Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Questions about a certain Bible verse. Would like all input.

So.

Why did the makers of Vioxx lie and hide the facts?

A scripture comes to mind.

Joh:8:44: Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

it is not reasonable to ask proof of that deception. if i called you a liar and took you court to take you clothes of your back. you would want 'proof' that i can back that statement up.

i do believe that that makers of viox ,merck, were liable. But was it deleberate? i will have to look around for the cases and see and review the rulings.

the persons that took to court did settle out of court over my back injuries, was he intentionally trying to hit me, no but he feel asleep at the the wheel and hit my car and totaled it and injured me and my then girlfriend.

he was liable for the damages, just like merck is with viox, but it may not intentional deception as that might have been unknown to them to have(vioxx) that problem.

and you can still get vioxx,keflex,ceflex, and celebrex. and are still fda approved.

I've heard tell that the FDA actually requires very little testing before approving these things. Nothing they approve has been seriously studied long enough to prove the long term effects. I mean, just listen to the known side effects of these medications and think for a minute. What could these things actually do to you over a period of years.

Also, all drugs affect you in some way or another, even sugar. So then consider your sanity as well. Many drugs are designed to attack the mind of the user, and some are designed to allow internal control through external forces, i.e. any drug that attacks your nervous system and shuts down your ability to know what you are doing.

I've heard tell that there are sleep medicines in use (i.e. ambien, lunesta, etc) that are actually witch's brews that have been around for a long time. Just look up some stories about people who've taken these and had bad experiences. I've had them myself. I guess that witches also invoke spirits into their drugs and sell them to us at no extra charge, simply because they're hateful.

my wife uses ambien cr in combo with melatonin and cant sleep with out that.

that doenst make that sinful

i have seen the fda make mistakes but to say that it is totally inept is bit much.

by your thinking that we should just forget science and heal ourselves and self-meidicate on every little or major illness or injury with no training.

i have alot of issues with medications, but wisdom is needed. one just cant tell others to say this homepathic remedy is ok for something that arent able give medical advise on.

would you reccomend gotu-kola as a cure for high blood pressure as all that is a blood thinner?

or seratonin for the bp as seroquel has that in it?

Luke was a doctor, I am not a doctor. I am only going by experience. I can't answer all of your medical questions.

I would say that Ambien is sinful because my experience has been terrible. Also I have read the accounts of others and they experienced bad things as well. I don't know how Ambien affects your wife but I doubt if it's really doing her frame of mind any favors in the long term.

she cant sleep, how does one function sanely on no sleep?

she has ran out of meds and didnt sleep for a few weeks, only catching a nap her or there and that no more than one hour. she has insommonia from bp. her mind races and never stops. it far worse when she's manic. that is when she cant sleep for days without meds.

she almost killed herself trying to sleep, she took all her ambien pills plus a whole bottle of nyquil plus some other, ah benedryl pills (3 or 4 pills).

her liver took that all.it is a miracle that she lived. trust me i have no love for meds, but its an art and science and like anything man endeavors it isnt perfect.

would you tell the the patient of the polio disease not seek medical help,or the aids patient?
i certainly dont like the phsycotropic drugs but that's the best we have, as her illness is real. i have seen her have mania and depression off the meds. :screwloose and its far worse then you can imagine.

please read up on the uses of meds and not judge men if they have to use them.i'm not against pot for legit use. but i have some doubts about the mmj push and that it seems to want only the so called sick to have unbridled acess to pot.

my proposal is this, let the medical field admin it to you.
all hospitals and clincs that treat severe cancer patients have kitchens
some pharmacist could determine the needed dose and admin it.
btw can we nebulize mmj.?

Not sure what happened to the post, I remember reading someone asking mod to remove my post. No need to, I've found some correction from The Lord that I'm not meant to condone activities that are contrary to teachings of His church:

Romans 14
19Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall.

So as in my comment, I wouldn't like to cause someone to throw the first stone, but I'm not in the world to condemn or condone someone who has sought the effects of MJ for whatever reason they may have had, our roles for each other are to nurture those who feel God doesn't love them (this can happen for a variety of reasons).

i honestly dont believe dont believe its a sin to use mmj if its an actuall legitimated form of medicine.
what iam debating against is the fact that it seems that majority of those that are pushing have an abuse habit and really arent for mmj. just use that as a gateway for all out legalization
thus my demand for the amounts of those who do need vs the general populous and also the demand a medically trained professional to admin it.

Back