Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Qualifications For Rapture?

Nope.

He reveals the beginning of the Tribulation period which even the Church will witness. It is also for is for those who will remain here---the Jew and the unsaved---hence the "(Reader, pay attention!)" insert He makes.

You still havn't told me where the rapture is in that chapter.....

Sigh! There IS no pre-trib rapture in the New Testament, it was an idea "made up"by John Darby around 1830 and brought to the US by Schofield, all of this is an historic fact. We were all brought up to believe that there would be a pre-trib rapture even though all of us could read in Matt24 and Mark 13 that Jesus said that He would return to rapture the apostles AFTER the tribulation period. In our time many have researched the return of Christ and found positive proof from the bible that the rapture is post-trib,however church leaders have been reluctant to tell the truth on this one for fear of losing their jobs,christians LOVE the pre-trib rapture. Why wouldn't they, would satan deceive christians with something that they hated?

You still havn't told me where the rapture is in that chapter.....

Jesus was prophesying about the time of His return, not the rapture.

[video=youtube;YSYhflbg21E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSYhflbg21E[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

The trouble is Jesus never had a single word to say about the rapture.:waving

The trouble is Jesus never had a single word to say about the rapture.:waving

Is not Jesus the Word? He has plenty to say about it.

John 14:3 NLT
When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.

Is not Jesus the Word? He has plenty to say about it.

John 14:3 NLT
When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Alabaster

Okay,so you saying,the 2nd coming and the rapture are 2 different events?Also,if Christ told them everything that must happen before His return,and since rapturist say they will be raptured before the 2nd coming,how could He fail to mention it

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay,so you saying,the 2nd coming and the rapture are 2 different events?Also,if Christ told them everything that must happen before His return,and since rapyurist say they will be raptured before the 2nd coming,how could He fail to mention it

He was talking about what would happen to the Elect, the Jews....not the Bride.

The Jew's are not God's chosen people,in fact,most of the Jew's in Israel are not real....They are who Jesus said

Revelation 2:9
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

And again, you cannot seperate the Church from Israel

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Most Jews don't even believe in Christ,so for the life of me,I can't understand why you would think they are His chosen

John 10:14
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine

John 10:26
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

John 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Now since most Jew's do not follow Christ and in light of the above scripture's,how can you claim that they are His Elect?

Luke 11:23
He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth

You are either a Christian or you are not,that simple....The elect will stand and fight,the rest will be deceived,not raptured,that is the purpose for having on the whole gospel armour

Ephesians 6:14 "Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;"

Ephesians 6:15 "And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;"

Ephesians 6:16 "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked."

Ephesians 6:17 "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:"

Ephesians 6:18 "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints,"

Bottom line,you can't be an Elect,and not belong to Christ....Therefore if the rapture were a true doctrine,the Elect would not be left behind......

Now will you please tell me the difference between the Church and Israel?

i love that misintepretion of revalation 3:9. so when paul went to the synagouge those werent real jews?

a christians called jews or children of god? did you ever think the jews that arent jew were fakers? in that they claimed to be jews and werent really them.

i love that misintepretion of revalation 3:9. so when paul went to the synagouge those werent real jews?

a christians called jews or children of god? did you ever think the jews that arent jew were fakers? in that they claimed to be jews and werent really them.

Don't understand what your saying(Did I ever think),that's exactly what the verse means,they are fake, what part did I misinterpret? They are of their father the devil,yet people seem to not understand that fact....I started a thread on this,check it out,then we can discuss it...

Bottom line on this topic,there will not be a rapture,period.We shall gather back to Him,but that's not until His second coming,2nd of only 2 comings in all of scripture,ie,advents....

Sorry but the elect is the bride.

Romans 2v28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Sorry but the elect is the bride.

Romans 2v28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
in proper context and given verses in the torah, the tanakh and the prophets that is what the men of the days ere christ that did have faith and please God said and were.

the context that alabaster is saying that the state of isreal or the hebrews will as a peoples believe on the lord and come to christ and be saved from the army of the enemy in the battle of harmeggido.

in proper context and given verses in the torah, the tanakh and the prophets that is what the men of the days ere christ that did have faith and please God said and were.

the context that alabaster is saying that the state of isreal or the hebrews will as a peoples believe on the lord and come to christ and be saved from the army of the enemy in the battle of harmeggido.
My position would be that the promise which abraham was given by faith, was always by faith and never to national israel, but to faithful israel. National israel was destroyed and sifted throughout the earth as Dan 9 indicated. The jewish peaple were returned to the land, and still have a chance to accept there messiah by faith. But there is no seperation between jews who accepted christ by faith, or gentils who accepted christ by faith, nor was there any other form of repentance.

My position would be that the promise which abraham was given by faith, was always by faith and never to national israel, but to faithful israel. National israel was destroyed and sifted throughout the earth as Dan 9 indicated. The jewish peaple were returned to the land, and still have a chance to accept there messiah by faith. But there is no seperation between jews who accepted christ by faith, or gentils who accepted christ by faith, nor was there any other form of repentance.
of course but that doesnt negate the idea or rather promise given to abraham that his seed shall inherent this land forever. this land in abrahams pov would be the land given by promise.

one has to reconcile that with the response to the apostles question in acts 1 about isreal and the lord's response.he didnt say no,just that it wasnt for the apostles to know the times or season of when he will do that.

of course but that doesnt negate the idea or rather promise given to abraham that his seed shall inherent this land forever. this land in abrahams pov would be the land given by promise.

one has to reconcile that with the response to the apostles question in acts 1 about isreal and the lord's response.he didnt say no,just that it wasnt for the apostles to know the times or season of when he will do that.
Agreed the seed of abraham will recieve the promise. My contention is that the church (to include the OT saints) is the seed of abraham per-Gal 3v
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Back