Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Science question

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
We are the Angel's who did, and didn't do it. Many sat on the sidelines, and did not want to pick a side; all the rest who did engage in battle did destroy entire Gardens (planets) in their effort's to kill each other. Our Purpose is to defend and protect Father first; then to defend and protect all life second.
God is Life; and through His Angels He does Create Life. Each and every one of us; through God's Grace, can and do Create Life (and I'm not just talking about making babies). To destroy life without purpose (or to allow it to happen) is a Sin. For God to have such powerful Children running amuck; well nothing like that is ever going to happen again. God will not take our free will, but everyone is going to understand the rules when this is done.

I do not believe in reincarnation, God would not put a supremely intelligent being into a rock. But the soul is reborn into each generation as we do walk this earth as simple mortal men.
Do you have verses for the above?
I've never heard of this before.

For some nations, it's going to be a gigantic problem. Japan, for example, has a growing aged population, and too few working age adults. The U.S. is doing fine, primarily because immigration continues. Close the borders, and we'll be in trouble. China's "one child" policy has been a disaster. Not only did it reduce the working population, with a growing population of elderly people, abortion selectively killed off females, leaving a large excess of males who will never find wives.

As noted, immigration can fix this, but neither China nor Japan is particularly open to foreign immigration. Should be interesting.

Last I looked, the numbers suggest that the U.S. could have a population of about one billion with today's standard of living, if we made good use of land, and alternative energy sources.
Looks like we agree Barb.
100%

Looks like we agree Barb.
100%
Look up reuse water .

California,Texas and soon Florida will allow it for potable use after treatment.

I should post a few maps of Florida before WW2 and the photos of that time . Okechobee and is Osceola county would suffice .then compare with the growth . No photos of the like I want exist of lake o before the hurricane of 1926 .that is when they started the first dike and it's named for the POTUS of the time Herbert Hoover dike.

There is global warming and climate change; and it is being caused by men. Not all men, just some of these governments and the greed of men who want to go and strip the moon and any other thing they can in this solar system for profit. The funny thing is, if you read about what happens to astronauts who spend any length of time in space; the human body will start to break down the longer a human being is away from this earth. You would think "scientist" would try and figure out that problem, before these governments would invest more billions of dollars into the "space program".
It's not going to be easy to fix. Our bodies evolved in gravity and depend on it to function well over the long run. The obvious solution is rotation of a ring-shaped vessel. Newton's law requires that acceleration (change in speed or direction) will produce a force that would act like gravity.

Do you have verses for the above?
I've never heard of this before.
God did not reveal the entire truth from the beginning; if He had it would have effected the choices and free will of all the people.

The same with this climate change; if people had known the truth before hand it would have effected the choices and free will. Those who were always leaning toward that evil spectrum, will always do evil. Some of those who stood neutral; have shown that they are more inclined to do evil, to serve-self above all other's; to covet wealth and power. For the rest of us; we've just had to endure what is; with the Lesson being to value all life.

The balance of the natural order of all things is critical; and mankind has destroyed that balance here on this earth. While you might argue that not all men are responsible; we have all consumed pretty much every thing these mega-corporations have shoved down our throats.

As an example, if 2 billion Christians stood united and said, we are not going to buy any more products from any of the mega-corporations; those companies would have to increase prices elsewhere to keep their profits up. It would eventually get to the point where only the super wealthy could afford such things; and the control (the money) those mega-corporations hold would be diminished. It would also cut into the profits of the super wealthy who hold most of the stock in such companies.

The carbon emissions would be cut drastically from the transport of raw materials and "goods"; and this world would be a better place. But the Christians cannot stand united; there are just too many "doctrines" as to the "best way to worship God and follow the teachings of Christ".

God did not reveal the entire truth from the beginning; if He had it would have effected the choices and free will of all the people.

The same with this climate change; if people had known the truth before hand it would have effected the choices and free will. Those who were always leaning toward that evil spectrum, will always do evil. Some of those who stood neutral; have shown that they are more inclined to do evil, to serve-self above all other's; to covet wealth and power. For the rest of us; we've just had to endure what is; with the Lesson being to value all life.

