Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sabbath Day or Sunday

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It's Saturday night for you but Scripture says it's Sunday. Sabbath is not from Saturday evening to Sunday evening. It's Friday Evening to Saturday Evening.

(John 20:1) Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb.

Do you know Mary Magdalene was not supposed to come out on Sabbath? Did you read (Luke 23:56) where it says she rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.

Hi again guy. I mean NO disrespect to your 'ignorance' in postings, but we just are miles apart.:thumbsup Thank God/Christ! (and that works both ways, huh?;))

And Bolts, old Eli.. here wonders what your savy on Matt. 24:20 is? I see verse 21 as in progress as we speak as a second Eccl.3:15 repeat. (as you know) But we haven't even mentioned verse 20 about the REQUIRED SABBATH DAY 'PRAYER' FLIGHT which was prophesied for a long time after Christ went back into heaven in 70AD even! :)

And it is Christ's prophecy this first time around which was 39 years in the furture that had Him still REQUIRING the 7th Day Sabbath of His to still being kept.

Another thought that you might think to mention is about about Christ documentation of His ex/house being DESOLATE (of Him) in Matt. 23:38, who would it be fleeing in 70 AD's slaughter??

We do know that the door of probation CLOSED for the ex/virgin fold itself, as seen in Matt. 25:10's parable, and that at this Midnight Cry Time, the ones had been bringing in 'ton's;)' (ill go hide on that one) of converts as seen in Matt. 23:15, and it was these ones surely who as individuals were given this extra 39 aprox. years to 'MATURE & accept Christ' & flee as seen in Matt. 24:20's verse is seen, & it was these ones who were still keeping ALL of Christ ten Commandments? What'cha think?

--Elijah

Hi again guy. I mean NO disrespect to your 'ignorance' in postings, but we just are miles apart.:thumbsup Thank God/Christ! (and that works both ways, huh?;))

And Bolts, old Eli.. here wonders what your savy on Matt. 24:20 is? I see verse 21 as in progress as we speak as a second Eccl.3:15 repeat. (as you know) But we haven't even mentioned verse 20 about the REQUIRED SABBATH DAY 'PRAYER' FLIGHT which was prophesied for a long time after Christ went back into heaven in 70AD even! :)

And it is Christ's prophecy this first time around which was 39 years in the furture that had Him still REQUIRING the 7th Day Sabbath of His to still being kept.

Another thought that you might think to mention is about about Christ documentation of His ex/house being DESOLATE (of Him) in Matt. 23:38, who would it be fleeing in 70 AD's slaughter??

We do know that the door of probation CLOSED for the ex/virgin fold itself, as seen in Matt. 25:10's parable, and that at this Midnight Cry Time, the ones had been bringing in 'ton's;)' (ill go hide on that one) of converts as seen in Matt. 23:15, and it was these ones surely who as individuals were given this extra 39 aprox. years to 'MATURE & accept Christ' & flee as seen in Matt. 24:20's verse is seen, & it was these ones who were still keeping ALL of Christ ten Commandments? What'cha think?

--Elijah

You quoted my post, but I can't see any response for it.

Hi, go read John 20's whole chapter prayerfully! It was our Sat. night. Verse one has it while it was yet dark!;) And then see verse 19 for these ones in hiding!

Here is what I will put up for the ones who LOVE Christ Law, and the ones who are LAW/LESS!

Psalms 19
[7] The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: ...'
[10] More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

[13] Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

(It is no wonder that satan hates the Law of God! And the great transgression, surely finds satan's crew LAWLESS with No Love for Christ's 2 Cor. 3:3's 'Letter, Moral Character Epistle,' to us!)

Psalms 119
[1] Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD. (see
1 John 3:4's definition for the defiled ones below)
[6] Then shall I not be ashamed, when [[I have respect unto all thy commandments]].
(and then comes along the one of Dan. 7:25 & his lawless bunch who have NO Law. But you wait until 666 arrives & then you will hear Rom. 13 worn out by these 'law/less' ones!)

[10] With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
[11] Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
(and again sin is defined by Inspiration in 1 John 3:4!)

[12] Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.
[21] Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments.

(Hello! Ye proud & cursed! This IS from the one of Heb. 13:8-9 that is the same .. FOR EVER!)

