Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Mystery Babylon

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Mystery Babylon
Quoting: Mr. Rev. Clarence Larkin.
“When Attalus, the Pontiff and King of Pergamos, died B.C. 133, he bequeathed the Headship of the Babylonian Priesthood to Rome. When the Etruscans came to Italy from Lydia (The region of Pergamos), they brought with them the Babylonian religion and rites. They set up a Pontiff who was head of the Priesthood. Later the Romans accepted this Pontiff as their civil ruler. Julius Caesar was made Pontiff of the Etruscan Order in B.C. 74. In B. C. 63, he was made Supreme Pontiff of the “Babylonian Order,” thus becoming heir to the rights an title of Attalus, Pontiff of Pergamos…Thus the first Roman Emperor become head of the “Babylonian Priesthood” and Rome the successor of Babylon (p. 151-152).” ...Constantine the Great coinage carried the symbols of the sun-cult until 324. Even when he dedicated the new capital of Constantinople, which became the seat of Byzantine Christianity for a millennium, he did so wearing the Apollonian sun-rayed Diadem. Constantine was the Pagan High priest of the Babylonian Mystery cult.
Attalus III (in Greek Attalos III) Philometor Euergetes (ca 170 BC – 133 BC) was the last Attalid king of Pergamon, ruling from 138 BC to 133 BC.
Rev. Alexander Hislop states: “… There never has been any difficulty in the mind of any enlightened Protestant in identifying the woman sitting on seven hills, and having on her fore head the name written ‘Mystery, Babylon the great,’ with the Roman apostasy. No other city in the world has ever been celebrated, as the city of Rome has … for its situation on seven hills (p. 2).”
Mystery Babylon.

That city is Rome, and more specifically, Vatican City.

Catholic apologist Karl Keating admits that Rome has long been known as Babylon. Keating claims that Peter's statement "The church here in Babylon ... sends you her greeting" (from I Peter 5:13) proves that Peter was writing from Rome. He explains further:

"Babylon is a code word for Rome. It is used that way six times in the last book of the Bible [four of the six are in chapters 17 and 18 and in extrabiblical works such as Sibylling Oracles (5, 159f.), the Apocalypse of Baruch (ii, 1), and 4 Esdras (3:1).

Eusebius Pamphilius, writing about 303, noted that "it is said that Peter's first epistle... was composed at Rome itself; and that he himself indicates this, referring to the city figuratively as Babylon."

As for "Mystery," that name imprinted on the woman's forehead is the perfect designation for Vatican City. Mystery is at the very heart of Roman Catholicism, from the words "Mysterium fide" pronounced at the alleged transformation of the bread and wine into the literal body and blood of Christ to the enigmatic apparitions of Mary around the world.
Every sacrament, from baptism to extreme unction, manifests the mysterious power which the faithful must believe the priests wield, but for which there is no visible evidence. Rome's new Catechism explains that liturgy "aims to initiate souls into the mystery of Christ (It is 'mystagogy.')" and that all of the Church's liturgy is "mystery."

You ask an elementary question that any Jesus' followers ought to know.

What is Babylon to you?

Do you know?
Yes I have an understanding. But you still have not provided a reference verse that says Mystery Babylon represents false religion.

Just provide the reference that you say every Jesus follower ought to know.

Just provide the reference that you say every Jesus follower ought to know.
It is overall contextual reasoning that only comes by spiritually discerning understanding.

If you have to question my contextual reasoning you cannot be trusted.

I don't waste time arguing with you either.

You are just another one of the majority that makes up your own doctrine to dismiss simple reasonings.

Jesus' gospel is not as hard to understand or complicated as you guys are making it out to be.

It is non of my concern that you guys accept my revelations and simple Gospel or not.

I have my mission for my God and my Lord Jesus to reveal a simple Truth to the world.

It is overall contextual reasoning that only comes by spiritually discerning understanding.

If you have to question my contextual reasoning you cannot be trusted.

I don't waste time arguing with you either.

You are just another one of the majority that makes up your own doctrine to dismiss simple reasonings.

Jesus' gospel is not as hard to understand or complicated as you guys are making it out to be.

It is non of my concern that you guys accept my revelations and simple Gospel or not.

I have my mission for my God and my Lord Jesus to reveal a simple Truth to the world.
So you claim special knowledge that overrides basic proofs.
If I question you or your conclusions... I am the enemy.
You will not waste time answering questions.
You accuse me of being in the majority.
I completely agree with you that the Bible is simple to understand and follow.
You don't care if others agree with you but insist on putting out your opinions without proof... therefore assuring that people will not agree with you... ensuring that you can play the lone obedient christian card when questioned.
And you claim to be the same as the Blues Brothers.

Nope, it is not contextual knowledge is not special knowledge.
But you said no one else understands this knowledge... sounds special to me.
It comes from reading the Bible what it says, instead of twisting around to suit your man-made doctrines.
I try never to twist the Bible to suit man mad doctrines(mine or yours).

So if you don't twist the scriptures it should be simplicity itself to provide a reference that clearly shows Mystery Babylon to be religion.

Please back up your opinions with Revelation references.

But you said no one else understands this knowledge... sounds special to me.

I try never to twist the Bible to suit man mad doctrines(mine or yours).

So if you don't twist the scriptures it should be simplicity itself to provide a reference that clearly shows Mystery Babylon to be religion.

Please back up your opinions with Revelation references.
It seems you have no understanding of contextual reasoning.

This is where you should get an idea of what Babylon is:

Revelation 18

18 After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven. He had great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his splendor. 2 With a mighty voice he shouted:

“‘Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!’[a]
She has become a dwelling for demons
and a haunt for every impure spirit,
a haunt for every unclean bird,
a haunt for every unclean and detestable animal.
3 For all the nations have drunk
the maddening wine of her adulteries.
The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.”

