Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Reasonable Clashes of Biblical Interpretation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think there is definitely one 'faith once delivered to the saints' (Jude); in other words, a whole body of doctrine - especially about the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus - that most born again Christians would be in a lot of agreement about.

Having said this, just because I read the Bible it does not mean that I must insist to everyone that I must be right on everything 100% per cent of the time. God reveals some things clearly; other things He gives a variety of angles about. I need to figure that sometimes I may come to different conclusions from those of my fellow-believers.

Blessings.

Faith without works is indeed dead, as James writes. But Paul wasn't mistaken saying, "to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness."

Paul was not mistaken, nor James, for example.
Hi Barth, isn't it possible for both to be right, and the context we read is incorrect? In the never-ending debate of grace versus works both authors are presenting differing separate doctrines of faith altogether?

When faith is spoken of, it is not always by the means which we are saved. Men shall know us by our fruit, and James brings that forth; do we possess a faith that is alive producing fruit or not.

Paul attacked the meat of the question of our eternal inheritance head on. By grace we are saved through faith, and then the means by which it comes; every man is given a measure of it, and he goes on to tell how it comes.

I think there is definitely one 'faith once delivered to the saints' (Jude); in other words, a whole body of doctrine - especially about the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus - that most born again Christians would be in a lot of agreement about.

Having said this, just because I read the Bible it does not mean that I must insist to everyone that I must be right on everything 100% per cent of the time. God reveals some things clearly; other things He gives a variety of angles about. I need to figure that sometimes I may come to different conclusions from those of my fellow-believers.

Blessings.

That's true. I believe that I may see some scripture differently than I did 30, 20, or even 10 yrs ago. So why would I assume that someone else will see things exactly as I do.
I believe the Holy Spirit shows us things at different times in our walk. Jesus told the Apostles that He had many more things to teach/tell them but not right then. And we all have different walks, we are individuals, similar but different.

Ed,
I attend a large country Church with about 150 active members and a roll of just over three hundred. The first day I walked in there I needed the phone for a local call and I loeft and begged a quarter from a stranger, rather than offend the person there, it was that colkd in there.

Then the LORD, about 48 months later called, my wife and our daughter to be there. When we Joined there was still an air of cooness that the new and young Pastor was working to knock the edge off of. We hug, always have and always will. Some of the members elected one man to come to us to ask us to join them in helping to prevent the spread of disease in the church by no9t hugging and not touching one another.

DID NOT HAPPEN and every one of those folks have left for different churches, now. With them leaving, in anger, te entire Church Family now hugs one another and welcomes new comers with a hug and it is the warmest church I have ever attended. God did not raise us up to push others down.

You go my man and God bless. Just remember, Bill Taylor is that ugly but forgiven sinner trying to get this thing right.

Praise God, you all made a difference there and brought some unity to your church. I don't think mankind generally 'gets it' how love works and the extent of the power of it. We seem to out in a box of sorts. When people hug there's a coming together of the two spirits I think and a very real transfer of spiritual energy both ways. Hugging is important, no wonder Satan made the move to turn people cold towards one another, so they would not do these things!

A certain Pastor was teaching about the spiritual realm and translation (Bruce Allen) and was recounting that while he was at the pulpit about to begin, a heavenly chariot came in the room to him in front of the pulpit complete with a heavenly horse. He thought to test this spirit and (heart to heart) says to the horse, did Jesus come in the flesh? The horse said yes...then all of a sudden the bridle and halter fell off and the horse said to him, that is not necessary for the bond is love...That was very insightful to me on many levels. There's a lot more power in love than we realize. As we seek the mind of Christ, we would become love, for God is love. Therein is the unification of the body. One of those things that is easy to do but hard to learn I think. All it takes is belief and submitting to God 100%. I'm working on that, lol.

Here's a link to the video where Bruce recounts about the chariot. That story begins at ~7 min in.

But more to the point that we are discussing is Pastor Dan Mohler. This man is bubbling over with love!

Praise God, you all made a difference there]
You know Ed, this is the first and perhaps the last time I'll tell this recounting of that event. I worry, a lot, about the reaction and you have just reacted the way I worry about. We must never pump the teacher. I and my family did nothing, we were simply the tools God used to work His work.

Thank you but I do not deserve any credit, it all belongs to Jesus.

LOL! Wait until you've been teaching better than twenty years, are gray, loosing your teeth and get cocky, not that I would ever do that. ;-) I'd never pull your leg, either, right?

I like you example using the Baptist, that works. I played and sang Juke Joints for twenty-five years and then when I was saved I played the Churches, Prisons and Elder's homes for free until my MS became so bed I gave all my guitars away but I kept the 20 mouth harps and still blow a number and sing once in a while.