The balance of the natural order of all things is critical; and mankind has destroyed that balance here on this earth. While you might argue that not all men are responsible; we have all consumed pretty much every thing these mega-corporations have shoved down our throats.

As an example, if 2 billion Christians stood united and said, we are not going to buy any more products from any of the mega-corporations; those companies would have to increase prices elsewhere to keep their profits up. It would eventually get to the point where only the super wealthy could afford such things; and the control (the money) those mega-corporations hold would be diminished. It would also cut into the profits of the super wealthy who hold most of the stock in such companies.

The carbon emissions would be cut drastically from the transport of raw materials and "goods"; and this world would be a better place. But the Christians cannot stand united; there are just too many "doctrines" as to the "best way to worship God and follow the teachings of Christ".
But how would the world be a better place?
You're talking about going back to the 1700 or 1800's.
If we don't buy the products, as you say, only the rich would be able to afford them.
The majority of the world population is not rich.
BTW, I believe we're headed in that direction anyway...

But how would the world be a better place?
You're talking about going back to the 1700 or 1800's.
If we don't buy the products, as you say, only the rich would be able to afford them.
The majority of the world population is not rich.
BTW, I believe we're headed in that direction anyway...
Just using the USA as an example; these mega-corporations have consolidated our entire food chain in what is essentially the hands of the few; and they want as much profit as they can get. The people have no control over any of it; other than to pay whatever price is demanded; regaining control would be a good thing in my opinion.
Our youth no longer "know" whether they are a boy or a girl; I believe the influence of social media plays a huge part in that. And those companies only survive because the mega-corporations support the advertising platform; and these governments wont really regulate them because they, themselves have become mega-corporations with the influence to control legislation.
As for going back to the 1700 or 1800's; you might be surprised at how far back we go as we do move forward. The priority's of life have been lost, LIFE has been lost to us all. This dog eat dog world is not a place for any child to grow up.
The greed of men have led us all to this climate change stuff. There are men burning the Amazon to make way for cattle for profit. But they are destroying a part of nature that is needed for something that is not; just so they can make more money.

Just using the USA as an example; these mega-corporations have consolidated our entire food chain in what is essentially the hands of the few; and they want as much profit as they can get. The people have no control over any of it; other than to pay whatever price is demanded; regaining control would be a good thing in my opinion.
Our youth no longer "know" whether they are a boy or a girl; I believe the influence of social media plays a huge part in that. And those companies only survive because the mega-corporations support the advertising platform; and these governments wont really regulate them because they, themselves have become mega-corporations with the influence to control legislation.
As for going back to the 1700 or 1800's; you might be surprised at how far back we go as we do move forward. The priority's of life have been lost, LIFE has been lost to us all. This dog eat dog world is not a place for any child to grow up.
The greed of men have led us all to this climate change stuff. There are men burning the Amazon to make way for cattle for profit. But they are destroying a part of nature that is needed for something that is not; just so they can make more money.

1855, when that was going on Florida had it's third Seminole war .

It never was safe .

It's not going to be easy to fix. Our bodies evolved in gravity and depend on it to function well over the long run. The obvious solution is rotation of a ring-shaped vessel. Newton's law requires that acceleration (change in speed or direction) will produce a force that would act like gravity.
I believe there is a bit of difference in the theory of evolution and the truth of Creation I believe Newton's law (as he theorized) has been around for quite a while; but science has never been able to duplicate or give effect to that theory. If it was even possible to create gravity or the other things we need here; that would be a great solution to global warming because we could all just fly away to another planet where the wealthy could destroy those planets as well in making their profits.

I believe there is a bit of difference in the theory of evolution and the truth of Creation I believe Newton's law (as he theorized) has been around for quite a while; but science has never been able to duplicate or give effect to that theory.
It's not a theory. You're thinking of his theory of gravitation. Laws, such as Newton's laws of motion, don't explain anything. They merely note what will happen in certain circumstances.

His three laws:
  1. A body remains at rest, or in motion at a constant speed in a straight line, unless acted upon by a force.
  2. The net force on a body is equal to the body's acceleration multiplied by its mass or, equivalently, the rate at which the body's momentum changes with time.
  3. If two bodies exert forces on each other, these forces have the same magnitude but opposite directions.[1]
I was referring to the 2nd law. Acceleration occurs in a rotating ship when the spin changes one's direction of motion. So the force would be the mass of a person times the acceleration, making a simulation of gravity.

