Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

ONE EDUCATED PERSPECTIVE ON "WHO IS SATAN?"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It was explained by the Lord Himself.

Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.”

37 He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.
The people and the enemy are all liars. This is the opposite of true and truth.
The wheat is true grain, and the tares are false grain. Actually, no grain at all.

If "you'll stick with the bible," then I'm sure you'll stick with Isaiah, Peter and Jude.

4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
2 Peter 2:4.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Jude 6.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Isaiah 14:15.

They say the angels that sinned were cast down to hell and "locked up." Do you accept this truth?
Of course. But how many of these angels and what sin? What does Isa 14:15 have to do with this discussion? It's about the king of Babylon.

In addition to Peter and Jude, I also stick with Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Acts:

Mat 8:28 And when he came to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men met him, coming out of the tombs, so fierce that no one could pass that way.
Mat 8:29 And behold, they cried out, “What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?”
Mat 8:30 Now a herd of many pigs was feeding at some distance from them.
Mat 8:31 And the demons begged him, saying, “If you cast us out, send us away into the herd of pigs.”
Mat 8:32 And he said to them, “Go.” So they came out and went into the pigs, and behold, the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and drowned in the waters.

Mar 3:22 And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, “He is possessed by Beelzebul,” and “by the prince of demons he casts out the demons.”
Mar 3:23 And he called them to him and said to them in parables, “How can Satan cast out Satan?
Mar 3:24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
Mar 3:28 “Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter,
Mar 3:29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”—
Mar 3:30 for they were saying, “He has an unclean spirit.”

Luk 10:17 The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!”
Luk 10:18 And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

Joh 10:20 Many of them said, “He has a demon, and is insane; why listen to him?”
Joh 10:21 Others said, “These are not the words of one who is oppressed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

Act 19:11 And God was doing extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul,
Act 19:12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons that had touched his skin were carried away to the sick, and their diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them.
Act 19:13 Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists undertook to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, “I adjure you by the Jesus whom Paul proclaims.”
Act 19:14 Seven sons of a Jewish high priest named Sceva were doing this.
Act 19:15 But the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I recognize, but who are you?”
Act 19:16 And the man in whom was the evil spirit leaped on them, mastered all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

(All ESV.)

Do you accept the truth that demons possessed people during Jesus's and the Apostles' ministries and that the Jews believed in the existence of demons? There are 60 verses that mention demons, and another 11 that mention unclean spirits (which is another term for demons).

I suggest you as a Christian put more weight on two apostles of the Lord and pillars of the early Church and Isaiah who say the angels that sinned were cast down to hell delivered in chains of darkness and reserved to judgment day. You and the others continue to reject those truths in order to maintain your pet theories and that is a troubling position to be in. You obviously do not believe God is Sovereign. You actually believe God creates humans and angels and can't control His creations.
I stick with the Lord Himself. The testimony on cast to the earth in Rev 12 is cohesive with His testimony. You don't know all of whom were locked up. Satan isn't a possible answer if you believe Jesus's testimony. I believe God allows freewill. God's stated outcome of all will come to pass.

