Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

The carved designs on the old tombstones are fascinating. The talent employed on some of the more elaborate designs are amazing!

The Spanish revival home .... the property is well-kept, nicely laid out ... and architecturally pleasing. The tile roof really sets off the over-all aesthetics. I like it!

The carved designs on the old tombstones are fascinating. The talent employed on some of the more elaborate designs are amazing!

The Spanish revival home .... the property is well-kept, nicely laid out ... and architecturally pleasing. The tile roof really sets off the over-all aesthetics. I like it!
That is a large property.I didn't feel like taking pics last weekend but this weekend I will take some of the crane,and perhaps winter beach cemetery. The john's island cemetery. It was hard not to step on headstones to photo that.I bet they had to steamship those headstones from Titusville or elsewhere. It would interesting to know.I have noticed the older stones look a like no matter where I find them.be it gifford,Oslo,or ft.knox

That is a large property.I didn't feel like taking pics last weekend but this weekend I will take some of the crane,and perhaps winter beach cemetery. The john's island cemetery. It was hard not to step on headstones to photo that.I bet they had to steamship those headstones from Titusville or elsewhere. It would interesting to know.I have noticed the older stones look a like no matter where I find them.be it gifford,Oslo,or ft.knox

Given the available tools of that time, it's possible only a limited number of headstones were provided for shipment, even if the work was done locally. Perhaps the funeral home/cemetery offered one or two designs in each price range?

Given the available tools of that time, it's possible only a limited number of headstones were provided for shipment, even if the work was done locally. Perhaps the funeral home/cemetery offered one or two designs in each price range?
All over america?I have seen this style at the myriads if cemeteris at ft.knox.that place has about 40 cemeteries.some older then the 1789 constitution

I found headstones to be typically within a certain number of styles in the old church cemeteries in Scotland as well.
Remember those graves near the park? Given this counties past treatment of the ais and building over there burial gourds .I have no reason to think those graves aren't still "occupied". old dixie, the Kroger homestead were built on ais burial mounds.

Remember those graves near the park? Given this counties past treatment of the ais and building over there burial gourds .I have no reason to think those graves aren't still "occupied". old dixie, the Kroger homestead were built on ais burial mounds.

Makes one wonder just how quiet the houses are, the ones built on burial mounds?

There has been quite the influence of Spanish architecture in your area .. more than what I anticipated. Granted, it's been probably a decade since I was last in Florida, but I don't recall seeing quite so many houses in the Spanish flavor.
Most of these are pre depression. We have lost a lot.I haven't dug up the old city hall ,del Mar hotel,the gas stations. Thus area today is the oldest part of vero.laid out in 1914.remember what I said about the deeds with the surveys going back to the mid 1800s and spanish days? Thus is this area

It's good to know that a lot of the pre-depression homes are still around. Too often, people tear down the old and put up new.

Now that's something! So many times, fireplaces are blocked up, or the chimneys are falling apart.
I had the chance to take more but it was in a rush.the route today has about 10 of these homes.I have shown about 4.the royal viking inn,and 2 other homes were shown last month.

Back