Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have already warned you about using Book Chapter and verse. You are on very thin thread sir.
Go and actually read Post #33.
I did answer you, regarding Adam and Eve, previously.
Maybe you should stop texting with JLB and read my post?
You think?
Give that a shot.

Also, im not "on" anything.

You look at my Threads, and see that there are 10-20 Scripture verses, in every one.
My posts usually contain verses, if im discussing a theological topic.
Listen, If you are not able to comprehend that the verse matters, and not the number, then, work on some comprehension skills.
I dont post the numbers, because i have the verse memorized, and just write them.
Had you any teaching skills and not just a arrogant attitude, then you would have some verses memorized and not need to use the internet "cut and paste" as your crutch.

Stop pm'ing JLB and read #33. All the way to the bottom this time.
And if you have a question, i'll read it when i come back and answer it.
np

gotta go

-B

Last edited:
As i said, Jesus didn't normally teach the Torah, unless he was in the synagog, .... i didnt say he never taught verses from the Torah.
Most of the time, Jesus was with the people, healing, and doing some teaching, and this became the NT later. IN red letters.
You've seen those?

He was not able to teach from the NT when He was alive, as Paul had not written most of it Yet.
Excuse me, Jesus is the word of God in all of the NT as He is the NT. John 1:1-18; I would suggest you reread this.

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
John 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
John 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Go and actually read Post #33.
I did answer you, regarding Adam and Eve, previously.
Maybe you should stop texting with JLB and read my post?
You think?
Give that a shot.

Also, im not "on" anything.

You look at my Threads, and see that there are 10-20 Scripture verses, in every one.
My posts usually contain verses, if im discussing a theological topic.
Listen, If you are not able to comprehend that the verse matters, and not the number, then, work on some comprehension skills.
I dont post the numbers, because i have the verse memorized, and just write them.
Had you any teaching skills and not just a arrogant attitude, then you would have some verses memorized and not need to use the internet "cut and paste" as your crutch.

Stop pm'ing JLB and read #33. All the way to the bottom this time.
And if you have a question, i'll read it when i come back and answer it.
np

gotta go

-B
Once again, I never asked you about Adam and Eve, I asked you about do you believe the creation story in Genesis that God created the heaven and the earth and all things in it.

This has nothing to do with JLB as I am talking to you. Who said you are on anything?

Yes, I see a mixture of bits and pieces of verses thrown together intertwined taken out of context as you add to them and take away from them in each of your post as you say one thing then truen around and contradict yourself.

I don't care if you can quote every verse in the Bible as even Satan can quote them as he loves to twist them in order to bring a false gospel to the world. What about those who are just babes in Christ, how do you expect them to follow the scriptures you use if they can not look them up and read them?

I am not being arrogant. but in the teacher training I have received we were taught to use Book, Chapter and verse so others could go read and study them for what we teach.

A real disciple of Christ follows Christ, not Paul as what Paul spoke was inspired of God in what he needed to write as Paul brought the word of God, not the word of Paul to the nations.

Still waiting for your answer if you believe in the 6 day creation story found in Genesis Chapter 1. If you do not answer then I have my answer in assuming who you really are.

Satan can quote them as he loves to twist them in order to bring a false gospel to the world.
Yes....You would know.

And, the creation story, is not your question is it?
You wanted to ask me about the time frame, the "6000" yrs, vs, Science and evolutionary statistics?
No?

Well, i believe that God created everything as stated.
He did this by the WORD.
Jesus is actually the creator, as Jesus is the Word.
God "SAID".....Let there BE."".........and Jesus manifested the creation as the WORD.

Look at these 2 verses. IN both of them, You find that Jesus, who is GOD, the WORD, created it all.

John 1:10

Colossians 1:16

I just teach the simple Gospel that Paul teaches.
I dont look at symbolics verse, from a "vision", and try to deny the simplicity that is in Christ.
I understand the Cross, and i put my faith there.
You have free will.
You do what you want with that.., same as me.
Paul told me that if i would believe in Jesus, that my faith would be accepted by God and i would go to Heaven because of my new birth.
I believe this.
Words in red are symbolic?
You think you teach the gospel that Paul teaches?

What do you think about this:

"You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,
and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Romans 13:9

Why do you not post scripture?
It really is not too important as to your own private ideas --- but only what is in the Word of God...
represented fully by Jesus The Christ.

You also overlook verses that are posted by me...
Is this because they conflict with what you seem to believe?

A real disciple of Christ follows Christ, not Paul
Ok, you just proved to me that you are not a teacher.
See, you keep ranting about verses and how to use them, yet, you know very few.

Like this one.

1 Corinthians 11:1

Paul speaking..

"be a follower of ME, as i am also a follower fo Christ".

What does that matter?
Because Paul wrote most of the NT.
Because Paul wrote 98% of all Church Doctrine.

So, when a person like you has no idea about this, then that is why what you teach has nothing to do with the NT, most of the time.
But you do like to guess.