Do you accept the truth that demons possessed people during Jesus's and the Apostles' ministries and that the Jews believed in the existence of demons? There are 60 verses that mention demons, and another 11 that mention unclean spirits (which is another term for demons).
Let me share my thinking to answer your question.
I believe God created the heaven and the earth (Gen. 1:1.)
Finished, done, complete.
I believe in an old universe and a young mankind (around 6000 years.)
I also believe that Jeremiah and Isaiah reveal some things that happen before man was created and that is the angels of God of whom had ministry on earth (cherubs) and in heaven (seraphims).
I believe there is only ONE God, there is NONE like Him, and He gives His glory to NO ONE.
Thus, with this in mind any creation of God will be fallen short of His glory. The word for that is sin (harmatia "missing the mark.") What is the "mark?"
The glory of God, or the glory that is God.
I also believe that for a Righteous God to create an unrighteous being(s) would bring His character into question. But Scripture reveals that a lamb was slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world. This made me question why a lamb was slain before angel and man were created. Then I think I understood.
I believe in the theology of what's called "the Gap Theory."
I believe the angels that were created, at least some of them, had ministry on the planet, Lucifer specifically 'guarded' the throne of God on earth and this throne is on the "mountain of God." David identifies this as near or at Jerusalem. Makes sense.
I believe God knew He was creating sinful beings - angel, and then man - but had a plan waiting. Before Genesis 1:2 is when God "found" sin in Lucifer who merely thought about rebellion and was swiftly dealt with by God. Since the gifts and calling of God are without repentance God could not remove Lucifer and the angels that sinned from their ministries on the earth so God destroyed the planet. No planet, no ministry.
The angels that sinned were cast down to hell, delivered in chains of darkness and reserved to judgment day.
God beginning in Genesis 1:2 restores/recreates the heaven and earth, creates man who is sinful and he and the woman sin. Sin comes from sinner.
In my studies there is no mention of an angel named "Satan" but as the word "adversary" is also used to describe men and man, and there is no mention of "demons" or "devils" in the Old Testament the way the Gentile Church believes them today I found there had to be another answer for the angels that sinned were locked up, what's the reason for sin in the world. The answer is solely on man.
I searched and did word studies and historical studies and Israel never dealt with any entity named "Satan" and could not be as the word is used of man as well. "Demons" and "devils," and "Satan" have been used as adjectives in places and this taught me I cannot make these adjectives where I found them into nouns or pronouns or personal pronouns. There wasn't consistency. So, what am I dealing with? Then the verse in Mark how the man was healed by Jesus and in his right mind was interesting. I thought long and hard about this and I came to realize that there were many places in Scripture Jesus healing physical illness and sickness but nowhere does He heal people with mental disabilities and sicknesses. The man "in his right mind" informed me in this closer study that Jesus did indeed cure mental sickness and disabilities right here in Mark 5 (and other places.) So, having said all this I hold until the Lord informs my belief to go in another direction that "demons" and "devils" and "evil spirits" are attitudes in mankind.
Sin doesn't only affect us physically, spiritually, eternally, emotionally, but also mentally.
Do I have all the answers? No, I don't. But I do know the Scripture says the angels that sinned are locked up and not loose on the planet. Posting and interacting here with others sharpens me because I am challenged to back up my holding and I do. But the theology of fallen angels in the Gentile Church today is so ingrained, and without biblical support, in their minds that no matter what I say which proves these things about 2 Peter 2:5, or Jude 1:6 doesn't matter to most everyone and that is troubling. Not to me, but when someone is so ingrained and indoctrinated in a certain belief-system it's difficult for the Holy Spirit to take them from glory to glory and grow them because they won't let go despite Scripture that contradicts their beliefs.

I stick with the Lord Himself. The testimony on cast to the earth in Rev 12 is cohesive with His testimony. You don't know all of whom were locked up. Satan isn't a possible answer if you believe Jesus's testimony. I believe God allows freewill. God's stated outcome of all will come to pass.
First, did God lock up the angels that did not sin?
When it says the "angels that sinned" that would cover ALL the angels that sinned for God would not lock up the angels that did not sin.
There are only two groups of angels. Those that sinned and those that didn't.

Second, if angels and man have free will as you say and if God intervenes in something with regard to one of His creations (angel and man) exercising their free will then this destroys their so-called free will. If God created angel and man with free will then any interference in their will by the will of God proves they have no free will for it is not "free" if there is an outside influence overruling their will.

That's true but this is addressed to Jewish Christians who accepted Christ as their long-awaited Messiah in fulfillment of their covenants and prophecies. Paul was writing to Jewish Christians.
That could be truth but the word of God is not limited to one sect either Jewish or Gentile God is not a Jewish man he is a eternal spirt without form it go out into the whole world not just the jewish world jerusalem God is no respecter or nations he infallibly informs whosoever has not the Spirit of Christ the Holy Spirit of God then neither are they born again from above

This does not describe parentage of Jerusalem or the Israel people but that their sins were not only as worse as the father who was Canaanite and a by word for moral decadence but the mother also who was wretched just the same at the Amorite who inhabited Canaan.

