Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

What a truly beautiful tribute to Big Blue et al, Jason!

Thank you for sharing it here. It brought tears as I listened to the Ode ... your words were heart-felt and spoke the salute you were giving the plant.

All the pictures are lovely as well.
four pumps are gone near that dock. I also remember the plant always was running.

I spent an hour out there getting the photos and video.The best pic is the one where big blue is black.she is viewed from east.

Cooling tower ,which I posted being dismantled. I will post the pre demo photos.I'm glad I spent two hours getting photos of her months ago.I have a few more to shoot way south.probably a mile or more south.

Cooling tower ,which I posted being dismantled. I will post the pre demo photos.I'm glad I spent two hours getting photos of her months ago.I have a few more to shoot way south.probably a mile or more south.

I'm glad you got the pictures months ago as well. The before and the after ....

Jeff little,told me the boiler set up.This plant was tied into Ft pierce directly after Hurricane David as they couldn't restart the plant and had to use the old diesel plant to fire up big blue.This was in 1979.The ft pierce plant was razed about a decade ago,and ironically they man the FMPA plant.The tie in room is still there in big blue.big blue has restarted the twin,it had in Fort Pierce. It on the exterior looked the sane but inside it wasnt.Big blue also was the only plant that could start off the grid it's on in the region. The cng turbine has an electric start .

Jeff little,told me the boiler set up.This plant was tied into Ft pierce directly after Hurricane David as they couldn't restart the plant and had to use the old diesel plant to fire up big blue.This was in 1979.The ft pierce plant was razed about a decade ago,and ironically they man the FMPA plant.The tie in room is still there in big blue.big blue has restarted the twin,it had in Fort Pierce. It on the exterior looked the sane but inside it wasnt.Big blue also was the only plant that could start off the grid it's on in the region. The cng turbine has an electric start .

They should have turned Big Blue and its building into a museum, a salute to the past.

They should have turned Big Blue and its building into a museum, a salute to the past.
It's not going down any time soon.I know they will gut the main edifice, but it will still stand along with the switches out front.

I may resuggest the marker.Fpls first plant way north,built about the sane time as the old diesel plant still stands.Like Vero electric they sold Ice as well.

Sounds like your area is having financial problems like many others. Spending priorities have been so skewed that the list of what needs to be done becomes ridiculous.

Politicians like to spend our tax dollars on new projects, without a care about what must be maintained.
Not going into the rant I might have posted in that video.

Get this .they didn't maintain the grid as they ought as they want to sell it.the transfer switch and substation has parts predating big blue!

Yet the locals want it both ways.oh wait till they loose power and have to cycle power usage until the Ouc can handle.big blue sat idle and was operational when a power outage of 75 percent of the grid occured and two options were available .fire up the Gifford substation or Big Blue.

Not going into the rant I might have posted in that video.

Get this .they didn't maintain the grid as they ought as they want to sell it.the transfer switch and substation has parts predating big blue!

Yet the locals want it both ways.oh wait till they loose power and have to cycle power usage until the Ouc can handle.big blue sat idle and was operational when a power outage of 75 percent of the grid occured and two options were available .fire up the Gifford substation or Big Blue.

I understand about the grid not being maintained properly.

In the early 90s, an ice storm hit the area in which I lived at the time. Over 75% of the city lost power....some for over 2 weeks! Reason? Power lines weren't properly maintained. The crews that traveled to my area to lend a helping hand during the ice disaster were asked to 'donate' new power lines & transformers. Talk about ridiculous! The power company, which charged a pretty penny for their service, couldn't be bothered to update & repair where needed.

The bathhouse isn't that old. I'm older then that, but given its appearance it's a darn good job in how they matched it to the home.

Back