Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] POST HERE TO MAKE A COMMENT ON THE DEBATE

No human is born already knowing how to walk,or hop,or leap
around. God made man seperate from the animals,amen.

Alot of animals aren't born knowing how to walk, hop, or leap around either.

Atheists are a dying breed.

So, the government is lying, once again? I can see why you'd think that :roll:

8-) The animals sure learn to walk much faster than the humans do.
The Government may believe that it's doing what is right,but I cannot
accept a global religious system that says the bible cannot be taken at
it's word,and that Jesus is not the only way to God. I believe he is.
Religious tolerance is the in words for today,and you are not tolerant if
you teach about Jesus Christ being the only way to God or take the bible
literally as it's written. My freedoms are slipping away like the others who
are christians like me.When all this happens,where will you fit in?
You'll have to pick a religion,and because you accept evolution,that won't
be much of a jump for you when the time comes.
How can atheism grow when the world is all about religion,and religious
tolerance,ect.....
The world is globally trying to spread religious tolerance and freedom
of religion,not atheism!
Am I just making this up? Why would I do that?

blueeyeliner said:
Religious tolerance is the in words for today,and you are not tolerant if you teach about Jesus Christ being the only way to God or take the bible
literally as it's written.
Actually, you've got that right... If you teach that the ONLY way to God is your way, and no other, you're not being tolerant.
Bravo on this realisation... Now all you have to do is start being tolerant of others.
My freedoms are slipping away like the others who
are christians like me.
What freedoms?
The freedom to worship whatever religion you choose? (or not worship at all, if you so choose) You still have that.
The freedom to worship in the manner you choose? As long as it doesn't harm anyone else, you still have that.
The freedom to spread bigotry and intolerance? Why would you want that, since that is the freedom you're losing?
When all this happens,where will you fit in?
It's already happened... well, supposedly... It's just that some groups seem to want everyone to believe in God like they do, and want to remove the freedoms people currently have. (the fundamental religious groups, mainly)
You'll have to pick a religion
No we won't... Not unless those nasty fundamentalists get their way...
and because you accept evolution,that won't be much of a jump for you when the time comes.
Back to the "evolution is a religion" arguement again?
How can atheism grow when the world is all about religion,and religious tolerance,ect.....
The world is globally trying to spread religious tolerance and freedom
of religion,not atheism!
That includes the freedom not to have a religion, so Atheism would be fine...
Am I just making this up? Why would I do that?
I refuse to comment on that...

The Tuatha'an said:
A diarrhea of posts...
I agree. It is good posting etiquette to not post multiple posts. Posts that are minutes apart could easily be combined into one post. Blue, please don't take this as a warning...there are many here who do it sometimes too. Unfortunately, it is not part of the rules. It is though, one of those 'unwritten' rules. Hey, even I have done it a couple of times. :oops:

Just hopping in this series of ignorances to let you know that I've been busy this weekend but I'm going to finally post a rebuttal tomorrow (Tuesday).

BL

We have been having fun insulting each other while you were away BL!

:smt021 :smt064 :evil: :D

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
BL has a good point, no one has commented on the debate for quite a while. Oops.

That's cuz a certain SOMEBODY, not going to name any names....*cough* BlueLightning *cough*....hasn't been posting!

But that's alright, you have your excuse.

:D

Enjoying the debate... looking forward to BL to kick off again.

2-0 to BL.... how many times does Tua have to hit the canvas before we declare a winner?

:) :)

Gary_Bee said:
2-0 to BL.... how many times does Tua have to hit the canvas before we declare a winner?

What? Since when is this a comptetition. I formally invited someone to debate. No winner proposed. 2 posts each topic. How can you declare a winner, when we don't get fully into specifics, Gary? Or is it just because you are overly biased? We're not even discussing God.

Oh, but didn't you know Tuatha'an? Evolution says God's wrong! :roll:

keebs said:
Oh, but didn't you know Tuatha'an? Evolution says God's wrong! :roll:

Ooooh right, my bad. I concede defeat and hang my head in shame..... :roll:

2-0 to BL

Gary: 2-0 to BL.... how many times does Tua have to hit the canvas before we declare a winner?

Tua: What? Since when is this a comptetition. I formally invited someone to debate. No winner proposed. 2 posts each topic. How can you declare a winner, when we don't get fully into specifics, Gary?

Gary: The normal procedure is that observers of a debate declare a winner of that debate. All I am saying is that so far, in the topics covered, BL has knocked you to the canvas twice already. I was wondering how many times this had to happen before you realised that he had defeated you (in the debate). 1, 2, 3, 4..... 10 times? By the way, YOU proposed 2 posts per topic. If you are unable to articulate you position in that number of posts, why did YOU propose that format? Are you now suggesting that you are doing so badly because of the format.... or because you can't articulate yourself well.... OR because your theory is being exposed? Which is it?

By the way, this is a thread to DISCUSS the debate. Hence I can (and will) continue to keep score.

Better "luck" in the next few rounds Tua.
May God bless you BL.

Gary

Everyone has to observe the debate and decide for themselves who they think is the winner.

BL posted that a new topic is coming....can't wait. 8-)

Darck Marck said:
Everyone has to observe the debate and decide for themselves who they think is the winner.

Gary: What do you think of the debate so far? How are each doing? Who has won each topic so far?

Gary_Bee said:
[quote="Darck Marck":6f188]Everyone has to observe the debate and decide for themselves who they think is the winner.

Gary: What do you think of the debate so far? How are each doing? Who has won each topic so far?

.[/quote:6f188]

Well, I thought BL's opening topic was well thought out, and was a fair critisism(if I remember what it was correctly that is). Tua's rebuttal didn't look so great, too many I don't knows(2 or 3 IIRC). The next arguement about the ERVs, Tua did better with, although BL still won that as well, Lets say Tua didn't lose as bad that time.

BL-2 Tua-0

Just my observations and opinions. (I have to call it like I see'em.)

Darck Marck said:
[quote="Gary_Bee":b7725][quote="Darck Marck":b7725]Everyone has to observe the debate and decide for themselves who they think is the winner.

.[/quote:b7725]

Well, I thought BL's opening topic was well thought out, and was a fair critisism(if I remember what it was correctly that is). Tua's rebuttal didn't look so great, too many I don't knows(2 or 3 IIRC). The next arguement about the ERVs, Tua did better with, although BL still won that as well, Lets say Tua didn't lose as bad that time.

BL-2 Tua-0

Just my observations and opinions. (I have to call it like I see'em.)[/quote:b7725]

Even though I agree BL has been more convincing so far, The Tuatha'an still knows what he's talking about. I'm lovin' this debate

Back