Two parentages one seen the other not

It would seem you are confusing the literal historical with the unseen things of God the spiritual.

The parentage or genealogy of the Son of man Jesus called the generation of Christ unlike the what is called evil generating natural unconverted mankind Adam

In beginning of that genealogy it begins with Abraham a name change from Abram "exalted father of one father of one nation" To Abraham to denote born again of God His name as a metaphor literally meaning the father of all the nations of the world those born again in ward Jew were used as a parable to all the sounding pagan nations until the new testament, called the time of reformation . .the shadow became substance . . the high wall that separated the Jewish women preventing from the ceremonies and another high wall separating the Gentile from the Jew . . . all walls came tumbling down a Gospel expulsion one like never before or ever again A great joy for the believing Jew. A great Tribulation. . for the outward who was hoping in his dying flesh could profir eneve jesu said of His flesh it seen profits for nothing (John 6) its the unseen living word of the Spirt of Christ the teaching spirt of God that can

The physicals fleshly outward seeds many

Matthew 1:1The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

the unseen parentage te spiritual seed looking back to the beginning the foundation of the mater or doctrine of both

Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God..

Seth was given in replacement of Abel

The spiritual seed (born again) was reckoned after the second born Abel .Cain the first born seeing no interest in the unseen things of God. Cain murdered Abel the second born the first sufferings martyr leading up to the cross Jesus

parables like a two sided coin one side not see, the faith side the other dark, fading dying,

And who is this "devil" which is an adjective?
And don't say a fallen angel because the angels that sinned are locked up.
Devil has been shown as interchangeable with Satan.
At that time Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil.

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only

The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Jesus casting out demons and being tempted by Satan is cohesive with them being cast to the earth not bound in chains.

First, did God lock up the angels that did not sin?
When it says the "angels that sinned" that would cover ALL the angels that sinned for God would not lock up the angels that did not sin.
There are only two groups of angels. Those that sinned and those that didn't.

Second, if angels and man have free will as you say and if God intervenes in something with regard to one of His creations (angel and man) exercising their free will then this destroys their so-called free will. If God created angel and man with free will then any interference in their will by the will of God proves they have no free will for it is not "free" if there is an outside influence overruling their will.
If the angel of the abyss is locked up then yes God did lock up some. Clearly the several other testimonies given show Satan and demons on earth that were not locked up.

Let me share my thinking to answer your question.
I also believe that Jeremiah and Isaiah reveal some things that happen before man was created and that is the angels of God of whom had ministry on earth (cherubs) and in heaven (seraphims).
I believe there is only ONE God, there is NONE like Him, and He gives His glory to NO ONE.
Thus, with this in mind any creation of God will be fallen short of His glory. The word for that is sin (harmatia "missing the mark.") What is the "mark?"
Hamartia is only one of several terms for sin, in both the OT and NT. It would be error to limit our understanding of sin to one definition alone. All sin is directed against God and that is what all the terms for sin point to.

Is it? Or is it God's requirements of humans; a falling short of his law and his commands?

I also believe that for a Righteous God to create an unrighteous being(s) would bring His character into question.
Yes, I agree, which is why he didn't create humans sinful.

But Scripture reveals that a lamb was slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world.
Where is the verse that states this?

This made me question why a lamb was slain before angel and man were created. Then I think I understood.
Be careful with figures of speech.

Why? What evidence is there to believe in Gap Theory?

