Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New Age Practices for Christians to Avoid

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
That reporter in the video is The Ministry of Truth in action .

I have been trained in a 160 hour course on fire fighting so I do understand fires .
In the video the reporter said the protesters were NOT unruly so our eyes must be lying .
a) The segment is => 12 seconds <= long so obviously it is taken out of context.
b) If you actually watch the video you can see that most of the spectators are standing around; they're not "unruly".

Your eyes must be "lying" if you have a predetermined vision of what you want to see as opposed to what actually happened. It's no secret that if you excerpt 12 seconds(!) from any broadcast you can "prove" a point, regardless of what is actually said in its entirety.

Another New Age practice to avoid has come to my attention .

Sigil - A sigil is a type of symbol used in magic . The term has usually referred to a type of pictorial signature of a deity or spirit . In modern usage, especially in the context of chaos magic , sigil refers to a symbolic representation of the practitioner's desired outcome. As a Christian we should NOT be using magic to contact spirits !

As many as I have listed here there are more to be found . Your input to this thread is welcome :) .

New Age Practices for Christians to Avoid

1. Aliens - Trying to access aliens can open the door to demons in your life .

2. Angel Cards - A mixture of truth and lies from the demonic realm .

3. Angel Readings - No we don't pray to or for angels . God directs them for our needs .

4. Ascended Masters - We do not need help from deceased teachers . Ain't happening .

5. Astral Projection - Do not seek an out of body experience .If God wants to give you an out of body experience he will without you seeking it .

6. Astrology - Using the stars and planets for divination is forbidden . Horoscope ,you know "What sign are you ? "

7. Chakras - A spiritual power point used in yoga and Eastern Mysticism . A spiritual experience from the wrong place , not of God .

8. Channeled Books - An author writing a book with a spirits help , need I say more .

9. Channeling - Empty yourself out and have a spirit speak through you , are you kidding me !

10. Crystals - "Amplify healing energy " no they do not .

11. Cults - I think you have heard of this one . Moonies , Heavens Gate , Manson Family , etc.

12. Deities and Divinities - Little "g" gods and goddesses , stay far away from these .

13. Divination - Another way of saying fortune telling , you will receive lies and info from demons .

14. Dream Catchers - No we don't need to catch our dreams .

15. Drumming Circles - Beating on a drum under the full moon and go into a trance state . What could go wrong here ?

16. Energy Healing - No you are not a conduit for " universal energy " .

17. Entity Group - A group of spirits who speak through channelers , guess where their power comes from ?

18. Fairies - You already know this right ?

19. Feng Shui - Spiritual furniture rearranging , no way .

20. Harry Potter - An intro to witchcraft , need I say more ?

21. Horoscopes - Do not place your faith in things other than God .

22. Idols - Remember about the Golden Calf ?

23. Journeying - A mental trip through meditation , drumming , chanting or using drugs . This will not end good .

24. Mandalas - Supernatural power from wearing patterns ? NO !

25. Manifesting - No we can't create and attract whatever we want if we are positive enough .

26. Meditating without God - Do not attempt to empty your mind , in comes the demonic .

27. Mediumship - Don't try to contact the dead , haven't we already said that ?

28. Numerology - Sure the bible has number symbology but don't use numbers for fortune telling .

29. Oracle Cards - No we do not need cards to predict our future .

30. Paganism - It is still going on .

31. Pantheism - God is everywhere but He is not everything .

32. Past-Life Regression - Reincarnation , not happening .

33. Peace Sign - Is an upside down broken cross , this can't be good .

34. Pendulums - Trying to get a yes or no answer with a pointed crystal at the end of chain , again are you kidding me !

35. Polytheism - Many gods , no that is a lie .

36. Power Animals - Spirit animals for our protection , NO .

37. Prosperity Gospel - God is NOT your magic genie .

38. Psychic Readings - Some truth to reel you in and mostly lies from you know where .

39. Reiki - Casting healing symbols toward people , NO , not from God .

40. Shamanism - Their power does not come from God .

41. Sorcery - Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

42. Spirit Guides - Benevolent spirits that guide you through life , no it ain't happening .

43. Statues - See idols .

44. Sweat Lodges - Another new age idea to seek visions . You could sweat to death by the way .

45. Tapping - If you are out of balance pray instead , no tapping .

46. Tarot Cards - Cards telling the future yet again , not happening .

47. Universalism- Everyone goes to heaven ? You must be born again to make it !

48. Wicca - Spells and magik , need I say more ?

49. Witchcraft - 1 Samuel 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

50. Yoga - It comes from deity worship and the poses are directed to a specific god or goddess . Also told to empty your mind and meditate . Do Pilates instead of yoga .

