Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Science question

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
tu quoque fallacy
Thank you, I learned something new today.

I did post this question to see if others supported the "scientific explanation" that has been pushed for years now. To me it is not much different than the "Big Bang Theory"; the only way there would be a Big Bang is if God passed gas.

There is global warming and climate change; and it is being caused by men. Not all men, just some of these governments and the greed of men who want to go and strip the moon and any other thing they can in this solar system for profit. The funny thing is, if you read about what happens to astronauts who spend any length of time in space; the human body will start to break down the longer a human being is away from this earth. You would think "scientist" would try and figure out that problem, before these governments would invest more billions of dollars into the "space program".

Right.
But my feeling is that the world population increasing is NOT a problem.
I think the opposite, I think the decreasing of the world population is a problem.
I used to know a lot about this but have forgotten most of it.
Anyway, what do YOU think?
That is interesting; it reminds me of the difference between the glass being half full, versus half empty. Not everyone believes my "unorthodox Christian belief" of the Angel's; if they did, they would understand that there is a infinite number of people who can stand on this earth.

There is global warming and climate change; and it is being caused by men.

Well, the panic about both things is enormously unwarranted. Projections of global destruction from C02 emissions has been wildly overblown for political reasons, not out of concern for the planet. You can observe this in the hypocrisy of the elites clamoring to assert power over everyone else via climate alarmist policies who fly about in private jets to attend climate catastrophe conferences, and take fossil-fueled limos to and from the conference venues, and eat the meat of climate-damaging farting animals (cows, pigs, etc.). They aren't panicked but they sure hope we will be. A frightened public can be induced to adopt incredibly stupid things, you see - as the Covid19 crisis demonstrated.

Apparently, you don't know what "ad hominem" means...

And you might want to inform yourself about the tu quoque fallacy which you employed in the quotation above.

It seems you should take your own advice and "Do better."
I think Barbarian knows all that stuff!!

That is interesting; it reminds me of the difference between the glass being half full, versus half empty. Not everyone believes my "unorthodox Christian belief" of the Angel's; if they did, they would understand that there is a infinite number of people who can stand on this earth.
I don't know what you mean by the angels.
There's a lot of empty land everywhere in the world.
We could accomodate more persons,,,as long as we remember to keep some land empty for farming.
If the population of the US keeps decreasing, who is going to pay your social security?
If everyone wants to work in an office, who is going to produce the food?

Maybe we should be helping farmers instead of hindering them?

If we have more persons needing THINGS, we increase our economy and more persons get jobs which increase the economy, and so on.

A decreased population means less persons are buying and more will become unemployed - thus demanding income from others (unemployment insurance).

There's more but I can't remember right now...

I don't know what you mean by the angels.
I actually used the wrong word, finite instead of infinite. The eternal soul, is actually an Angel; as I did describe in the War in Heaven thread I did post. There were only so many Angels involved in that mess; around 8 billion or so, and we are here to serve penance; and to be punished. The population of the earth cannot go over the available "souls" to inhabit these mortal shell's.

But don't believe anything I say; the proof is coming.

I actually used the wrong word, finite instead of infinite. The eternal soul, is actually an Angel; as I did describe in the War in Heaven thread I did post. There were only so many Angels involved in that mess; around 8 billion or so, and we are here to serve penance; and to be punished. The population of the earth cannot go over the available "souls" to inhabit these mortal shell's.

But don't believe anything I say; the proof is coming.
I understood you.

How do you know it's 8 billion angels?

Why are we serving penance for what the angels did?

God cannot make new souls?

Do you believe in reincarnation?

There is global warming and climate change; and it is being caused by men. Not all men, just some of these governments and the greed of men who want to go and strip the moon and any other thing they can in this solar system for profit. The funny thing is, if you read about what happens to astronauts who spend any length of time in space; the human body will start to break down the longer a human being is away from this earth. You would think "scientist" would try and figure out that problem, before these governments would invest more billions of dollars into the "space program".
It's not going to be easy to fix. Our bodies evolved in gravity and depend on it to function well over the long run. The obvious solution is rotation of a ring-shaped vessel. Newton's law requires that acceleration (change in speed or direction) will produce a force that would act like gravity.

Well, the panic about both things is enormously unwarranted. Projections of global destruction from C02 emissions has been wildly overblown for political reasons, not out of concern for the planet. You can observe this in the hypocrisy of the elites clamoring to assert power over everyone else via climate alarmist policies who fly about in private jets to attend climate catastrophe conferences, and take fossil-fueled limos to and from the conference venues, and eat the meat of climate-damaging farting animals (cows, pigs, etc.). They aren't panicked but they sure hope we will be. A frightened public can be induced to adopt incredibly stupid things, you see - as the Covid19 crisis demonstrated.
That's quite a laundry list of "because I say so" assertions.

IIRC, the last time I tried to discuss this with you it turned out that you actually don't know much of anything about the science of climatology and instead get most of your info from conspiracy theory videos on YT.

So why do you think anyone should go with your baseless say-so over the actual work of professional scientists?

That's quite a laundry list of "because I say so" assertions.

IIRC, the last time I tried to discuss this with you it turned out that you actually don't know much of anything about the science of climatology and instead get most of your info from conspiracy theory videos on YT.

*Sigh* Just more Strawman arguing...

So why do you think anyone should go with your baseless say-so over the actual work of professional scientists?

When you stop using Strawman arguing, I'll be happy to talk. Until then, I'm just going to keep pointing out your fallacious rhetoric.

*Sigh* Just more Strawman arguing...

When you stop using Strawman arguing, I'll be happy to talk. Until then, I'm just going to keep pointing out your fallacious rhetoric.
So you can't give any reason at all why anyone should go with your empty assertions over the conclusions of professional climatologists.

So noted.

So you can't give any reason at all why anyone should go with your empty assertions over the conclusions of professional climatologists.
One such, James Hanson of NASA, accurately predicted the warming so far, decades in advance, using only carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere.

Confirmed predictions like that are why almost all climatologists admit the fact of a warming atmosphere.

iu

Why are we serving penance for what the angels did?
We are the Angel's who did, and didn't do it. Many sat on the sidelines, and did not want to pick a side; all the rest who did engage in battle did destroy entire Gardens (planets) in their effort's to kill each other. Our Purpose is to defend and protect Father first; then to defend and protect all life second.
God is Life; and through His Angels He does Create Life. Each and every one of us; through God's Grace, can and do Create Life (and I'm not just talking about making babies). To destroy life without purpose (or to allow it to happen) is a Sin. For God to have such powerful Children running amuck; well nothing like that is ever going to happen again. God will not take our free will, but everyone is going to understand the rules when this is done.

Do you believe in reincarnation?
I do not believe in reincarnation, God would not put a supremely intelligent being into a rock. But the soul is reborn into each generation as we do walk this earth as simple mortal men.

But my feeling is that the world population increasing is NOT a problem.
I think the opposite, I think the decreasing of the world population is a problem.
I used to know a lot about this but have forgotten most of it.
Anyway, what do YOU think?
For some nations, it's going to be a gigantic problem. Japan, for example, has a growing aged population, and too few working age adults. The U.S. is doing fine, primarily because immigration continues. Close the borders, and we'll be in trouble. China's "one child" policy has been a disaster. Not only did it reduce the working population, with a growing population of elderly people, abortion selectively killed off females, leaving a large excess of males who will never find wives.

As noted, immigration can fix this, but neither China nor Japan is particularly open to foreign immigration. Should be interesting.

Last I looked, the numbers suggest that the U.S. could have a population of about one billion with today's standard of living, if we made good use of land, and alternative energy sources.

Back