I believe the angels that were created, at least some of them, had ministry on the planet, Lucifer specifically 'guarded' the throne of God on earth and this throne is on the "mountain of God." David identifies this as near or at Jerusalem. Makes sense.
I believe God knew He was creating sinful beings - angel, and then man - but had a plan waiting. Before Genesis 1:2 is when God "found" sin in Lucifer who merely thought about rebellion and was swiftly dealt with by God. Since the gifts and calling of God are without repentance God could not remove Lucifer and the angels that sinned from their ministries on the earth so God destroyed the planet. No planet, no ministry.
Is there actually a being in the Bible named Lucifer? I think if you study that, you may find that there isn't.

The angels that sinned were cast down to hell, delivered in chains of darkness and reserved to judgment day.
But, how many of the angels that God created sinned and were cast down to hell?

God beginning in Genesis 1:2 restores/recreates the heaven and earth, creates man who is sinful and he and the woman sin. Sin comes from sinner.
In my studies there is no mention of an angel named "Satan" but as the word "adversary" is also used to describe men and man, and there is no mention of "demons" or "devils" in the Old Testament the way the Gentile Church believes them today I found there had to be another answer for the angels that sinned were locked up, what's the reason for sin in the world. The answer is solely on man.
I searched and did word studies and historical studies and Israel never dealt with any entity named "Satan" and could not be as the word is used of man as well. "Demons" and "devils," and "Satan" have been used as adjectives in places and this taught me I cannot make these adjectives where I found them into nouns or pronouns or personal pronouns. There wasn't consistency.
Where, exactly, are those words used as adjectives? What about the times they are used as nouns?

So, what am I dealing with? Then the verse in Mark how the man was healed by Jesus and in his right mind was interesting. I thought long and hard about this and I came to realize that there were many places in Scripture Jesus healing physical illness and sickness but nowhere does He heal people with mental disabilities and sicknesses. The man "in his right mind" informed me in this closer study that Jesus did indeed cure mental sickness and disabilities right here in Mark 5 (and other places.) So, having said all this I hold until the Lord informs my belief to go in another direction that "demons" and "devils" and "evil spirits" are attitudes in mankind.
Really? You think that the healing of the man (men) in Mark 5 (cf. Matt 8 and Luke 8) was a healing of mental illness? There are several significant problems with such a position.

First, Mark (and Luke) state that the man had an "unclean spirit." Second, he was able to break chains and shackles. Third, he knew who Jesus was--"Son of the Most High God." Fourth, the name of the unclean spirit was "Legion." Why? Because "we are many." They "begged [Jesus] earnestly not to send them out of the country." Rather, "they begged him, saying, 'Send us into the pigs; let us enter them." The result was that they entered the pigs, which then drowned in the sea.

Your position cannot account for any of those facts. First, we know that at least some mental illness is caused by chemical imbalance or traumatic experiences, particularly as a child or even in utero; it's physiological. Other mental illness is a state of mind that can be caused by current experiences. It would not only be strange that a mental illness would be called an "unclean spirit," it would be factually incorrect.

Second, mental illness can make someone violent, but it does not give them superhuman strength so that they can break chains and shackles. Third, mental illness does not give someone supernatural knowledge. We see in Mark 1:34 that Jesus "would not permit the demons to speak, because they knew him." Compare that with what the people thought:

Fourth, mental illness being a physiological problem or a state of mind, it simply cannot be the case that it can be cast out, much less into a herd of pigs who then drown in the sea. The healing of mental illness would be no different than physical illness or deformity; it would simply result in a healed person. Jesus didn't cast leprosy or blindness onto pigs.

Beyond just that particular account, there are other problems your position cannot account for.

Mat 9:34 But the Pharisees said, “He casts out demons by the prince of demons.” (ESV)

Mat 12:22 Then a demon-oppressed man who was blind and mute was brought to him, and he healed him, so that the man spoke and saw.
Mat 12:23 And all the people were amazed, and said, “Can this be the Son of David?”
Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons.”
Mat 12:25 Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand.
Mat 12:26 And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?
Mat 12:27 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges.
Mat 12:28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. (ESV)

How is it, if demons are actually mental illness, that they have a prince? What is "the prince of" mental illness, and why does it have the name Beelzebul? Why would Jesus then, based on such thoughts, start talking about a "kingdom divided against itself is laid waste? Why would he then talk of Satan's kingdom? Is there a kingdom of mental illness that has as its prince, Beelzebul?

