Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Question reformed theology?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
When Jesus said "upon this rock I will build my church" he was speaking of himself. The church of God cannot be built on any less foundation than God alone,
Of course Jesus is the corner stone.
He meant to build a church, a bldg, that taught what HE taught since He was not able to convince the Jews. Do we have a different church or do we worship with the Jews in a synagogue?

And how did this new church come about?

You're welcome!

Anything I print here can be confirmed.
It's so easy .
That’s what everyone says about what they believe. But tell us an example of the church being built on Peter. What does that look like? Surly your scholars have provided examples. Surly it’s “easy to look up.”

Last edited:
Look up what scholars believe.
What I believe is irrelevant.
I prefer the scriptures. Scholars have been behind killing those possessing Bibles. Besides, Jesus never said “trust scholars.” Probably because the scholars of his day murdered him and his followers.
And, as usual, the above does not reflect what I've stated.
Then correct it. It’s easy to say “that’s not what I said” but harder to actual SHOW that as being so. Because it seems like it IS what you said.
I find it very dangerous to speak to you since you constantly put words in my mouth.
No I don’t. But I do challenge what you teach.

Thirty minutes edit time is not long enough.
Remember Peter? This is what he wrote about the Living Stone in 1PETER 2.

Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
Begs the question as to why Peter never told anyone that the church is built on him personally in his letters. Didn’t he know? And how could Paul DARE to publicly correct him??? Didn’t Paul know the entire church of Jesus is built on that one man, Peter?

Of course Jesus is the corner stone.
He meant to build a church, a bldg, that taught what HE taught since He was not able to convince the Jews. Do we have a different church or do we worship with the Jews in a synagogue?

And how did this new church come about?
You ask if we should worship with the Jews in a synagogue, And how did this new church come about?

Here is the God of the Jews. Do I want to worship in a synagogue...?

Jeremiah 7:21 Thus says Yahweh of Armies, the God of Israel: Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices, and eat meat.

Ezekiel 20:40 For in my holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, says the Lord Yahweh, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them, serve me in the land: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the first fruits of your offerings, with all your holy things.

Ezekiel 44:15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, who performed the duty of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister to me; and they shall stand before me to offer to me the fat and the blood, says the Lord Yahweh:

Here is the true God:-
Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations—I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly. (Isaiah 1:13)

Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters, they have burnt in the fire to their gods. (Deu 12:31 KJV)

Isaiah 1:11 NKJV "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?" Says the LORD. "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams And the fat of fed cattle. I do not delight in the blood of bulls, Or of lambs or goats.

1 Samuel 15:22 NKJV So Samuel said: "Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed, is than the fat of rams.

Psa 40:5-6 Many, O LORD my God, are Your wonderful works Which You have done; And Your thoughts toward us Cannot be recounted to You in order; If I would declare and speak of them, They are more than can be numbered. Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; My ears You have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require.

You can read about the pagan god of the Israelites here. Yahweh - Wikipedia.

Last edited:
Begs the question as to why Peter never told anyone that the church is built on him personally in his letters. Didn’t he know? And how could Paul DARE to publicly correct him??? Didn’t Paul know the entire church of Jesus is built on that one man, Peter?
Peter did correct them. Here he is speaking to the Jewish leaders.

Peter, standing before the Jewish Council, full of the Holy Spirit, replied, “Leaders of the people and elders: if we are being questioned today about the good deed done to the lame man and how he was healed, then you should all know, and all the people of Israel should know, that this man stands here before you completely well through the power of the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth — whom you crucified and whom God raised from death. Jesus is the one of whom the scripture says in (Psalm 118:22) ‘The stone that you the builders despised turned out to be the most important of all.’ Salvation is found in and through him alone; in all the world there is no one else whom God has given who can save us.” Act 4:8-12 GNB

Peter did correct them. Here he is speaking to the Jewish leaders.

Peter, standing before the Jewish Council, full of the Holy Spirit, replied, “Leaders of the people and elders: if we are being questioned today about the good deed done to the lame man and how he was healed, then you should all know, and all the people of Israel should know, that this man stands here before you completely well through the power of the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth — whom you crucified and whom God raised from death. Jesus is the one of whom the scripture says in (Psalm 118:22) ‘The stone that you the builders despised turned out to be the most important of all.’ Salvation is found in and through him alone; in all the world there is no one else whom God has given who can save us.” Act 4:8-12 GNB
But he didn’t tell them the entire christian church is founded on him personally.

But he didn’t tell them the entire christian church is founded on him personally.
That is true. Peter never claimed to be the one on home the church is built.. He told them salvation is only found in Jesus, the stone despised by the builders.

