Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

Glad the church building isn't empty any longer!

This latest picture is what used to be a bank, right?
No.akin to this.both built at the same decade,within a few years of each other
.stores .the one above had a twin across the street on orange.I remember both being in bad shape.only this survived.

Pocahontas apartments,in veroView attachment 8362

Apartments? Amazing! I wonder if the interior is as impressive as the exterior?
Never been inside but it's needing some work.the front with pocahontas is leaning back.the wood support is weakening.you won't notice with that image.

Those are the oldest milk silos on the county.probably close to a hundred years old.they were used up to a decade ago

Milk silos ??? Incredible!
I believe .that is the north view of Waldos secret garden.though not really part of that.it's used as a prop for the weddings.as a boy I went there with my mom to pay for milk delivery and often cows were seen at the intersection of 12th and 43rd ave.cattle were there.I have yet photo the milking area. The silos are just west of that.unless those are grain silos.but the cattle at the ranch weren't raised there.they were raised nit far from where I live now.

I believe .that is the north view of Waldos secret garden.though not really part of that.it's used as a prop for the weddings.as a boy I went there with my mom to pay for milk delivery and often cows were seen at the intersection of 12th and 43rd ave.cattle were there.I have yet photo the milking area. The silos are just west of that.unless those are grain silos.but the cattle at the ranch weren't raised there.they were raised nit far from where I live now.

I find that fascinating! I'm a 'city' girl ... but one who had a set of farming grandparents with livestock. Dairies were located in the rural areas, with the bottled milk, butter, heavy creams, etc, trucked to stores or to home deliveries. (We had home delivery) Grandparents didn't have a milk silo ... just grain silos. And after the dairy cows were milked, the raw milk was put into large metal cans which would be picked up for processing. (Grandmother retained one large can for personal use, as needed)

I find that fascinating! I'm a 'city' girl ... but one who had a set of farming grandparents with livestock. Dairies were located in the rural areas, with the bottled milk, butter, heavy creams, etc, trucked to stores or to home deliveries. (We had home delivery) Grandparents didn't have a milk silo ... just grain silos. And after the dairy cows were milked, the raw milk was put into large metal cans which would be picked up for processing. (Grandmother retained one large can for personal use, as needed)
I wonder who I can ask. I will try one of the tripsons.they owned and ran the diary after sexton died and or left it.

It's entirely feasible that those silos pictured were used to store the daily influx of raw milk awaiting processing.
He had to with amount of milk he sold. Schools used to sell it.he delivered it as well.inquiry sent to the tripsons family

Back