Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Should women teach in the church?

If they are over children.
That isn't pastoring.
It is child care.
A child is not considered a man.
I know.
If the Senior pastor asked his wife, as his help mate, to serve as children's pastor, and she refuses, then she is actually over riding his authority, and is in rebellion.
I have never heard of a "children's pastor".
Sounds like a woman's grasp at a title and power she is not worthy of..
Women can teach each other and children.
If they want to be called pastor it is all ego.

By the use of the word 'authentein' in 1 Timothy 2:12.
Only God in Christ is over his children. For those who are saved by grace, and bow the knee before their Heavenly Father, it is a level playing field. All are all equal in the sight of God, for all have sinned and all are unworthy.

Last edited:
I have never heard of a "children's pastor".
Sounds like a woman's grasp at a title and power she is not worthy of..

In larger churches the Senior and staff appoint Pastors over children, youth and elderly.

Both men and women.

Ok. Let me know when you find that scripture, Jerry.
SEE I POSTED THE SCRIPTURES you rejected and then added to the word. YOU ASK FOR SCRIPTURES AND THEN REJECT THEM . once again a bishop is also called a elder. which is a leader and paul wrote to timothy saying if any MAN desires .to be a leader in this case 2. a leader in the Church. 2 a overseer of other pastors 3. paul wrote For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 1 Corinthians 4:15

unless your part of this so called gender movement a Father in the Lord is a MALE . if you reject this then so be it.

i would be careful that you dont fall into this category
2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

SEE I POSTED THE SCRIPTURES you rejected and then added to the word. YOU ASK FOR SCRIPTURES AND THEN REJECT THEM . once again a bishop is also called a elder. which is a leader and paul wrote to timothy saying if any MAN desires .to be a leader in this case 2. a leader in the Church. 2 a overseer of other pastors 3. paul wrote For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 1 Corinthians 4:15

Let me know when you find a scripture that says women are FORBIDDEN from being a Pastor.

Only God in Christ is over his children. For those who are saved by grace, and bow the knee before their Heavenly Father, it is a level playing field. All are all equal in the sight of God, for all have sinned and all are unworthy.
The Bible does not support your claim to equality in authority.

Hebrews 13:17
17Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they watch over your souls as those who must give an account.

Let’s look at some scriptures that speak about the balance in the man/woman, husband/wife relationship.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. Ephesians 5:25-33

• For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.

• So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies

• Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

I believe if the wife is respecting her husband and operating under his authority in the home and the local church, there will be peace and the blessing of the Lord; fruitfulness and unity.

...it is a level playing field. All are all equal in the sight of God, for all have sinned and all are unworthy.
You can consider yourself unworthy if you want, but I'm not. So don't lump me in with those who aren't worthy.

Colossians 1:12
Giving thanks to God the Father, who hath made us worthy to be partakers of the lot of the saints in light

unless your part of this so called gender movement a Father in the Lord is a MALE . if you reject this then so be it.

i would be careful that you dont fall into this category
2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Metaphors
Father of medicine (Hippocrates)
Land of my fathers
City fathers
have ye not many ‘fathers’ for in Christ Jesus I have begotten (fathered) you through the gospel. (Two metaphors)
Father - helper guide keeper etc, but unrelated to gender.
People take things literally when they should not. This is a problem I get regularly.

Women preachers are trying to put men under themselves as they purport to be under Christ.
Their POV...God, Christ, woman, man.

If she holds herself above what is written in the bible, she is trying to separate a great many people from God,
Women preachers should be held in the same esteem as any other false teacher.
This is total nonsense! Stop trying to subjugate women!

You can consider yourself unworthy if you want, but I'm not. So don't lump me in with those who aren't worthy.

Colossians 1:12
Giving thanks to God the Father, who hath made us worthy to be partakers of the lot of the saints in light
God, who is neither male nor female, is the Father of my soul when I was born again.
My soul, like yours, is likewise neither male nor female and our spiritual growth is independent of our human teacher's physical body, but instead is dependent on our mentor's spiritual walk with God.

Last edited:
God, who is neither male nor female, is the Father of my soul when I was born again.
My soul, like yours, is likewise neither male nor female and our spiritual growth is independent of our human teacher's physical body, but instead is dependent on our mentor's spiritual walk with God.

Last time I checked, “Father” is male.

Male begets.

Female gives birth; we are born of a woman.

JLB

our spiritual growth is independent of our human teacher's physical body
Not according to Paul.

1 Timothy 2:14
14...it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression.

Because of this women are not permitted to teach or have authority over a man.

Apparently, you used to agree with this and argued that it was true then in Paul's day but not now for us. But now it seems you're arguing that it was never true...that the sex of the teacher has no bearing on their value as a teacher.

Back