Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

yes. I was just informed. it was asked where this was at an I gave the location basing it on the angle of the apartment in the photo. I have mentioned this place before.

Bill Brock

Is he someone still in your area...or someone who was just passing through?

I used to know some Brocks in the Chicago area, including a Will Brock.

Is he someone still in your area...or someone who was just passing through?

I used to know some Brocks in the Chicago area, including a Will Brock.
that was taken in the 40s. I believe they are all passed away. Nellie Brock Nelson was living in Vero when they were on leave.

A famous bakery?
Local. Langhbehn'S bakery

That was closed before I could remember trying there goods.it's edifice still stands as is a law office. I used to start my library route on that location .the other photos are on the flc route.the Edgewood area has gained one more art gallery.When I was reading the in town route I noticed it. I was planning to give an updated photo on a restoration.

I miss having local bakeries. Stop off after work to pick up some fresh-baked bread or the occasional dessert............stop in before work for something yummy to take for brunch. Now the only bakeries are found at grocery stores.....and they leave a lot to be desired.

I miss having local bakeries. Stop off after work to pick up some fresh-baked bread or the occasional dessert............stop in before work for something yummy to take for brunch. Now the only bakeries are found at grocery stores.....and they leave a lot to be desired.
We have lost a few.I think there might be one left.

There was a bakery in Peoria that was absolutely fabulous. Everything I tried was delicious and a bona fide treat. The owners decided to retire and sold the bakery. As with many such situations, the quality of the baked goods seem to go down. They also offered more and more gluten-free items, which is fine if someone is truly allergic to gluten.

Three, one on the mfc route.one on the in town that sells french pastries,one on the beach.

These by name are Classic Cup Cakes,Pattiseries,Frosty

Only one I have tried.

Well yes and no.Frosty's .I have a rule if I go there for city business I don't buy there.I don't mean reading there Meters.sometimes we get a mouthful .

Leo Schlitt owned the apartments. If you ask about the owners names.These two have stories.

The Schlitt family brought the first catholic church here.I have posted photos of that place .St Helen's.That family was a real estate,painting and construction. There's a plaque to be photographed next time I hit up the Publix route.Ed Schlittle sr created the Miracle Mile concept in the 60s.

Leo Schlitt owned the apartments. If you ask about the owners names.These two have stories.

The Schlitt family brought the first catholic church here.I have posted photos of that place .St Helen's.That family was a real estate,painting and construction. There's a plaque to be photographed next time I hit up the Publix route.Ed Schlittle sr created the Miracle Mile concept in the 60s.

They were a very involved family, weren't they!

Quite the contributors to the growing community!

Back