[29] Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously. (directly from the ten Commandments.. Exod. 20:16)
[32] I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart. (yet satan has his ones run away from the Lords Commandments!)
[33] Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.
[34] Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
[35] Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight. (and against the Godhead's Law is Against God, antichrist! again Dan. 7:25)

And ibid. verse

[126] It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law.
(and the work that is seen here? It is seen as in the past Eccl. 3:15 history of Isa. 5:5, & Matt. 24:21 of today's! God has withdrawn His protection over planet EARTH! The 'hedge has been removed'. And the reason why is that they HAVE MADE VOID THEIR ETERNAL LAW. And this is Their last resort 'of Love' for some few to repent. Rev. 18:4)

[127] Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold.
[128] Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.
(and again every false way is IDENTIFIED IN 1 John 3:4 as 'Whosoever committeth SIN transgresseth [ALSO THE LAW]: for [SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW].')

So what comes next? Two things. Jer. 31 for the Remnant to be saved! (see Rev. 12:17!!) And the lawless hate these ones!

[31] Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
[33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And the second class? Are the ones of Matt. 7's BROADWAY Professors as seen in Rev. 17:1-5! That have indeed made void the Eternal Law of God + a workless faith profession!

Rom. 3
[31] Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, [[we establish the law.]]

And Eccl. 12
[13] Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
[14] For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

(Yet, take notice of what you are hearing which is not secret, but 'wide open' blasphemy against God with having NO LAW! And all of this mainly is because of His required 7th Day Sabbath Command! SICK!!)

And what Eternal Law does satan & his DESIRED ones of Gen. 4:7 hate??
1 John 3:4 has the only Eternal Covenant that [[DEFINES]] what sin is!
[3] And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
[4] Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

--Elijah
Love the colorful text. How about you go read Gal 3:1, and Gal 4...prayerfully. However, you are welcome to try to keep the law and purify yourself.

Elijah674,

Questions from Luke 6:1-4:
  • Is it lawful for Disciples to pluck the heads of grain on Sabbath? [ X] Yes [] No.
Ans: You forgetting they was trying to find a reason to discredit Jesus, Lord of the sabbath..So read Matt 12 the whole chapter.

A man was stoned for gathering sticks on Sabbath (Num 15:32-36). God got angry for gathering manna which is for eating on Sabbath (Exod 16:28).

• When Jesus pointed out the David /showbread incident, did He by any chance justify the acts of David or His disciples by saying it is lawful? [X ] Yes [ ] No.
Ans: Matt. 12:5-7

• Are the 10 commandments included in the old covenant? [ ] Yes [ X] No.
Ans: Exodus 31:18; Deut 31:9

Just to show the different of who wrote what.

• Is the old covenant obsolete? [X] Yes [X] No.
Ans:James 2:10-11; 1 John 2:2-5;1 John 2:23-25; Matt 15:3-9; Col 2:14

If you need more let me know....

Last edited by a moderator:
mharold,
  • Is it lawful for Disciples to pluck the heads of grain on Sabbath? [ X] Yes [] No.
Ans: You forgetting they was trying to find a reason to discredit Jesus, Lord of the sabbath..So read Matt 12 the whole chapter.
Felix: The question is not about Jesus Christ

A man was stoned for gathering sticks on Sabbath (Num 15:32-36). God got angry for gathering manna which is for eating on Sabbath (Exod 16:28).

• When Jesus pointed out the David /showbread incident, did He by any chance justify the acts of David or His disciples by saying it is lawful? [X ] Yes [X] No.
Felix: Matt. 12:5-7 does not say priests profaning the Sabbath is lawful.

Felix: The question is not about who wrote it. Rather, are the 10 commandments included in the old covenant. For you reference, (Exod 34:28) says, .. "He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments"

Felix: Yes and No cannot be an answer. If you haven't read Heb 8:13, I will paste it for you. ... In that He says, "A new [covenant,"] He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Felix: The answers provided by you are not correct.

mharold,
Felix: The question is not about Jesus Christ
[1] At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
[2] But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
[3] But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
[4] How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
[5] Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless
[6] But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
[7] But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
He just said it in verse 7. But something only Jesus do, He say something that fly over people head at first... But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will... He said I will... You can read it...

