Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Obamacare repeal fails in U.S. Senate, 49-51

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Ugh,we have a local agency here who aren't affiliated with the government. Tcch,it will use our local indigent tax district if it's asked but usualy because of donations it doesn't have to often.
Next we have types of care net, the Christian based buggy bunch who also assists with maternity needs and focuses on mothering .
Here in our local area we have doctors that will, no longer deal with the Government. One of them charges fifty a month and you can see him any time you need. Another is currently working on my wife for her Osteoporosis and he will not accept medicare nor her insurance through the VA. He knows the scale and the government is supposed to pay 1400 and that leaves us to pay $390.

He said that he will never recieve the 1400, so e charges her the 390. There are a lot of, now, outlaw doctors.

Here in our local area we have doctors that will, no longer deal with the Government. One of them charges fifty a month and you can see him any time you need. Another is currently working on my wife for her Osteoporosis and he will not accept medicare nor her insurance through the VA. He knows the scale and the government is supposed to pay 1400 and that leaves us to pay $390.

He said that he will never recieve the 1400, so e charges her the 390. There are a lot of, now, outlaw doctors.
Those are basically starting soon here,i grew up.what you described as the doctors clinic.it was a group of a wide range of doctors with hospital priviledge.they left that group and it went away but it was cheap and they had a low price in house pharmacy.it was running into the early 2000's.cat scans and x ray were also done there.the very doctor who delivered me would often treat me later on.my town was that small .

As we here would like you to be......
Then please try to have a civil conversation with an opposing view based on evidence and not propaganda.

The web site I posted shows the relation between the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid.

MEDICAID is federally funded but implemented at the state level. This means that there is a federal minimum that the state's must meet. The rest is up to the state to regulate.
As such, different states will have different packages.

Yep! Tha
Those are basically starting soon here,i grew up.what you described as the doctors clinic.it was a group of a wide range of doctors with hospital priviledge.they left that group and it went away but it was cheap and they had a low price in house pharmacy.it was running into the early 2000's.cat scans and x ray were also done there.the very doctor who delivered me would often treat me later on.my town was that small .
That is exactly what is happening here. I live in the country but about fifteen miles from us is a group of Doctors and surgeons that have opemned their own Micro Hospital and the Doctor that did my daughter's Knee Replacements did the surgeries for the Medicare payments and he did them one at a time so that she would walk easier and that resulted in two hospital stays "in his hospital" so she stay there, cost free until she could successfully walk 25 foot om the new metal knees. The doctors that care re going rogue because of ObamaCare.

The web site I posted shows the relation between the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid.
Yes it does, and you are correct.
MEDICAID is federally funded but implemented at the state level. This means that there is a federal minimum that the state's must meet. The rest is up to the state to regulate.
As such, different states will have different packages.
And you are correct there also.
However, above we were talking about Medicare not Medicaid as you mention here:
States are in control of aspects to Medicare through federal funding, so it can still be controlled at the local level.
My point was and is that states have nothing to say about Medicare, period.

Yep! Tha

That is exactly what is happening here. I live in the country but about fifteen miles from us is a group of Doctors and surgeons that have opemned their own Micro Hospital and the Doctor that did my daughter's Knee Replacements did the surgeries for the Medicare payments and he did them one at a time so that she would walk easier and that resulted in two hospital stays "in his hospital" so she stay there, cost free until she could successfully walk 25 foot om the new metal knees. The doctors that care re going rogue because of ObamaCare.
I had no insurance and used the doctors clinic,and still would to save money.they dI'd accept insurance and the cause of the break up was due to insurance and then the in fighting.30 doctors at one time.

That said,my town never had a hospital until a nurse bought an old motel and made it the first one and drew doctors who lived on the same street .she was so good she ran the hospital for the county tax district until her death in 1983.she set up the hospital I was born in and I believe designed it.a simple nurse in 1938 dud this because she saw a need

That said,my town never had a hospital until a nurse bought an old motel and made it the first one and drew doctors who lived on the same street .she was so good she ran the hospital for the county tax district until her death in 1983.she set up the hospital I was born in and I believe designed it.a simple nurse in 1938 dud this because she saw a need
It was a lot easier to do things like that back then.........

It was a lot easier to do things like that back then.........
Of course but the point is that the need was seen and she saw the plight and didn't ask for taxes to help the sick.she used her money and skills and I'm sure she charged ,but the poor got help.

