Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Roman Catholic Teachings Contradict the Bible

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You are right, Francis. I think it would be best if I prayed for solo as well. He has been added to my prayer list.

francisdesales said:
It sounds like you are upset that I noted that you have a problem with the female gender and like to keep them in check as if they were property. Both Exodus and Deuteronomy are books from Sacred Scripture, last time I checked. WE emphasize the fact that women are not property and you get upset? Are you upset that Protestant women might figure out that they do not want to accept your subservient role that you have planned for them? Again, I would be interested in hearing how Protestant ladies feel about this teaching...

Regards

What does the Commandments have to do with the female gender? Once again you avoid the topic. What's this "WE emphasize..." anyway...who said anything about anyone being anyone's property? Don't go putting words in my mouth, slick. You avoid the fact that Catholicism deletes the second commandment and worm around to something pulled out of the air to remove suspicion of the truth....a common phenomonon with Roman Catholics as I've experienced. As far as women go, I think they're the crowning achievement of God's creation. If you don't believe that look in the mirror and you'll see why. :-?

D46 said:
What does the Commandments have to do with the female gender? Once again you avoid the topic.

I already explained this. One of the list of commandments considered women as property, the other list separates the women from property. I am still waiting for you to answer my question on WHY does God COMMAND Moses to build an Ark of the Covenant with ANGELS on it (gasp!!!)

D46 said:
Don't go putting words in my mouth, slick. You avoid the fact that Catholicism deletes the second commandment and worm around to something pulled out of the air to remove suspicion of the truth....a common phenomonon with Roman Catholics as I've experienced.

Sorry, I won't be biting your trolls today...

Regards

Solo said:
No one is attacking Roman Catholics. The rebuke, correction, and reproof of the Roman Catholic teachings that are leading people into the pit of hell is what is being proclaimed. Only those who prefer Roman Catholic dogma over the truth of the scriptures are offended.

Solo I've been away. How many Catholics have you convinced to join your infallibleness since I've been gone with your distortions and false witness against Holy Mother Church? :roll: SFD has done a good job of rebuking your lies and so I will not rehash his material. Folks read SFD with an open mind. Solo posts with malice.

D46 said:
From the Catechism...

"2132 The Christian veneration of images is not contrary to the first commandment which proscribes idols. Indeed, "the honor rendered to an image passes to its prototype," and "whoever venerates an image venerates the person portrayed in it."[70] The honor paid to sacred images is a "respectful veneration," not the adoration due to God alone: "

First of all, not bowing to a graven image is the 2nd command, not the first. The evil men who wrote the Catholic Catechism deceitfully split the 10th commandment into two to make up for the missing 2nd commandment. Why are there two commandments telling us not to covet? Seems kind of strange don't you think? It's obvious what the devil has done here. You can't just eradicate the 2nd commandment!

Secondly, the quoted passage from the Catechism above is blasphemy. God clearly warns us in Exodus 20:4-5 NOT to make unto ourselves ANY graven images. The brazen serpent was God's idea, not Moses. God never told us ANYWHERE in the Word of God to make a statue of anyone or anything. The Israelites were instructed to "look" to the serpent (which pictured Christ) and live. The people were NOT instructed to bow, honor, or pray to a statue. The Catholics can devilishly call their idolatry "Respectful Veneration" if they want to, but it's a direct violation of the 2nd Commandment (which you don't have in Catholicism).

Exodus 20:4,5 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God...

ARTICLE 1
THE FIRST COMMANDMENT

I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them.3

It is written: "You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve."4

Seems like I see the words of the commandment that Solo and D46 say we left out here. We include it in the first commandment. Biblically this is of course consistent with the making of Cheribs on the mercy seat and in the temple as they quite clearly are not God and that is the problem with the graven images of the day in which the commandments were ordered. That Golden Calf was a God to them and so therefore it is clear they were having other God's before them by making a graven image that they saw as a God. The problem wasn't an image. I wonder if D46 and Solo have pictures of the families, they must be agast at going through protestant stores that have angels and figurines and those darn toy stores with stuffed animals. DAM ALL THOSE IDOLATROUS KIDDIES TO HELL!

! I speak in jest but of course they will not see the ridiculousness of this claim in this simple example that shows that the graven images part is clearly and naturally only fitting in the context of the first command. And of course the Bible does not tell us which are to be the ten commandments. There was no numbers in the Bible until the 1500's. No chapter, no verse. There wasn't even punctuation until the 5th century as I recall.

