Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Science question

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I've been reading about global warming and climate change for years now. But there is something I do not understand; and I have yet to find any scientist who will even acknowledge my question. If carbon emissions and pollution are merely holding in the heat of the sun; then why isn't the temperature consistent all over the earth?

The pollution covers the entire earth; yet there is still winter with extremely freezing temperature's in various places. The year before last we had a day when the wind chill put us below -50 F; last year we had an ice storm that knocked down many tree's in the neighborhood here in Michigan. If the heat is trapped, why isn't it consistent?

I've been reading about global warming and climate change for years now. But there is something I do not understand; and I have yet to find any scientist who will even acknowledge my question. If carbon emissions and pollution are merely holding in the heat of the sun; then why isn't the temperature consistent all over the earth?

The pollution covers the entire earth; yet there is still winter with extremely freezing temperature's in various places. The year before last we had a day when the wind chill put us below -50 F; last year we had an ice storm that knocked down many tree's in the neighborhood here in Michigan. If the heat is trapped, why isn't it consistent?
The angle of the Earth and distance from the sun effects temperature. During winter in the northern hemisphere the earth is tilted slightly away from the sun. The opposite is true of the Southern hemisphere. I'd the Earth was a closed system the heat would be consistent, but the Earth recieves a bombardment of heat energy from the Sun. That's why it's warmest when at 11am to 1pm. The sun is the m most direct. At night the temperature drops because the surface is pointed away from the sun. The amount of carbon I. The atmosphere works as retention but without direct sunlight there is more energy lost trhough entropy than absorbed.

The angle of the Earth and distance from the sun effects temperature. During winter in the northern hemisphere the earth is tilted slightly away from the sun. The opposite is true of the Southern hemisphere. I'd the Earth was a closed system the heat would be consistent, but the Earth recieves a bombardment of heat energy from the Sun. That's why it's warmest when at 11am to 1pm. The sun is the m most direct. At night the temperature drops because the surface is pointed away from the sun. The amount of carbon I. The atmosphere works as retention but without direct sunlight there is more energy lost trhough entropy than absorbed.
I do understand how the earth tilt's based on the season. I want to say last year the south pole recorded a record temperature while the north pole was in summer (also record highs in the north); with both poles and the glaciers melting for the past 3 years. I know science cannot explain everything; and I was taught something different, but I am curious if anyone else has come across any other explanation?

Hi, I understand your question, but may I interject that "climate change" is just an unproven theory, ...not proven scientific fact. So, the proponents of this theory have to continually come up with a "new" scientific fact to keep the charade going.
Here's an undisputable scientific fact; I live on an island in the middle of the South Pacific ocean, I work right next to the lagoon, there is a 12 inch concrete pipe that is the discharge of rain water into the lagoon, for the last thirty-two years, the top of the pipe is exposed about 3 inches at low tide, ...the "scientific fact" from continual observation, is the ocean has not risen even 1/16 of an inch in thirty- two years.
However, I do believe man can "affect" climate change with his technical knowledge, and there seems to be evidence this is true. If your interested just search Google "man made climate change" to find the results.
Lord bless

To add on to what MD explained, the surface temperature of the earth is never uniform, e.g., how the poles are colder than the equator, etc.

So when more heat is trapped under the atmosphere, the resulting increases will similarly reflect that lack of uniformity.

Make sense?

Hi, I understand your question, but may I interject that "climate change" is just an unproven theory, ...not proven scientific fact. So, the proponents of this theory have to continually come up with a "new" scientific fact to keep the charade going.
Can you show any errors in this post? https://christianforums.net/threads...ts-is-unacceptable.100769/page-3#post-1820333

Here's an undisputable scientific fact; I live on an island in the middle of the South Pacific ocean, I work right next to the lagoon, there is a 12 inch concrete pipe that is the discharge of rain water into the lagoon, for the last thirty-two years, the top of the pipe is exposed about 3 inches at low tide, ...the "scientific fact" from continual observation, is the ocean has not risen even 1/16 of an inch in thirty- two years.
Sorry, but scientists have been collecting data on that across the globe for a very long time and have reached the opposite conclusion.

Can you show any errors in this post? https://christianforums.net/threads...ts-is-unacceptable.100769/page-3#post-1820333

Sorry, but scientists have been collecting data on that across the globe for a very long time and have reached the opposite conclusion.

