Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

Like it's counter part way north. Quay dock road ,its possible the people of Gifford were using this for supplies and would buy from the stores selling it off the dock or pick up or send shippments.prior to and after the Flagler line this was the way to travel and ship.it was used still I'm ww2.Quay dock rd.View attachment 8736it's the road that has a south east trajectory. Of note is the road to its north that heads east then changes to north east.I have photographed where that crossed and connected to the barrier island.old winter beach road and the old winter beach crossing.uses until it's fire in 1949.

You know, every time I read the name 'Gifford,' I automatically think of a little town not all that far from where I live. It was hit head-on by a tornado a couple of years ago ... they're still rebuilding. So when you mention Gifford Dock or Gifford Road... I think of Illinois' version!

Go figure!

You know, every time I read the name 'Gifford,' I automatically think of a little town not all that far from where I live. It was hit head-on by a tornado a couple of years ago ... they're still rebuilding. So when you mention Gifford Dock or Gifford Road... I think of Illinois' version!

Go figure!
Named after Henry Gifford. His home ,the oldest standing in the county is in Vero.if you notice us1.he cleared that from Sebastian to Fort Pierce. It was one county then.a topo of 1914 shows the original road of his.sadly Gifford is an insult to the people who lived there and had money and visions. I would have to read up on Gifford again.it was a bunch of white folk until the late 40s.

The home here is of that era, but not it's single car garage which is a new one.the original which looks no different was a flat roof and was razed and a new one built to look like it but it has an angle roof.mold dId it in.its on country club dr.but in its day it was called Valencia as in the oranges and across from the golf course.which is still there along with the Golf club house about where it was then in the 40s..the other club location was just north but not across the canal.the older one was way north and near the edge of the course .near the creek that is gone.I found that looking for the creek.

That car is so cool! Think how much out of the ordinary it would be to take a lengthy ride in that!
My bil is restoring a model t from the time.built in 1921.the home I posted is built in 1925.it and its neighbor ,whom I do know the resident ,both have flow wells.the Kennedy groves where were they built them and all of the old homes in thus area have deeds with spanish survey measurements and odd shape lots.the garage nearly is on the neighbor's lot

Now imagine driVing and living in vero when that style of car was common.you will get why the roads were so narrow and the narrow garages and parking garages.many remain. View attachment 8738

I can recall those narrow roads when I was young... those could still be found in rural areas in Illinois. A friend of mine in high school drove a restored Model T ... rather cool car ... he only drove it on nice days, though.

My bil is restoring a model t from the time.built in 1921.the home I posted is built in 1925.it and its neighbor ,whom I do know the resident ,both have flow wells.the Kennedy groves where were they built them and all of the old homes in thus area have deeds with spanish survey measurements and odd shape lots.the garage nearly is on the neighbor's lot

It would be fun to have a Model T!

I've owned houses older than the car your bil is restoring.

I can recall those narrow roads when I was young... those could still be found in rural areas in Illinois. A friend of mine in high school drove a restored Model T ... rather cool car ... he only drove it on nice days, though.
Still have a few.I was on one .26th st.while out there at the start of the piper route.I might have found an old ww2 relic.I can't search topos to see.macadam isn't used much .I see more of it on military bases.I know from and old map an s shaped road started at the location where I saw it.it's connected to the vero nas.

Road is visible from sattlelite imagery it's the s shaped one.not sure what it was used for.but it shows up on topos.btw that is the deadliest intersection in my county.it also was a the location of where a rodeo stadium was.I managed to find that once and will post it as well.the s shaped road was visible in that If I recall

Still have a few.I was on one .26th st.while out there at the start of the piper route.I might have found an old ww2 relic.I can't search topos to see.macadam isn't used much .I see more of it on military bases.I know from and old map an s shaped road started at the location where I saw it.it's connected to the vero nas.

I've driven some single track roads in the Highlands of Scotland that were just as narrow as some of those old paths driven by Model T's

I've driven some single track roads in the Highlands of Scotland that were just as narrow as some of those old paths driven by Model T's
Try learning to turn a semi on those paths without getting your trailer to track off it as you turn.or the god awful hmmt.where you must hug the opposite side of the turn you want to make.

Back