Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Salvation for the ignorant. Duration of Hell. Other questions.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Kmaxb

Hello everyone :) newbie here.

Couple of questions. Curious about Christian theology.

1. A person who lives a good honest life but dies without ever learning about Jesus Christ. Do they go to Hell? And is their experience in Hell the same as a person who lives a life of sin and open rebellion to God?

2. If Gods omniscience’s allows him to know who will end up in Hell, why allow them to be born in the first place?

3. If a persons life of sin is finite, how is it fair for hell to be infinite? At some point have they not paid for their own sins and deserve at least something similar to the catholic view of limbo?

Appreciate your thoughts! And happy Father’s Day :)

But I’m with you, I see major differences between them due to a number of different interpretations of scripture.
Agreed ... it's a 24 car pile up out there.

What is truth? ... gee, even Christians can't decide.
No one knows of any error in their doctrine yet some are far, far off the mark. For all I know, I could be one of them.(hesitant giggle ... looks over his shoulder)

Which two?
Well, this is my opinion... I'm not a scholar on the subject ... but
Romans Catholics (who, for a long time didn't allow the congregations to directly know God's word ... use to have to read it in Latin I believe ...) Also wrote catechisms.
Reformed guys who wrote Westminster Confession and later slightly tweaked by Reformed Baptists in 1689 London Confession. Also wrote catechisms.

I read somewhere that modern humans have an essentially therapeutic worldview. Issues to deal with problems to treat not so much sins to be forgiven etc. I think 🤔 many churches ⛪️ have the same outlook…

It is difficult to put all the pieces of scripture together such that it doesn't have contradictions ... and God didn't make it easy with a HOW TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER Bible.
Disagreement gets founded upon disorganization (and we're being depraved doesn't help .. giggle)

I read somewhere that modern humans have an essentially therapeutic worldview. Issues to deal with problems to treat not so much sins to be forgiven etc. I think 🤔 many churches ⛪️ have the same outlook…
Man is always coming up with some new philosophy or recycling of old philosophy. Men can become women now even and millions going along with it.
I myself am trans-black ... don't tell anyone I am pretending .. .I want to get reparations.

What about those denominations that have a fairly unified doctrine? Jehovahs Witness, LDS, 7th Day Adventist?
Again, I'm not an expert. Do any have a Statement of Faith more then 2000 words? Maybe, I don't know.
Oh, I have excellent source of outline of Mormons beliefs. Good news is that almost everyone goes to 1 or 3 heavens... I think even Hitler makes it. Nicest doctrine I know of next to universalists ..... there's universalist on this site ... I don't believe they are right, but I hope so (giggle).

If God doesn't choose men; rather, men choose God ... then it is one Hell (pun intended) of a mess for someone searching to find true. As men would say, Good Luck. As God would say, Loving Predestination.

That’s really interesting, cause didn’t Jesus do both? Healing people, feeding people, giving love and encouragement, and most importantly forgiving sin.

The Catholic Church has the magisterium etc to at least keep official teachings coherent. Protestants seem to just split merge merge split…
So what’s the answer?
Depends on your understanding of How God Works
If you believe God determines all things, then this is going to plan. (This is what I believe)
If you believe man can determine his destiny and God reacts to man's initiative .... I don't know

Pray 🙏 read the Bible. Ask Gods forgiveness and mercy.

Honestly? I’m basically Calvinist. I’ll admit it lol 😆 I think scripture indicates that God has a chosen people and that we are chosen for His good pleasure which..,

Yeah. Good ole TULIP 🌷

But not all of the elect are in Reformed churches or even in churches at all. So there’s that…

Ugh 😑 the established church ⛪️ splits merged new sects megachurch plant churches ⛪️…

On a good day they facilitate Jesus Christs work in the lives of His people.

1. A person who lives a good honest life but dies without ever learning about Jesus Christ. Do they go to Hell? And is their experience in Hell the same as a person who lives a life of sin and open rebellion to God?

2. If Gods omniscience’s allows him to know who will end up in Hell, why allow them to be born in the first place?

3. If a persons life of sin is finite, how is it fair for hell to be infinite? At some point have they not paid for their own sins and deserve at least something similar to the catholic view of limbo?
To not believe in Jesus Christ is to believe in ourselves, it is denying Jesus Christ died for ourselves.

People are already in hell, hell is the place of not being in the presence of God, never knowing God/godliness.

A person does sin for as long as they can, hell does the same, to be forever.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back