Mat 12:43 “When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, but finds none.
Mat 12:44 Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when it comes, it finds the house empty, swept, and put in order.
Mat 12:45 Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and dwell there, and the last state of that person is worse than the first. So also will it be with this evil generation.” (ESV)

Again, notice that this is an "unclean spirit," so claiming it is mental illness would make that statement factually incorrect. But how is it that Jesus could cast out mental illness, only to have the mental illness wander through "waterless places seeking rest," only to return and enter the person? Why does mental illness need a rest? Not only that, that mental illness brings seven more mental illness even more severe?

Sin doesn't only affect us physically, spiritually, eternally, emotionally, but also mentally.
Do I have all the answers? No, I don't. But I do know the Scripture says the angels that sinned are locked up and not loose on the planet.
And, yet, throughout Jesus's ministry we clearly see spiritual beings, known as demons and unclean spirits, possessing people, even to the point of causing physical issues and giving superhuman strength.

Posting and interacting here with others sharpens me because I am challenged to back up my holding and I do. But the theology of fallen angels in the Gentile Church today is so ingrained, and without biblical support, in their minds that no matter what I say which proves these things about 2 Peter 2:5, or Jude 1:6 doesn't matter to most everyone and that is troubling.
On the contrary, there is full biblical support for demons and their leader, also known as "the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan" (Rev 20:2), as I have shown.

Not to me, but when someone is so ingrained and indoctrinated in a certain belief-system it's difficult for the Holy Spirit to take them from glory to glory and grow them because they won't let go despite Scripture that contradicts their beliefs.
Yes, exactly.

Really? You think that the healing of the man (men) in Mark 5 (cf. Matt 8 and Luke 8) was a healing of mental illness? There are several significant problems with such a position.

First, Mark (and Luke) state that the man had an "unclean spirit."
Unclean attitudes. The first thing Jesus did when ministering to someone with a mental disease was to subdue their mind/attitude with a "Be silent" or "Shut up!"
Second, he was able to break chains and shackles.
Why would they shackle the man? So he wouldn't hurt himself.
So what kind of shackles? Don't think too highly. Maybe they were not the shackles we can make today. So he was strong.
Third, he knew who Jesus was--"Son of the Most High God."
A great deal of people knew who Jesus was. His fame spread far abroad. Everyone was talking about this Jesus.
Fourth, the name of the unclean spirit was "Legion." Why? Because "we are many."
That was the man's name.
There were two of them but in his mind which was warped he had delusions of grandeur.
They "begged [Jesus] earnestly not to send them out of the country." Rather, "they begged him, saying, 'Send us into the pigs; let us enter them." The result was that they entered the pigs, which then drowned in the sea.
Yes. I've walked into a room and sensed a heaviness and oppression. I didn't know what it was until I looked into people's countenances and found the one with an attitude. When Jesus changed the man's attitude the pigs were spooked just as if you'd walk into a room and sense an oppressive "spirit" (attitude.)
Other mental illness is a state of mind that can be caused by current experiences. It would not only be strange that a mental illness would be called an "unclean spirit," it would be factually incorrect.
Well, science today discounts the spiritual aspect to man and look to find something that would explain such mental disease. What was it in the past? Shock treatment. Ah, but we've improved our science but still discount God in anything having to do with man.
Second, mental illness can make someone violent, but it does not give them superhuman strength so that they can break chains and shackles. Third, mental illness does not give someone supernatural knowledge. We see in Mark 1:34 that Jesus "would not permit the demons to speak, because they knew him." Compare that with what the people thought:
The right to reveal Himself belongs to God and Christ. Let God do it in His time.
Fourth, mental illness being a physiological problem or a state of mind, it simply cannot be the case that it can be cast out, much less into a herd of pigs who then drown in the sea.
Jesus healed the body which is different from the mind of which is part of the soul which is immaterial, and you can't see it. But you can definitely feel it.
Beyond just that particular account, there are other problems your position cannot account for.
How is it, if demons are actually mental illness, that they have a prince? What is "the prince of" mental illness, and why does it have the name Beelzebul?
That's how they interpreted something they could not understand as a people with a religious background as opposed to doctors today who don't have a religious background, are secular, reject God in any of their science, and inject humanism into their social norms.
Why does mental illness need a rest? Not only that, that mental illness brings seven more mental illness even more severe?
Ever backslide? First you are clean and then you revert to the sin and flesh when you fail to make your salvation sure.
And, yet, throughout Jesus's ministry we clearly see spiritual beings, known as demons and unclean spirits, possessing people, even to the point of causing physical issues and giving superhuman strength.
PCP can do that.
On the contrary, there is full biblical support for demons and their leader, also known as "the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan" (Rev 20:2), as I have shown.
Yes, exactly.
The angels that sinned are locked up.
Find another interpretation and understanding for these "demons" and "devils" and "evil spirits." You can't make an adjective into a noun and hope to be grammatically correct, let alone biblically sound.

