Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Regeneration / Baptism

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Are you saying the water spoken of by Jesus in John 3 is not natural Birth water OR baptisimal water, but THE WORD? (the word would be the water).
I f you do not mind I will answer that question. There is no where in Scripture where natural birth is refereed to as being born of water. The Scripture phrase is one phrase...not two (like bread and butter or hot and cold or salt and pepper). You must be born of water and Spirit. (Ezek. 36:25-27) is a good example,he says, I will sprinkle them with clean water.........and put a new Spirit....He also says, My Spirit in you. It is one process. Cleansing with the word of God and being born again of the Spirit. You can not put new wine in an old wine skin. It must be a new wine skin. (1 Cor. 6:10-11) is another one, You were washed.....you were cleansed.....of the old self (John 15:3) we are washed or cleansed by the word before we can receive the Holy Spirit. (John 13:10) Christ tells the disciples they are already clean (by the word).

The body must be cleansed by the water of the word before any resident of the Holy Ghost. Hope that helps.

The best of each opponent.
Sounds like a fight !

I've never done this, but I'd be willing to give it a go.
Start it.

Others on this forum call the one on one an argument. If you will notice I've never used that term on the one on one. I've termed it a discussion. I think of it also as a "come now, let us reason together", Isa.1:18. Or "what saith the scripture?" Rom.4:3, or "what the Bible teaches", if simply an argument leave me out. I want to know what God's will is, on any subject. We could call the one on one simply a "study" which is what I want it to be.

As for your participation in one with me I don't know what we disagree on.

God bless, and best wishes, Billy

Others on this forum call the one on one an argument. If you will notice I've never used that term on the one on one. I've termed it a discussion. I think of it also as a "come now, let us reason together", Isa.1:18. Or "what saith the scripture?" Rom.4:3, or "what the Bible teaches", if simply an argument leave me out. I want to know what God's will is, on any subject. We could call the one on one simply a "study" which is what I want it to be.

As for your participation in one with me I don't know what we disagree on.

God bless, and best wishes, Billy
Funny.
I was going to write to you about this just before.
I do believe we agree on baptism.
There wouldn't be much to discuss !
Blessings

wow are we sorta sisters... had my knee replaced Aug 3.. riding and owies :)
Pray you are coming along fine... Snow riding is fun and squirrelly
Ty for your prayers and back at you. Little sore, but healing fine. It's easier than the knee replacements I had as there is no therapy other than walking around the house.

PZ
I read The Shack
Some don't care for it because it doesn't properly represent the Godhead.
First of all, it's not a theological thesis.
Second of all, it DID help me to understand the Trinity better.
I should read it again, but I remember that I liked it and had no problem with it.
I think you'll find the discussion interesting...

Oh, And keep washing those dishes.
Maybe I could give my hubby your email address??
I can recommend another book and you will love it. Finding God in the Shack by Randal Rauser. If you have a kindle app and an amazon account, I can loan it to you for two weeks. (I think it works in other countries too) I would just need your email address associated with amazon to do the loan. I loaned it to a friend and he then bought the book and wants to do a study using Rauser's book. It's full of good stuff on the nature of God. Well written and easy to follow (which I like).

I can recommend another book and you will love it. Finding God in the Shack by Randal Rauser. If you have a kindle app and an amazon account, I can loan it to you for two weeks. (I think it works in other countries too) I would just need your email address associated with amazon to do the loan. I loaned it to a friend and he then bought the book and wants to do a study using Rauser's book. It's full of good stuff on the nature of God. Well written and easy to follow (which I like).
HI PZ
I don't like reading on an app.
But here's what I'll do...
I'll try to order the book from Amazon.it or Amazon.uk

IF I can't get it, and it's free anyway, I'll TRY to read it on kindle and will send you my email.
Oh. And I do have a tablet but I'll have to check about the kindle app. I can't remember ever downloading one...

Will let you know...
Thanks!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back