Last edited:
Good guess, except I think they are Reformed.
Probably not as the reformed in the u.s. all descend from the London or Westminster confession with both having the idea of a plurality of elders and qualifications for elders and pastors.

The book of discipline is something I will ask about

That is true. Peter never claimed to be the one on home the church is built.. He told them salvation is only found in Jesus, the stone despised by the builders.
Of course. The idea that the church was built on Peter was a claim the Catholics made maybe in the 4th century so they can say they are the one true church. One just needs to attend a catholic mass and think of the pictures painted in the New Testament of the early church and one is amazed anyone could believe it. I mean just try to picture Peter with a fish head pointed hat and golden embroidered robes swinging a lantern of smoking incense around and the obvious difficulty is apparent.

That’s what everyone says about what they believe. But tell us an example of the church being built on Peter. What does that look like? Surly your scholars have provided examples. Surly it’s “easy to look up.”
Try Prof. Google.
He's available to everyone.

You can start with my post no. 17.
There's much more to learn if you're intersted.

And, as I've said MANY times, I'm not here to teach anyone anything...
and that includes you.

I prefer the scriptures. Scholars have been behind killing those possessing Bibles. Besides, Jesus never said “trust scholars.” Probably because the scholars of his day murdered him and his followers.

Then correct it. It’s easy to say “that’s not what I said” but harder to actual SHOW that as being so. Because it seems like it IS what you said.

No I don’t. But I do challenge what you teach.
I'm not here to teach anything.
And I don't have the time to correct all your INCORRECT understandings of what I post.
And, as I've always said many times, you can believe what you will.
I guess church history ended in 30AD.
How all these Christian churches got here must just be a mystery.
:chin

Try Prof. Google.
He's available to everyone.

You can start with my post no. 17.
There's much more to learn if you're intersted.

And, as I've said MANY times, I'm not here to teach anyone anything...
and that includes you.
You are fooling yourself. You certainly are here to teach. If you weren’t you’d be asking questions instead of giving homework assignments. I know church history and am familiar with the catholic doctrines and history,

I'm not here to teach anything.
And I don't have the time to correct all your INCORRECT understandings of what I post.
And, as I've always said many times, you can believe what you will.
I guess church history ended in 30AD.
How all these Christian churches got here must just be a mystery.
:chin
I repeat, if you weren’t here to teach you wouldn’t give homework assignments. What you think I think is totally incorrect. I do have time or actually mercy to correct what you say that is wrong.

No one thinks church history ended in 30 AD. It’s a very strange year as Jesus died in 33 AD so its not clear what you’re referring to.

Of course. The idea that the church was built on Peter was a claim the Catholics made maybe in the 4th century so they can say they are the one true church. One just needs to attend a catholic mass and think of the pictures painted in the New Testament of the early church and one is amazed anyone could believe it. I mean just try to picture Peter with a fish head pointed hat and golden embroidered robes swinging a lantern of smoking incense around and the obvious difficulty is apparent.
I have just googled Peter to see what sort of a person he was. Among his weaknesses he was:

Headstrong/speaking before thinking (Mark 8:32-33, Mark 9:5) – He often spoke before he thought. He sometimes told Jesus what to do. He often spoke in haste and said foolish things. He was very outspoken and was prone to get excited.

At times his weak flesh took over (then Jesus often called him Simon) and caused him to do something he later regretted. He fell asleep in the garden when Jesus asked him to pray and he denied Jesus three times. He chopped off the ear of the high priest’s slave. Much later he was afraid of the Jewish sect of believers and wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles.

He was inconsistent. He would have great success in faith or action and that would be followed by failure. He started walking on the water toward Jesus and then looked around him and sank into the water. He declared his allegiance to Christ and then denied him three times.

Peter was hypercritical as well. He brought the gospel to the Gentiles and lived with them as a Gentile and when in the presence of Jews he would live according to their law. If the Gentile Christians had followed his example and lived like Jews, they would have become entangled in the law, which they never had been, and because it is impossible to keep the law, they would have fallen out of God’s grace, and consequently lost their salvation.

Not a person in my opinion to be the head of the church. That honour belongs to Jesus our Saviour, and rightly so.

Last edited:
You are fooling yourself. You certainly are here to teach. If you weren’t you’d be asking questions instead of giving homework assignments. I know church history and am familiar with the catholic doctrines and history,
Good.
Then we agree on church history.

I repeat, if you weren’t here to teach you wouldn’t give homework assignments. What you think I think is totally incorrect. I do have time or actually mercy to correct what you say that is wrong.

No one thinks church history ended in 30 AD. It’s a very strange year as Jesus died in 33 AD so its not clear what you’re referring to.
Jesus did NOT die in 33AD.

I'm not debating this.
You could find the answer on the internet.

Back