If that happened now ,well we can't because of education and so forth.she delivered babies .I'm not suggesting going backwards .

Of course but the point is that the need was seen and she saw the plight and didn't ask for taxes to help the sick.she used her money and skills and I'm sure she charged ,but the poor got help.

If that happened now ,well we can't because of education and so forth.she delivered babies .I'm not suggesting going backwards .
A lot of hospitals into the early 1900's were started in a like manner. A few people would see a need and start something up frequently in just a large house doing what they had the ability to do and then add to it as they had they were able. Many of these later became a town or city hospital and still exist today.

A lot of hospitals into the early 1900's were started in a like manner. A few people would see a need and start something up frequently in just a large house doing what they had the ability to do and then add to it as they had they were able. Many of these later became a town or city hospital and still exist today.
Ft pierce didn't have one ,oddly note Melbourne. The nearest was miami.strange isn't it given how much larger those towns were then and still are.

Yes it does, and you are correct.

And you are correct there also.
However, above we were talking about Medicare not Medicaid as you mention here:

My point was and is that states have nothing to say about Medicare, period.
Ahhh, and there in lies part of the misunderstanding. As jasonc pointed out earlier, which I conceded was I had confused Medicare with medicaid.

Based on the Medicare link I provided, there are differences from state to state in certain areas of Medicare, but as stated earlier, I was wrong to bring it up because I was wrong when I confused Medicaid with Medicare.

As such, let's move past this misunderstand and focus on the Affordable Care Act and it's Medicaid expansion.

Fair enough?

Jason was right. It's Medicaid, not Medicare. I stand corrected.

That being said, the ACA was an expansion of Medicaid. It is federally funded, but instituted at the state level. This is why the program varies from state to state.

You can research this yourself and as I conceded to Jason for my wrong, it would be nice if you could humble yourself to admit Obamacare can differ state to state depending on how that state instituted it.
civilwarbuff
This was on page 3.
You replied with a very ugly rant toward me, even after I conceded to you directly.

An apology would be nice.

Obamacare is obamacare no matter where you go in the country.....that is supposed to be one of the 'attributes' of it....it does not differ. Medicaid is an entirely different program and has been around for decades.....long before obamacare.
Thank you for conceeding on this.

We have a generation or three deep that think much is owed to them..They show zero respect for what they receive..
People dislocating their shoulder to get main meds.
parents bringing kids to the ER for a cold.
for 3 misquote bites real case brought the kid in about 3:00 AM
adults with self indulging depression .looking for meds (As apposed to the real thing.)
Physiologist playing with peoples heads to keep a case load to justify the payments.
Dr's saying come back next week when it is not necessary
patients suing hoping to make a quick buck. causes a the Dr malpractice insurance to climb . Also causes test to be run to cover the Dr's backside.

Brings me back to personal responsibility

We have a generation or three deep that think much is owed to them..They show zero respect for what they receive..
People dislocating their shoulder to get main meds.
parents bringing kids to the ER for a cold.
for 3 misquote bites real case brought the kid in about 3:00 AM
adults with self indulging depression .looking for meds (As apposed to the real thing.)
Physiologist playing with peoples heads to keep a case load to justify the payments.
Dr's saying come back next week when it is not necessary
patients suing hoping to make a quick buck. causes a the Dr malpractice insurance to climb . Also causes test to be run to cover the Dr's backside.

Brings me back to personal responsibility
I fail to see the relationship between your post and providing healthcare to those who need it.
In other words, while you bring up some good points, I don't think it's justification to withhold affordable healthcare to those that truly need it. Why? Because I believe you speak of the minority. They are the exception, not the rule.

I fail to see the relationship between your post and providing healthcare to those who need it.
In other words, while you bring up some good points, I don't think it's justification to withhold affordable healthcare to those that truly need it. Why? Because I believe you speak of the minority. They are the exception, not the rule.
I beg to differ.I have seen soldiers do that.

I beg to differ.I have seen soldiers do that.
You can beg to differ all you like, but you'll have to start showing some numbers if your going to sway me otherwise.

Again, I am not saying those things don't happen because we both know they do.

And if you want to use it as an argument against the Affordable Healthcare Act, then you've got a lot more to show me.And

Back