Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

The style of building is a big identifier that it originated as a gas station. Am just glad that the building's usage evolved over the years so it was occupied as long as it was. Buildings need people!
My town is odd.I will sneak in a garage that is to my knowledge the oldest but never sold gas and isn't far from the the favorite of yours.the mjm car wash.I have walked to both practically.

If I'm remembering history properly (and there aren't any guarantees), garages were around prior to what we know as gas stations today. After the automobile was created, garages sold bottles/containers of gasoline. It took a bit of time to develop gas pumps & holding tanks into proper order. When they were available for installation and usage, many garages expanded to include gas pumps and supplies for autos (including cloths to wipe down the windshield & lap blankets.).

If I'm remembering history properly (and there aren't any guarantees), garages were around prior to what we know as gas stations today. After the automobile was created, garages sold bottles/containers of gasoline. It took a bit of time to develop gas pumps & holding tanks into proper order. When they were available for installation and usage, many garages expanded to include gas pumps and supplies for autos (including cloths to wipe down the windshield & lap blankets.).
The edifice was built in 1926 or earlier.it's not unusual for just garages to have never sold gas here.I know those two.I will list them.
1) fallen fender ,which is what I just mentioned.
2)to the south is a three bay garage that I have yet to photo and only does import cars.
3) where I bought my truck ,aptly named direct sale and leasing.
I too have heard that story and since no old Sinclair station remains as those are in the old Vero pics I have no way outside of an old Veroite tellING me.

Finnaly Mclures drug store was just west of the Farmer's Bank.I have stood where it was to photo this .View attachment 9985

About 100 ft south of where I took that is where the Mclures Drug place was.in the old photos I thought was a gas station .my town had a gazillion Sinclair stations in Spanish Colonial Revival style.three all near other .the patio had one near it,the old Del Mar hotel on Rt 60 had one out front and I think the Mclures drug store might have sold gas.

About 100 ft south of where I took that is where the Mclures Drug place was.in the old photos I thought was a gas station .my town had a gazillion Sinclair stations in Spanish Colonial Revival style.three all near other .the patio had one near it,the old Del Mar hotel on Rt 60 had one out front and I think the Mclures drug store might have sold gas.

I can remember a time when gas stations were more common in neighborhoods. Over time, those neighborhood gas stations have largely gone by the wayside to make room for the super stations, where food, snacks, drinks - even souvenirs - are sold.

I can remember a time when gas stations were more common in neighborhoods. Over time, those neighborhood gas stations have largely gone by the wayside to make room for the super stations, where food, snacks, drinks - even souvenirs - are sold.
In my posts I mention Hale groves at a gas station.this was such a station .it was a rest stop fir our convoys and they sold indian river fruit,likely Peterson's,Hale fruit,Grace wood.it was razed recently.all but the awning and a large faded sign remain.View attachment 9986

In my posts I mention Hale groves at a gas station.this was such a station .it was a rest stop fir our convoys and they sold indian river fruit,likely Peterson's,Hale fruit,Grace wood.it was razed recently.all but the awning and a large faded sign remain.View attachment 9986

In its day, the gas station would have been quite the convenience.

In its day, the gas station would have been quite the convenience.
It was open say two years ago.I stopped there and told the history of that type of style.few kids today know that only 30 years ago it was common.shoot Orange avenue,angle road and turn pike feeder road had fruit stands selling Indian River Fruit or citrus. Some of thsee still remain.I can make a point to stop after drill to photo one on the way back.

It was open say two years ago.I stopped there and told the history of that type of style.few kids today know that only 30 years ago it was common.shoot Orange avenue,angle road and turn pike feeder road had fruit stands selling Indian River Fruit or citrus. Some of thsee still remain.I can make a point to stop after drill to photo one on the way back.

The younger (and the future) generations certainly are/will be missing a lot of the simple joys we used to know. I would imagine it won't be all that much longer before the fruit stands will be very few & far between.

The younger (and the future) generations certainly are/will be missing a lot of the simple joys we used to know. I would imagine it won't be all that much longer before the fruit stands will be very few & far between.
Most are on the city grid.two are on the route I did Friday. The home with the spanish style is a fruit stand.it the white Rabbit one.

Are there many city ordinances on how and where the fruit stands can be located, with product sold?
Not that I know of.vero had one in limits .several in fact.one one the beach where a hardware store was
Currently one is on the beach nigh unto both the driftwood and the Ocean Grill.

Kennedy groves, Hale groves, white groves,Young's produce,Yates produce all were or had fruit stands on the grid. There's one more that it is but i don't remember it's name.

Not that I know of.vero had one in limits .several in fact.one one the beach where a hardware store was
Currently one is on the beach nigh unto both the driftwood and the Ocean Grill.

Kennedy groves, Hale groves, white groves,Young's produce,Yates produce all were or had fruit stands on the grid. There's one more that it is but i don't remember it's name.

Okay....thanks. I was curious about that.

Back