• When Jesus pointed out the David /showbread incident, did He by any chance justify the acts of David or His disciples by saying it is lawful? [X ] Yes [X] No.
Felix: Matt. 12:5-7 does not say priests profaning the Sabbath is lawful.
[1] At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
[2] But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
[3] But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
[4] How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
[5] Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
[6] But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
Well right here He said if the priest is blameless so you can't blame no one else else because the priests are not bigger than the temple. It very simple....
[7] But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

Felix: The question is not about who wrote it. Rather, are the 10 commandments included in the old covenant. For you reference, (Exod 34:28) says, .. "He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments"

[18] And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.
My reason to show you this was God written and man written... Duet.9:9-10
[9] When I was gone up into the mount to receive the tables of stone, even the tables of the covenant which the LORD made with you, then I abode in the mount forty days and forty nights, I neither did eat bread nor drink water:
[10] And the LORD delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them was written according to all the words, which the LORD spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly.

Felix: Yes and No cannot be an answer. If you haven't read Heb 8:13, I will paste it for you. ... In that He says, "A new [covenant,"] He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
COL 2:14] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
That should answer your last two question....
And that reason I said yes and no because the written law is out but the stone law is in..

Felix: The answers provided by you are not correct.
Don't make it harder than what it is...

Felix seems not to know the difference between what God alone wrote in the Born Again heart & what Moses wrote!

But this will not help any most likely except just to confuse that it is a 'required' Born Again motive that is the issue!

'I hate, I despise your religious feasts; I cannot stand your assemblies. Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Though you bring choice fellowship offerings, I will have no regard for them. Away with the noise of your songs! I will not listen to the music of your harps. But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!

Amos 5:21-24'

(Deut 4:13) "So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

(Heb 8:7-8) For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah --

(Heb 8:13) In that He says, "A new [covenant,"] He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

The 10 commandments which is the old covenant is faulty, so God created a new covenant and made the old covenant obsolete and it's ready to vanish away.
Isn't it that simple to understand?

If you speak anything contrary to these Scriptures, you speak not against me, but Holy Spirit.

Felix seems not to know the difference between what God alone wrote in the Born Again heart & what Moses wrote!

(Deut 4:13) "So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

(Luke 22:20) Likewise He also [took] the cup after supper, saying, "This cup [is] the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

Sorry, Moses didn't write the old covenant. Both old covenant and new covenant are covenants made by God and God alone to His people.

Don't point me as I didn't understand. When you say anything contrary to scripture, you point your hands and blame Holy Spirit for it to fit your theories.

(Luke 22:20) Likewise He also [took] the cup after supper, saying, "This cup [is] the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

Sorry, Moses didn't write the old covenant. Both old covenant and new covenant are covenants made by God and God alone to His people.

Don't point me as I didn't understand. When you say anything contrary to scripture, you point your hands and blame Holy Spirit for it to fit your theories.

The Bible has many covenants! The ten Commandments are the Godheads ETERNAL COVENANT Heb. 13:20

Moses penned the Covenant laws which were added because of sin (Gal. 3:19) that were FINISHED when the (AGAIN.. THE ETERNAL COVENANT PLAN) was consumated. These laws were mostly a type of blueprint or recipie for how the earthly Sanctuary was REQUIRED by God to be run duty wise. And all were a glimps of the Great Original of heaven. (How it was run! and the Ark is still there with the Testament still inside of the Ark! Rev. 11:19 + the Eternal 7th Sabbath COMMANDMENT!)

Even the 's'abbaths were only these laws. Col. 2:13-14 are all such! There was & is nothing about 'meats' in the Ten COMMANDMENTS! Even see where this was recorded in the OT of 2 Chron. 1:4 and chapter **8:13 has these every 'day' offerings even the ones 'on the sabbaths , new moons +! all according to the commandments [of Moses].

And this was an AGREEMENT OR CALLED A COVENANT which had All of Moses law covenant being ABOLISHED as old covenant!
pertaing to Christ's Sacrifice. Among them were circumism of Acts 15:1 + verse 5 'But there be certain of the sect of the Pharisee which believed, saying, [[THAT IT WAS NEEDFUL TO CIRCUMCISE THEM AND TO COMMAND THEM TO KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF MOSES. (v.6) And the apostles and elders came together [[[FOR TO CONSIDER *THIS* MATTER.]]]'