Darwin's theory is a theory because it not only predicts what will happen, but explains why it happens. Newton did not explain why F=ma.

Evolution is both an observed phenomenon and a theory.

I'm sorry Englightened, I did mean to tell you that I agree with a lot of what you say.

I agree. The little farmers are going out of business and we're putting ourselves in the hands of these big corporations and when they have all the control they'll be able to do whatever they want to do.
This is always a bad situation.

In my area the water supply was put in the hands of a private corporation and the prices have, at least, doubled from how they used to be when the govt ran it.

Water should not be in the hands of a private corp.

Our youth no longer "know" whether they are a boy or a girl; I believe the influence of social media plays a huge part in that.

This is a big problem.
Kids get brainwashed easily. They tend to believe what they're taught in school....some more than what their parents teach them. Besides that. what they HEAR is toxic. It's poison to the brain. Who ever would have even thought such a premise? And in one generation? !!

And those companies only survive because the mega-corporations support the advertising platform; and these governments wont really regulate them because they, themselves have become mega-corporations with the influence to control legislation.
Like I said, I agree with a lot of what you say.
Here in Italy, for instance, not everyone could afford to hear their home properly because everything else has become expensive AND heating has become expensive. Some are going back to wood or pellets. IOW, I think our quality of life is going to change in the future. But we do have to accept that this will happen.

Well, I remember way back when many protested against this.
What did it change? Nothing.
Eventually it'll be the poor and the rich - the rich controlling everything.

I agree. The little farmers are going out of business and we're putting ourselves in the hands of these big corporations and when they have all the control they'll be able to do whatever they want to do.
This is always a bad situation.

In my area the water supply was put in the hands of a private corporation and the prices have, at least, doubled from how they used to be when the govt ran it.

Water should not be in the hands of a private corp.

This is a big problem.
Kids get brainwashed easily. They tend to believe what they're taught in school....some more than what their parents teach them. Besides that. what they HEAR is toxic. It's poison to the brain. Who ever would have even thought such a premise? And in one generation? !!

Like I said, I agree with a lot of what you say.
Here in Italy, for instance, not everyone could afford to hear their home properly because everything else has become expensive AND heating has become expensive. Some are going back to wood or pellets. IOW, I think our quality of life is going to change in the future. But we do have to accept that this will happen.

Well, I remember way back when many protested against this.
What did it change? Nothing.
Eventually it'll be the poor and the rich - the rich controlling everything.
Having been involved with both water and sewer grids and electricity.

The govt should force one to buy their water
You do know that even under desantis ,trump ,Rick Scott and before the state allowed my maga loving county to deny well permits and it's not just my county .

I get the water rights but it's not always cheaper with the state .should I be made to be on the sewer grid despite having a good septic system?

Here that is me in the photo .on the patio route when it has electric. Power was more with the city .there's a trade off to sell it .but the people wanted it.it wasn't a fully honest trade off IMHO but the people won't see why until a hurricane decimates the area and they wait weeks longer then they are used to .

Never mind that the city was very lenient . So I know both sides of the utility argument .

I'm sorry Englightened, I did mean to tell you that I agree with a lot of what you say.
I'm glad you don't agree with everything I say; otherwise there would not need to be any discussion on everything. Getting different points of view from others help's me to clarify my own understanding.

As for your post after this one; the number of people on this earth do have an impact on global warming; more people driving cars and more need for ships and trucks to transport food around as just one issue.

Protesting what these mega-corporations and governments do has been useless for a long time now; they are never going to stop the global warming (climate change) because there is no money to be made in it; except for the governments sinking the common people into more debt by giving money to people who are already wealthy, as they claim to be "doing something" to capture or clean up the carbon.

Having been involved with both water and sewer grids and electricity.

The govt should force one to buy their water
You do know that even under desantis ,trump ,Rick Scott and before the state allowed my maga loving county to deny well permits and it's not just my county .

I get the water rights but it's not always cheaper with the state .should I be made to be on the sewer grid despite having a good septic system?

