Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers about my childhood abuse.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
My parents were abused themselves, and didn't want kids, but then I came along.
Needless to say, they messed up some area's of my life, and I guess it's time to deal
with the fears I have periodically, that flair up, and I have no way to deal with them, but call out to the Lord, and study verses about fear, and pray a lot, and speak those verses to God.
Fear has always been a constant companion, along with nightmares, but I guess God wants me to deal with it once and for all now.
We all have issues and this is a big one for me.
Please pray for me and put me in God's hands.
The anxiety I'm experiencing is pretty harsh.

In God's loving care for you all.
Seasoned by Grace
I guess that there needs to be a greater understand of "if anyone be in Christ he is a new creation. Old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new.

When am trouble by my memories of the past, I stand on that verse of Scripture and any anxiousness goes away and I receive the peace of God that passes all understanding.

I wonder if your memories of the past are fiery darts of the enemy to derail your peace in Christ. Perhaps you need to use your shield of faith to quench those fiery darts from the enemy.

Thank you so much PaulChristensen
General neuropathy pain is a beast of an animal to deal with.
We all know God is greater than anything in the world,
but He has to choose to be greater on our behalf.
There are times suffering brings about a change in our lives that God is looking for, so I never pray against His will.
As Jesus said several times in prayer, "Not my will Father, but Thine be done.

God bless you my friend and kind brother for the verse.
I made a copy, so it's right there, next to my bed, when I need to focus on it.

Seasoned by Grace

Seasoned by Grace I believe you are going through a Job experience. You have a strong faith, just keep on hanging on. We are with you. Prayer is powerful, and we are all praying for you..
I agree with you that love is the greatest gift. Without it we are lost. You are well blessed with the gift of love.
Praying you get the sleep you need and all pain is taken from you.
Many blessings to you dear brother.

There is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.

theres also no way to not have times of reflection and pain.

here on earth both are true.
Seasoned by Grace I believe you are going through a Job experience. You have a strong faith, just keep on hanging on. We are with you. Prayer is powerful, and we are all praying for you..
I agree with you that love is the greatest gift. Without it we are lost. You are well blessed with the gift of love.
Praying you get the sleep you need and all pain is taken from you.
Many blessings to you dear brother.
My dear beautiful friends, brother, and sister in Christ.
What I am dealing with is called neuropathy,
During a panic attack, so much adrenalin is released during an attack of nerves, that the nerves are damaged by too much adrenalin being released for too long of a time, leaving the person with a pain of a burning sensation, usually, for me, in my brain and my chest, that can't be managed, and there is no cure. Pain meds are of minimal help for an hour or so. The nerves have to heal. In the meantime, you feel like you're set on fire with gasoline poured on you, and a match has set you ablaze. It leaves you squirming and always edgy, unable to relax, or sleep for any length of time. Maybe 2or 3 hours a night at most. It's a nightmare you can't wake up from. I had this 7 years ago and didn't understand it so much then as I do now.
It took nearly a year to heal the last time, but as we all know, Jehova-Rophe, our healer, God, can set us free, anytime He wishes, but so far, as He is with me, His desire hasn't been to help me. He only lets it progress, getting worse right now.
But, your prayers aren't falling on deaf ears, as I am not feeling that feeling of insanity coming over me right now; that I have experienced the last few days.
The constant pain and lack of sleep, can make me feel like I'm going nuts, because I have no way to control this, or get any relief from it. The pain is there 24/7, and add the sciatica I'm experiencing, with its own kind of pain, and life becomes pretty unbearable.

Thank you for your prayers and messages, as it's so much better being able to talk about it with people who honestly
care. I haven't the words to properly express my gratitude and love for you all in Christ, and for your support.
I've never given people the opportunity to care and support me before, because people were always condemning, and hateful, in my trials, like with Christ_empowered, but you have proven to be authentic, loving believers, and give me new stronger faith in people, that there are those who can still care and be supportive in Christs love. PRAISE GOD !!!

Last edited:
Christians are just people. For me or against Me. Somehow we ended up on the right side of the Cross.

I’m becoming more compassionate as Jesus Christ moves in my life in part because of my life and experiences. Each person is a part of the Body of Christ and not everyone can or will extend compassion and support.

Not to sound bitter but church people often fake it without being able to make it. Get past the layers of fluff and saccharine and they’re just as mean as everyone else sometimes even worse. Wheat and tares etc.