Warning to Escape Babylon’s Judgment

4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“‘Come out of her, my people,’[b]
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
5 for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.
6 Give back to her as she has given;
pay her back double for what she has done.
Pour her a double portion from her own cup.
7 Give her as much torment and grief
as the glory and luxury she gave herself.
In her heart she boasts,
‘I sit enthroned as queen.
I am not a widow;[c]
I will never mourn.’
8 Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her:
death, mourning and famine.
She will be consumed by fire,
for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.

Threefold Woe Over Babylon’s Fall

9 “When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. 10 Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry:

“‘Woe! Woe to you, great city,
you mighty city of Babylon!
In one hour your doom has come!’
11 “The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes anymore— 12 cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble; 13 cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and human beings sold as slaves.

14 “They will say, ‘The fruit you longed for is gone from you. All your luxury and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.’ 15 The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn 16 and cry out:

dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet,
and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls!
17 In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!’
“Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off. 18 When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, ‘Was there ever a city like this great city?’ 19 They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out:

where all who had ships on the sea
became rich through her wealth!
In one hour she has been brought to ruin!’
20 “Rejoice over her, you heavens!
Rejoice, you people of God!
Rejoice, apostles and prophets!
For God has judged her
with the judgment she imposed on you.”

The Finality of Babylon’s Doom

21 Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said:

“With such violence
the great city of Babylon will be thrown down,
never to be found again.
22 The music of harpists and musicians, pipers and trumpeters,
will never be heard in you again.
No worker of any trade
will ever be found in you again.
The sound of a millstone
23 The light of a lamp
will never shine in you again.
The voice of bridegroom and bride
Your merchants were the world’s important people.
By your magic spell all the nations were led astray.
24 In her was found the blood of prophets and of God’s holy people,
of all who have been slaughtered on the earth.”

It seems you have no understanding of contextual reasoning.

This is where you should get an idea of what Babylon is:

Revelation 18

18 After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven. He had great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his splendor. 2 With a mighty voice he shouted:

3 For all the nations have drunk
the maddening wine of her adulteries.
The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.”

Warning to Escape Babylon’s Judgment

4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“‘Come out of her, my people,’[b]
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
5 for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.
6 Give back to her as she has given;
pay her back double for what she has done.
Pour her a double portion from her own cup.
7 Give her as much torment and grief
as the glory and luxury she gave herself.
In her heart she boasts,
‘I sit enthroned as queen.
I am not a widow;[c]
I will never mourn.’
8 Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her:
death, mourning and famine.
She will be consumed by fire,
for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.

Threefold Woe Over Babylon’s Fall

9 “When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. 10 Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry:

you mighty city of Babylon!
In one hour your doom has come!’
11 “The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes anymore— 12 cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble; 13 cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and human beings sold as slaves.

14 “They will say, ‘The fruit you longed for is gone from you. All your luxury and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.’ 15 The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn 16 and cry out:

dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet,
and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls!
17 In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!’
“Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off. 18 When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, ‘Was there ever a city like this great city?’ 19 They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out:

where all who had ships on the sea
became rich through her wealth!
In one hour she has been brought to ruin!’
20 “Rejoice over her, you heavens!
Rejoice, you people of God!
Rejoice, apostles and prophets!
For God has judged her
with the judgment she imposed on you.”

The Finality of Babylon’s Doom

21 Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said:

“With such violence
the great city of Babylon will be thrown down,
never to be found again.
22 The music of harpists and musicians, pipers and trumpeters,
No worker of any trade
will ever be found in you again.
The sound of a millstone
23 The light of a lamp
will never shine in you again.
The voice of bridegroom and bride
Your merchants were the world’s important people.
By your magic spell all the nations were led astray.
24 In her was found the blood of prophets and of God’s holy people,
of all who have been slaughtered on the earth.”
Not one mention of religion in that whole passage.

So how do you back your claim that Babyon represents a religion? Or do you not claim that Babylon represents a religious system?

I asked for a verse that made your point... I don't see that verse here.

Not one mention of religion in that whole passage.

So how do you back your claim that Babyon represents a religion? Or do you not claim that Babylon represents a religious system?

I asked for a verse that made your point... I don't see that verse here.
my my my.

You are not a good sport.

Here it is:

I get the feeling you still don't get it.

that's why I say it is such a waste of time to discourse with mainstream believers.

my my my.

You are not a good sport.

Here it is:

I get the feeling you still don't get it.

that's why I say it is such a waste of time to discourse with mainstream believers.
Trust me I am not in the mainstream on my views on Revelation.
And the verses you provided does not show it's religious state.
The verses show the fallen state of Babylon.
After the fall of Babylon it becomes a place of all unclean things.(btw that is not the same as false religion)
What about before the fall of Babylon... what verses show Babylon to be false religion?

I dont think so.

If you are Jesus' follower, you will trust everything that He says.

Jesus says His Father is His God. But you say Jesus is God.

You are denying Jesus' own word.
First... where did I mention any of that?
Second... I am not denying Jesus' own words.

You don't believe Jesus is God?
How does that effect the Babylon question?
Seeing as you can not present any evidence to back your opinion(asked you for it many times and I still have not seen anything approaching proof) I don't think you have the ability to question other matters.
I ask for a simple verse and you can not do it.
Or get back to the point and present your proofs for Babylon being false religion.

Because Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

I don't take seriously who worships a false god.

I am consistent in my faith.
So you will not defend your opinions.
So who are you posting these messages for?
You are consistent at avoiding defending your ideas.
Just provide the proof verses for the Babylon question and we can move on.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back