And if you can find the Eternal Covenant in these laws even hinted at, you have an argument that I am not interested in!;)

Even verse 10 talks of putting a 'yoke' upon the neck that which were not able to be born. And this was the the Eternal Ten Covenant of God with the 7th Day Required Sabbath included you say??? God's Eternal Law is a YOKE????

It seems that Eternity up to Lucifer's [REBELLION] had NO problem being Sinless, (1 John 3:4) with the total Covenant and all.. Sabbath Included! satan is the one who has the yoke, not God. And yes, even that is a satanic covenant yoke! which he requires his own to carry! Gen. 4:7

Psalms 19:7-10 finds the Born Again heart having it said otherwise! And that is the Difference with it. Heb. 10:16 has the Love of God now omnipresent and can (CONDITIONALLY BE) be put into these ones Hearts, and Minds if they AGREE COVENANT WISE, which is call new Covenant! 2 John 1:5-8.

--Elijah

The ten Commandments are the Godheads ETERNAL COVENANT Heb. 13:20

Heb 13:20. Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant.
Nothing to do with 10 commandments or old covenant. This refers to new covenant through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Moses penned the Covenant laws which were added because of sin (Gal. 3:19) that were FINISHED when the (AGAIN.. THE ETERNAL COVENANT PLAN) was consumated. These laws were mostly a type of blueprint or recipie for how the earthly Sanctuary was REQUIRED by God to be run duty wise. And all were a glimps of the Great Original of heaven. (How it was run! and the Ark is still there with the Testament still inside of the Ark! Rev. 11:19 + the Eternal 7th Sabbath COMMANDMENT!)

Can you confirm that law does not include 10 commandments? Because Scripture is saying otherwise.

• Ephesians 2:14-16 says, God abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments.
  • Romans 7:7-14 says, commandments are a part of the law.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Elijah674

The ten Commandments are the Godheads ETERNAL COVENANT Heb. 13:20

Heb 13:20. Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant.

Now another say's:

Nothing to do with 10 commandments or old covenant. This refers to new covenant through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Elijah here:
Do you know what ETERNAL MEANS? [[IMMORTAL?]] And COVENANT??? If there was NO ETERNAL LAW there would be NO SIN or need of any New Covenant! (as you say it)

The plan of Salvation IS ETERNAL! IT IS IMMORTAL AS IS CHRIST & AS IS HIS MORAL 'EPISTLE' LAW! (Cor. 3:3)

Now: Where did sin start? And where did SIN MATURE IN ITS [FINISHED] Ending of heaven???

And you say New Covenant, as if SIN IS A NEW THING.:screwloose In what you call the new covenant side of Whatever???

We see [[INSPIRATION]], the WORD OF GOD STILL TELLING THE [UNIVERSE] WHAT SIN IS!!

1 John 3-4 & verse 4 has it CLEARLY STATED that there has never been any other Eternal Covenant than the one that POINTS OUT WHAT SIN WAS & FOREVER WOULD BE DOCUMENTED AS!:study And this is IN WHAT YOU SAY IS THE NEW COVENANT SIDE OF THE BOOK! (and you'ins wear an old man out!;))

'[[WHOSOEVER COMMITTETH SIN ALSO TRANSGRESSETH ALSO THE LAW]] FOR [[SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW.]]'

And not only that, but the Book has an ending for us in Rev. 22:18-20 if Eccl. 3:14 is believed?

--Elijah

'[[WHOSOEVER COMMITTETH SIN ALSO TRANSGRESSETH ALSO THE LAW]] FOR [[SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW.]]'

--Elijah

What are we to do with these E?

Galatians 3:12
And the law is not of faith.-

Romans 14:23
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

For the record I do believe that the Law is eternal and fully in force, and that to serve the 'fact' that we all sin, have sin present with us at all times and have sinned.

None of these facts 'change' by any observance of Law.