This is a hoot: 8-)
6) Rosary

Catholic teaching: Praying the Rosary expresses devotion to the Virgin Mary

Bible: Only the heathen (which are non-Christians) say the same prayer over and over. By saying the rosary you are also asking her to pray for you. You should be praying to Christ or God.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus

Matthew 6:7 "And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

Apparently there are some heathens in heaven.

8: And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all round and within, and day and night they never cease to sing, "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!"

Now if they said this once every 5 seconds that would be 12 times a minite, 720 times an hour, x 24 x eternity, you get the picture. Dang heathens. Then of course there was that blind begar in Luke 18. Kept annoying the Apostles saying over and over "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me." . Vain repetion I guess. Funny thing is Jesus healed him. No I think not all repetition is vain and Solo and D46 can't judge hearts as good as they think they can. Their rather lousy at scriptural exegesis as well.

thessalonian said:
This is a hoot: 8-)

Apparently there are some heathens in heaven.

8: And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all round and within, and day and night they never cease to sing, "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!"

Now if they said this once every 5 seconds that would be 12 times a minite, 720 times an hour, x 24 x eternity, you get the picture. Dang heathens. Then of course there was that blind begar in Luke 18. Kept annoying the Apostles saying over and over "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me." . Vain repetion I guess. Funny thing is Jesus healed him. No I think not all repetition is vain and Solo and D46 can't judge hearts as good as they think they can. Their rather lousy at scriptural exegesis as well.

LOL. Good one Thess. That's what I call taking the mickey out them :biggrin

francisdesales said:
If you follow the way Solo presents his opinions, you'd think he was the mouthpiece of God - so be careful!

Seriously, though, he is no different than any other person who is zealous --and zealously wrong. Unfortunately, such people have a tendency to condemn those who do not follow their teachings... We seem to have a lot of such zealous people in the world today. The love of God is not within such people.

As Christians, all we can do is pray for such people.

Regards

Ok, NOW I've heard it ALL. ZEALOUSNESS? The CC tortured and murdered perhaps MILLIONS of innocent people over their belief system and you would accuse OTHERS of being ZEALOUS. BOYYYYOOOOOBOYYOOOOBOY.

There is NOTHING wrong with being zealous so long as one follows the will of God. We are SUPPOSED to be zealous in this regard. Now, please explain how God's will was for the CC to murder God's children for the simple sake of 'man-made' doctrine? Or how it is God's will that the CC CONTROL God's children for what they could TAKE from them? Or how they could insist that their priest NOT wed yet allow the illicit sexual behavior of such to run rampant in their church?

It would seem that zealous is CERTAINLY a word that could be used to discribe the behavior of the CC down through the centuries. But zealous to what 'purpose'? God's will? Hardly, when we KNOW what that will is and compare it to the behavior of the CC leaders.

So, fran, let us NOT forget who we speak to when uttering such statements. My history in my feeble attempts to follow God's will are but a few short years and they are spotted CLEARLY with weakness and frailty. OPENLY ADMITTED. But, we ALSO have the recorded history of MANY hundreds of years of the CC. You may choose to ignore this and accuse those that recorded it of being biased. So be it. But there are MANY that recorded the SAME things and EVEN some of their VERY OWN. Downplaying the role of the CC in their zealous attempts to create a 'religion' of their own and force everyone within their realm of power to accept it or die does NOT change the FACTS.

Thess,

Good to see you again. Once again, I see you are in fine form. Let us NOT dispute the FACTS, but attempt to discredit one's character instead. Nice try, but to those that KNOW better, it doesn't work. Only to the uninformed do such tactics do ANYTHING other than offer the SAME spirit that has guided the CC for close to two thousand years now. The spirit that thinks that even that which SHOULD be sacred can be trampled upon and/or simply ignored so long as the end justifies the means.

Call NO MAN Father. Worship NO GRAVEN IMAGES. Forbid NOT to wed. There is NOT ONE righteous, NO, NOT ONE. The CC teaches that it is OK to call a priest Father. That it's OK to bow to carved images and pray. They forbid their priest to marry. And, that they have an infalible pope. These are but a few of the OBVIOUS contradictions that the CC has with the Bible. I know, I know, you HAVE found pretty 'neat' ways of 'talking around the TRUTH of such matters. But that the contradictions exist is WITHOUT doubt. We've already been through tons of them and for each, those Catholics that respond have some pretty fancy ways of 'talking around them'. Doesn't 'change' the truth though.