51. Zodiac Signs - Signs from astrology , no future telling using the stars and planets . Place you faith in God .

52 Gaia worship - Worship the Creator not the creation .

https://doreenvirtue.com/2019/07/21/an-a-z-list-of-new-age-practices-to-avoid-and-why/

In the same chapter of Luke 6
20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.

Our reward and treasure is in heaven . A private Jet costing $50,000,000 dollars to spread the Gospel ? Jesus rode on a borrowed donkey .

Benny Hinn may have seen the light .

Benny Hinn quotes .
"I think it’s an offense to the Lord, it’s an offense to say give $1,000. I think it’s an offense to the Holy Spirit to place a price on the Gospel. I’m done with it. I will never again ask you to give $1,000 or whatever amount, because I think the Holy Ghost is just fed up with it."
"
"When I was younger, I was influenced by the preachers who taught whatever they taught. But as I’ve lived longer I’m thinking, wait a minute, you know this doesn’t fit totally with the Bible and it doesn’t fit with the reality. So what is prosperity? No lack…

Did Elijah the prophet have a car? No. Did not even have a bicycle. He had no lack. … Did Jesus drive a car or live in a mansion? No. He had no lack. How about the Apostles? None lacked among them,” Hinn said. “Today, the idea is abundance and palatial homes and cars and bank accounts. The focus is wrong … It’s so wrong."

https://pcpj.org/2019/09/06/benny-hinn-just-denounced-the-health-and-wealth-gospel-but-why/

Sorry for the late response.

I would say it is a matter of the heart. The love of money is the root of all evil. Not money itself. I agree with what for_his_glory said in that there is "Nothing wrong with wanting nice things, but when money becomes your idol you place above God then that is where the sin creeps in. I'd rather have God's riches and store my treasure up in heaven which will be our permanent home."

What I wanted to point out is many of God's people immensely prospered following Him. Not just suffered no lack, but we're abundantly blessed. What Esther had could have been likened to a $50,000 jet, and she saved the Jewish people. What is a $50,000 jet to a billionaire who gives millions in charity away and has a heart for God and seeks His kingdom first? How many could he help that way?

Being poor is an attitude....

Why not ask for His kingdom first and a $50,000 jet if it helps you do that? Heaven will not go bankrupt I assure you. How much money is too much to have as a Christian? If someone just offered you a billion dollars, what would you do with it? Could God trust You with it? For most the answer is no. And many would not ask for it.

I totally get what you are saying though and agree a lot of money can get hard to handle. People stop giving and praying, and trusting more in the money then God. Our focus should be on God first. But dreaming is fine.

Sorry for the late response.

I would say it is a matter of the heart. The love of money is the root of all evil. Not money itself. I agree with what for_his_glory said in that there is "Nothing wrong with wanting nice things, but when money becomes your idol you place above God then that is where the sin creeps in. I'd rather have God's riches and store my treasure up in heaven which will be our permanent home."

What I wanted to point out is many of God's people immensely prospered following Him. Not just suffered no lack, but we're abundantly blessed. What Esther had could have been likened to a $50,000 jet, and she saved the Jewish people. What is a $50,000 jet to a billionaire who gives millions in charity away and has a heart for God and seeks His kingdom first? How many could he help that way?

Being poor is an attitude....

Why not ask for His kingdom first and a $50,000 jet if it helps you do that? Heaven will not go bankrupt I assure you. How much money is too much to have as a Christian? If someone just offered you a billion dollars, what would you do with it? Could God trust You with it? For most the answer is no. And many would not ask for it.

