Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Praise and Worship

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Praise and Worship P&W

Most (if not all) Christian Musicians believe there is a big difference between P&W. This is judged by the nature of the songs sang unto God.

Most non-musician (especially pastors) disagree, saying: P&W mean the same.

Your contributions, please.

Praise and Worship P&W

Most (if not all) Christian Musicians believe there is a big difference between P&W. This is judged by the nature of the songs sang unto God.

Most non-musician (especially pastors) disagree, saying: P&W mean the same.

Your contributions, please.
Praise--loud, bright, outwardly dramatic song. "This is the Day" "Lord, I lift Your Name on High"

Worship--quiet, subdued, inwardly emotional song. "As the Deer (Panteth)" "Revelation Song" "Grace Flows Down"

Last edited by a moderator:
Praise and worship are fundamentally different things, you can praise a man but you cannot worship him.

Praising God is simply expounding upon his glories, worship is acknowledgement of Him as your Creator and Savior. Praise is external, worship is internal.

Jet, you really deserve a Private JET.
And you can be first to ride with me on it...along with felix, lol (if you know what I mean from the discussion in the 'radical' thread).

Are you musically inclined or a lover of music?
I have a leaning that way, and I do love music.

I learned many truths about praise and worship in the church I attended right after getting saved. I led worship in my next church for a few years. It is essential that one know the difference between a praise song and a worship song to put together an effective, Spirit filled song service.

Here is my opinion as a Pastor

Jethor pretty much nailed it.

Or as some of our kids call it "the first part of the service with singing and music". lol

And you can be first to ride with me on it...along with felix, lol (if you know what I mean from the discussion in the 'radical' thread).
:lol
Felix is a good pilot. We just add to the team, the Navigator. We need Jasoncran in case of any millitary attack. Mike? :confused. He might be invited (just that he's got 400 crates of coke). We don't need excess load.
I have a leaning that way, and I do love music.

I learned many truths about praise and worship in the church I attended right after getting saved. I led worship in my next church for a few years. It is essential that one know the difference between a praise song and a worship song to put together an effective, Spirit filled song service.
Good to hear that:thumbsup
you were a member of the band? I guess.

The difference is clear! P&W aren't the same. Pastors see it as 'all is worship unto God'.

We don't mix them up.

I love the atmoshpere of worship. It is quite unique!

We don't necessarily look at 'rhythm'!! Worship may take a very rapid rhythm. (though it's usually blues-like. I like it slow)

Praise--loud, bright, outwardly dramatic song. "This is the Day" "Lord, I lift Your Name on High"

Worship--quiet, subdued, inwardly emotional song. "As the Deer (Panteth)" "Revelation Song" "Grace Flows Down"

wow. man that is one way but what about both at the same time? in charmismatic circles some cry in the worship time and others are loud, and some quiet.

praise and worship can be both.

and sometimes it can be a time to just shut up and ponder the awe of god.

ever listen to the song by paul wilbur days of elijah?

its a deep theological song but yet is sung here and loudly. yet its interesting in what it says.

classik theres more to me then the army.

if you want me to talk all day as me about judiasm and the bible and how we should see the bible from the ancient jewish perspective. then you wont shut me up. ask jeff we have talked about this for hours.

wow. man that is one way but what about both at the same time? in charmismatic circles some cry in the worship time and others are loud, and some quiet.

praise and worship can be both.

and sometimes it can be a time to just shut up and ponder the awe of god.

ever listen to the song by paul wilbur days of elijah?

its a deep theological song but yet is sung here and loudly. yet its interesting in what it says.

classik theres more to me then the army.

if you want me to talk all day as me about judiasm and the bible and how we should see the bible from the ancient jewish perspective. then you wont shut me up. ask jeff we have talked about this for hours.

Jasoncran, the people who bore the ark of the covenant had musical accompaniment. Any idea what kind of music they did...Worship or Praise? (It'd help emphasise the difference between P&W)

Some folks get praise, worship, and a pep rally, all mixed together. They get their song all lined up, laid out, to flow this way or that, then ask the Holy Spirit to lead?

I love praise worship and pep rallies. They all have their place as does quiet time...

Praise sorta like Thank you God for what you have done

Worship sorta like just because of WHO He is

the jews knew how to worship

lets see a common song we sing. psalm 121
[video=youtube;9fNpErJ_C5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fNpErJ_C5k[/video]

its psalm 121 and back then the psalms were chanted not sung. i haven gotten to into how they worshipped them but the jews then and today do dance. i will aske my dad he was raised in the temple.

if you take from their perspective i believe that video gave it life.tis pointing to the messiah restoring isreal to its place as he promised them.

Some folks get praise, worship, and a pep rally, all mixed together. They get their song all lined up, laid out, to flow this way or that, then ask the Holy Spirit to lead?

I love praise worship and pep rallies. They all have their place as does quiet time...

praise and worship mixed up? Isn't that a rioutous demonstration? :biggrinunno :shrug :confused :shocked I take cover before some angry group of demonstrators break my head.

:toofunny

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back