It is also a known fact that the power of sin is prompted by the Law:

1 Corinthians 15:56
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

The Law is a Divine cause and effect arrangement. When for example, Paul heard the Law that 'thou shalt not covet' multiple forms of concupiscence came into his MIND which was A SIN, regardless of his external actions of what can be rightfully termed 'feigned' or 'ignorant' external obedience in ignorance or outright denial of the fact of what power the Law has in relationship to arousing SIN in MIND.

Romans 7:
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

Sin works it's own deal in relationship with the Law that is quite apart from any persons control. The Law serves the purpose of pinpointing the continuing fact again that we 'all' sin, have sin and have sinned. This is in fact the exact purpose of the Law as it is to prove 'all' are lawless 'in heart and mind.'

The question that arose for me was WHY? Why is this so?

It is and remains an internal deception that believers who 'think' they are following the Law when the Law serves the purpose to prove men sinners all. External obedience is quite meaningless if ones mind is attacked in an onslaught of feigned self righteousness over supposed 'obedience' to external Law(s) of any kind when in fact in all peoples MINDS they remain RAGING SINNERS ALL even if it is not openly apparent through external actions.

Such 'followers' I consider to be basically dishonest 'internally' about what is going on inside their own MINDS. How is this true? A believer can sit in the pew on 'any day' and if they think, even for a nanosecond about not wanting to be there, they have in fact sinned. A person not eating pork who denies that they think about eating pork is only in denial of their 'internal' or thought SIN because the Law does make us THINK about eating pork. And they 'all' assuredly are thinking at a minimum of NOT doing the LAW, even while 'doing it.'

The Law undoubtedly serves the purpose to shut up every mouth and to make the whole world guilty, and that would be guilty of SIN. This much is and remains a continuing and true fact for 'all' to this very moment.

To think that the power of sin is diminished or lessened by following Law is a fallacy of gigantic proportions that invariably results in 'self justifications' 'hypocrisy' and being a basic liar if one really thinks they are 'lawful' when in fact their minds and hearts are under attack and onslaught 'internally' by the power of sin in relationship to the Law, as the Pharisees and hypocrites of Jesus' Days clearly showed. They may very well have been lawful on the outside but inside they were in fact 'ravenous wolves not to mention raging liars about what was within them.

If any believer is honest about their engagements with the Law they will come to the factual scriptural determination that they are sinners in their MINDS and following external obedience is pointless to eradicate that working of sin within them.

If any believer has not come to this factual conclusion, they simply remain under the deception of sins power within them.

Paul the Apostle was quite clear about the present living conditions of all mankind which can not be escaped:

1 Cor. 15:
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

The underscored above does not change while any person is here. Those matters are and remain a fact regardless of anything. The sooner a believer comes to grips with those facts they 'stop' deceiving themselves about the factual conditions that God Himself has placed us all within currently.

Yes God did this:

Romans 11
32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

So any of the ilk of 'Law' followers are and remain in basic denial over what God has factually done to us all. You are welcome to avoid these conclusions. I can only laugh at such denials because they are fruitless vain.

enjoy!

smaller

Re: Sabbath Day or Sunday

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Elijah674

--Elijah

What are we to do with these E?

OK: Elijah here:
The devil's belive & tremble! So it takes James 2 WORKING OBEDIENT FAITH! One even has to yield in OBEDIENCE TO GOD to have the Born Again Starting point! Acts 5:32. No total 100% Submission ='s NO Born Again start! It is then & only then that one can claim Phil. 4:13 + 2 Cor. 12:9 POWER!

Who said that it was???

And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Me again:
Where in the Eternal Covenant of God do you read anything about eating anything?????? You need to seperate Moses laws from the Royal Eternal Law of God! 1 John 3:4 has the law of God in heavens rebellion! Before Moses was even in the embryo stage!

For the record I do believe that the Law is eternal and fully in force, and that to serve the 'fact' that we all sin, have sin present with us at all times and have sinned.
Me again: I am takingbthe time to respond to your [post], and now talk out of both sides of you [posting] mouth. Which way is it???

None of these facts 'change' by any observance of Law.