If the angel of the abyss is locked up then yes God did lock up some. Clearly the several other testimonies given show Satan and demons on earth that were not locked up.
It says the angels that sinned are locked up. Nowhere does it say some angels that sinned are locked up.

Hamartia is only one of several terms for sin, in both the OT and NT. It would be error to limit our understanding of sin to one definition alone. All sin is directed against God and that is what all the terms for sin point to.
Yes, transgression which is used with regard to the Law.
Iniquity. Sin. It has to do with the context by which a certain word is used but it all means the same thing. Falling short. And for that the judgment is death.
Is it? Or is it God's requirements of humans; a falling short of his law and his commands?
Sin comes from sinner. Adam and the woman sinned. They were not holy or righteous or sinless. These are the nature and attributes of God and He gives no one His glory.
Yes, I agree, which is why he didn't create humans sinful.
There is only ONE God. God did not reduplicate or copy or mimic any part of His Deific attributes and nature in His creation. If Adam possessed any ONE Deific attribute or nature of God he would by necessity HAVE TO POSSESS ALL the deific attributes and nature of God or he would still fall short. Only ONE PERSON can stand before a Holy and Righteous God blameless and that is a Holy Son, the second Adam. He was holy, He was righteous. He did no sin.
Adam was not holy. Adam was not righteous. He sinned because sin comes from sinner.

13 As saith the proverb of the ancients, Wickedness proceedeth from the wicked:
1 Sam. 24:13.

It sure does not come from holy.
Where is the verse that states this?
The plan of God for man and His elect was arranged before God created heaven earth and man. All God is doing is following that plan.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Rev. 13:7–8.

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 1 Peter 1:19–20.

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Eph. 1:3–4.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. Jn. 17:24.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mt. 25:34.

24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us: 25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. Heb. 9:24–26.

It all ties in.
Be careful with figures of speech.
I don't spiritualize every verse I read like someone I know. I take the Scripture literally as written FIRST and then seek out the spiritual lesson since the Law is spiritual and holy.
Why? What evidence is there to believe in Gap Theory?
For the fact that it says in Genesis 1:1 God created the heaven and the earth. Finished. Done. Complete.
So, what happened to it to render it empty, without form, and darkness upon the face of the deep? Some kind of cataclysmic event happened. God turned the world upside down in His fierce anger when "there was no man" (no "Adam.")

Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste,
And turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.
Isaiah 24:1.

23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void;
And the heavens, and they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled,
And all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, (adam)
And all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness,
And all the cities thereof were broken down
At the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
Jer. 4:23–26.
Is there actually a being in the Bible named Lucifer? I think if you study that, you may find that there isn't.
I know there is no being called "Satan."
But, how many of the angels that God created sinned and were cast down to hell?
The angels that sinned.
Where, exactly, are those words used as adjectives? What about the times they are used as nouns?
If there's no consistency in Scripture, there can be no consistency in doctrine.