Prayers continue.

Tessa, PaulChristensen, Christ_empowered and everyone else.
I was awake most of the night, with only2 hours of sleep, so I decided to put that time to good use praying and working on my studies about what the Holy Spirit has been doing in my life, and why, I'm where I am at right now.
Fear got me here. Terrible, uncontrollable fear," terrified from the hugely cold weather we had, of ice and no power for days, followed up by several days over 110 degrees and one day 116 degrees. Yeah, I just went ballistic in fear, because of how the weather affected me. For some reason it really hit me hard.
I just lost it, because of how scared I was on those especially hot days, that this could happen again. More than scared. I was terrified

Looking back at many decades of my life, I can see where I never even considered taking my thoughts captive -
John 8:36, or the importance of it. Again, looking back, I can see so many times, in the past, where that was so important, and could have changed the course of my life several times, but I never ever considered it. I was ruled by my thoughts, sometimes very sinful, and I paid the price for acting on them.
Now, several verses come together for me, in the middle of all this.
Philippians 4:6-7 says, "Do not be anxious about anything."
Isaiah sat's, "Do not fear: for I am with you.
John 8:36 says, "Take every thought captive.:
For me, all these verses work together in harmony, to form a new future for me when I'm past all this. and get these idea's sorted out, that should be applied to my life. I guess this is sort of a confession, tonight. I had never, ever, thought of this before, and the importance of it.
God had to get my attention, and he has.
Yesterday was my first test about worry and control, and I passed with flying colors. A kind of baby test, but I aced it just the same.
Somehow I was able to push it aside, and not dwell on it.
Dwelling on things is another issue I have to take captive. That gets me in huge trouble.

God bless you all for taking your precious time to read my posts and responding at times. So much appreciated, and so much LOVE coming your way.

Yes, my parents had a lot to do with how I think and act, and being terrified because of their actions, but now it's time for me to take responsibility for myself, with God's help, and I know He will with all my heart!!
By the way, your prayers are working - Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi,
sorry to hear you are still hurting. I will keep praying for the Lord to alleviate your suffering. Please do not try to blame yourself that this is because of your past mistakes or anything of the sort. God knows all our mistakes before we make them. He does NOT hold it against us, he forgives fully. I will pray for the pain to ease and for your to be able to sleep. Please do not hesitate to ask. God bless.

Marianne333 , Thank you so much for the nice response.
Your right about not blaming myself for past mistakes, but it's so human to think we did something wrong and God is mad at us, when the pain is this great. It's part of what I have to get over, because God did say he loves us, and will never leave us or forsake us. Last night and today were especially hard, the hardest so far, so your prayers are so much appreciated

Thank you Marianne. God bless in Christ's love and mercy!!

Last edited:
Marianne333 , Thank you so much for the nice response.
Your right about not blaming myself for past mistakes, but it's so human to think we did something wrong and God is mad at us, when the pain is this great. It's part of what I have to get over, because God did say he loves us, and will never leave us or forsake us. Last night and today were especially hard, the hardest so far, so your prayers are so much appreciated

Thank you Marianne. God bless in Christ's love and mercy!!
Keep praying for you, stay strong. I know all too much about blaming myself. I used to think that God is angry at me because of past mistakes. It's only later from seing and listening to different pastors and reading different literature I learned that God is not angry at us for past mistakes. My heart goes out to you.

Tessa
Sorry about posting on Christ_empowered 's thread this morning.

I went to thehospital last night and got some meds to help me, and I see a doctor Thursday.
So incredibly glad Jesus is with me, and I'm being prayed for.
I've always been there for others for whatever they needed, so it's kind of different and hard too, being on the receiving end, and asking for prayers and help.
I guess it's a guy thing. We want to be tough and strong.
But when we get to the end of ourselves, Jesus is there to take over and be who we really need - PRAISE GOD.

Bless you all in Gods mighty love.

Thank you Christ_empowered for your prayers and support also.
It means a tremendous amount my brother.
I'm still praying for you too.
It's so exciting to me watching your life change and becoming such a blessing to you and your parents.
PRAISE GOD for all your healing.

God bless you greatly my brother and prayer partner.
Seasoned by Grace

Tessa
Sorry about posting on Christ_empowered 's thread this morning.