It is also a known fact that the power of sin is prompted by the Law:

1 Corinthians 15:56
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

The Law is a Divine cause and effect arrangement. When for example, Paul heard the Law that 'thou shalt not covet' multiple forms of concupiscence came into his MIND which was A SIN, regardless of his external actions of what can be rightfully termed 'feigned' or 'ignorant' external obedience in ignorance or outright denial of the fact of what power the Law has in relationship to arousing SIN in MIND.

Romans 7:
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

Sin works it's own deal in relationship with the Law that is quite apart from any persons control. The Law serves the purpose of pinpointing the continuing fact again that we 'all' sin, have sin and have sinned. This is in fact the exact purpose of the Law as it is to prove 'all' are lawless 'in heart and mind.'

The question that arose for me was WHY? Why is this so?

It is and remains an internal deception that believers who 'think' they are following the Law when the Law serves the purpose to prove men sinners all. External obedience is quite meaningless if ones mind is attacked in an onslaught of feigned self righteousness over supposed 'obedience' to external Law(s) of any kind when in fact in all peoples MINDS they remain RAGING SINNERS ALL even if it is not openly apparent through external actions.

Such 'followers' I consider to be basically dishonest 'internally' about what is going on inside their own MINDS. How is this true? A believer can sit in the pew on 'any day' and if they think, even for a nanosecond about not wanting to be there, they have in fact sinned. A person not eating pork who denies that they think about eating pork is only in denial of their 'internal' or thought SIN because the Law does make us THINK about eating pork. And they 'all' assuredly are thinking at a minimum of NOT doing the LAW, even while 'doing it.'

The Law undoubtedly serves the purpose to shut up every mouth and to make the whole world guilty, and that would be guilty of SIN. This much is and remains a continuing and true fact for 'all' to this very moment.

To think that the power of sin is diminished or lessened by following Law is a fallacy of gigantic proportions that invariably results in 'self justifications' 'hypocrisy' and being a basic liar if one really thinks they are 'lawful' when in fact their minds and hearts are under attack and onslaught 'internally' by the power of sin in relationship to the Law, as the Pharisees and hypocrites of Jesus' Days clearly showed. They may very well have been lawful on the outside but inside they were in fact 'ravenous wolves not to mention raging liars about what was within them.

If any believer is honest about their engagements with the Law they will come to the factual scriptural determination that they are sinners in their MINDS and following external obedience is pointless to eradicate that working of sin within them.

If any believer has not come to this factual conclusion, they simply remain under the deception of sins power within them.

Paul the Apostle was quite clear about the present living conditions of all mankind which can not be escaped:

1 Cor. 15:
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

The underscored above does not change while any person is here. Those matters are and remain a fact regardless of anything. The sooner a believer comes to grips with those facts they 'stop' deceiving themselves about the factual conditions that God Himself has placed us all within currently.

Yes God did this:

Romans 11
32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

So any of the ilk of 'Law' followers are and remain in basic denial over what God has factually done to us all. You are welcome to avoid these conclusions. I can only laugh at such denials because they are fruitless vain.

enjoy!

smaller

Well??? Me again.
Let me just put it this way. Inspiration say that 'such WERE some of you BEFORE you were WASHED'. OK: When one surrenders the tolal will to Christ, it is then & only then that they will be WASHED! (Born Again) At that point Obedience to the Law of God is a DELIGHT to Obey, because the [[[MOTIVE]]] has changed! We NOW OBEY BECAUSE WE LOVE HIM!! (got that?)

For ALL of these LAW/LESS young'ins, it is not hard to know of their problem regardless of their claim! (see Matt. 7:21-22 on!)

Christ has made it very simple, He say.. 'IF YE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS'! And Inspiration has it in James 2:10 that that means [[ALL OF THEM!]] THe hated by most forth one as well! REMEMBER??

--Elijah

[[WHOSOEVER COMMITTETH SIN ALSO TRANSGRESSETH ALSO THE LAW]] FOR [[SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW.]]'

Undoubtedly. Since all have sin and have sinned, all have transgressed the Law.

OK: Elijah here:The devil's belive & tremble!

The devil has 'no truth' in him. So what are the beliefs, words or actions of a liar with no truth in him but all lies? That is 'why' they tremble.

So it takes James 2 WORKING OBEDIENT FAITH!

Faith works through love. There is no 'law obedience' that can install the Spirit of Love, which same is of God and Is God.

