Vatican City on February 11, 1929 and granted Roman Catholicism special status in Italy.

The beast that was: was Pope Pius VI (25 December 1717 – 29 August 1799) born Count Giovanni Angelo Braschi reigned as Pope from 15 February 1775 to his death in 1799. There were no other Popes until 1929 when Pope Pius XI ruled over Vatican City as he exercised principal legislative, executive and judicial power as all the other Popes have since that time.

There have been eight Popes starting with Pope Pius XI up to the seventh and eight Pope being Pope Francis. The reason Pope Francis is the seventh and eight is that Pope Benedict XVI being the seventh king (Pope) resigned. A new Pope is not selected until the former one dies.

The beast out of the earth that Satan gives power to, Rev 13, is this seventh and eight king (Pope) that will go into perdition causing a falling away before the return of Christ, 2Thessalonians 2:2, 3, as he sits on the mount of the congregation in the sides of the north taking his seat on the same mount that use to be the Temple of God as he deceives the nations claiming to be like God, Isaiah 14:12-14.

The ten horns are ten kings who have not yet received their kingdoms as the Vatican's New World Order Headquarters and the United Nations Organization, One Security Council that claims authority over the world are waiting for ten permanent members. In 2009 the UNO divided the world into ten economic regions and each one will have a Jesuit Provincial set over them, but their end will come with the glory of the Lord striking them down when He returns with us His army. (Will study more about the army in Rev 19)
Ten Kingdoms of a One World Government:
Kingdom 1: Canada, Mexico and the United States of America
Kingdom 2: European Union – Western Europe
Kingdom 3: Japan
Kingdom 4: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Israel and Pacific Islands
Kingdom 5: Eastern Europe
Kingdom 6: Latin America, Central and South America
Kingdom 7: North Africa and the Middle East
Kingdom 8: Central Africa
Kingdom 9: South and Southeast Asia
Kingdom 10: Central Asia

Part of the multitudes of the ten nations/ten horns that speak in various languages are Gods people throughout the earth that were persecuted, but not to death as their fellow servants were. They refuse to bow down and take the mark of this beast being the Jesuit Priesthood religious system (whore) with their false prophet (son of perdition) being the Roman Catholic Pontifex Maximus (Pope).

God's will is that He would that none should perish, 2Peter 3:9, 10. Those who are in Christ and He in them detest this Jesuit Priesthood religious system and yet while they are imprisoned they still preach the Gospels to those who will finally have ears to hear it preached to them. It’s like that of Paul and Silas when they sang praises to the Lord while in prison, Acts 16:25-31.

It is the patience and endurance of those saints that wait for the coming of the Lord who will take vengeance on those who have persecuted Gods children as their earthly kingdom temporarily belongs to the whore as it has always been in the past until all the words of God be fulfilled. The great city is Vatican City that has gathered all nations unto her self as she is ruled by none other than Satan and will be destroyed in the lake of fire.

Rev 17
John is once more caught up in the Spirit as this angel shows him the future judgment of Mystery Babylon who is the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth. Mystery Babylon is described first as a great whore that sits on many waters. She is a mystery to John when the vision was given to him, but now made very clear since the sixteenth century Reformation.

The woman is arrayed in purple and scarlet colors. These are the main colors of the Roman Catholic Church. The woman is the city of Rome known as Vatican City and the scarlet beast is the spiritual and worldly empire it controls being that of the Roman Catholic Church and all its believers through out the nations.

The seven heads are that of the Babylonian Empire: (Iraq), Medo - Persian Empire: (Iran), Grecian Empire: (Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt), Roman Empire. The ten horns represent the nations the Roman Empire scattered to when the deadly wound was put upon them, Daniel 7:23-25.

These ten nations were the Anglo-Saxons (English), the Franks (French), Suevi (Portuguese), Visigoths (Spanish), Burgundians (Swiss), Alemanni (Germans), Lombards (Italians), Ostrogoths, Heruli, and the Vandals in northern Africa. The last three being Ostrogoths, Heruli, and the Vandals had already been destroyed by the Roman Empire before their deadly wound came in 1798.