MEC

Imagican said:
Ok, NOW I've heard it ALL. ZEALOUSNESS? The CC tortured and murdered perhaps MILLIONS of innocent people over their belief system and you would accuse OTHERS of being ZEALOUS. BOYYYYOOOOOBOYYOOOOBOY.

There is NOTHING wrong with being zealous so long as one follows the will of God. We are SUPPOSED to be zealous in this regard. Now, please explain how God's will was for the CC to murder God's children for the simple sake of 'man-made' doctrine? Or how it is God's will that the CC CONTROL God's children for what they could TAKE from them? Or how they could insist that their priest NOT wed yet allow the illicit sexual behavior of such to run rampant in their church?

It would seem that zealous is CERTAINLY a word that could be used to discribe the behavior of the CC down through the centuries. But zealous to what 'purpose'? God's will? Hardly, when we KNOW what that will is and compare it to the behavior of the CC leaders.

So, fran, let us NOT forget who we speak to when uttering such statements. My history in my feeble attempts to follow God's will are but a few short years and they are spotted CLEARLY with weakness and frailty. OPENLY ADMITTED. But, we ALSO have the recorded history of MANY hundreds of years of the CC. You may choose to ignore this and accuse those that recorded it of being biased. So be it. But there are MANY that recorded the SAME things and EVEN some of their VERY OWN. Downplaying the role of the CC in their zealous attempts to create a 'religion' of their own and force everyone within their realm of power to accept it or die does NOT change the FACTS.

Thess,

Good to see you again. Once again, I see you are in fine form. Let us NOT dispute the FACTS, but attempt to discredit one's character instead. Nice try, but to those that KNOW better, it doesn't work. Only to the uninformed do such tactics do ANYTHING other than offer the SAME spirit that has guided the CC for close to two thousand years now. The spirit that thinks that even that which SHOULD be sacred can be trampled upon and/or simply ignored so long as the end justifies the means.

Call NO MAN Father. Worship NO GRAVEN IMAGES. Forbid NOT to wed. There is NOT ONE righteous, NO, NOT ONE. The CC teaches that it is OK to call a priest Father. That it's OK to bow to carved images and pray. They forbid their priest to marry. And, that they have an infalible pope. These are but a few of the OBVIOUS contradictions that the CC has with the Bible. I know, I know, you HAVE found pretty 'neat' ways of 'talking around the TRUTH of such matters. But that the contradictions exist is WITHOUT doubt. We've already been through tons of them and for each, those Catholics that respond have some pretty fancy ways of 'talking around them'. Doesn't 'change' the truth though.

MEC
You tell em.

ChristineES said:
Sometimes a person needs to replace the other person's name with his own when saying things. In other words, you should put protestant in the place of Catholic. "Protestants teachings contradict the Bible" If you would not like to hear it said of you, then it is a safe bet that it is not the right thing to say to someone else. :)

And I am not even a Catholic .

P. S. When I was a child, I always heard this statement "If you can't find anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. :wink:
I am not a protestant. I am a born again believer in Jesus Christ. His teachings are completly different than what the Roman Catholic institution teaches. If you do not want to show the false teachings of the Roman Catholic institution that are sending people to hell, that is your burden to carry, and experience to explain to the Lord when asked why you allowed those deceived by the devil to continue on their way to destruction. I have been shown the truth behind the Roman Catholic teachings by the Holy Spirit and His gift of proclaiming the word of God.

When my teachings are against the Word of God, I would expect a believer to rebuke, reproof, and correct me by the word of God, not a catechism, or tradition of men, or a thought, or accusation. I am impressed that you speak out against me, but hold your tongue when it comes to the lies of the Roman Catholic teachings.

thessalonian said:
Solo I've been away. How many Catholics have you convinced to join your infallibleness since I've been gone with your distortions and false witness against Holy Mother Church? :roll: SFD has done a good job of rebuking your lies and so I will not rehash his material. Folks read SFD with an open mind. Solo posts with malice.
Only those in bondage of the Roman Catholic teachings that have not had the wakening of the Holy Spirit, who adhere to the teachings of men, instead of the teachings of Jesus Christ will remain in the Roman Catholic institution.

Only those who are born of God will become members of the body of Christ Jesus. I have read hundreds of testimonies of Ex-Roman Catholics who have been born again, and are now children of God. They all say that the Roman Catholic Church does not teach the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have known this for 23 years.