I went to thehospital last night and got some meds to help me, and I see a doctor Thursday.
So incredibly glad Jesus is with me, and I'm being prayed for.
I've always been there for others for whatever they needed, so it's kind of different and hard too, being on the receiving end, and asking for prayers and help.
I guess it's a guy thing. We want to be tough and strong.
But when we get to the end of ourselves, Jesus is there to take over and be who we really need - PRAISE GOD.

Bless you all in Gods mighty love.
Sorry I just answered your post on Christ_empowered thread.
So glad you have an appointment to see the doctor.
God Bless

Sorry I just answered your post on Christ_empowered thread.
So glad you have an appointment to see the doctor.
God Bless
Tessa
Me too.
God is in control and I'm at peace now after much prayer, and God's word comforting me.
I have let go of this the best I can, and put everything in His hands.
God is our great healer, Jehova-rophe, Exodus:15:22-26.

Well Tessa and Christ_empowered, I'm back to struggling and can't see a doctor until Thursday.
I went to the hospital last night and got some medication, and it worked last night, but tonight there were adverse affects of the medication and I am experiencing pain from that, and I am also blessed with sciatica pain that is off the charts in pain, so I'm awake at 1:00 am after 2 hours of sleep, so I'm reading my bible and being refreshed in my spirit while my body suffers. I'm reading Psalms 23..."The lord is my shepherd." What a comfort my Lord is...PRAISE GOD.

I don't understand why any of this is happening to me, but I know God is with me and can help me, and rescue me.
He knew all of this would happen before it ever did, so there must be a purpose.

I apologize for all of this going on so long. I'd be lost without your prayers.

God bless you all immensely for all your continued commitment to prayer for me. Your all such a joy to me.
Seasoned by Gods Grace

Last edited:
Hi Seasoned by Grace
Sorry you are having such a rough time. Not being able to sleep is no fun, especially being in pain.
I agree that we don't know why these things happen. All we know is that God has a good reason to allow it and it is for our own good, even though it doesn't feel like it. It makes mr think of Gold tried in Fite.
Thursday must seem a long way off. Can't the hospital give you meds that will last until then?
You are dealing with it well. Glad you are getting comfort from The Lord. Psalm 23 is beautiful.
Praying for you.

Hi Seasoned by Grace
Sorry you are having such a rough time. Not being able to sleep is no fun, especially being in pain.
I agree that we don't know why these things happen. All we know is that God has a good reason to allow it and it is for our own good, even though it doesn't feel like it. It makes mr think of Gold tried in Fite.
Thursday must seem a long way off. Can't the hospital give you meds that will last until then?
You are dealing with it well. Glad you are getting comfort from The Lord. Psalm 23 is beautiful.
Praying for you.
Tessa My wonderful sister, that I love so much, in our Savior Jesus Christ, and all others praying for me, I love all you more in Christ than words could humbly explain. All of your prayers God has heard, and He is there comforting me at timea when I need it, and my soul is at peace.

It's just incredible how God is there for me, taking me through all of this.
Last night I had 2 kinds of pain that were just nearly unbearable.
I was praying and praying from the deepest place in my spirit, for God to rescue me - and God answered.
Before I knew it, the pain in my head and my chest, neuropathy, was gone.
I could actually feel it melt away slowly, until it was gone, and I felt peace.
Then a voice in my head directed me to get my heating pad for my leg with sciatica.
I laid it on my couch, in my front room, laid down over the heating pad, and covered myself with a blanket, and in seconds the pain just melted away, and in just moments, I drifted off to sleep, and slept for hours in peace.
I've never experienced anything so wonderfully miraculously soothing, and comforting, from God in my whole life.

I woke up with th burning neuropathy in my head and chest, but no sciatica pain at all, and since I have been typing this post, much of the neuropathy pain has subsided quite a bit.

Because today I honor the 4th commandment to honor the Sabbath. I had prayed to God that He would help me have a comforting, reastful day, to bring Glory and honor to him on this Sabbath day in Christ, that He called me to 12 years ago, and I have been faithful to honor every sunday for over12 years now.
It's a beautiful day to Honor His command, to rest, because He loves us, and loved us enough in His caring, loving heart, to make it a command, so we can step away from all the demands of our lives, and the demands the world puts on us, and find peace and rest, not concerned about the worries of the world for one day.

God bless you all in Christs holy name

Seasoned by Gods Grace

Back