Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Not at all.
God does not accept us based on us.
He accepts only His own righteousness that He provides us, as "the gift of righteousness".

See, God came here, to provide our only means of acceptance.
We have to become as righteous as He is, SPIRITUALLY, to be accepted by Him.
When you read 1 John 3:9, that is talking about your born again Spirit, and not your mind or body. (flesh).

God does not accept us based on us?
Where does it state this in scripture?

Paul said we will be judged by our behavior.....
Romans 2:5-8
5But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
6who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS:
7to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;
8but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation.

IOW,,,it's of no use to be born again spiritually and still do evil deeds...we will be judged just like the unsaved spoken of above.

JESUS said we will be judged by our behavior....
John 5:28
28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,
29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

ALL will hear His voice....
those who did GOOD DEEDS to a resurrection of life (a bodily resurrection)
those who committed evil deeds to a resurrection of judgement.

Are we to believe YOU or Paul and Jesus?

You are making incorrect statements from your own mind and are misleading many persons who will be YOUR responsibility upon your resurrection.

James 3:1
1Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

There is no sin in Heaven. Lucifer tried this, and Jesus said that He watched him fall as lighting.
So, for a sinner to end up in Heaven, we have to be "made righteous".
We have to be born again SPIRITUALLY equal to the righteousness of God.

The Cross is why this happens to all who "believe".
The Cross is God's offer of a Divine Exchange.
On the Cross, Jesus became our sin 2 Corinthians 5:21. and the born again become "the righteousness of God, in Christ". 2 Corinthians 5:21
This is "the gift of Salvation". "the Gift of Righteousness". and "eternal life".
God literally births our SPIRIT into His Own, after He redeems all our sin, with Christ's Blood.

Correct....
The born again become the righteousness of God IN CHRIST.
If we are IN CHRIST it simply means that we are following Him as our Teacher/Savior.

Jesus did NOT teach what you are espousing on this forum.
Jesus spoke about how we are to behave for His entire ministry.
Never did He say we are simply to believe in Him for salvation.
He told Nicodemus we are to be reborn in spirit (and not just in body)....
this means that we are to be one with God.
Sinners cannot be one with God....

It's imperative that God's commandments be followed in order to be IN CHRIST.
Salvation is 2 parts.

1.) God's blood (Christ on the Cross) resolves all your sin
2.) God then births your SPIRIT into His Spirit by the Holy Spirit. = born again.

The born again, become this......"As Christ IS.....so are the born again, in this World".

Where does it state this?
Maybe I'm not understanding you.

Where the confusion comes in, is when a believer does not understand that their SPIRIT has become "the righteousness of GOD....In Christ".
See, most believers do not realize that their body and their mind is not the Real you.

You sound gnostic.
They also believed that we were separated by our body and our spirit.
Many of those sects sinned all they wanted to because it was "their body" that was sinning and not "their spirit".
Are you a gnostic?
They were not welcomed into the early church.

The body is your house, and the Spirit that lives in the house, is the Real you.
So, its your Spirit that is Born again, inside the body, that God has "made righteous" by the Divine Exchange.

Real faith, is to get this revelation of who you have become, "in Christ", as a "new creation" "born again Spiritually".
New Creation just means that the old sinning me is dead....
And the new me desires to please God.
BEHOLD ALL THINGS ARE NEW...
ALL....
Not just the spirit.

Would you mind no longer posting verses that have nothing to do with your statement that precedes them?

Keep in mind that when Jesus and Paul taught, they seldom used bible verses when they would teach.
Why? Because Teaching is not posting verses, its teaching them.
Try to understand that.

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. Matthew 28:18-20

• teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

If you are not teaching the doctrine of Christ, then what are you teaching people?

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

• Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.

When we reject Christ’s word, we reject Christ.

Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 4:8

JLB

Last edited:
God does not accept us based on us?
Where does it state this in scripture?
It says it on the Cross, written in Jesus's blood.
God only accepts you because of what happened there, that He provided.
He will accept you for no other reason, as only Jesus is the Way. 14:6

So we don’t have to believe or obey the Gospel?

We are just saved by what Jesus did on the cross.

You do understand that is called Universal Reconciliation, don’t you?

So we don’t have to believe or obey the Gospel?
We are just saved by what Jesus did on the cross.
You do understand that is called Universal Reconciliation, don’t you?To obey the Gospel is to Believe it.

To believe the Gospel is to put faith in Christ.

And yes, we are ONLY saved by what Jesus did on the Cross.

