Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] Prayers Needed

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi Pizza

Just found this thread. I'd like to say: Please don't worry about how you're going to cope financially if your health breaks down. God knows exactly what you need, and He will always provide you with essentials (maybe not luxuries!). Five years ago my health was gradually declining, to where I found it impossible to work full time. I live in a country with no social security, and at the time we were going through serious hyperinflation. Yet through God's care I always managed to keep a roof over my head and enough food to survive on. Then, through a series of "coincidences" (I'm sure God had a lot to do with them!) I finally got a diagnosis. It is a rare genetic disorder, and responds well under good management. I'm now able to work full time again, and am doing fine financially. So I know, deep in my heart, that God does NOT let us down; that as he feeds the birds of the air, so He feeds us. I've now stopped worrying about old age and finances. I just do the best I can, and know that God will be there for me whatever happens.

Praying your procedure goes well.

Thanks all. My cardioversoin is Monday at 9am Eastern USA time.

Chances this wil work are from slim to 75%, depending on who you talk to and what you read. Overall, the outlook is kinda discouraging if you read the medical stuff. And even IF my heart responds, no assurance can be given it won't act up later.

If it does NOT work, I don't think that I'll live to see 83 like Dad did (I am 54 now). This condition is kinda hard on the heart, while people live with it (and there are varying degress of this arrythmia), mine is way worse now than before the illness - I was "out" a bit but capable of work, hiking, working out, etc. As I am now, walking on flat surfaces is about it. No elliptical. No hiking.

I sure need prayers. But after watching my sister's M.S. not be cured, I have a hard time believing God will heal my heart. I am TRYING to stay positive but it is very hard. I tried so hard to take care of myself - this is wny you cannot judge someone in poor health - so many people loose their health thru no fault of their own. (Altho, I STILL think I worried myself sick - but there is no clinical evidence for that.)

Let's worry about the "what if's" later on. No need to worry about them today when there's always a 'tomorrow', Pizza. You're a young man (well, compared to some of us) and the procedure will help your situation. Believe it. Embrace it. Prepare for the Dragon! You really are in our Lord's hands, and He loves you. His Will and plans for your life remain to be seen, but He definitely won't leave you alone.

I know He won't leave me. He got THAT message thru in May of 1994. :idea

I'm off to bed now, got stuff to keep me busy this weekend - then Monday is the big day. G'night all and thanks.

You're amazing, Pizza!

Sleep well.... enjoy your weekend...and know that our (collective) prayers are for you today, tomorrow and always :wave2

Thank you all for the prayers. I had the cardioversion done today - and they say I responded on the second shock with a normal beat.

I am to continue meds, but can go to work tomorrow and resume hiking, elliptical, work, yoga, everything. I did not expect this at all and the doctor sounded very pessimistic as well when I saw him last week. But, things are good! :)

Thanks again and now it's time for ME to thank Him.

Thank you all for the prayers. I had the cardioversion done today - and they say I responded on the second shock with a normal beat.

I am to continue meds, but can go to work tomorrow and resume hiking, elliptical, work, yoga, everything. I did not expect this at all and the doctor sounded very pessimistic as well when I saw him last week. But, things are good! :)

Thanks again and now it's time for ME to thank Him.
Wooooooooooooow! Ready to rooooooooooooooll

Thank you all, and thank my Lord and Saviour and Father in heaven. I will now strive to learn from this, I am cursing and swearing off all worry and fretting over stupid stuff.
I want to LEARN from this and live a BETTER life. I want:

To serve Him better (maybe in small ways, but still)
To eat better (wasn't really all that bad, but stilll....)
No longer waste my life in worry.
Not let work take over my thoughts, etc.

I now know my heart, arteries and veins are still pretty darn clean and clear at 54 - I now want to keep them that way. I'm eating better (even choose vegetarian at the Mexican place last night and LIKED it), and will continue to work to take care of me.

I know of some changes the Lord would have me make and I'm taking this as indication, that is, a "wake up call" to do them. Some of it will be hard to stick with, but I am going to try to anyway.
From now on, I will wear a smile WAY more often, not be a gloomy gus worried about stupid crap that will probably never happen anyway. Worry and stress (I think) had something to do with this (can't be sure but I have my suspicions).

Oh, Lord, I just KNOW I'm gonna let you down- but you already know that, don't you? Please keep picking me up and helping me to try again.
Thank you Lord for answered prayer.

Mat 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mat 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Pizza, what marvelous news! Our Lord enriches our lives, blesses us, provides for us, and allows us the room to refocus our relationship with Him when our challenges bring questions to our thinking. He is amazing!

:hug

That's absolutely wonderful news, Pizza. I'm so pleased for you. And it's a great reminder for the rest of us that we all all in the hands of a loving and awesome God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back