One even has to yield in OBEDIENCE TO GOD to have the Born Again Starting point! Acts 5:32. No total 100% Submission ='s NO Born Again start! It is then & only then that one can claim Phil. 4:13 + 2 Cor. 12:9 POWER!

Everyone who loves knows God and is born of God. (1 John 4:7)

Many cannot accept the above. Why is that?

Who said that it was???

Your claim of obedience to Sat. sabbath keeping via faith in Love. (or not eating pork or claiming the RCC as the anti-Christ, etc etc.) In essence all the ritualistic 'legal' practices of the [endless variations of] Law of MOSES by your particular sect.

Where in the Eternal Covenant of God do you read anything about eating anything?????? You need to seperate Moses laws from the Royal Eternal Law of God! 1 John 3:4 has the law of God in heavens rebellion! Before Moses was even in the embryo stage!

Disobedience came hand in hand with the first Law: "Do not eat."

Me again: I am takingbthe time to respond to your [post], and now talk out of both sides of you [posting] mouth. Which way is it???
I am fully convinced that the Law proves us sinners, all, and that statement is truthful, which being 'truthful' about might be a minimum requirement of a believer.

Do you have something against being truthful?

Well??? Me again.Let me just put it this way. Inspiration say that 'such WERE some of you BEFORE you were WASHED'.

Ah, yes, I neglected to mention the foot washing ceremonies, and you neglected about 90% of my post. So what else is new in the world of christian posting boards?

OK: When one surrenders the tolal will to Christ, it is then & only then that they will be WASHED! (Born Again)

Ah, so your claim is total perfect obedience? To what?

Standing on the claim that you are legal for showing up in an assembly on Saturday and condemning all other believers [who do not 'on scriptural grounds'] to be sinners in potential condemnation and the possible fate of eternal death?

Add in the not eating pork and whatever other ritualistic practices to do the same thing...ad infinitum, and we really have an accurate picture of the 'real' uses of your Sat. Sabbath. It has been turned into just another common tool of self justification and the grounds of potential condemnations towards other believers.

That actually IS what the 'Law' of Saturday Sabbath has openly produced within YOU, by your own handwriting.

At that point Obedience to the Law of God is a DELIGHT to Obey, because the [[[MOTIVE]]] has changed! We NOW OBEY BECAUSE WE LOVE HIM!! (got that?)

We already saw the Law is not of faith. Now you claim lawkeeping by Love making it by faith, but it isn't. It is just another tool of condemnation towards other believers in your hands regardless of your claims of 'love law-keeping.'

I happen to love being truthful about the facts that LAW proves and speak of same.

And pardon me while I place my tongue in cheek over your 'total obedience.'

Are you honestly going to tell me that you never 'think' about not keeping Sat. Sabbath, or that when you DO it's not a SIN? Or eating pork, same deal...you NEVER EVER think about it, and IF you do, it's not a sin, right? Same thing with adultery...you NEVER think about it, but IF you did it is NOT a SIN, right?

For ALL of these LAW/LESS young'ins, it is not hard to know of their problem regardless of their claim! (see Matt. 7:21-22 on!)
All LAW is fulfilled by loving our neighbors as ourselves. (Romans 13:8-10)

I can't imagine sitting in an assembly on Saturday (or any other day for that matter,) justifying myself for doing so and claiming all other believers who don't do as I do to be the condemned lawless and under potential eternal death to equate in ANY WAY to loving any of them.

That doesn't add up.

And it also happens to be DIRECTLY against Paul's statement here, which same Saturday 'lawkeepers' can't seem to wrap their heads around:

Romans 14:5
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

I certainly don't condemn you as a sinner for showing up in your assemblies on Saturday if that is what you think is right for you.

Do you measure the same to me if I don't?

If not, then the openly obvious conclusion is that the Law has become condemnation of other believers 'within' your heart. That is your reward. Internal condemnation that you have been forced to carry unto other believers. That to me would seem a burden not required to be had with accurate reading.

Christ has made it very simple, He say.. 'IF YE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS'! And Inspiration has it in James 2:10 that that means [[ALL OF THEM!]] THe hated by most forth one as well! REMEMBER??
Since your fond of James, as I am as well:

James 3:
9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

There is no doubt to me that you curse any who do not 'Sabbath keep' on Saturday AS SINNERS on the road to possible eternal death. I did not find that measure available to me.

