Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Prosecuted for a hate crime instead of murder….scary

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Do you disbelieve everything everyone says because it disrupts your view of America?
No, but it sure helps when someone makes a claim that they can back it up with evidence. Sorry, but your claims are not necessarily going to be believed based on your word alone any more than mine. If you're not able or willing to back up what you say, then don't hold me accountable for not taking your word only as truth.

This is an example where you
show you’ve NEVER HEARD of any such cases and they are rampant although not only christians. How can someone not know of these unless they don’t want to know?
There are preachers here in the US that rant and rave AGAINST the news as lies designed to drag people away from Faith.

We have been promised persecution.
Yes. We do not find Paul rolling over and just letting his persecutors have free reign.
He argued and debated with them using g every legal tool he could to both defend himself and to present the gospel.

We live in an age that claims many freedoms and privileges all of which come from the Judeo Christian legal view point.
While our society claims to be ' Liberal ' we can and should protest about injustice both at home and abroad.

There are preachers here in the US that rant and rave AGAINST the news as lies designed to drag people away from Faith.
That has nothing to do with the discussion. In the US people have lost jobs, positions in education and so on because of exercising their right to free speech. (A teenager girl objected to a teenage boy who decided to declare himself “trans” so he can watch the girls change. He himself wasn’t changing or part of a team.) She was suspended. So much for free speech but Milk-Drops doesn’t believe this happens unless he can see hard evidence, something no court demands of witnesses.

No, but it sure helps when someone makes a claim that they can back it up with evidence. Sorry, but your claims are not necessarily going to be believed based on your word alone any more than mine. If you're not able or willing to back up what you say, then don't hold me accountable for not taking your word only as truth.
When Jesus told us to be his witnesses, I suppose the unbelievers have the right to demand hard evidence of the resurrection from you right? Your claims He lives should not be believed if you cannot provide hard evidence of him being alive.

You demand a standard no one demands of witnesses. What a terrible world you’d prefer!! No victim of a crime is to believed unless they produce hard evidence. If you were robbed you’ll have to produce the items stolen or a picture of where they are now, right? Rape victims can forget any kind of justice. Murder victims’ families need to produce a youtube clip or nothing proceeds! Who wants to live where victims are NEVER to be believed without hard evidence!!

Yes. We do not find Paul rolling over and just letting his persecutors have free reign.
He argued and debated with them using g every legal tool he could to both defend himself and to present the gospel.

We live in an age that claims many freedoms and privileges all of which come from the Judeo Christian legal view point.
While our society claims to be ' Liberal ' we can and should protest about injustice both at home and abroad.
Actually he did not argue with his persecutors. He usually left town if he could. He debated those in the synagogue who were willing to listen to the claims of Christ. They were not persecuting him at that point.

But yes, I agree we need to stand up for what is right. "The best way for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing."

Actually he did not argue with his persecutors. He usually left town if he could. He debated those in the synagogue who were willing to listen to the claims of Christ. They were not persecuting him at that point.

But yes, I agree we need to stand up for what is right. "The best way for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing."
I was thinking of when he was arrested in Jerusalem and appeared before Felix Herod etc.

You are asking so eone in England about what is happening in your country.
Do you really want to know?
2015 fire chief Kevin Cochran fired for having a Christian view of marriage.
I looked into this, and he was indeed fired by the mayor. He then won a cival suit against Atlanta for 1.2 million dollars because the courts did find it discriminatory.
2010 bookst5 employee Peter Vadala fired for expressing Christian views on marriage.
I looked in on this, and it looks more like Peter was fired for expressing that he thought homosexuals were "into bad stuff" to his lesbien boss after she mentioned she was getting maried. Now do I think he should have been fired? No, but do I think that telling your boss you think they are bad and expecting nothing to happen?......yeesh.

2004 Nathan Abraham fired for saying he didn't accept evolution.
This is a strange one. It looks like the situation was the Abraham was working at a biological research facility where one of the the projects being researched involved Oceanic evolution. So the situation to his employers seems similar to an electrician not believing in electricity. He was fired because the institute didn't think he could actually do the research.

Three old cases that show America does not follow what its own laws and constitution says.
The first one ended with the person winning a settlement, the second one was because of a signed antidiscrimination clause in their working agreement. The last one is weird because it seems like a person didn't accept what they were even researching.

I was thinking of when he was arrested in Jerusalem and appeared before Felix Herod etc.
Ah, I see. You meant like arguing his case in court in a controlled situation, not when being whipped. When given the chance to defend his position, that is, the faith, he did and superbly.

Ezekiel 9:4 kjv
4. And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

A literal mark or a judgement mark of thought or action are still both marks IMHO.

eddif

Fired for how they thought, not for anything they actually did.
None of these were recent and society has bought in far more to the idea that there cannot be disagreement with these ideas.
Except here in the states the US Supreme Court ruled in favor of religous liberty.

The examples I gave all happened in the states.
The US has become scary. Since you are from England, you probably know about the 100+ ministers who wrote to Johnson declaring that they were not going to close their doors in Covid times. Boris did not know what to do, probably not wanting to take on the church united, so the government opened up the whole country to everyone. To me it was like BIBle courage as in Daniel and won a blessing for the land. I am proud of my British brethren who stood up to the government. A few in the US did not but most bowed down and closed their churches. Rolled up their arms and when the government said, "be afraid" they obediently were afraid. My compliments to your clergy!!!

To be fair, where I live the pastors were afraid as the government told them to be and taught their congregation to be afraid. "We must obey men rather than God" was their position.

Ezekiel 9:4 kjv
4. And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

A literal mark or a judgement mark of thought or action are still both marks IMHO.

eddif
Nevertheless this is not it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back