I post against the lies of satan with malice. I do not coddle his teachings one iota. I hate the teachings of satan, and will speak against his lies and deceptions until the day that Jesus returns.

ChristineES said:
Oh, and by the way; How would you know who is going to hell? I thought only God knew that. :-D
God lives within me, does he not live within you?

How did Paul know when someone was not a believer?
How did Peter know when someone was not a believer?
How do you know when someone is not a believer?

Solo said:
Bible: Only the heathen (which are non-Christians) say the same prayer over and over.

I'm not Catholic. I don't follow Catholic teaching very closely, I don't usually participate in these forums. However, the comment that Solo made caught my eye.

There has been a lot of teaching on what Jesus said, in all denominations. When teaching the disciples to pray, He said:

Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Vain repetition. Not all repetition is vain. Let me give you an example from Scripture. Jesus is in the garden. He and the disciples had just eaten the last supper, and Judas was approaching with those who would arrest Christ and crucify Him.

Mat 26:42-44 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy. And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.

and prayed the third time, saying the same words.

Ask and keep on asking. As long as it comes from the heart. Listen for the answer. When you get the answer, ask the Lord to quicken it to your heart. Ask that He silence other voices. Ask that He purge from your heart anything that contradicts what He has said.

Chanting something vainly is totally different, and I believe that it is important to recognize the difference.

Here is a prayer that I have been known to repeat.

Father,
Bring us to a knowledge of perfect truth, make us one in the Spirit. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen

That’s cool, Gab. :smt045 I'm not catholic either but there’s a verse that I often repeat as a prayer in the same ‘vein.’ I just ask the Lord to “Cast down vain imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.â€Â

Just as I typed that, I misspelled ‘exaults’ and I was mentally reminded there is no ’U’ in ‘exalt.’ :smt037

Solo wrote:"God lives within me, does he not live within you?
"

When I am walking in love and loving my fellowman, yes, God abides in me and I in him.

As for Paul and Peter, except by direct revelation from God, they didn’t know and you don’t. You have to take them at their word until they prove otherwise by their words or their deeds. Even then, you don’t know if they are going to hell or not. ChristineES is right, only God knows that. Judge not, lest you be judged. Judge their actions and their doctrine but not their hearts. Judge this rather, that a man doesn't put a stumbling block in his brother's way.
:smt055

One last note: God will judge you the same way you judge others. If you keep nitpicking at what others are doing, then God will probably nitpick at anything you may do wrong. (Yes, and the same goes for me, too). This isn't whether you are right or wrong, but whether you are doing it in a loving way or in a judgmental way, whether you are doing to show what you know, or whether you are saying to help folks. You may think you doing it in a loving way, but it isn't coming across that way to the Catholics. They see it as an attack.

This isn't an attack your beliefs, I don't even know them.

Live with the false teachings or reveal the false teachings; that is your choice. I am given to rebuke, reprove, and correct those that are held in bondage by the false teachings of the Roman Catholic institution so that they may be freed from the bondage that they are under. No where in my posts will you find any hateful, unloving, derogatory remarks against the individuals in the Roman Catholic false church. You will only read my remarks against the false teachings and the false church.

The vail repetition of prayer are those prayers that are prayers not praising, asking, or supplicating for needs of self or others. One example of a vain repetition would be the rosary taught by the Roman Catholic institution. The prayer of Jesus praying for the cup to be removed is not a vain repetitious prayer. Any prayer with a request made over and over would not be a vain repetitious prayer, but a prayer such as the rosary is vain repetition.

http://www.pacifier.com/~rosarweb/howto.htm

unred typo said:
Solo wrote:"God lives within me, does he not live within you?
"

When I am walking in love and loving my fellowman, yes, God abides in me and I in him.

As for Paul and Peter, except by direct revelation from God, they didn’t know and you don’t. You have to take them at their word until they prove otherwise by their words or their deeds. Even then, you don’t know if they are going to hell or not. ChristineES is right, only God knows that. Judge not, lest you be judged. Judge their actions and their doctrine but not their hearts. Judge this rather, that a man doesn't put a stumbling block in his brother's way.
:smt055
The Holy Spirit dwells within all believers 100% of the time. Paul said that believers have the mind of Christ. Paul and Peter recognized false teachers and false teachings and unbelievers at every turn, because the Holy Spirit directed them. When love is the prime goal of a believer, he/she will rebuke, reprove, and correct the false teachings of the devil in order to protect those who are being lied to and deceived. If one does not do so, how is ignoring this called love? How can ignoring the discernment given by the Holy Spirit called love? It isn't called love, it is called sin.