I have never been strong on being a Baptist and do not understand those that do because all the saved will be seated together when we go home and if we would unite, we would rule the world.

But I love Cajun Swamp people also and I learned a long time ago, the Bible is, in some ways, just like the Gators we hooked. If you handle it the wrong way it will kill you and folks are sure loose with their dealings when working God's Word.

Many times I have had New Covenant and modern day New Testament Christians hit me with the fourth Commandment and tell me because I am a decorate War Veteran that having violated the Bible and I'm going straight to Hell in a hand basket. They are very hard to deal with because of their utter and complete lack of Old Testament study. The lack of total Bible study is, I believe, the biggest problem we face today.

Interesting statement Bill, a warrior for his Country is put down by many uneducated believers. I instruct them to read Joshua and then tell me, so was Joshua a sinner like me?

a soldier who repented and is saved isn't condemned for his past actions,likewise if a Christian unknowingly was used to take land but believe he was defending his nation isn't damned either. this is a derail, and I don't want to go farther. I have pondered that and if interested pm me.

Interesting statement Bill, a warrior for his Country is put down by many uneducated believers. I instruct them to read Joshua and then tell me, so was Joshua a sinner like me?
My most used reply is to direct them to examine David, the man after God's own heart. Like King David, I would have no business building the Temple because of the blood on my hands but God need warriors also, just not for building Temples.

Latin root word for religion is bondage, which is different then that of Gods pure religion of James 1:27, but that of following tradition and the doctrine of a mans church, not Gods true Church. Religion tells you what you can and cannot do and becomes socially acceptable by mans interpretations, traditions and doctrines. Religion is what nailed Christ to the cross because this Bible is not socially acceptable to society, if it were then Christ would have died in vain. God is not about mans religion, nor does he recognize religion. God is about a personal relationship with you and His son Jesus Christ.

John 1:1 in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 the same was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3 all things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:4 in him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John 1:5 and the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans 10:10 for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Truth has now turned to deception of the carnal minds ways of thinking which produces mans interpretations, traditions of law and doctrine. Satan has such a foothold on religions and has side blinded all of us into believing whatever is taught behind the pulpit is truth because after all, they are the Priest, Rabbis, Pastors, etc. etc. and they should know what they are talking about because they are our teachers. Satan is pretty clever and the master of lies and deceit.

1Peter 5:8 be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil is seeking to whom he may devour.
1Peter 5:9 Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
1Peter 5:10 but the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you.

1Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles, (wisdom) of God, if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth, that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ to whom be praise and dominion forever and ever, Amen.

Revelation 22:18 for I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Latin root word for religion is bondage, which is different then that of Gods pure religion of James 1:27, but that of following tradition and the doctrine of a mans church, not Gods true Church. Religion tells you what you can and cannot do and becomes socially acceptable by mans interpretations, traditions and doctrines. Religion is what nailed Christ to the cross because this Bible is not socially acceptable to society, if it were then Christ would have died in vain. God is not about mans religion, nor does he recognize religion. God is about a personal relationship with you and His son Jesus Christ.

John 1:1 in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 the same was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3 all things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:4 in him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John 1:5 and the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans 10:10 for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Truth has now turned to deception of the carnal minds ways of thinking which produces mans interpretations, traditions of law and doctrine. Satan has such a foothold on religions and has side blinded all of us into believing whatever is taught behind the pulpit is truth because after all, they are the Priest, Rabbis, Pastors, etc. etc. and they should know what they are talking about because they are our teachers. Satan is pretty clever and the master of lies and deceit.

1Peter 5:8 be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil is seeking to whom he may devour.
1Peter 5:9 Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
1Peter 5:10 but the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you.

1Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles, (wisdom) of God, if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth, that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ to whom be praise and dominion forever and ever, Amen.

Revelation 22:18 for I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Debbie, that's the best I've seen for a long time. Thank you for taking the time to approach this subject with the correct Scriptures. We all need to be aware of what is of God and what is religious traditions.

Hi Barth, isn't it possible for both to be right, and the context we read is incorrect? In the never-ending debate of grace versus works both authors are presenting differing separate doctrines of faith altogether?

When faith is spoken of, it is not always by the means which we are saved. Men shall know us by our fruit, and James brings that forth; do we possess a faith that is alive producing fruit or not.

Paul attacked the meat of the question of our eternal inheritance head on. By grace we are saved through faith, and then the means by which it comes; every man is given a measure of it, and he goes on to tell how it comes.

Yeah, I was basically trying to say, when Christians clash because they disagree about interpretation, there's always Scripture that can bring us into unity of understanding.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back