Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

Saw pictures of similar banks' interiors in one of the books I had to read while at university. Always thought the marble used inside was attractive along with the oak typically used.
It was still that way until the late 80s .I have one more photo with clock I always mention.I didn't get time to get more of big blue as my wife took but never used my camera over the weekend when she went out of town.

It was still that way until the late 80s .I have one more photo with clock I always mention.I didn't get time to get more of big blue as my wife took but never used my camera over the weekend when she went out of town.

No worries. Everything happens for a reason.

I looked into buying an old school building. (This was some years ago.) It had beautiful marble floors and walls with very little in the way of cracks or chips....lots of oak....well maintained. The rooms were large ....well, you know what the old school buildings/rooms look like.

The downside to the building: It needed all new wiring, pipes, windows, furnaces, etc. The damage that would have occurred to the marble & oak in remodeling that building just wouldn't have been cost effective. It was a very sad day when I had to decide I wasn't going to buy the building.

No worries. Everything happens for a reason.

I looked into buying an old school building. (This was some years ago.) It had beautiful marble floors and walls with very little in the way of cracks or chips....lots of oak....well maintained. The rooms were large ....well, you know what the old school buildings/rooms look like.

The downside to the building: It needed all new wiring, pipes, windows, furnaces, etc. The damage that would have occurred to the marble & oak in remodeling that building just wouldn't have been cost effective. It was a very sad day when I had to decide I wasn't going to buy the building.
On a similar note the old wodtke building is used by a friend of mine ,the flametree gallery,whenever he plugs in a vacuum cleaner the next door shop looses all power.I told him probably original wiring from the 30s.

Those hotels were stunning in their day. Sorry that so many of them are now history, though.
Razed in the late 50s,1957 to be exact.I Remember the wgyl station afterwards with its Christmas lights,train etc .it was the largest display in the city .

Sometimes, radio stations can have the most amazing holiday decorations.
Wgyl,I listen to their sister stations,wttb and wjkd .wttb is where the tropics begin a motto you should know.I thought I posted about the first rock station it's out of gifford but gifford never had a station.

Wgyl,I listen to their sister stations,wttb and wjkd .wttb is where the tropics begin a motto you should know.I thought I posted about the first rock station it's out of gifford but gifford never had a station.

I've been sitting here trying to recall all the radio stations at which we stopped years ago while driving through Florida. We were radio people at that time (I was a radio copywriter - I wrote the commercials....still love playing with people's minds/thoughts!). It's an unwritten invitation that radio people are always welcome to visit other radio stations while on holiday. (Paid visits to radio station during one summer of traveling throughout Canada, too)

Probably not many.this area only got am radio stations from Miami. There is a haunted home story that i most dig up in ft pierce

Probably not many.this area only got am radio stations from Miami. There is a haunted home story that i most dig up in ft pierce

We didn't stop at every radio station along the way. (We brought along only so many bumper stickers, t-shirts & other radio hand-outs from our own radio station. Used to be a tradition to trade the hand-outs)

Trying the dixie would have been a dream fir me.some of those motor lodges were still open in my youth.

Trying the dixie would have been a dream fir me.some of those motor lodges were still open in my youth.

Motor lodges were really something to experience. Found quite a few of them over the years of taking the back roads through some Midwest states. Some were in great shape.... others, well, not so much.

Motor lodges were really something to experience. Found quite a few of them over the years of taking the back roads through some Midwest states. Some were in great shape.... others, well, not so much.
A few still are open.pen wood built in 1950 still is.

A few still are open.pen wood built in 1950 still is.

More and more, I'm finding Bed & Breakfasts as opposed to motor lodges when traveling the highways (not interstates). One of the aspects I liked about the motor lodges: so many of them accepted pets. It's getting downright difficult to find places to stay that will allow pets.

More and more, I'm finding Bed & Breakfasts as opposed to motor lodges when traveling the highways (not interstates). One of the aspects I liked about the motor lodges: so many of them accepted pets. It's getting downright difficult to find places to stay that will allow pets.
My wife used to take Cheyenne and stayed at friends homes along the way to north Carolina. Cheyenne had a friend in Georgia who died a few months prior ,a pomeranian spitfire that kept Cheyenne in check.

My wife used to take Cheyenne and stayed at friends homes along the way to north Carolina. Cheyenne had a friend in Georgia who died a few months prior ,a pomeranian spitfire that kept Cheyenne in check.

My youngest offspring has a 5-1/2 pound dog who keeps the 90(?) pound Golden Retriever (belonging to a dear friend) in line! Little dogs seem to be able to do that, while the bigger dogs are more mellow, laid-back....... go figure!

Back