Also, universal salvation is the cult teaching that if you are born, then you will go to heaven, as everyone is automatically saved.
And of course thats not true, and that is why unbelievers go to Hell.

maybe there is a bug in the system here, but when i checked for TOS 2.7, i dont find it.

My list stops at 1.15
Click on Forums at the top of the page you will see Admin Forum, under that click on TERMS OF SERVICE OLD and scroll down through them all until you find #2.7

Maybe Jesus didn't know what He was teaching....
Maybe John misunderstood Him.....

Revelation 3:2-5
2Wake up! Strengthen what little remains, for even what is left is almost dead. I find that your actions do not meet the requirements of my God.
3Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly. Repent and turn to me again. If you don’t wake up, I will come to you suddenly, as unexpected as a thief.

4“Yet there are some in the church in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes with evil. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy.
5All who are victorious will be clothed in white. I will never erase their names from the Book of Life,
but I will announce before my Father and his angels that they are mine.

Our actions must meet the requirements of God.
If we sin, we are to ask forgiveness and return to God.
Those who do not soil their clothes with evil will not walk with God.
Only those dressed in white and their names will not be ERASED from the Book of Life.

John 8:31
31Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings.

Those who believe Jesus' words are truly His disciples IF they remain faithful to His teachings.
Once again...it's important to know what His teachings are.

It doesn't require to much teaching to just state "believe in Me and all will be fine".

Reactions: JLB
I have no idea what you are trying to explain.
I told you that the Apostles and Jesus, when talking to the body or to jews or to unbelievers, generally didnt quote the Torah.
And as no NT was written, they also could not quote that one.
You know exactly what I am talking about as you said Jesus and the Apostles never quoted scripture. This is enough of your nonsense evading members questions. Instead of answering them you go off on another tangent not even related to the questions others ask you.

BTW Jesus quoted the Torah as He taught His Disciples,

Which Old Testament Book Did Jesus Quote From
blog.biblia.com

Jesus quoted from:
Exodus 3:6.............Matthew 22:32; Mark 12:26; Luke 20:37
20:12-16.................Matthew 15:14; 19:18, 19; Mark 7:10; 10:19; Luke 18:20
21:24......................Matthew 5:38

Isaiah 6:9-10.........Matthew 13:14, 15; Mark 4:12; Luke 8:10
56:7.......................Matthew 21:13; Mark 11:17; Luke 19:46
29:13.....................Matthew 15:8, 9; Mark 7:6, 7
5:1.........................Matthew 21:33; Mark 12:1; Luke 20:9
53:12.....................Luke 22:37
54:13.....................John 6:45
61:1, 2...................Matthew 11:5; Luke 4:18, 19; 7:22

Deuteronomy
6:5........................Matthew 22:37; Mark 12:29-33; Luke 10:27
24:1-3...................Matthew 5:31; 19:7; Mark 10:4
19:15....................Matthew 4:4, 7, 10; Luke 4:4, 8, 12

Psalms
82:2; 110:1...........Matthew 21:21:16; 22:44; Mark 12:36; 14:62; Luke 20:42, 43
22:1......................Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34
31:5......................Luke 23:46
35:19; 69:4..........John 15:25
41:9.....................John 13:18
78:24...................John 6:31
82:6.....................John 10:34
110:1...................Matthew 26:64
118:22, 23...........Matthew 21:42; Mark 12:10; Luke 20:17
118:26.................Matthew 23:39; Luke 13:35

If you go to that website it will give you more greater detail

Click on Forums at the top of the page you will see Admin Forum, under that click on TERMS OF SERVICE OLD and scroll down through them all until you find #2.7
Nope.

didnt happen.
i got one page, no "admin", and my TOS stop before 2.7.
Cant you just cut and paste it?

Maybe Jesus didn't know what He was teaching....
Maybe John misunderstood Him.....

I just teach the simple Gospel that Paul teaches.
I dont look at symbolics verse, from a "vision", and try to deny the simplicity that is in Christ.
I understand the Cross, and i put my faith there.
You have free will.
You do what you want with that.., same as me.
Paul told me that if i would believe in Jesus, that my faith would be accepted by God and i would go to Heaven because of my new birth.
I believe this.

Nope.

didnt happen.
i got one page, no "admin", and my TOS stop before 2.7.
Cant you just cut and paste it?
I will check into that, but I have given you what it says a couple times, but you ignored it as I even gave it to you in the PM between me and you.

Let me ask you a question. Do you believe in the creation story found in Genesis? There is a reason I ask and will continue from your answer.

You know exactly what I am talking about

If you go to that website it will give you more greater detail

I dont evade questions, but, sometimes because i dont give the answer that the person is expecting, that they wanted to hear, they can feel that i didnt answer them.