Solo said:
Only those who are born of God will become members of the body of Christ Jesus. I have read hundreds of testimonies of Ex-Roman Catholics who have been born again, and are now children of God. They all say that the Roman Catholic Church does not teach the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have known this for 23 years.

And I PERSONALLY deal with people who fall away from the Catholic Church, become Protestant, and then RETURN HOME to the Catholic Church all the time. As someone who is in charge of RCIA (Rites of Christian Initiation of Adults), I see this story repeated weekly in front of my very eyes.

And you know what? In nearly EVERY case, these Catholic-Protestant returnees to the Faith have given one of two reasons for their initial leaving from Catholicism:

One; They didn't know their faith. Other things were more important at the time, so they considered God of secondary importance to job, kids, friends, etc. Thus, when challenged by a teacher of false doctrines, they were very easy prey. Only later when they more closely explored Catholicism did they realize their mistake. Judging by the many clip and pastes YOU post, Solo, this is proven all the time, since these "ex-Roman Catholics" cannot for the life of them even recall what the Church even teaches - presuming these charecters are not merely inventions of some Protestant Evangelical con-man trying to argue from authority, like your "pseduo-nun". Considering the "nun" most use Protestant sources when trying to refute Catholicism, it is quite obvious they are merely repeating the same dribble that is standard fare of Protestant apologists trying to trick Catholic "infants" out of the arms of their Mother...

Secondly; People left the faith because of personal issues. They didn't like a particular priest, or they felt that the new Mass let them down, or they didn't like the popularity contests found in some ministries. However, once they left, these former Catholics found the same thing outside the Church - Yes, Virginia, Protestants are not perfect, either. Thus, there will ALWAYS be problems in ANY community of people.

These people who were baptized were ALWAYS children of God. They didn't need some "altar call" of your choice of denomination to have God enter their heart. He was ALREADY THERE! What you SHOULD be concentrating on is that "second conversion". HERE is where the altar call might be more effective for those who are my separated brothers.

I am absolutely convinced that those people who leave the Catholic Church never knew what the Church taught, and are quite easily given a false gospel while they are on the "rebound" spiritually speaking. I am still waiting for you to post a person who ACTUALLY CAN GIVE correct Roman Catholic teachings - and then said he left anyways. THAT person is very rare indeed - because very few people who are truly pursuing God will abandon Truth.

Regards

Solo said:
The Holy Spirit dwells within all believers 100% of the time. Paul said that believers have the mind of Christ. Paul and Peter recognized false teachers and false teachings and unbelievers at every turn, because the Holy Spirit directed them. When love is the prime goal of a believer, he/she will rebuke, reprove, and correct the false teachings of the devil in order to protect those who are being lied to and deceived. If one does not do so, how is ignoring this called love? How can ignoring the discernment given by the Holy Spirit called love? It isn't called love, it is called sin.

Depends what you mean by "believer".

A person walking in Christ is a believer who has the Spirit within them. We can judge by the fruit of their works that the Spirit is indeed within them, as we can do NO good without Christ's Spirit.

However, a person who is NOT walking in Christ is muting the Holy Spirit. God desires to shine forth from EVERY believer. But He will not do so in spite of our free will. Thus, even Christians can yield to sin. And when they yield to "deadly" sin, they kill the life of grace within themselves. The Spirit leaves that child of God when a person, one who declared Christ as their savior, has by their actions shown that they do NOT believe in Christ's presence within themselves. Those who by their actions have no love and willingly sin have made Christ's sacrifice on the cross ineffective in their particular case - as I have previously shown in many Scripture verses, such as Heb 10:28.

Sorry to burst your self-inflated bubble, but the Scripture clearly tells us that those who deny Christ, EVEN AFTER RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE SPIRIT, will be potentially facing eternal damnation:

A faithful saying: for if we be dead with him, we shall live also with him. If we suffer, we shall also reign with him. If we deny him, he will also deny us. 2 Tim 2:11-12

Read this next one carefully. Note how our works are related to God's presence within us...

"For every one that doth evil hateth the light, and cometh not to the light, that his works may not be reproved. But he that doth truth, cometh to the light, that his works may be made manifest, because they are done in God" John 3:20-21

There are many more where that came from. You can't possibly get around the clear meaning of Scriptures. The Spirit only remains within those who do not DENY the Word and Will of the Father.

Regards

Back