The woman was drunk with power the beast (Satan) gave her as she made martyrs of the saints and prophets of God as their blood was shed for their faith in Christ Jesus as they refused to denounce Christ in order to take the mark of this beast and bow down to this one world political, economic, educational and religious system.

The mystery of the woman is now revealed to John as being the Babylonian Empire (was, and is not). The same Empire that in time became the Roman Empire that has captured John and sent him to the isle of Patmos as a prisoner for preaching the word of God to the seven Churches in Asia. The same Empire that have always persecuted, even to death, the saints, the Prophets, the Apostles and even Christ.

The beast, being Satan, has always controlled the seven heads and ten nations as he works through those to kill, steal and destroy that which is God’s. We read back in Chapter 13 about the beast out of the sea and the beast out of the earth and who the son of perdition is as being Satan who works through the Luciferians religious system with their Jesuit Militant Priesthood and their false prophet being the Pontifex Maximus.

The beast that was and is not and yet is had its beginning with Nimrod and continuing with all the imperial kings, pharaohs and Roman Caesars that claimed to be priest/god/kings and held the official office and title of Pontifex Maximus who commands worship from their subjects.

The Pope, being the end of days son of perdition revealed, claims to have inherited the title Pontifex Maximus (Pontiff) directly from Babylon. Another title is Vicarius Filii Dei meaning in the place of God as he calls himself the Holy Father and the only one who can forgive sin.

The seven mountains are not literal mountains, but symbolic of present day Iraq, Iran, Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt and Rome being part of Satan’s ruling power found in the four nations of the Babylonian Empire, Medo-Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire. John would have known of all these nations throughout history and surely knew the Roman Empire in his lifetime.

The five fallen kingdoms that have always persecuted Gods people before John's lifetime were Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece. John could only know that of the Roman Empire in his life time as Israel was in subjection to Rome. Before John’s time Israel was in subjection to Greece, Persia and Babylon and in its earlier history was in slavery to Assyria and in its beginning was in slavery to Egypt.

One is: is that of the Roman Papal government up till 1798 when it received it deadly wound when General Berthier and Napoleon had abolished the papal government back in 1798 and established a secular one.

And the other not yet come and when he cometh, he must continue a short space is the reestablished Roman Catholic Church given back in 1929 when the Lateran Treaty had been signed between the Roman Catholic Church and Mussolini’s fascist Italian government. The treaty was signed by Benito Mussolini on behalf of King Victor Emmanuel III and by Cardinal Secretary of State Pietro Gasparri for Pope Pius XI. The Lateran Treaty and the Concordat unilaterally established the independent State of the Vatican City on February 11, 1929 and granted Roman Catholicism special status in Italy.

The beast that was: was Pope Pius VI (25 December 1717 – 29 August 1799) born Count Giovanni Angelo Braschi reigned as Pope from 15 February 1775 to his death in 1799. There were no other Popes until 1929 when Pope Pius XI ruled over Vatican City as he exercised principal legislative, executive and judicial power as all the other Popes have since that time.

There have been eight Popes starting with Pope Pius XI up to the seventh and eight Pope being Pope Francis. The reason Pope Francis is the seventh and eight is that Pope Benedict XVI being the seventh king (Pope) resigned. A new Pope is not selected until the former one dies.

The beast out of the earth that Satan gives power to, Rev 13, is this seventh and eight king (Pope) that will go into perdition causing a falling away before the return of Christ, 2Thessalonians 2:2, 3, as he sits on the mount of the congregation in the sides of the north taking his seat on the same mount that use to be the Temple of God as he deceives the nations claiming to be like God, Isaiah 14:12-14.