Also, when Paul is teaching, and when Christ was teaching......they seldom used verse from the Torah.
What ended up happening with the original 11 apostles is that they ended up using Paul's letters.
In fact Peter in 2nd Peter, said that Paul's letters are equal to the Torah.
So, that is an Apostle saying that Paul's letters are equal to his Torah, which we understand is the Old Testament.
Paul later wrote most of the New Testament, which proves that Peter was right.
Now, if Christ was in a Synagog, and was reading the Torah, then He did use verses.

If im teaching a verse, as i did yesterday to a member, then i open it and will often use other verses, sure.

Also, i dont use websites, or commentaries, or any of this stuff.

I will check into that, but I have given you what it says a couple times, but you ignored it as I even gave it to you in the PM between me and you.

Let me ask you a question. Do you believe in the creation story found in Genesis? There is a reason I ask and will continue from your answer.

Are you talking about the fact that i post verses, in every Thread, but you dont realize it because i often dont number them?
Sometimes i number, but often i just speak the verse, in quotations.
Im never going to just post verse after verse, as novices do....so, stop looking for that, as i dont teach in that regard, for_his_glory.

Do i believe that God created Adam from dirt and Eve from Adam?
Yes.
Do i believe that Jesus is the 2nd Adam, yes.

You sound gnostic.
They also believed that we were separated by our body and our spirit.
Many of those sects sinned all they wanted to because it was "their body" that was sinning and not "their spirit".
Are you a gnostic?
They were not welcomed into the early church.

Did you know that the father of Gnosticism, "Valentinus" almost became a Pope?

And of course i teach that the Body is not the Spirit.
The body is dead, going the Grace, the Spirit in the Body, is born again, by the Spirit of God.

If we sin, we are to ask forgiveness and return to God.
Are you saying that if you sin, you are lost again, going to hell, and if you confess, God saves you again?

So, you could sin 34 times in an hour and are lost each time, and confess 34 times the next hour, and are saved 34 more times?

That wont work as God does not save you to begin with for confessing sin, He saves you for believing in Christ.

John 8:31
31Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings.
He also said "If you keep my words you are my disciple indeed".

So, that makes you a disciple, but it does not make you a Son of God.
A disciple can go to hell.
A son of God cant.
See, you can be a disciple and not be born again, and to go heaven, you have to be born again.

I dont evade questions, but, sometimes because i dont give the answer that the person is expecting, that they wanted to hear, they can feel that i didnt answer them.

Also, when Paul is teaching, and when Christ was teaching......they seldom used verse from the Torah.
What ended up happening with the original 11 apostles is that they ended up using Paul's letters.
In fact Peter in 2nd Peter, said that Paul's letters are equal to the Torah.
So, that is an Apostle saying that Paul's letters are equal to his Torah, which we understand is the Old Testament.
Paul later wrote most of the New Testament, which proves that Peter was right.
Now, if Christ was in a Synagog, and was reading the Torah, then He did use verses.

If im teaching a verse, as i did yesterday to a member, then i open it and will often use other verses, sure.

Also, i dont use websites, or commentaries, or any of this stuff.
So you deny all those scriptures I gave in Post #28 that Jesus taught from? Wow!!!

Where do you see Jesus being in the Temple teaching His disciples during His ministry here on earth? These verses were taught by Jesus no matter where He traveled to.

Since the Torah is a book of laws and judgements and you think it need not be taught anymore then why did Jesus say this:

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

So you deny all those scriptures I gave in Post #28 that Jesus taught from? Wow!!!
As i said, Jesus didn't normally teach the Torah, unless he was in the synagog, .... i didnt say he never taught verses from the Torah.
Most of the time, Jesus was with the people, healing, and doing some teaching, and this became the NT later. IN red letters.
You've seen those?

He was not able to teach from the NT when He was alive, as Paul had not written most of it Yet.

Are you talking about the fact that i post verses, in every Thread, but you dont realize it because i often dont number them?
Sometimes i number, but often i just speak the verse, in quotations.
Im never going to just post verse after verse, as novices do....so, stop looking for that, as i dont teach in that regard, for_his_glory.

Do i believe that God created Adam from dirt and Eve from Adam?
Yes.
Do i believe that Jesus is the 2nd Adam, yes.
I have already warned you about using Book Chapter and verse. You are on very thin thread sir.

I did not ask if you believe God created Adam and Eve. Why do you continue to evade peoples questions?

I asked if you believed the creation story in Genesis Chapter one. I would like an answer please before I can move on with what I want to say.

Back