I also believe that for a Righteous God to create an unrighteous being(s) would bring His character into question. But Scripture reveals that a lamb was slain from [before] the foundation (creation) of the world. This made me question why a lamb was slain before angel and man were created. Then I think I understood.
In the beginning. . not prior to it. as some mystical creation of formless being that can take on form.as shift changers

No such creation. lucifer the spirit sent by God designed to protect the glory of God represented by the 12 stones of the priesthood of God .

Satan became jealous and hated his place as representation of the glory of the creature. He took it upon himself usurping the glory of God coming in the form of the most beautiful creature in the garden and in order to deceive mankind the creature spoke the lies of the evil one challenging the authority of God living word finding pride in the heart , God Spirit of light departed and day four set up the two temporal time source winding down to the last day under the sun

As a metaphor a lamb slain from the foundation the six days he did work . Using a lamb in ceremonial laws shadows as a sign to the unbelieving world. Lamb a clean animal to represent the redeemed using a Ass as a beast of burden to represent the unredeemed. When born i the Ass used to represent a unbeliever if it is not redeemed with a lamb the neck is broken to indicate under the judgment of God.

God in order to expose the counterfeiter Lucifer . Put his words on the mouth of the ass just as the father of lies on the mouth of the serpent The power of the words stopped the madness of the false apostle. . false prophet Balaam in order to teach us God is not served by human hand as the will of the creatures Satan fled the scene having no form to expose his lying wonders

Exodus 13:13 And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem.
the witness of two

Exodus 34:20 But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.
The testimony

Numbers 22:28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

Job 16:5 But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should asswage your grief.

Same words that strengthen us yoked with him today

In the beginning. . not prior to it. as some mystical creation of formless being that can take on form.as shift changers
What are you talking about?
No such creation. lucifer the spirit sent by God designed to protect the glory of God represented by the 12 stones of the priesthood of God .
Satan became jealous and hated his place as representation of the glory of the creature.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. Ezek. 28:17.

His 'heart' was lifted up because of his beauty not because he was jealous.
He took it upon himself usurping the glory of God coming in the form of the most beautiful creature in the garden and in order to deceive mankind the creature spoke the lies of the evil one challenging the authority of God living word finding pride in the heart , God Spirit of light departed and day four set up the two temporal time source winding down to the last day under the sun
Man can do that, too, and in the Garden he/she did.
Angels have no creative attribute. They cannot create anything. So, being created as he was is the only appearance he can exhibit.
As a metaphor a lamb slain from the foundation the six days he did work . Using a lamb in ceremonial laws shadows as a sign to the unbelieving world. Lamb a clean animal to represent the redeemed using a Ass as a beast of burden to represent the unredeemed. When born i the Ass used to represent a unbeliever if it is not redeemed with a lamb the neck is broken to indicate under the judgment of God.
No, there was something more significant and real in Revelation 13:8, not metaphor.
God in order to expose the counterfeiter Lucifer . Put his words on the mouth of the ass just as the father of lies on the mouth of the serpent The power of the words stopped the madness of the false apostle. . false prophet Balaam in order to teach us God is not served by human hand as the will of the creatures Satan fled the scene having no form to expose his lying wonders
As soon as Lucifer thought about ascending into second heaven God dealt swiftly with him and his compadres and cast them all down to hell, delivered in chains of darkness, and reserved for the judgment day.
Exodus 13:13 And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem.
the witness of two
Exodus 34:20 But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.
The testimony
Numbers 22:28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
Job 16:5 But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should asswage your grief.
Same words that strengthen us yoked with him today

It says the angels that sinned are locked up. Nowhere does it say some angels that sinned are locked up.
It does state the angels that were involved in the rebellion along with their leader Satan were kicked out or cast out or thrown to the earth. With a woe in that regard to the inhabitants of the earth and noted Satan leads the whole world astray. (12) As Jesus also testified the one who sows the weeds.