The ten horns are ten kings who have not yet received their kingdoms as the Vatican's New World Order Headquarters and the United Nations Organization, One Security Council that claims authority over the world are waiting for ten permanent members. In 2009 the UNO divided the world into ten economic regions and each one will have a Jesuit Provincial set over them, but their end will come with the glory of the Lord striking them down when He returns with us His army. (Will study more about the army in Rev 19)
Ten Kingdoms of a One World Government:
Kingdom 1: Canada, Mexico and the United States of America
Kingdom 2: European Union – Western Europe
Kingdom 3: Japan
Kingdom 4: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Israel and Pacific Islands
Kingdom 5: Eastern Europe
Kingdom 6: Latin America, Central and South America
Kingdom 7: North Africa and the Middle East
Kingdom 8: Central Africa
Kingdom 9: South and Southeast Asia
Kingdom 10: Central Asia

Part of the multitudes of the ten nations/ten horns that speak in various languages are Gods people throughout the earth that were persecuted, but not to death as their fellow servants were. They refuse to bow down and take the mark of this beast being the Jesuit Priesthood religious system (whore) with their false prophet (son of perdition) being the Roman Catholic Pontifex Maximus (Pope).

God's will is that He would that none should perish, 2Peter 3:9, 10. Those who are in Christ and He in them detest this Jesuit Priesthood religious system and yet while they are imprisoned they still preach the Gospels to those who will finally have ears to hear it preached to them. It’s like that of Paul and Silas when they sang praises to the Lord while in prison, Acts 16:25-31.

It is the patience and endurance of those saints that wait for the coming of the Lord who will take vengeance on those who have persecuted Gods children as their earthly kingdom temporarily belongs to the whore as it has always been in the past until all the words of God be fulfilled. The great city is Vatican City that has gathered all nations unto her self as she is ruled by none other than Satan and will be destroyed in the lake of fire.
There are so many errors in this that I'm not even going to attempt to address them all.
Though it's hardly worth addressing any since I've pointed these out before but you have ignored them.

1. The woman is arrayed in purple and scarlet colors. These are the main colors of the Roman Catholic Church. The woman is the city of Rome known as Vatican City and the scarlet beast is the spiritual and worldly empire it controls being that of the Roman Catholic Church and all its believers through out the nations.
Purple was the colour of Imperial Rome. The Catholic Church uses many colours - why pick out these two?
In John's time the Vatican hill, upon which the Vatican is buit was not in Rome. It was outside the walls on the other side of the Tiber.

2 Ten Kingdoms of a One World Government
The United Kingdom is not in your list

3. These ten nations were the Anglo-Saxons (English)......
You have just picked out ten kingdoms out of many more in the Roman Empire.
Moreover the "Anglo-Saxons" were not a kingdom in John's time (and never were).
The Angles, Saxons and Jutes were different tribes from different countries that invaded what is now Britain after the fall of the Roman Empire, centuries after John's vision.

There are so many errors in this that I'm not even going to attempt to address them all.
Though it's hardly worth addressing any since I've pointed these out before but you have ignored them.

1. The woman is arrayed in purple and scarlet colors. These are the main colors of the Roman Catholic Church. The woman is the city of Rome known as Vatican City and the scarlet beast is the spiritual and worldly empire it controls being that of the Roman Catholic Church and all its believers through out the nations.
Purple was the colour of Imperial Rome. The Catholic Church uses many colours - why pick out these two?
In John's time the Vatican hill, upon which the Vatican is buit was not in Rome. It was outside the walls on the other side of the Tiber.

2 Ten Kingdoms of a One World Government
The United Kingdom is not in your list

3. These ten nations were the Anglo-Saxons (English)......
You have just picked out ten kingdoms out of many more in the Roman Empire.
Moreover the "Anglo-Saxons" were not a kingdom in John's time (and never were).
The Angles, Saxons and Jutes were different tribes from different countries that invaded what is now Britain after the fall of the Roman Empire, centuries after John's vision.
Past, Present and future. Old Roman Empire, Revived Roman Empire. It has nothing to do with Catholics at all as there are many Spiritually born again Catholics, but that of the foundation of the Jesuits and the various Popes that have always persecuted and made martyr's of those who are Christ own, even today. It's a very deep study in history and future events. I have nothing against Catholics.

Past, Present and future. Old Roman Empire, Revived Roman Empire. It has nothing to do with Catholics at all as there are many Spiritually born again Catholics, but that of the foundation of the Jesuits and the various Popes that have always persecuted and made martyr's of those who are Christ own, even today. It's a very deep study in history and future events. I have nothing against Catholics.

Ah yes, pick & mix history to fit your theories.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back