What is the opposite conclusion?
Is Manhattan sinking?

No J.
Sorry.
Why not?

I seem to take note of the same phenomenon as the OP.
What, that the global surface temp should be uniform?

Science tells us the caps are melting.
Where's the water going?
Into the oceans.

But keep in mind, the Arctic ice is floating in the ocean, which means it melting won't increase sea levels (it's like melting ice in a glass of water). Conversely, the ice that's on land, such as in Antarctica and Greenland, is increasing sea levels as it melts.

Why not?

What, that the global surface temp should be uniform?

Into the oceans.

But keep in mind, the Arctic ice is floating in the ocean, which means it melting won't increase sea levels (it's like melting ice in a glass of water). Conversely, the ice that's on land, such as in Antarctica and Greenland, is increasing sea levels as it melts.
No.
Global temp can't be uniform.
I keep hearing that Manhattan is sinking.
I just don't see this happening.
Maybe it'll take hundreds of years to notice the difference.

However, I do believe man can "affect" climate change with his technical knowledge, and there seems to be evidence this is true. If your interested just search Google "man made climate change" to find the results.
Lord bless
Thank you for that bit of information. I have no concern about the "sea level rise" these scientist have mentioned; I know where the water is going. My point, and question was about the temperature itself; and what these scientist keep on guessing about.

Where's the water going?
The water is actually going into the air where it is needed the most. This past summer here in Michigan we had very few days where the temps even got to 90 (+); but we had crazy humidity pretty much every day. One evening the wife and I pulled down the covers to go to bed; and the sheets were absolutely soaked, and they had been covered by a quilt all day long.

As for Manhatten sinking; I'm pretty sure I read that had more to do with the bedrock than the actual water coming up.

The water is actually going into the air where it is needed the most. This past summer here in Michigan we had very few days where the temps even got to 90 (+); but we had crazy humidity pretty much every day. One evening the wife and I pulled down the covers to go to bed; and the sheets were absolutely soaked, and they had been covered by a quilt all day long.

As for Manhatten sinking; I'm pretty sure I read that had more to do with the bedrock than the actual water coming up.
But the water also comes back down as rain.
??

I really don't agree with all this talk. I think planet earth can take care of itself.

As to the temperature, it's going to be exponential with each area of earth.
Montreal should be exponentially warmer,
Brazil,,,,ditto.

Personally, I don't see this happening.
It does snow less than it used to....I think.

Thank you for the links you provided. I generally try to seek out information on various Government websites; I see them as being slightly more reliable than the "general news" websites about these things. But there are still things these scientist have not explained.
If I may expand on my question; if you put hot air in a balloon, then all the air will stay hot; not just the point where the flame enters the opening.

But the water also comes back down as rain.
??

I really don't agree with all this talk. I think planet earth can take care of itself.

As to the temperature, it's going to be exponential with each area of earth.
Montreal should be exponentially warmer,
Brazil,,,,ditto.

Personally, I don't see this happening.
It does snow less than it used to....I think.
There have been some crazy rainstorms over the past few years; while other areas have severe drought. I believe the extra moisture in the air is the only thing keeping our skin from cooking.

I believe this earth belongs to God, as do all living things. While men and these Governments cannot fix it; it is being taken care of.

There have been some crazy rainstorms over the past few years; while other areas have severe drought. I believe the extra moisture in the air is the only thing keeping our skin from cooking.

I believe this earth belongs to God, as do all living things. While men and these Governments cannot fix it; it is being taken care of.
We get rain from the Sahara.
The sand rain covers everything.
Thankfully, it's rare.

Thank you for the links you provided. I generally try to seek out information on various Government websites; I see them as being slightly more reliable than the "general news" websites about these things. But there are still things these scientist have not explained.
You're quite welcome.

If I may expand on my question; if you put hot air in a balloon, then all the air will stay hot; not just the point where the flame enters the opening.
The air in the balloon will eventually become isothermic, provided additional heat isn't added and all other conditions stay the same.

That's obviously not the case with the earth, which starts off with very significant differences in temps from region to region, has complex systems like winds, day/night cycles, Coriolis effects, seasons, orbital variations, axial tilts, etc.

So the two aren't really comparable at all.

Back