Here that is me in the photo .on the patio route when it has electric. Power was more with the city .there's a trade off to sell it .but the people wanted it.it wasn't a fully honest trade off IMHO but the people won't see why until a hurricane decimates the area and they wait weeks longer then they are used to .

Never mind that the city was very lenient . So I know both sides of the utility argument .
You're looking good Jason!

I also believe water should be purchased. Otherwise we'd consume it like there's no tomorrow. Literally.

I don't think you should be forced to do anything that doesn't harm the existing system.
I do , however, believe there has to be some kind of limit.
Water is necessary to live and there shouldn't be any big profit margins being gained.

I'm glad you don't agree with everything I say; otherwise there would not need to be any discussion on everything. Getting different points of view from others help's me to clarify my own understanding.

As for your post after this one; the number of people on this earth do have an impact on global warming; more people driving cars and more need for ships and trucks to transport food around as just one issue.

Protesting what these mega-corporations and governments do has been useless for a long time now; they are never going to stop the global warming (climate change) because there is no money to be made in it; except for the governments sinking the common people into more debt by giving money to people who are already wealthy, as they claim to be "doing something" to capture or clean up the carbon.
OK
But what about this...
What about all the planes flying around every day.
I had a little travel agency back when and we used a book instead of a computer to find flights.
If you saw all the flights in that book - how thick it was - it would scare you to think of all the planes taking off.

How come they get to fly, but we have to worry about cars?
Maybe because the wealthy like to travel around?
There was a vice president that championed saving energy. Can't think of his name right now.
He lives in a mansion and uses a private jet for travel.
Talk is cheap.

You're looking good Jason!

I also believe water should be purchased. Otherwise we'd consume it like there's no tomorrow. Literally.

I don't think you should be forced to do anything that doesn't harm the existing system.
I do , however, believe there has to be some kind of limit.
Water is necessary to live and there shouldn't be any big profit margins being gained.
Photo is five years old .
You do know that most municipal utilities are used to find the very city or county .

As that article said .no one gets paid unless we read meters .
Most private grids are small . Let's see the history of the old grid I know .the moorings and ji had its own water and other condos.all token over by the county then the county decided it couldn't handle the water ,it's a battles over the wells .the city has triple the amount of water and half of the county in space but not customers .the county has five wells versus several hundred . Many MCM communities were built with a tiny grid of water only or both .my parents until the community went bankrupt was in that situation and the county uses that old sewer plant and expanded it .

The city increased it rates by 20 percent to fund a bond purchases and construction of the new sewer plant .

11 percent for fpl . Six percent for water .the later is a law.

Photo is five years old .
You do know that most municipal utilities are used to find the very city or county .

As that article said .no one gets paid unless we read meters .
Most private grids are small . Let's see the history of the old grid I know .the moorings and ji had its own water and other condos.all token over by the county then the county decided it couldn't handle the water ,it's a battles over the wells .the city has triple the amount of water and half of the county in space but not customers .the county has five wells versus several hundred . Many MCM communities were built with a tiny grid of water only or both .my parents until the community went bankrupt was in that situation and the county uses that old sewer plant and expanded it .

The city increased it rates by 20 percent to fund a bond purchases and construction of the new sewer plant .

11 percent for fpl . Six percent for water .the later is a law.
These are problems I'm not familiar with.
Guess each region has its own problems.
Honestly, I worry that we may run out of clean water someday.
It's so precious.

These are problems I'm not familiar with.
Guess each region has its own problems.
Honestly, I worry that we may run out of clean water someday.
It's so precious.
Submarines and the navy ships and space station use reverse osmosis and reuse water .

It simply removes salt. The city I work for and county already have reverse osmosis. It just would be a bit more expensive in the power usage plus the brine . Saudi arabi and yemen have been using salt water .you can drain that and simply use it and treat it and the water will work it's way back .

Israel uses the ocean .

A customer or a contractor is charged a fee to get a line brought to them ,it's more expensive if a line must be bored to them .sometimes the nearest water grid being cheaper will simply do the job.thd city used to have all its customers in city limits .now it doesn't because if that due to expansion .the streets with wells are mostly well outside of city limits and on the mainland .

Back