As i said, Jesus didn't normally teach the Torah, unless he was in the synagog, .... i didnt say he never taught verses from the Torah.
Most of the time, Jesus was with the people, healing, and doing some teaching, and this became the NT later. IN red letters.
You've seen those?

He was not able to teach from the NT when He was alive, as Paul had not written most of it Yet.
We all know this Bethel.
So are you saying that the NT is not in sync with what Jesus taught and we should just deny what it says because it was not written yet for Jesus to quote from???

Didn't the N.T. writers put down in writing what Jesus taught?

Words in red are symbolic?
You think you teach the gospel that Paul teaches?

What do you think about this:

"You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,
and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Romans 13:9

Why do you not post scripture?
It really is not too important as to your own private ideas --- but only what is in the Word of God...
represented fully by Jesus The Christ.

You also overlook verses that are posted by me...
Is this because they conflict with what you seem to believe?

I didnt say "words in read are symbolic" I said words in read are Jesus's words.

And yes, i only teach Pauline Theology.
Look that up.

Also, I post scriptures in every Thread, and in most Posts.
Go read this one and notices all the verses in it.

And, i posted 4 posts in response to your Thread....each section.
If i missed something that you want me to address, then post it.

Did you know that the father of Gnosticism, "Valentinus" almost became a Pope?

And.....?
Are you now stating that it's OK to be gnostic?
Many Popes did many wrong things...
are we OK if we follow in their footsteps?

And of course i teach that the Body is not the Spirit.
The body is dead, going the Grace, the Spirit in the Body, is born again, by the Spirit of God.
Of course the body is not the spirit and the spirit is not the soul.

This is what you stated in post no. 21:

Where the confusion comes in, is when a believer does not understand that their SPIRIT has become "the righteousness of GOD....In Christ".
See, most believers do not realize that their body and their mind is not the Real you.

THAT is what sounds very gnostic. The body is not the REAL YOU. The mind is not the REAL YOU.

Every part of us is the real us.
If you know about the body, soul and spirit, then you surely know that THE SPIRIT affects THE SOUL, and possibly even the body.
Each one of us is made up of these 3 elements ( if you are a believer of dichotomy, then the spirit and soul make one unit)....
Each one of us is unique.
Each one of us is THE REAL US.

IF we walk by the flesh,,, we will be lost.
IF we walk by the spirit...we will be saved.
Galatians 5:16
16But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.

Sounds like Paul is saying that carrying out the desires of the flesh is not recommended.
Sounds like Paul taught that it's very important what one does with their body.

We all know this Bethel.
So are you saying that the NT is not in sync with what Jesus taught and we should just deny what it says because it was not written yet for Jesus to quote from???
Didn't the N.T. writers put down in writing what Jesus taught?

wondering,

The 11 apostles quoted quite a bit of Jesus's words,,, they are found in "RED" in many bibles.

And the NT is in "sync" with mostly Paul, as he wrote most of it.

The way the NT explains it, is...
that the writers of the Bible, were "inspired" and wrote.
Were they always? I think that depends on if they were teaching or if they were dealing with something.
For example, when Paul is writing about being shipwrecked, im not sure that is God inspiring him to list what happened.
Apostles had some hard times. Paul was once stoned to death, and that was just listed , described, and that was not God inspiring them, that was them describing it.

Also, notice the Gospels.....
You have different Gospels and they describe what Jesus did. Yet, each offers a unique description.
They all give us a different account...each is a different person describing what they actually witnessed.
And that is beautiful, because this allows us to know that it was not just one person writing the Gospels.
Each eyewitness account, has a different perspective, and describes what they saw, differently.

And.....?
Are you now stating that it's OK to be gnostic?
Many Popes did many wrong things...
are we OK if we follow in their footsteps?

Of course the body is not the spirit and the spirit is not the soul.

This is what you stated in post no. 21:

Where the confusion comes in, is when a believer does not understand that their SPIRIT has become "the righteousness of GOD....In Christ".
See, most believers do not realize that their body and their mind is not the Real you.

THAT is what sounds very gnostic. The body is not the REAL YOU. The mind is not the REAL YOU.

Every part of us is the real us.
If you know about the body, soul and spirit, then you surely know that THE SPIRIT affects THE SOUL, and possibly even the body.
Each one of us is made up of these 3 elements ( if you are a believer of dichotomy, then the spirit and soul make one unit)....
Each one of us is unique.
Each one of us is THE REAL US.

IF we walk by the flesh,,, we will be lost.
IF we walk by the spirit...we will be saved.
Galatians 5:16
16But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.

Sounds like Paul is saying that carrying out the desires of the flesh is not recommended.
Sounds like Paul taught that it's very important what one does with their body.

Paul said that if you want to stop sinning and confessing , and instead live here...>"Christ always gives me the Victory"< then the way you do that, i have described in about 4 Threads on this forum.

And no, Its not good to be a Gnostic.
A True Gnostic, teaches that there is no sin, so, there is no need for a Cross and a Christ to deal with sin.
This denies the Cross, and reject's Jesus, and that will find you in Hell wondering why you did that all you life.
Bad idea.

The Spirit, lives in the Body.
The Spirit is what is born again, not the body.