It is stated Jesus was tempted by the Devil or Satan. That He cast out demons by the Spirit of God.

Why would there be a dispute with one bound in chains in Hell? How would one bound in hell even know about Moses?
But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

You think this testimony was made up for its quite clear?

Some Jews went around driving out evil spirits. They tried to use the name of the Lord Jesus to set free those who were controlled by demons. They said, “In Jesus’ name I command you to come out. He is the Jesus that Paul is preaching about.” 14 Seven sons of Sceva were doing this. Sceva was a Jewish chief priest. 15 One day the evil spirit answered them, “I know Jesus. And I know about Paul. But who are you?” 16 Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on Sceva’s sons. He overpowered them all. He gave them a terrible beating. They ran out of the house naked and bleeding.

What are you talking about?
I am talking and offering my idea about others using one's imagination to make up thier own doctrines of men

There is no invisible hidden creation created prior to creation that some call angels a word the means messenger in english Apostles sent with the word of God .How beautiful are there feet shod with the gospel Abel the first listed also firs martyr

Mankind from my experience have all but destroyed the purpose of apostles they plant incorruptible seed (born again) and water it with the water of the word (gospel) But if any growth allpower is attributed to our unsen Holy Father

Its when men change the definition violating the warning (deuteronomy 4:2) not to add new meaning to one word .spiritual plagiarism .Did God really say????

Oral traditons of the fathers (two kinds of fathers)

Changing the word Apostles "sent ones" to "highly venerable puffed up ones". We can know the father of lies is right there defending his lies called puffed up, false pride ones . . highly venerable sinners

His 'heart' was lifted up because of his beauty not because he was jealous.
It was not his beauty as a lying spirt he has no form he works in unconverted mankind having usurped the glory of God represented by stones used ton the breastplate of righteousness (God's) worn by a priest to remind them as a shdow where glory comes from and returns to,

The father of lies is not the glory of stones .he can create nothing having no power . rather than guard the glory he usurped it give the lying idea he was the Faithful and true Creator.

The wile of the devil, , , Look at my beauty and live surely you will not die. that most beautiful creatures legs were cut off he could no longer walk with God as guardian of God's glory

Revelation 21:10-11 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

The foundation

Ezekiel 28: 11-15 Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stoen was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee

Some say the serpent a word from serpentine is described as multicolored like some of the sea creature .the spirt of error Legion lost that glow when his feet was cut off.

It does state the angels that were involved in the rebellion along with their leader Satan were kicked out or cast out or thrown to the earth. With a woe in that regard to the inhabitants of the earth and noted Satan leads the whole world astray. (12) As Jesus also testified the one who sows the weeds.
You agree the angels that sinned are locked up (restricted) then you say the one that sows the tares is "Satan."
What is he? On parole?
It is stated Jesus was tempted by the Devil or Satan. That He cast out demons by the Spirit of God.
Why would there be a dispute with one bound in chains in Hell? How would one bound in hell even know about Moses?
But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”
You keep interpreting "devil" as "Satan" (as Lucifer?). If the angels that sinned are locked up (restricted) then you'll have to come to another understanding of "devil" "demons" and "Satan." You keep trying to personalize an adjective.
You think this testimony was made up for its quite clear?
Some Jews went around driving out evil spirits. They tried to use the name of the Lord Jesus to set free those who were controlled by demons. They said, “In Jesus’ name I command you to come out. He is the Jesus that Paul is preaching about.” 14 Seven sons of Sceva were doing this. Sceva was a Jewish chief priest. 15 One day the evil spirit answered them, “I know Jesus. And I know about Paul. But who are you?” 16 Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on Sceva’s sons. He overpowered them all. He gave them a terrible beating. They ran out of the house naked and bleeding.
Then their kingdom is divided.
Unbelievers can drive out evil attitudes. This is what they did as Jesus reveals their conduct.
It says THE MAN jumped on them.

Back