Romans 13:
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Where you happen to park your body on Saturday would seem to have about ZERO to do with fulfilling ALL THE LAW as Paul prescribed.

But you are welcome to continue on carrying your condemnation toward others....that is the fate that God has hung in your heart with THE COMMANDMENT... No condemnation from me.

Sympathy though. Definitely you have my sympathy.

enjoy!

smaller

Sunday, of course.

If you WANT to worship on the "Sabbath DAY", then it would be sundown on Friday through Sundown on Saturday - and you can be a "Sabbatarian". The Sabbath "DAY" was never changed, and There are denominational groups that cater to this "persuasion" for folks that are caught in a "Sabbath keeping" hangup. The "God's Final Warning" group here in Lancaster, TX is one such bunch. The S.D.A. is also.

But since the "Sabbath" is now a PERSON in whom we rest - not one day per week, but at ALL times, then the "Day" when the Church gathers in their buildings is now totally unimportant - EXCEPT that gathering at the same time will get you a better crowd, don'cha know.

I COULD go to the church building on Tuesday afternoon - but I'd be all alone there, and the air conditioner would be off - which is NOT something you want in Texas in the Summer.

And so since folks tend to gather on Sunday Morning, (And in our case on Sunday evening and Wednesday evening also) - those are the times we gather.

Simple as that!!

One posted this up..

'Faith works through love. There is no 'law obedience' that can install the Spirit of Love, which same is of God and Is God.'

I will leave it at that belief for you. Titus 3:9-11 Yet Forum, No one will be saved who is not FIRST Born Again! Acts 5:32 And ONLY THE ONES THAT OBEY HIM ARE GIVEN THE NEW BIRTH! It is then & ONLY Then that Agapie LOVE is the GIVEN [[MOTIVE]] FOR TRUE LOVING OBEDIENCE!

And NO ONE BORN AGAIN at the Start of this New Life, will BE FOUND NOT RECREATED TO LOVINGLY OBEY CHRIST. And it is HE that made it simple TRUTH in telling the Universe that.. 'IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS'!

And it was He that wrote them in two tables of stone (1 Cor. 10:1-3! + Heb. 10:15-16) and then PUT THEM INTO THE FLESHY BORN AGAIN HEART! (CALLED THE NEW COVENANT) And surely we know that they are not recreated in any heart that does not Love Him, huh!

--Elijah

PS: And the other post of another, and his ETERNAL RESTING??:robot One might do will to have his manservent + maidservant + stranger in his gates + the cat or dog or cattle resting with him. One must think?? that heaven will be a welfare of eternity. I doubt if Isa. 65:21-25 + Isa 66:22-23 would even be read?

Whatever???:screwloose

By: Elijah674
Elijah674_2134.jpg
'He that sayeth, that I know Him, and keepeth His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.' 1 John 2:4

And there are bunch's of these NO TRUTH ones around today!

'Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.' Heb. 13:8

Forever is only believed by some to mean burning in hell eternally! But Christ is the God of the OT as well!

'I know that, whatsoever God doeth, (sayeth) it shall be forever: nothing can be put to it, nor anything taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before Him.'

Fear?? Obad. 1:16 will find that day at least.

'And if any man (woman) shall take away the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part [out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.' Rev. 22:19

Yet the decision to be eternall lost was theirs to make!

'And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against Me, [him will I blot out of My book].' Exod. 32:33

See Eccl. 12:13-14 for your accurately recorded records. With its FINAL CONCLUSION!

'Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.' 1 John 3:4 The Eternal Law is still there in Heavens Ark! Rev. 11:18-19 and ALL the angels + the prophets (and note the PROPHETS) of Rev. 22:8-9 keep the sayings of this book!
And where did it say to not bow down in worship any other than God!

'Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that He said before, This is the Covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write then;' Heb. 10:15-16

Ansd surely the Law of God is only recreated in the Born Again Heart & Mind. And is seen as Christ documented as.. 'IF YE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS' as evidence of ones LOVING HIM!

--Elijah

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back