I totally get what you are saying though and agree a lot of money can get hard to handle. People stop giving and praying, and trusting more in the money then God. Our focus should be on God first. But dreaming is fine.
I don't think that there is a $50,000 jet in existence. Depending on size, range, model, and features, a private jet can set you back anywhere from $2 million to over $100 million.

I don't think that there is a $50,000 jet in existence. Depending on size, range, model, and features, a private jet can set you back anywhere from $2 million to over $100 million.

Something hawkman mentioned. I'd say it would be a gas guzzler. I personally would rather take a car. :biggrin

Well interesting enough, there are $50,000 private jets. ($50,000 an hour)

I'd question good stewardship/modesty. Anyhow, I don't consider prosperity gospel new age. I think it depends on the heart. You will reap what you sow. A good steward is considered wise in Proverbs.

Last edited:
No. It's obvious that you haven't read the article. You can rent the jet for $50,000 per hour.

Well edited anyway. It is nothing worth an argument over. It obviously costs more then $50,000 to own one and wasn't my original comment (edit: actually he added a few more zeroes I notice). Someone else had said it. If that is to rent, imagine how much it costs to own.

Last edited:

Unless you are saying private jets costs two million to hundred million here. $50,000 would be too cheap. :biggrin still too much. LOL!!!

Scripture speaks of believers as a peculiar people set aside for a purpose. To that end I would think God wills to equip believers with what He deems appropriate to achieve His own ends. Based on Scripture it seems most believers do not have high status or wealth though.

I would say it is a matter of the heart. The love of money is the root of all evil. Not money itself. I agree with what @for_his_glory said in that there is "Nothing wrong with wanting nice things, but when money becomes your idol you place above God then that is where the sin creeps in. I'd rather have God's riches and store my treasure up in heaven which will be our permanent home."
Amen !
What I wanted to point out is many of God's people immensely prospered following Him. Not just suffered no lack, but we're abundantly blessed.
With immense wealth comes immense responsibility .
What Esther had could have been likened to a $50,000 jet, and she saved the Jewish people.
Speaking of jets and being a good steward of money . @ 100k could have been saved by flying commercial airlines . I pray any of the money I share with ministries does not go for jet setting . Prosperity preachers are not the only ones riding it private jets at donors expense . https://trinityfi.org/investigation...of-ministry-owned-aircraft-flights/#more-2087
What is a $50,000 jet to a billionaire who gives millions in charity away and has a heart for God and seeks His kingdom first? How many could he help that way?
Who is this billionaire that gives millions to charity and has a heart for God and seeks his kingdom first ?
Why not ask for His kingdom first and a $50,000 jet if it helps you do that
I see the jet as an unnecessary expense when airline tickets would work and save money .
Heaven will not go bankrupt I assure you.
Money from heaven ?
How much money is too much to have as a Christian?
See if you think this prosperity preacher has lost touch with reality when you see his home and car .

Web capture_28-8-2021_15029_taddlr.com.jpeg
Web capture_28-8-2021_145921_taddlr.com.jpeg

If someone just offered you a billion dollars, what would you do with it?
Get the good news to a hurting world .
I totally get what you are saying though and agree a lot of money can get hard to handle.
The very bad part is the distortion of God's Word by men behind the pulpit .
People stop giving and praying, and trusting more in the money then God.
Never forget that "giving" is more than money ! Giving your time is more important , helping others who can't help themselves , working in a ministry . Pray I remember this too .
Our focus should be on God first.
Always .

Matthew 19:23; "Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven."

In the USA, most people are rich.
It is said that if you have a roof over your head, clothes on your back, food on your table, and access to transportation, then you are in the top 15% of the rich people in the world.

Do we ever think, "how hard is it really for me to get into the Kingdom of Heaven?

10. Crystals - "Amplify healing energy " no they do not .

Received a prophetic dream from another friend about these things just last night. He said they were all over the place, and the primary source of "light" in a large, dimly-lit area where people were being held captive in rooms with force fields blocking the doors.

It represents being in spiritual bondage.

Back