Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Praying to the Saints in Heaven

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I don't care what you said. I care what the Bible says. You are applying the symbolic cup to the literal cup.
Actually jaybo, our Lord compared those symbols to the literal. Any protestant knows this. Everyone knows the cup he was speaking of was the cup of suffering.

Actually jaybo, our Lord compared those symbols to the literal. Any protestant knows this. Everyone knows the cup he was speaking of was the cup of suffering.
Okay, we disagree. I don't want to discuss this further, except to say that Jesus said to share the wine and the bread often in remembrance of Him. Either He was/is a masochist or He meant we He said: remember Him. He did not say "suffer as often as possible"!

BTW, are you Catholic? Suffering is a big part of that denomination.

Okay, we disagree. I don't want to discuss this further, except to say that Jesus said to share the wine and the bread often in remembrance of Him. Either He was/is a masochist or He meant we He said: remember Him. He did not say "suffer as often as possible"!

Hey Jaybo
I wish you'd spend time in the calvinism threads.
They Really teach weird stuff! I'm tired of it all.
Wondering

Okay, we disagree. I don't want to discuss this further, except to say that Jesus said to share the wine and the bread often in remembrance of Him.
He meant eating the bread and drinking is symbolic of how our Lord's body was torn apart and his blood spilled,
For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. 1Cor.11:26

Paul showed the symbology of the bread and cup this way,

Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. 1cor.4:10

Jesus' life is manufested in our bodies, when people wrong us and we respond with the grace of our King, his love and forgiveness towards his enemies.

for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus. Gal.6:17

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Phl.3:10
Either He was/is a masochist or He meant we He said:
A masochist is someone who gets satisfaction from hurting someone.
A masochist is anyone who believes that God was pleased by his Sons' torture. In fact, many church goers believe our Father is a masochist.
remember Him. He did not say "suffer as often as possible"!
I never said he did. Our Lord said,

If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you Jn.15:20

I've already cited where the Apostles remembered our meek Savior, while they were gerring hammered.
I'm not Catholic or any other denomination. I'm just saying many people believe God punished his Son because our Father hates sin.

The truth is, men punished the Son because they hated God.

He suffered their sins against him, instead of deatroying them. Ok?

HOLD IT.

This thread has gone totally off topic.
If you want to discuss Penal Substitution or the Lord's Supper then please start a thread in the appropriate place.

Otherwise I will close this thread.

He meant eating the bread and drinking is symbolic of how our Lord's body was torn apart and his blood spilled,
For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. 1Cor.11:26

Paul showed the symbology of the bread and cup this way,

Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. 1cor.4:10

Jesus' life is manufested in our bodies, when people wrong us and we respond with the grace of our King, his love and forgiveness towards his enemies.

for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus. Gal.6:17

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Phl.3:10

A masochist is someone who gets satisfaction from hurting someone.
A masochist is anyone who believes that God was pleased by his Sons' torture. In fact, many church goers believe our Father is a masochist.

I never said he did. Our Lord said,

If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you Jn.15:20

I've already cited where the Apostles remembered our meek Savior, while they were gerring hammered.

I'm not Catholic or any other denomination. I'm just saying many people believe God punished his Son because our Father hates sin.

The truth is, men punished the Son because they hated God.

He suffered their sins against him, instead of deatroying them. Ok?

You're going on and on with your misinterpretation of Scripture. Sharing of wine and bread with other Christians in memory of Jesus has nothing to do with your obsession.

You're going on and on with your misinterpretation of Scripture. Sharing of wine and bread with other Christians in memory of Jesus has nothing to do with your obsession.
I started a thread in the Theology section titled Why Faith Alone? I'm going to answer your post over there. Mungo has asked for us to stop derailing his op.

Back