The Soul, is the mind.....will.....and emotiona.

See those 3 parts of yourself.

Spirit
Soul
Body

Are you saying that if you sin, you are lost again, going to hell, and if you confess, God saves you again?

So, you could sin 34 times in an hour and are lost each time, and confess 34 times the next hour, and are saved 34 more times?

That wont work as God does not save you to begin with for confessing sin, He saves you for believing in Christ.
Please don't put words into my mouth.
I write what I mean.

And, since you do not reply to my posts in a proper manner, explaining why you don't agree with the verses in my posts,
I feel no obligation to justify myself to you.

You can believe what you will about me....
But it's a very serious matter that you mislead some Christians that may not know their bible very well by saying sweet sounding words:

2 Timothy 4:2-4
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

BTW,,,,have you read John 20:23?
That was Jesus speaking.

And John also said that if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive our sins.
1 John 1:9

Yet if you dont obey that requirement, you can't go to heaven.
Cute reply...as usual.
Nothing backed up by scripture.
When did Jesus ever say JUST BELIEVE IN ME AND YOU'LL BE GOING TO HEAVEN?

Please explain what the word BELIEVE means.
Please explain what Jesus meant when He said HE is the way, the truth and the life.

How does that justify what YOU are stating on this forum?

But it's a very serious matter that you mislead some Christians that may not know their bible very well by saying sweet sounding words:
And you should not accuse me of doing that and not quote verses, and when you do that, you are not being honest.
Ok?
You are implying something, without proving it.

And have you remitted anyone's sin's lately? You might start with JLB

Also, if you are confessing sin, then you are not understanding 1 John 3:9

Paul said that if you want to stop sinning and confessing , and instead live here...>"Christ always gives me the Victory"< then the way you do that, i have described in about 4 Threads on this forum.

And no, Its not good to be a Gnostic.
A True Gnostic, teaches that there is no sin, so, there is no need for a Cross and a Christ to deal with sin.
This denies the Cross, and reject's Jesus, and that will find you in Hell wondering why you did that all you life.
Bad idea.

The Spirit, lives in the Body.

The Soul, is the mind.....will.....and emotiona.

See those 3 parts of yourself.

Spirit
Soul
Body
You said above:

You're a gnostic Bethel.
You just don't know it yet.

Gnostics were rejected and denied access into the Christian churches.
John was already concerned about them while he was still alive.

And you should not accuse me of doing that and not quote verses, and when you do that, you are not being honest.
Ok?

And have you remitted anyone's sin's lately? You might start with JLB

Also, if you are confessing sin, then you are not understanding 1 John 3:9
I am not living a life of sin,,,as John is mentioning in 1 John 3:9
If you think it means committing a sin, then you have created a conflict in the N.T.

1 John 1:9 says we sin and we are to confess our sins, even though we are children of God.
He refers to the audience as MY LITTLE CHILDREN.

1 John 3:9 says that whoever sins is lawless and Jesus denied the Lawless in Matthew 7:23,
so we have a nice conflict here (according to you).

Cute reply...as usual.
Nothing backed up by scripture.

No need for the hateful arrogance, wondering.

We can have a conversation, as long as you can control that....

Listen...
Jesus said that if you dont belIeve He is the Messiah, you will die in your sin.
John 8
You know your bible right? You dont need to always be shown where to look?
for_his_glory, can't find any verses unless you give him chapter and verse.

Also, God said......Let me post it for you....>John 3:36. """""Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.""""

See that "wrath of God"...... that is what remains on you if you do not OBEY the Gospel.

And when Jesus comes back, He is going to slaughter and burn those who have not obey'd the Gospel.
Let me give you that verse.
2nd Thessalonians 1:8,9

You said above:

You're a gnostic Bethel.
You just don't know it yet.

The born again Spirit, is "one with God in Christ" not the body.
The body is not born again.....its dying., and heading to the grave.
Romans 8:10. The body is "dead because of SIN".......so, does that sound like the born again Spirit is the "dead body"?
What are you talking about , wondering?
What church are you from ????

The born again Spirit, gets a NEW BODY......
Dont you know this?

See, that is not "gnostic" teaching..... Thats simple NT reality.

Ok?
I have scripture in all my first posts to you...
try no. 21 and 27.

I have said that teachers have a greater responsibility before God.
James 3:1

I have said that many will fall away due to listening to sweet, but untruthful words.
2 Timothy 4:3-4

Here's some more:
1 Timothy 1:3
3As I urged you when I was going to Macedonia, remain at Ephesus so that you may charge certain persons not to teach any different doctrine,

2 Peter 2:1-3
But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

Acts 20:29
I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock;

1 John 1:9 says we sin and we are to confess our sins, even though we are children of God.
He refers to the audience as MY LITTLE CHILDREN.
Ok now you just deceived.
Who are you trying to kid here, ?

1 John 2:1 says "little Children" not 1 John 1:9.

And get a real bible.

then read 1 Jn 3:8 as a real bible will tell you that you can't sin, because the Seed remains in you.

Back